Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) 21:06 - Dec 28 with 4503 viewsYouTubeDale

And the nominees are :-

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 21:19 - Dec 28 with 3435 viewsYouTubeDale

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 00:23 - Dec 29 with 3318 viewsShun

If both aren’t in every Dale fan’s top 10 footballing moments I’ll be surprised.
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 00:32 - Dec 29 with 3314 viewsJames1980

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 00:23 - Dec 29 by Shun

If both aren’t in every Dale fan’s top 10 footballing moments I’ll be surprised.

How about pretty much sending Bury down at Gigg Lane?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 01:26 - Dec 29 with 3283 viewsShun

Outside of Dale, 2018 held my favourite ever World Cup. Our unexpected success coupled with a summer heatwave combined to create a state of drunken elysium and it was just beautiful.

From a personal point of view 2018’s been a year of immense pride for me, as I completed my Masters degree with distinction and learnt my dissertation is to be published, and I started a new job that I adore. Also I read a really good book over summer.
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 01:38 - Dec 29 with 3278 viewsrochdale_ranger

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 01:26 - Dec 29 by Shun

Outside of Dale, 2018 held my favourite ever World Cup. Our unexpected success coupled with a summer heatwave combined to create a state of drunken elysium and it was just beautiful.

From a personal point of view 2018’s been a year of immense pride for me, as I completed my Masters degree with distinction and learnt my dissertation is to be published, and I started a new job that I adore. Also I read a really good book over summer.

Very well done and what was the book?
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 02:56 - Dec 29 with 3244 viewsShun

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 01:38 - Dec 29 by rochdale_ranger

Very well done and what was the book?

Thanks ranger. It was Circe by Madeline Miller, Greek mythology if you’re into that sort of thing!
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 03:17 - Dec 29 with 3236 viewsrochdale_ranger

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 02:56 - Dec 29 by Shun

Thanks ranger. It was Circe by Madeline Miller, Greek mythology if you’re into that sort of thing!

Can’t say I am I’ve been to a couple of the Greek islands and done day trips to various points of interest surrounding Greek mythology but I would have to say I’m pretty ignorant on the subject. Although I am quite keen to get hold of a book called maps of meaning, the premise of the book is that all of the religious and mythical stories and fables throughout time have all been pretty similar and how they can help us make sense of the world as it is today.
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) (n/t) on 08:19 - Dec 29 with 3138 viewskiwidale

Very impressive Shun what did you major in?... are you considering going for a doctorate.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 8:25]

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 08:25 - Dec 29 with 3127 viewsD_Alien

That's great! I love to hear about people achieving success and personal fulfillment, and drunken elysium sounds about right in terms of celebration! And I've no doubt your success is also in the service of others

More power to your elbow, both literally & metaphorically

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 08:25 - Dec 29 with 3126 viewsroccydaleian

Fantastic stuff Shun. Now please tell me your Masters degree is in Sociology.
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 08:41 - Dec 29 with 3099 viewsD_Alien

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 03:17 - Dec 29 by rochdale_ranger

Can’t say I am I’ve been to a couple of the Greek islands and done day trips to various points of interest surrounding Greek mythology but I would have to say I’m pretty ignorant on the subject. Although I am quite keen to get hold of a book called maps of meaning, the premise of the book is that all of the religious and mythical stories and fables throughout time have all been pretty similar and how they can help us make sense of the world as it is today.

Hmm... you'll probably find uncanny similarities in the myths & legends from ancient cultures that just weren't in touch with each other, on different continents and before written texts became available for dissemination

Completely off topic of course, but fascinating nonetheless. There are theories...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 08:53 - Dec 29 with 3075 viewschalky_ncfc

Don't talk to me about this year

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 09:04 - Dec 29 with 3060 viewsDaleiLama

Congrats Shun. Everyone's life should be visited by drunken Elysium at least once and glad it was such a rewarding year for you. You deserve all the good things that come your way after working so hard to achieve your goals.

I have 5 books (pressies) clamouring for my attention - G's autobiography on winning the tdf, Joey Ts Darkness and Light, Mark H's That summer feeling and the Good Beer Guide and Good Food Guide to keep the engine running.

I had another testing year in many regards but within it were lots of very special moments too. Mining for diamonds and found a few.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 09:10 - Dec 29 with 3049 viewsColDale

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 09:04 - Dec 29 by DaleiLama

Congrats Shun. Everyone's life should be visited by drunken Elysium at least once and glad it was such a rewarding year for you. You deserve all the good things that come your way after working so hard to achieve your goals.

I have 5 books (pressies) clamouring for my attention - G's autobiography on winning the tdf, Joey Ts Darkness and Light, Mark H's That summer feeling and the Good Beer Guide and Good Food Guide to keep the engine running.

I had another testing year in many regards but within it were lots of very special moments too. Mining for diamonds and found a few.

surprised there's not been more on here about the Joey T book. Was a cracking read. I don't think anyone could have imagined just what he went through in terms of the isolation etc. The references to Flicker as a manager was an insight too, but felt that may well have just been down to his perspective of it.
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 10:41 - Dec 29 with 2954 viewsrochedale

Edit: was meant to be a direct reply.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 10:42]

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 10:42 - Dec 29 with 2950 viewsrochedale

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 03:17 - Dec 29 by rochdale_ranger

You may find Peter James, Absolute Proof, an interesting read then...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 10:51 - Dec 29 with 2935 viewsjudd

Well done Shun.

My dissertation will still be gathering dust in the university library vaults, if not already shredded!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 11:21 - Dec 29 with 2875 viewsSaxonDale

Congratulations Shun!
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 11:28 - Dec 29 with 2868 viewsShun

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 08:25 - Dec 29 by roccydaleian

Fantastic stuff Shun. Now please tell me your Masters degree is in Sociology.

Ha! Afraid not.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 12:13 - Dec 29 with 2818 viewsChaffRAFC

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 09:10 - Dec 29 by ColDale

surprised there's not been more on here about the Joey T book. Was a cracking read. I don't think anyone could have imagined just what he went through in terms of the isolation etc. The references to Flicker as a manager was an insight too, but felt that may well have just been down to his perspective of it.

The Flicker thing took me by surprise a little and he majorly went down in my estimation reading that.

The book was superb, though the glaring name mistakes did annoy me briefly. 'Kevin' Pilkington turning out for Stockport at Wembley against us and Kevin 'Higgins' being our fitness coach when Joey came back to the club.

Anyway, a brilliantly inspiring book.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 12:15 - Dec 29 with 2810 viewsSaxonDale

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 12:13 - Dec 29 by ChaffRAFC

The Flicker thing took me by surprise a little and he majorly went down in my estimation reading that.

The book was superb, though the glaring name mistakes did annoy me briefly. 'Kevin' Pilkington turning out for Stockport at Wembley against us and Kevin 'Higgins' being our fitness coach when Joey came back to the club.

Anyway, a brilliantly inspiring book.

For someone who hasn’t yet read the book can you give a bit further info about the Flicker stuff please?
Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 12:51 - Dec 29 with 2777 viewsjudd

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 12:15 - Dec 29 by SaxonDale

For someone who hasn’t yet read the book can you give a bit further info about the Flicker stuff please?

Please don't reveal any more of the content. Thanks.

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 13:10 - Dec 29 with 2738 viewsTVOS1907

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 12:51 - Dec 29 by judd

Please don't reveal any more of the content. Thanks.

The butler did it, with the rope in the conservatory.

Or summat like that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 13:16 - Dec 29 with 2728 viewsjudd

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 13:10 - Dec 29 by TVOS1907

The butler did it, with the rope in the conservatory.

Or summat like that.

You bastard.

Best moments of 2018...so far (Bradfut tomorrow) on 13:43 - Dec 29 with 2681 viewsEllDale

I was given Joe's book as a Christmas present and devoured it one go after eating a massive turkey dinner.
Excellent read although, as has been mentioned, Flicker comes across as a pr1ck but only when he was Joe's boss at Bury. He earns praise for his work as Keith's number two.
There's lot's I could say but that would spoil it for those still to read it and I don't want to affect sales!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024