Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redmond 10:42 - Feb 15 with 1049 viewsSaintNick

Seems to have a low player rating again, is this entirely fair, in the first half Redmond was involved in three of our best chances including the goal,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Redmond on 11:06 - Feb 15 with 1018 viewsSonicBoom

Uh oh. Light the Redmond touch paper and stand well back.....
Redmond on 11:33 - Feb 15 with 995 viewsSalisburySaint

he wasn't great but as you say involved in best chances in first half and Adams should have at least hit the target from his great cross in second half
Redmond on 11:38 - Feb 15 with 977 viewsKennington

19 goals and 13 assists in 4 and half seasons. Even that makes things better than they are, as he had two decent goal scoring seasons of 6 and 7. Take those out and it’s slim pickings

And before people say there’s more to his game than goals and assists, I’d say that’s bullshit. It’s like measuring a cricketer and saying their batting average and bowling aren’t great but they’re really good at stopping boundaries.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 11:44]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Redmond on 11:38 - Feb 15 with 968 viewssaint22

i am by no means his biggest fan but he had one of his better games (or halves) Sunday
That said his finishing is woeful
Redmond on 12:13 - Feb 15 with 927 viewsSonicBoom

If he's in the team we support him, end of.

That said, he is so frustrating because he does so much right then lets himself down. It's even more frustrating than a player who less things right, as they don't get your hopes up!

Someone said that at least he gets himself in those positions. But it's the same principle as Shane Long. Yes he kept getting in goalscoring positions which I guess is good, but how much better off would we be had someone else been there instead of him? Even just someone that converted 3 in 10 chances rather than his 1 in 10. Would make a big difference.
Redmond on 12:29 - Feb 15 with 911 views1teeminants

He sometimes does a lot of good things but he is one of the most frustrating footballers I’ve ever watched. For a professional footballer his finishing is not good , such weak and often wayward shooting. Sunday He was ok.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 12:32]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Redmond on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 889 views1ASIN12

Surely you have to judge a players and how they played by what they are in the team to do?

In my view Redmond is in the team to score, create chances and keep the ball - did he do that on Sunday?
Redmond on 12:59 - Feb 15 with 884 viewsstmichael

Most of his assists are not converted though as we say yesterday so he is actually a lot more productive than you state..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Login to get fewer ads

Redmond on 13:00 - Feb 15 with 883 viewsgreen

Ally McCoist (who I think is a fantastic co-commentator), highlighted Redmond's role in our goal yesterday and was full of praise for him. I think that sort of contribution often gets overlooked.

Yes, Redmond is a frustrating player to watch, but it is to his credit that he gets himself into such good positions. I'd rather he took people on and gambled than not, even if it doesn't always come off.

I think a lot of fans expect him to be Mane but in truth if he was finishing all of the chances he created he wouldn't be at Saints.
Redmond on 16:58 - Feb 15 with 823 viewsRon11

He's a good player, never seems to give up, never looks moody or sulky and unlucky again not to score against Wolves. He needs to be kept in the side, because he's one of those who can produce a sudden flash of genius that can change a game in Saint's favour. I notice he's always closely marked, so other managers obviously regard him as a serious threat.
Redmond on 18:18 - Feb 15 with 791 viewsMytchettSaint

Redmond on 12:13 - Feb 15 by SonicBoom

If he's in the team we support him, end of.

That said, he is so frustrating because he does so much right then lets himself down. It's even more frustrating than a player who less things right, as they don't get your hopes up!

Someone said that at least he gets himself in those positions. But it's the same principle as Shane Long. Yes he kept getting in goalscoring positions which I guess is good, but how much better off would we be had someone else been there instead of him? Even just someone that converted 3 in 10 chances rather than his 1 in 10. Would make a big difference.

Do you think we can insist that Bournemouth play him (Long) in our cup tie against them?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Redmond on 10:49 - Feb 16 with 674 viewsForeverred

Nathan redmond is a talented footballer if he only believed in himself , I think he is a player who needs confidence , a reassuring arm around his shoulder he has the talent to take on defenders, but is scared of making a mistake. I rather he took on the full backs fans would forgive him for being more positive in attack than keep constantly playing the ball backwards all the time. I noticed at the back end of last season when he scored at Norwich , his confidence improved and Ralph played him in a more attacking role with ings the teams form improved also. So hopefully he will hit the net soon and the confidence will return ,Nathan should be scoring more than five goals a season with the talent he has.
Redmond on 13:28 - Feb 16 with 631 views1885_SFC

Redmond on 10:49 - Feb 16 by Foreverred

Nathan redmond is a talented footballer if he only believed in himself , I think he is a player who needs confidence , a reassuring arm around his shoulder he has the talent to take on defenders, but is scared of making a mistake. I rather he took on the full backs fans would forgive him for being more positive in attack than keep constantly playing the ball backwards all the time. I noticed at the back end of last season when he scored at Norwich , his confidence improved and Ralph played him in a more attacking role with ings the teams form improved also. So hopefully he will hit the net soon and the confidence will return ,Nathan should be scoring more than five goals a season with the talent he has.

Exactly this. I've always liked Redmond and have always felt that somewhere inside - there is a terrific footballer trying to get out! He can be infuriating due to his inconsistency. He seems to have one great game followed by a couple where he has no influence/impact whatsoever. And that's the answer - Ralph & Co making him more consistent. Redmond needs to play with a smile on his face & get back to really enjoying his football.

Old School is Cool

Redmond on 13:52 - Feb 16 with 612 viewsTimSaint

Redmond on 12:59 - Feb 15 by stmichael

Most of his assists are not converted though as we say yesterday so he is actually a lot more productive than you state..

It only becomes an assist if it results in a goal !! :-)

Anything else is just a cross or a pass - which can be good or bad.

Productivity for a forward player is measured on goals and assists - check out the Top Scorer charts on the BBC website for example.

Think back to the Shrews Cup game. Valery must have put at least 10 crosses into the box. Most were either over hit and missed everyone, or were under hit and cleared by the first defender. Does that make him productive due to his number of crosses, or simply someone who continually wastes great chances to put in a decent cross, but ultimately hands possession back to the opposition ?

TimSaint

Redmond on 14:46 - Feb 16 with 598 viewsKennington

Redmond on 13:52 - Feb 16 by TimSaint

It only becomes an assist if it results in a goal !! :-)

Anything else is just a cross or a pass - which can be good or bad.

Productivity for a forward player is measured on goals and assists - check out the Top Scorer charts on the BBC website for example.

Think back to the Shrews Cup game. Valery must have put at least 10 crosses into the box. Most were either over hit and missed everyone, or were under hit and cleared by the first defender. Does that make him productive due to his number of crosses, or simply someone who continually wastes great chances to put in a decent cross, but ultimately hands possession back to the opposition ?

Exactly this. Of course assists to a point rely on the quality of player finishing but on that front Redmond’s had Ings for a while to aim for who is one of the best finishers in the game. I’m pretty sure if there was a video montage of all of Redmond’s crosses and through balls it wouldn’t make for a great watch.

The guy had loads of promise when he arrived but that 17/18 season when he managed one goal should have been the end of his time with us. Ironically it was the far more talented Tadic that was shipped out at the end of that season instead. I’d imagine Redmond doing very well at Rangers or Celtic or possibly a top championship club.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Redmond on 15:42 - Feb 16 with 579 viewsRon11

Redmond on 14:46 - Feb 16 by Kennington

Exactly this. Of course assists to a point rely on the quality of player finishing but on that front Redmond’s had Ings for a while to aim for who is one of the best finishers in the game. I’m pretty sure if there was a video montage of all of Redmond’s crosses and through balls it wouldn’t make for a great watch.

The guy had loads of promise when he arrived but that 17/18 season when he managed one goal should have been the end of his time with us. Ironically it was the far more talented Tadic that was shipped out at the end of that season instead. I’d imagine Redmond doing very well at Rangers or Celtic or possibly a top championship club.

I don't think Tadic was shipped out.
He wanted to leave.
Redmond on 17:30 - Feb 16 with 557 viewsBerber

Redmond on 11:38 - Feb 15 by Kennington

19 goals and 13 assists in 4 and half seasons. Even that makes things better than they are, as he had two decent goal scoring seasons of 6 and 7. Take those out and it’s slim pickings

And before people say there’s more to his game than goals and assists, I’d say that’s bullshit. It’s like measuring a cricketer and saying their batting average and bowling aren’t great but they’re really good at stopping boundaries.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 11:44]

I agree, there are all those deadly back passes from the corner flag for a start.

Edit: I say corner flag, but that would be an achievement if he got that far.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 17:30]
Redmond on 17:53 - Feb 16 with 542 viewscocklebreath

Redmond on 13:00 - Feb 15 by green

Ally McCoist (who I think is a fantastic co-commentator), highlighted Redmond's role in our goal yesterday and was full of praise for him. I think that sort of contribution often gets overlooked.

Yes, Redmond is a frustrating player to watch, but it is to his credit that he gets himself into such good positions. I'd rather he took people on and gambled than not, even if it doesn't always come off.

I think a lot of fans expect him to be Mane but in truth if he was finishing all of the chances he created he wouldn't be at Saints.

I’d like to agree with your Ally Mcoist shout, thought he was excellent . Nathan was better on Sunday and I’d rather him on the pitch than Djenepo

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024