Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill lovers 17:58 - Jan 1 with 21602 viewsDale23years

Explain this performance, find your excuses for your lovely manager

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Keith Hill lovers on 09:36 - Jan 2 with 2785 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill lovers on 09:31 - Jan 2 by Iknoweverything

A fans forum that is accountable to the law. So let’s not, eh?

your frightening me to death now f*ck off

This is not the time for bickering.

Keith Hill lovers on 09:37 - Jan 2 with 2778 viewsIknoweverything

Keith Hill lovers on 09:36 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

your frightening me to death now f*ck off

Don’t be scared, dear. I have no legal powers.
Keith Hill lovers on 09:55 - Jan 2 with 2729 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 09:28 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

inthenet said himself that it was all speculative. This is a fans forum not a court of law... Maybe your sat to close to the director's box?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 9:30]

Not at all, but it’s disappointing how such ‘speculation’ only surfaces when things aren’t going well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith Hill lovers on 09:55 - Jan 2 with 2729 viewsParkinsGimp

Keith Hill lovers on 21:29 - Jan 1 by BlueMessiah

Which is precisely why Hill is going nowhere. A 5 year contract for anyone in football is a huge gamble, particularly if you are unable to pay it off if things go tits up.
Of course the club has no money (again!). They're in a lose-lose-lose situation. Either back their man financially in the hope he doesn't piss the cash up the wall (again) pay him off or go down and lose out financially that way.
Any (unlikely ) offers for players this January will be gleefully accepted by manager and board - of that I have no doubt.

Think that shows how inept the board are , they needed to grow a pair, but offering a 5 year contract is ridiculous.
Yeah we got our stadium , but it will be empty next season( its empty now ) and no one will want to watch the dross that shows up on the pitch .
Which clubs would pitch in for the likes of Davies, Andrew, Slew, Canavan, McNulty, Thompson, Nithe, Brown, Williams , et al, this January?
Keith Hill lovers on 10:03 - Jan 2 with 2700 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill lovers on 09:55 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Not at all, but it’s disappointing how such ‘speculation’ only surfaces when things aren’t going well.

Of course we wouldn't be discussing this when things are going right. Who cares about the pies when we are winning? nobody cares about the fixture board or the state of the toilets when we are winning but we're not. Its a fans forum hot a brains trust if you think its bad now wait till feb if we are still second bottom.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 10:09]

Keith Hill lovers on 10:06 - Jan 2 with 2681 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 10:03 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

Of course we wouldn't be discussing this when things are going right. Who cares about the pies when we are winning? nobody cares about the fixture board or the state of the toilets when we are winning but we're not. Its a fans forum hot a brains trust if you think its bad now wait till feb if we are still second bottom.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 10:09]

You’re missing the point.

Keith Hill lovers on 10:12 - Jan 2 with 2671 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill lovers on 02:13 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

Here's an analogy for you Sandy... Team Rochdale is like a marriage with Hilly the husband, a bit like my marriage. When I married her she was great she looked good, smelled good, laughed at my jokes, I could do no wrong, till death us do part. Within a few years she turned fat, she nagged me to death, I couldn't do a thing right, she blamed me for everything, so I got shut. It was the best thing I ever did.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 2:18]

And did her replacement go down?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill lovers on 10:16 - Jan 2 with 2657 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill lovers on 10:12 - Jan 2 by dingdangblue

And did her replacement go down?

She's a united fan most of the time she's been on top the way I like it,

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill lovers on 10:35 - Jan 2 with 2619 viewsNorthernDale

I am not calling for Keith to be sacked, but at the same time, I recognise that his recruitment as been p*ss poor this season, his team selection and formations have been absurd to appalling as well. Keith needs to sit this week and look at his players, and admit that picking his favourites or those who do what they are told too, rather then picking his better players or the absurd decision of playing players out of position to prove that he is an genius, as backfired to the extent that the defence is weaker, and attack is neutered, and we are all but relegated.

We have the chance to turn it around over the next 10 games or 8 games, if you omit, Wigan home and away, we may get a point at home against Wigan if we defend like demons.
Winnable games at home
- Southend, MK Dons, Fleetwood, Oldham
away games
- Gillingham (potential for a draw), Walsall (are beatable), Northampton (beatable), Bristol Rovers (potential for a draw)

However Keith needs to be honest, less obstinate and pick his best team and not favourites or stopping seeking to prove he is an alchemist in that he can turn every cr*p footballer into a brilliant footballer worth thousands of pounds. In the case of NML, Hogan, Done he unfilled talent had something to work with, sadly many of the present squad lack the basic talent needed.
Keith Hill lovers on 10:57 - Jan 2 with 2570 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill lovers on 02:13 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

Here's an analogy for you Sandy... Team Rochdale is like a marriage with Hilly the husband, a bit like my marriage. When I married her she was great she looked good, smelled good, laughed at my jokes, I could do no wrong, till death us do part. Within a few years she turned fat, she nagged me to death, I couldn't do a thing right, she blamed me for everything, so I got shut. It was the best thing I ever did.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 2:18]

I'll bet she'd tell a different tale

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill lovers on 11:29 - Jan 2 with 2474 viewsaleanddale

Keith Hill lovers on 19:28 - Jan 1 by Dale23years

In Hill we trust ?? Really give me one positive thing he done in 2017.
The football we play is worst in 25+years if you bear in mind the budget we have compared to the bad years.

Do you honest believe Keith hill will keep us in league 1 going off the last 2 transfer windows ???

yesterday was bad ( as have all 4 Christmas games )

but the worse in 25 years? do me a favour.

Lets see what the window brings. The team looked together and up for it first half then we unravelled ( a worry I agree )

Blackpool had the 3 best players on the pitch.

NML - Lund and Allen all not replaced properly and It showed yesterday.

We have no pace and we look one dimensional. Its a long way back from here and we need some new blood.

The best we have looked is when we beat Posh at home. Maybe revert to that formation to at least keep in the game for 90 minutes.
Keith Hill lovers on 12:21 - Jan 2 with 2371 viewsColDale

There's no doubting that this season is down to the failings and mistakes of Keith Hill. Recruitment hasn't been good enough, we've lacked leadership on the pitch and team selection / formations in recent weeks have been reminiscent of when Eyre talked about "stumbling across a formation".

But we've had nine great years with him in charge, and this is the first one where we've gone backwards. I think he's built up sufficient goodwill and faith over the years to be given the chance to turn things around. The transfer window these days makes the quick change impossible and we've now got a month in which he can try and sort it out. The big work will be needed in the Summer but quick short term fixes are required to see us through and surely Keith Hill should be afforded the opportunity to fix it.
Keith Hill lovers on 12:32 - Jan 2 with 2332 viewsinthenet

I would not have been coming here for 40yrs if I did not love this club , I just want answers like everyone else on here to what the hell is going on..on the pitch and off.
If you are satisfied TVOS with this dross then fair enough , but a vast majority of supporters are not , we want answers...... and lets not here the "cut our cloth , little Rochdale anymore it doesn't cut it.
Rant over....

Rastrickblue

Keith Hill lovers on 12:34 - Jan 2 with 2319 viewsIknoweverything

Keith Hill lovers on 12:21 - Jan 2 by ColDale

There's no doubting that this season is down to the failings and mistakes of Keith Hill. Recruitment hasn't been good enough, we've lacked leadership on the pitch and team selection / formations in recent weeks have been reminiscent of when Eyre talked about "stumbling across a formation".

But we've had nine great years with him in charge, and this is the first one where we've gone backwards. I think he's built up sufficient goodwill and faith over the years to be given the chance to turn things around. The transfer window these days makes the quick change impossible and we've now got a month in which he can try and sort it out. The big work will be needed in the Summer but quick short term fixes are required to see us through and surely Keith Hill should be afforded the opportunity to fix it.

I hope you’re right. I certainly agree Keith Hill has built up enough goodwill over the years to warrant a free pass right now. We only need to look at the unforgiving approach the Leicester lords took to Ranieri to see how not to do things in the name of decency.

The issue is that January is not the time to do good business. We need short-term deals and loans, as longer deals will jeopardise more structured planning in the summer.

Are the right players available? Loanees are a risk because you don’t know how it’s going to turn out.

Is there another Mendez-Laing out there waiting to be fixed? There needs to be, in my opinion, or Keith Hill won’t be able to save us based on the games I’ve witnessed so far (take note Kiwi).

It clearly isn’t working anymore with the majority of personnel he had last season. Perhaps this is why he’s shunting them all over the pitch. He can’t do anything else with them. Why they’re not performing to the levels set last season is up for debate, but only they and Keith Hill will have the real answers.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 12:48]
Keith Hill lovers on 12:37 - Jan 2 with 2300 viewsIknoweverything

Keith Hill lovers on 12:32 - Jan 2 by inthenet

I would not have been coming here for 40yrs if I did not love this club , I just want answers like everyone else on here to what the hell is going on..on the pitch and off.
If you are satisfied TVOS with this dross then fair enough , but a vast majority of supporters are not , we want answers...... and lets not here the "cut our cloth , little Rochdale anymore it doesn't cut it.
Rant over....

Nobody has said they are satisfied with dross. Exception was taken to you suggesting that the directors were creaming money off the top of transfer fees.
Keith Hill lovers on 12:38 - Jan 2 with 2288 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 12:32 - Jan 2 by inthenet

Rant over....

I'm not satisfied one iota; where have I said that?

I'm questioning your implication that some people are benefitting financially from transfer dealings. ("Looks like a few people have made little Rochdale pay for a nice lifestyle for themselves").

Who do you mean? The manager? It's well-known he receives a percentage of transfer fees. I have no problem with that if it is what it has taken to keep him at the club, particularly as those transfer fees are largely as a result of his work and influence. It's no different to performance-related pay in many other fields.

If not the manager, then who else? It's a pretty wild accusation to be throwing around and, as I said to kiwi, it's sad when these sort of things start to be posted when things aren't going well on the field.

I've been watching 35 years, by the way, although I'm not sure what the relevance of that is.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 12:45]

Keith Hill lovers on 12:43 - Jan 2 with 2259 viewsColDale

Keith Hill lovers on 12:34 - Jan 2 by Iknoweverything

I hope you’re right. I certainly agree Keith Hill has built up enough goodwill over the years to warrant a free pass right now. We only need to look at the unforgiving approach the Leicester lords took to Ranieri to see how not to do things in the name of decency.

The issue is that January is not the time to do good business. We need short-term deals and loans, as longer deals will jeopardise more structured planning in the summer.

Are the right players available? Loanees are a risk because you don’t know how it’s going to turn out.

Is there another Mendez-Laing out there waiting to be fixed? There needs to be, in my opinion, or Keith Hill won’t be able to save us based on the games I’ve witnessed so far (take note Kiwi).

It clearly isn’t working anymore with the majority of personnel he had last season. Perhaps this is why he’s shunting them all over the pitch. He can’t do anything else with them. Why they’re not performing to the levels set last season is up for debate, but only they and Keith Hill will have the real answers.

I'd say the biggest issues comes down to responsibility and leadership. We have a number of players who do well when those around them are doing well, and at the moment its as if they are looking around for someone else to stand tall rather than doing it themselves. I don't believe we can change that without a change in personnel.
Keith Hill lovers on 12:55 - Jan 2 with 2196 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill lovers on 12:43 - Jan 2 by ColDale

I'd say the biggest issues comes down to responsibility and leadership. We have a number of players who do well when those around them are doing well, and at the moment its as if they are looking around for someone else to stand tall rather than doing it themselves. I don't believe we can change that without a change in personnel.

And that's why we need someone like COG up front, to just hold on to the ball long enough to drag the rest of the team into the game. I don't care if his legs aren't what they were, I'd also make him captain

Think how Holty made a huge difference, at a time when we seemed to be on the back foot. Surely he'd be worth an approach, given Chesterfield's predicament and not starting there. He could hit the ground running, albeit slowly!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill lovers on 13:01 - Jan 2 with 2160 viewspioneer

Keith Hill lovers on 12:34 - Jan 2 by Iknoweverything

Leicester were turned round by sacking Ranieri, not sticking with him out of misplaced loyalty.

The owners were proved right despite the criticism they took at the time.
Keith Hill lovers on 13:09 - Jan 2 with 2132 viewsIknoweverything

Keith Hill lovers on 13:01 - Jan 2 by pioneer

Leicester were turned round by sacking Ranieri, not sticking with him out of misplaced loyalty.

The owners were proved right despite the criticism they took at the time.

Thanks for that, Marty McFly. You must give me a whirl in your time machine.
Keith Hill lovers on 14:30 - Jan 2 with 1962 viewsrochdale_ranger

Keith Hill lovers on 12:38 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

I'm not satisfied one iota; where have I said that?

I'm questioning your implication that some people are benefitting financially from transfer dealings. ("Looks like a few people have made little Rochdale pay for a nice lifestyle for themselves").

Who do you mean? The manager? It's well-known he receives a percentage of transfer fees. I have no problem with that if it is what it has taken to keep him at the club, particularly as those transfer fees are largely as a result of his work and influence. It's no different to performance-related pay in many other fields.

If not the manager, then who else? It's a pretty wild accusation to be throwing around and, as I said to kiwi, it's sad when these sort of things start to be posted when things aren't going well on the field.

I've been watching 35 years, by the way, although I'm not sure what the relevance of that is.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 12:45]

It has crossed my mind ,let’s face it how many of our players been sold off for “undisclosed fees” you would have to be very naive for it not to have crossed your mind in fairness. It’s been mentioned on the fans Facebook page in the past aswell as on here.
Keith Hill lovers on 14:39 - Jan 2 with 1944 views49thseason

For what its worth, my take on the problem is this: A football club is either successful because it has great support and is deeply embedded in its community or it has access to sacks of cash from an enthusiastic backer. Sadly Rochdale AFC has neither. We have a board of Directors who may well be supporters but they do not have the sort of cash required to operate a successful football club and unfortunately, most of the goodwill that ever existed within the community has evaporated thanks to years of indifference towards people who have paid to attend games season in and season out.

As more money is poured into the top end of the game, the starker becomes the contrast with clubs like Rochdale, wage expectations are higher, performance expectations are higher and the cost of doing business is now simply too much for clubs that do not have a wealthy benefactor or a pool of goodwill to draw on.

Put simply we do not have enough money in the club to be successful and it's getting harder every year.

Many ask about the "Hogan money", can anyone definitively tell us how much and when it is paid? Figures are bandied about £3m, £2m who knows? What were the club's debts at the time, what are they now? Is this money being kept for a "rainy day"?

I don't think there is any real"blame" as such here, simply a lack of cash and the ability to plan for the long term. A look at the Board of Directors tells you that they are a mixture of "worthy" businessmen who, in the main have their own business problems to look after, the CEO has yet to convince anyone that he can make a silk purse from the proverbial sow's ear and indeed the Summer season ticket promotion, his major contribution to date, looks, to me at least, to have been a major and expensive mistake. Did it actually generate more money pre-season? How many of the final total were kids £10 tickets, how many were totally new sales?

How is the Gold Bond progressing Russ? It used to be a backbone of the club's fundraising but I understand that rounds haven't been canvassed for new customers for years and that one of the guys who runs it has been made redundant after 10 years... kept that quiet didn't you?

If there is a master plan, this would be a good time to let the fans that are left in on the secret. If there isn't and we are just limping from season to season with an ever poorer squad and fewer and fewer people attending then perhaps its time for some difficult decisions to be made before circumstances make them for us.
Keith Hill lovers on 14:44 - Jan 2 with 1925 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill lovers on 14:30 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

It has crossed my mind ,let’s face it how many of our players been sold off for “undisclosed fees” you would have to be very naive for it not to have crossed your mind in fairness. It’s been mentioned on the fans Facebook page in the past aswell as on here.

While certain people insinuate members of the club "cream" money out off the club,lets not forget many of these same people have and still do pump a lot of their own time and money into the club.....
Keith Hill lovers on 14:52 - Jan 2 with 1897 views100notout

Ir really pi$$es me off these people who drop hints that they have "inside" information or "from a good source".

e.g. (paraphrasing) "from what I heard last night the directors might not be here in the summer". Either tell the full story (probably not a good idea) or shut the fook up

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Keith Hill lovers on 15:10 - Jan 2 with 1817 viewsinthenet

Keith Hill lovers on 12:37 - Jan 2 by Iknoweverything

Nobody has said they are satisfied with dross. Exception was taken to you suggesting that the directors were creaming money off the top of transfer fees.

Where did I say that ??? No one works for nothing its how much you take could be questionable (and the people at the top may take peanuts I don't know ?) None of us do ,so its about time we were told how these so called millions have been used.

Rastrickblue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024