Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rathbone V Perkins 11:23 - Dec 31 with 5470 viewsYouTubeDale

Post Maidstone United away Rathbone has found his feet. He has been one of the key ingredients to our recent success, a player who can provide that vital spark changing the direction of play from defence into attack. For a small footballer he packs a big punch in the middle of the park. He constantly nicks the ball either sprinting up the pitch with it then laying it off with good effect, or putting it out of play denying the opposition possession. He seems to find an extra two feet of lunge to do the trick sometimes and in doing so puts himself at risk of injury. For his size, he's the bravest player on the pitch.
When looking back in time trying to remember the performance of other players like Perkins our judgement can become impaired. I rated Perkins very highly just like most Dale fans but for me Olly shades it. Rathbone's acceleration in attack is better and he has me gasping more at his tackles.
Opposition managers must be sick of the sight of him, he's a thorn in their side. He won't go away...that is, until his master, Keith Hill , calls him back to heel so he can claim what is becoming to be his customary standing ovation from the grateful Dale crowd.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Rathbone V Perkins on 11:48 - Dec 31 with 3521 viewsColDale

I reckon for the first time since he left, I wouldn't have Perkins back. Our midfield at the moment is an embarrassment of riches and ridiculous as it sounds, it worries me that we've got too many good ones. Its a hell of a job for Hilly to keep them all happy.
Rathbone V Perkins on 11:59 - Dec 31 with 3457 viewsSwissdale

Rathbone V Perkins on 11:48 - Dec 31 by ColDale

I reckon for the first time since he left, I wouldn't have Perkins back. Our midfield at the moment is an embarrassment of riches and ridiculous as it sounds, it worries me that we've got too many good ones. Its a hell of a job for Hilly to keep them all happy.

Agreed. Jamie Allen and Andy Cannon would be starters in most league one teams, and they are (rightfully) sitting on the bench at the moment. Tough job to keep them all until the end of January.
Rathbone V Perkins on 12:07 - Dec 31 with 3413 viewsSaxonDale

I think Rathbone is a very exciting prospect, he's only played about 10 professional league games but is already crucial to the way we're playing- and winning at the moment. For me the most exciting part of it all is that he can still clearly improve and will improve on certain parts of his play. I think with more game know-how he'll improve his choices with the ball, which are already very good but I think could become even better.

For me though at this moment in time Perkins still shades it. He was such an energy and was equally effective defending and going forward, remember his hat trick at Chesterfield for example. He was playing the Kante role before Kante had even kicked a football and such was his ability that in the first season with him in we only needed to play with 2 central midfielders without ever getting overran. For Rathbone to be even mentioned in the same breath as Perkins though shows he must be doing something right.
Rathbone V Perkins on 12:09 - Dec 31 with 3400 viewsD_Alien

Rathbone V Perkins on 11:59 - Dec 31 by Swissdale

Agreed. Jamie Allen and Andy Cannon would be starters in most league one teams, and they are (rightfully) sitting on the bench at the moment. Tough job to keep them all until the end of January.

Hilly referred to adding energy to the team at Walsall so it might be a start for Cannon, possibly in place of Rathbone - he needs protecting from over-exerting himself!

Great to see though, and great options

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:10 - Dec 31 with 3400 viewsColDale

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:07 - Dec 31 by SaxonDale

I think Rathbone is a very exciting prospect, he's only played about 10 professional league games but is already crucial to the way we're playing- and winning at the moment. For me the most exciting part of it all is that he can still clearly improve and will improve on certain parts of his play. I think with more game know-how he'll improve his choices with the ball, which are already very good but I think could become even better.

For me though at this moment in time Perkins still shades it. He was such an energy and was equally effective defending and going forward, remember his hat trick at Chesterfield for example. He was playing the Kante role before Kante had even kicked a football and such was his ability that in the first season with him in we only needed to play with 2 central midfielders without ever getting overran. For Rathbone to be even mentioned in the same breath as Perkins though shows he must be doing something right.

We were talking about Rathbone last night, and with the energy he's got, we play like we've got a front four. Some of the passing is exquisite and one day we'll have a game where everything just clicks and we could realistically be scoring seven or eight when opposition heads drop.
Rathbone V Perkins on 12:13 - Dec 31 with 3378 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rathbone V Perkins on 11:48 - Dec 31 by ColDale

Also, to highlight the gulf between us and our dear neighbours, many of their fans still rate Tutte as one their best central midfielders. We're simply light years ahead.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:22 - Dec 31 with 3325 viewsColDale

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:13 - Dec 31 by BigDaveMyCock

Also, to highlight the gulf between us and our dear neighbours, many of their fans still rate Tutte as one their best central midfielders. We're simply light years ahead.

Might have imagined it, but didn't one particular bucket claim earlier in the season that not one of our players would get in their side?
Rathbone V Perkins on 12:27 - Dec 31 with 3299 viewsfollon

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:22 - Dec 31 by ColDale

Might have imagined it, but didn't one particular bucket claim earlier in the season that not one of our players would get in their side?

Talking of buckets, that p doddery fellow is keeping a very low profile
Login to get fewer ads

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:29 - Dec 31 with 3291 viewsTVOS1907

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:13 - Dec 31 by BigDaveMyCock

It's probably the Tutte family thinking that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:33 - Dec 31 with 3257 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:29 - Dec 31 by TVOS1907

Apologies, I pressed arrow down rather than up.

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:37 - Dec 31 with 3237 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Oh yes, the locker containing the 'come back to bite you on the ar$e comments' is brimming.

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:40 - Dec 31 with 3215 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:29 - Dec 31 by TVOS1907

And Jimmy Wagg.

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:48 - Dec 31 with 3181 viewsboromat

For me very different players at the moment. Rathbone is played higher up in a position that suits him putting pressure on the defensive players forcing them into mistakes and running at them when in possession. Only thing he's currently missing in his current role is his final ball isn't always great. In contrast Perkins is a proper central midfielder he's clever with and without the ball can dictate play this may come to Rathbone with experience but I wouldn't want Rathbone playing in Lund or Camps position at the moment.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:57 - Dec 31 with 3133 viewsdingdangblue

Yes , I think it was the poster 'Anyone' if I remember correctly. He's on there today urging for them to go and get Keith Hill.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rathbone V Perkins on 13:15 - Dec 31 with 3083 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:57 - Dec 31 by dingdangblue

Yes , I think it was the poster 'Anyone' if I remember correctly. He's on there today urging for them to go and get Keith Hill.

Mannequin has just finished, fooking great film. Now for the Bury Forum, I fooking love Xmas.

Rathbone V Perkins on 13:30 - Dec 31 with 3039 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rathbone V Perkins on 12:57 - Dec 31 by dingdangblue

Wow, that thread is quite something else. A whole new level. The guy who feels the need to provide a personal potted history. You wouldn't get that on here.

Rathbone V Perkins on 13:39 - Dec 31 with 3012 viewsD_Alien

Rathbone V Perkins on 13:15 - Dec 31 by BigDaveMyCock

Mannequin has just finished, fooking great film. Now for the Bury Forum, I fooking love Xmas.

"...and we can build this love together"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rathbone V Perkins on 14:05 - Dec 31 with 2923 viewsShun

I've made them Perkins comparison before and I think it's a good one. For me Rathbone shades it. I genuinely think Perkins stood out more and attracted more crowd attention because of his standoutish looks - someone the size of a fifteen-year old with hair the colour of paper. Basically, it was hard not to notice him and so fans tended to focus on him more than others.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 14:06]
Rathbone V Perkins on 15:51 - Jan 1 with 2589 viewsaleanddale

Several buckets!!

Ejits...

Didds always disappears when the going gets tough!

Perkins for me, just. But want young ollie to prove to everybody he is better.. It's a close one already!
Rathbone V Perkins on 19:56 - Jan 1 with 2315 viewsdavidab2202

Due to living away first game I've been to this season on Friday ,but got to say was very impressed by what was an excellent performance by a young player who has only played a handful of games.

Can see he was never going to break through at United but feel he could have a bright future in the game if Friday is anything to go by
Rathbone V Perkins on 20:39 - Jan 1 with 2233 viewsDaley_Lama

If Olly Rathbone is an example of a player who wasn't quite good enough at Manchester United, imagine the unseen talent that spends its time playing under 17/18/19/20 football for Premiership Clubs in the hope that one of them turns out to be worth 50M and/or make it into the team with 10 other imports.

One of the reasons that I hoped that the Chekatrade would be a positive tourney this season, sadly it was not.

Poll: DF in or out

Rathbone V Perkins on 20:50 - Jan 1 with 2207 viewsPDIDDY

Not been on here for ages and bury still your obsession I see . The irony I'm on here 😂

Gissa job

Rathbone V Perkins on 21:00 - Jan 1 with 2185 viewsnordenblue

Rathbone V Perkins on 20:50 - Jan 1 by PDIDDY

Not been on here for ages and bury still your obsession I see . The irony I'm on here 😂

Not much of an obsession more of a continual source of hilarity how pissed your opinions all are.......
Rathbone V Perkins on 21:06 - Jan 1 with 2162 views442Dale

Rathbone V Perkins on 20:50 - Jan 1 by PDIDDY

<<Bottom of the league
at 11:37 4 Sep 2016

Don't let it get to you, long season ahead, just think how Bury fans have felt for a good few years being below Dale in league standings and even a division below you, how did that ever happen, the re election experts above the two time FA cup winners?>>

How did that ever happen?

How?

How?

HOW?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rathbone V Perkins on 09:25 - Jan 2 with 1902 viewsdingdangblue

Not won ANY game of football since Tuesday 27th September.
18 games.
Quite staggering that!
Even more staggering they are not in the bottom 4 or cut adrift.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024