Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinions 13:28 - Sep 2 with 10652 viewsmidlandsdale

Its with increasing alarm that I get the feeling that unless you are in the 'forum club' your opinion is dismissed. Its like your not worthy to have a different opinion. I have witnessed several non members expressing views and then systematically ridiculed by those who think they know better.
Opinions on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 2252 viewsJimmyRustler

Opinions on 16:42 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

And you have now identified what a 'troll' is. Thanks....

It wasn't me who asked but thanks, I appreciate you lumping me in the 'everyone who has a differing opinion to me is a troll' category
Opinions on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 2246 viewsJimmyRustler

Opinions on 16:45 - Sep 2 by D_Alien

Of course they're shite, it's just a bit of harmless rubbish! I'm hardly likely to take offence at your suggestion that I frequent the Pearl St bogs looking for trade, or summat like that? Even if it were true...

Tbf it's probably more likely to happen in the Sandy now they can't go for a pint at HT...
Opinions on 17:38 - Sep 2 with 2177 viewsPeaky

Would love to know who some of the posters are these days. I have not changed my username since the internet began (Or that amazing weekend in Torquay) but apart from TVOS, I am not sure what my old mates online names are these days.

'The original peaky 😂
Opinions on 19:28 - Sep 2 with 2091 viewsrobtheb

Opinions on 14:58 - Sep 2 by Knowlesy

To be fair, I don't know anybody from their usernames on this forum, but I don't think that I get my opinions dismissed or picked on or anything like that really.

I've seen a couple of occasions where people have been targeted, like James1980 recently, but a lot of the time I assume it's something personal between individuals normally.

I know a couple of people who post on here by their user name, only because they obviously told me. They in turn know me. Sometimes they can come in for some stick.

Don't often post but I do make comments and voice opinions as and when, which is what the forum is all about. Occasionally I get some feedback but never anything harsh.

Although I am a ST holder and attend home games and some away, I very rarely comment on the match, that I leave to others. My tactical knowledge of the game is limited so I don't debate in depth.............that don't mean I am clueless!

I enjoy the banter on here but tend to stay out of it.

Keep up the good work.......you know who you are!!!
Opinions on 20:32 - Sep 2 with 2001 viewsShun

Opinions on 19:28 - Sep 2 by robtheb

I know a couple of people who post on here by their user name, only because they obviously told me. They in turn know me. Sometimes they can come in for some stick.

Don't often post but I do make comments and voice opinions as and when, which is what the forum is all about. Occasionally I get some feedback but never anything harsh.

Although I am a ST holder and attend home games and some away, I very rarely comment on the match, that I leave to others. My tactical knowledge of the game is limited so I don't debate in depth.............that don't mean I am clueless!

I enjoy the banter on here but tend to stay out of it.

Keep up the good work.......you know who you are!!!

This is making me feel nostalgic for some names long gone. Tommo, Crede, maybe, sandylaner1, even (sometimes) tazzy!
Opinions on 20:43 - Sep 2 with 1980 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

As long as you remember the three rules, you will be fine :-

1) Don't treat it as a popularity contest, its not one.

2) TVOS although a fab bloke, is Mr Piss On Your Chips, my favourite being on a thread about signing any player you want, I said Gary Roberts, I got the reply "He's signed for Portsmouth!" Classic pissonyourchipsary.

3) If you make a spelling mistake, some posters will never read any of your posts again!

Oh and Dale Wolf is a nasty man!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Opinions on 20:51 - Sep 2 with 1957 viewsDaleAddict

Opinions on 20:43 - Sep 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

2) TVOS although a fab bloke, is Mr Piss On Your Chips, my favourite being on a thread about signing any player you want, I said Gary Roberts, I got the reply "He's signed for Portsmouth!" Classic pissonyourchipsary.

3) If you make a spelling mistake, some posters will never read any of your posts again!

It's.

Now how do I block you?

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Opinions on 21:06 - Sep 2 with 1932 viewsBartRowou

Opinions on 20:32 - Sep 2 by Shun

This is making me feel nostalgic for some names long gone. Tommo, Crede, maybe, sandylaner1, even (sometimes) tazzy!

Never sure if it's common knowledge or not but CREDE is actually pronounced CRAY-DAY (as opposed to CREED), it being the imperative of credo, I believe.

The last part of that sentence made me chuckle.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Opinions on 21:13 - Sep 2 with 1919 viewsrochdaleriddler

It's an easy to join club, got to be opinionated , grumpy, old and a belief that you know everything

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Opinions on 21:51 - Sep 2 with 1871 viewsnordenblue

Opinions on 21:13 - Sep 2 by rochdaleriddler

It's an easy to join club, got to be opinionated , grumpy, old and a belief that you know everything

Am I in this "club" out of interest?
What's the min age limit for "old"?
Opinions on 21:51 - Sep 2 with 1871 viewsDaleAddict

Damn, so close, I like to think that I'm not that old...

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Opinions on 21:57 - Sep 2 with 1858 viewsTalkingSutty

I agree with you😁
Opinions on 22:17 - Sep 2 with 1824 viewsSuddenLad

You're in then.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Opinions on 22:36 - Sep 2 with 1799 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Opinions on 22:17 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

You're in then.....

I know a few here and a few know me. Don't really give a flying what anyone thinks and if I get called a nasty name who cares. Does not effect my life at all!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Opinions on 22:48 - Sep 2 with 1783 viewsShun

Opinions on 21:06 - Sep 2 by BartRowou

Never sure if it's common knowledge or not but CREDE is actually pronounced CRAY-DAY (as opposed to CREED), it being the imperative of credo, I believe.

The last part of that sentence made me chuckle.

Indeed, I'm well versed in Latin!
Opinions on 22:58 - Sep 2 with 1759 viewsD_Alien

Opinions on 22:36 - Sep 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

I know a few here and a few know me. Don't really give a flying what anyone thinks and if I get called a nasty name who cares. Does not effect my life at all!!!!

If only others could adopt such an attitude!

Fact is though, you can't 'adopt' it - you've either got a thick skin or you haven't, and those of us who have shouldn't have to water ourselves down* just to please the rest

* diluted

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Opinions on 23:16 - Sep 2 with 1734 viewsTalkingSutty

Opinions on 22:36 - Sep 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

Some don't even give their opinions on the match, the players, the club..nothing. They revel in picking holes in those who offer an opinion, sitting in f*****g judgement,like they are superior, all behind a keyboard obviously😁.Then you meet them and you know why.👍
Opinions on 00:05 - Sep 3 with 1687 viewsTVOS1907

Opinions on 20:43 - Sep 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

He's actually signed for Wigan. 😜

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Opinions on 00:28 - Sep 3 with 1669 viewsjoecooke

Give us an R

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Opinions on 07:59 - Sep 3 with 1571 viewsrochedale

Opinions on 14:14 - Sep 2 by Shun

Absolutely. It's fine to have a different opinion, it encourages discussion. But be prepared to have it challenged. I think some people mistake having their opinion challenged with being ganged up upon and being ridiculed, which I personally don't believe is happening.

I agree with you. I think the difference with this forum and others, not that I frequent many others regularly, is that there are a few intelligent people on here, I don't include myself in that few. So people are challenged often. All I would say is, make sure you believe your own point and have something to back it up with. If someone challenges you be prepared to respond and don't take it to heart, it's only a forum and one where there is zero bullying imo.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Opinions on 10:03 - Sep 3 with 1486 viewsrochdaleriddler

Opinions on 22:17 - Sep 2 by SuddenLad

You're in then.....

I know!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Opinions on 10:05 - Sep 3 with 1480 viewsrochdaleriddler

Opinions on 21:51 - Sep 2 by nordenblue

Am I in this "club" out of interest?
What's the min age limit for "old"?

Probably! 50 plus I would say I'm 56 and fit all the criteria

Opinions on 10:21 - Sep 3 with 1463 viewsnordenblue

Opinions on 10:05 - Sep 3 by rochdaleriddler

It's a shame I miss out..... Happy to be allowed in though even if my credentials don't quite match
Opinions on 10:33 - Sep 3 with 1447 viewsD_Alien

Opinions on 10:05 - Sep 3 by rochdaleriddler

Nah. Whilst still perceiving having your views challenged as 'bullying' you'll fall short

We can see what real bullying is about now that Sweetmore's back, and applying the same label to disagreeing with someone's opinion, even to the point of ridicule, isn't in the same ballpark

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Opinions on 10:34 - Sep 3 with 1444 viewsmacro

It's the 'stupid' comments which wind me up. Like slagging off players after one match or anything dids says.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2017 10:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024