Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a great win 17:18 - Jan 1 with 2545 viewsthis_charming_man

Managed to see the second half and whilst it felt nervy and felt they’d get an inevitable late equalizer from an error spurs threatened little and we defended very well. Amazing turn around, a few weeks ago we looked a certainty to go down. 7 points from 3 really tough games.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

What a great win on 17:27 - Jan 1 with 2077 views1885_SFC

Terrific win. With Villa and Watford both winning, it was important to get something from the game today. I thought a point would be a good day - but to get all three was magnificent from the boys! A well-earned win from hard graft today.

Still unbeaten in 2020 ! ;-)

Old School is Cool

What a great win (n/t) on 17:28 - Jan 1 with 2074 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 22:53]
What a great win on 18:01 - Jan 1 with 2006 viewsRipleys_revenge

How bad was the ref today? Atrocious performance. And if that wasn't a pen for handball there really is no point of VAR
What a great win on 18:16 - Jan 1 with 1951 viewsRonManager

What a great win (n/t) on 17:28 - Jan 1 by DellHero

Capital knockers

I can remember when the internet was all fields

What a great win on 18:41 - Jan 1 with 1881 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, I really enjoyed that. There was something 'old school' about the game. It reminded me of the beginning of the 70s. There was a cold nip in the air, a hint of sea mist, some good old-fashioned defending, midfield battling and a great goal scoring centre forward ensuring a 1-0 win. Along with quite a few others, I stood and applauded the team for quite a long time after the final whistle.

Our young British players, Stephens, Ward-Prowse, Ings etc. just get better with every game. They have a real team spirit. Credit to Ralph and the players themselves for bringing us back from the dead after that Leicester game. For the first time since the 2015/16 season, you expect us to beat the top six sides.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 19:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What a great win on 19:58 - Jan 1 with 1749 viewsDorsetIan

This is even more impressive when you consider we were effectively playing with 10 men for the first hour or so.

I thought Djenepo was absolute garbage. Didn’t win the ball, didn’t chase it down, lost it in dangerous positions on two or three occasions, rarely tried to run with it or take anyone on. For me,he was completely out of his depth and I can’t understand why he got a good reception when he was subbed.

Everyone else was brilliant. Unfortunately, he stood out a mile.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

What a great win on 20:27 - Jan 1 with 1668 viewsAndrewW_London

What a great win on 17:27 - Jan 1 by 1885_SFC

Terrific win. With Villa and Watford both winning, it was important to get something from the game today. I thought a point would be a good day - but to get all three was magnificent from the boys! A well-earned win from hard graft today.

Still unbeaten in 2020 ! ;-)

Yes, a truly massive win. I was also very nervous during the second half. Given our record of throwing away the lead, I feared the worst. But, for once, we held firm, defended really well and have now beaten another so-called top-six side.

Twickenham Saint

What a great win on 20:32 - Jan 1 with 1658 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fantastic performance, wonderful win and a great atmosphere. Ralph has done an incredible job to create this. Absolutely brilliant and happy New Year.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

What a great win on 20:33 - Jan 1 with 1656 viewssaint68

What a great win on 18:41 - Jan 1 by dirk_doone

Yes, I really enjoyed that. There was something 'old school' about the game. It reminded me of the beginning of the 70s. There was a cold nip in the air, a hint of sea mist, some good old-fashioned defending, midfield battling and a great goal scoring centre forward ensuring a 1-0 win. Along with quite a few others, I stood and applauded the team for quite a long time after the final whistle.

Our young British players, Stephens, Ward-Prowse, Ings etc. just get better with every game. They have a real team spirit. Credit to Ralph and the players themselves for bringing us back from the dead after that Leicester game. For the first time since the 2015/16 season, you expect us to beat the top six sides.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 19:24]

I thought we made them look pretty ordinary and the ref was pretty useless at times, support was spot on and what a way to start a new decade (or maybe not in your earlier post)😁👍

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

What a great win on 20:43 - Jan 1 with 1627 viewsdirk_doone

What a great win on 20:33 - Jan 1 by saint68

I thought we made them look pretty ordinary and the ref was pretty useless at times, support was spot on and what a way to start a new decade (or maybe not in your earlier post)😁👍

If it brings results like this, I'd be happy to start the decade every week.

What a great win on 20:48 - Jan 1 with 1610 viewssaint68

What a great win on 20:43 - Jan 1 by dirk_doone

If it brings results like this, I'd be happy to start the decade every week.

👍

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

What a great win on 21:00 - Jan 1 with 1590 viewsIngskneeslide

I hope saint22’s kids were impressed with our defending today. Hopefully we can count on their support for a little longer
What a great win on 22:11 - Jan 1 with 1478 viewsRipleys_revenge

What a great win on 19:58 - Jan 1 by DorsetIan

This is even more impressive when you consider we were effectively playing with 10 men for the first hour or so.

I thought Djenepo was absolute garbage. Didn’t win the ball, didn’t chase it down, lost it in dangerous positions on two or three occasions, rarely tried to run with it or take anyone on. For me,he was completely out of his depth and I can’t understand why he got a good reception when he was subbed.

Agree with this, altough i wouldn't say garbage. He certainly looked like a bit of a liability quite ofte and got quite easily brushed off the ball. He's still very raw and seems to be one of those players that's either on or off, with nothing much in between. Today he was certainly off. A bench player for me at the moment, he can be devastating coming on against tired defenders as we saw against Palace.
What a great win on 22:28 - Jan 1 with 1432 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

What a great win on 19:58 - Jan 1 by DorsetIan

Agreed. He wasn't dreadful, but it just wasn't a match for him as it was a bit of a proper old-school English top flight match from years ago; full throttle, big tackles and everyone busting a gut. To be fair to him it was probably a bit intense and the right sub was made.

This squad is suddenly looking like they care, want to get stuck in and are getting the results, I'm just puzzled as to WTF has changed????

Genuine question that. What has changed to make this team become a team and battle?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

What a great win on 23:10 - Jan 1 with 1383 viewsdirk_doone

What a great win on 22:28 - Jan 1 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. He wasn't dreadful, but it just wasn't a match for him as it was a bit of a proper old-school English top flight match from years ago; full throttle, big tackles and everyone busting a gut. To be fair to him it was probably a bit intense and the right sub was made.

This squad is suddenly looking like they care, want to get stuck in and are getting the results, I'm just puzzled as to WTF has changed????

Genuine question that. What has changed to make this team become a team and battle?

One contributing factor is that Vestergaard was dropped. He was like a wrecking ball to our defence. We lost 5 and drew 1 of his last 6 games. In contrast, we've won 5 and drawn 2 of the 9 games since he was dropped. We are now building our team around a nucleus of rapidly improving young English players, like Ings, Stephens & Ward-Prowse.

What a great win on 00:43 - Jan 2 with 1332 viewsDorsetIan

What a great win on 22:11 - Jan 1 by Ripleys_revenge

Agree with this, altough i wouldn't say garbage. He certainly looked like a bit of a liability quite ofte and got quite easily brushed off the ball. He's still very raw and seems to be one of those players that's either on or off, with nothing much in between. Today he was certainly off. A bench player for me at the moment, he can be devastating coming on against tired defenders as we saw against Palace.

Fair enough, ‚garbage‘ was a bit strong, but he wound me up a treat all game.

When I first saw him in the Köln pre-season he looked very flimsy. All arms and legs and no strength about him. He’s flattered with a couple of goals and the ‚handball‘ set up for Ings, but today he looked completely out of his depth to me.

What a great win on 00:57 - Jan 2 with 1322 viewsDorsetIan

What a great win on 22:28 - Jan 1 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Finding a central defensive partnership in Bedarak-Stephens has allowed us to play a back four, which has freed up another players in midfield/up front, which has enabled us to (a) defend further up the pitch and (b) be more creative in attack.

A pretty settled team has let the players get more comfortable with their roles. Ings‘ goals and wins and generally decent performances all around has built more confidence.

I never thought they didn’t care, they just didn’t quite know what to do, they got frustrated, couldn’t delver and made too many mistakes.

What a great win on 01:23 - Jan 2 with 1314 viewsNYC_Saint

What a great win on 23:10 - Jan 1 by dirk_doone

One contributing factor is that Vestergaard was dropped. He was like a wrecking ball to our defence. We lost 5 and drew 1 of his last 6 games. In contrast, we've won 5 and drawn 2 of the 9 games since he was dropped. We are now building our team around a nucleus of rapidly improving young English players, like Ings, Stephens & Ward-Prowse.

Maybe McCarthy is also more reassuring to play in front of than Gunn was. Gunn looked great when he came into the side but seemed to lose confidence and didn’t really have much presence towards the end of his run as starting keeper.
What a great win on 03:40 - Jan 2 with 1289 viewssaint22

What a great win on 00:43 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

When I first saw him in the Köln pre-season he looked very flimsy. All arms and legs and no strength about him. He’s flattered with a couple of goals and the ‚handball‘ set up for Ings, but today he looked completely out of his depth to me.

I agree too a point he is a bench player I was surprised to see him start
I still think Ralph makes one or two odd choices but at least he has settled on a back 4 and kept it that way which is clearly helping us
Where was boufal?
Be interesting to see the team for the cup game
What a great win on 07:33 - Jan 2 with 1229 views1teeminants

What a great win on 23:10 - Jan 1 by dirk_doone

Armstrong is a major factor too he’s played well, full of energy.. I agree about Vestergaard who I don’t rate at all. Something clearly has been said though to get them all up for it like this .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

What a great win on 07:48 - Jan 2 with 1214 views1teeminants

What a great win on 00:43 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

Whenever he gets the ball you feel something could happen , fans want to see players like Djenepo and Boufal ,exciting players . Ok it doesn’t always come off but he least he has a go and he will get better. To say he’s flattered with a couple of goals is a bit unfair. They were both superb goals one that won goal of the month.

What a great win on 07:58 - Jan 2 with 1197 views10i

What a great way to start the new decade!
5 points clear despite having played two of the top 6 twice already!
What a great win on 09:25 - Jan 2 with 1159 viewsDorsetIan

What a great win on 07:48 - Jan 2 by 1teeminants

Whenever he gets the ball you feel something could happen , fans want to see players like Djenepo and Boufal ,exciting players . Ok it doesn’t always come off but he least he has a go and he will get better. To say he’s flattered with a couple of goals is a bit unfair. They were both superb goals one that won goal of the month.

I too want to see exciting players and I love Boufal and the way he lifted the crowd when he came off the bench this season. Djenepo too against Palace.

And, OK, flattered with two really great goals. We’ve had three mercurial players recently - Lemina, Boufal and Djenepo - and I just find a lot of Djenepo’s play really really disappointing. Much more so than the other two - who could both at least win the ball and hold the ball when under pressure.

What a great win on 09:51 - Jan 2 with 1138 views1teeminants

What a great win on 09:25 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

I too want to see exciting players and I love Boufal and the way he lifted the crowd when he came off the bench this season. Djenepo too against Palace.

And, OK, flattered with two really great goals. We’ve had three mercurial players recently - Lemina, Boufal and Djenepo - and I just find a lot of Djenepo’s play really really disappointing. Much more so than the other two - who could both at least win the ball and hold the ball when under pressure.

I respect your opinion mate and as I said Djenepo has a lot of room for improvement. I went to a party NYE and was chatting to a palace fan who thought Djenepo was superb but yes, yesterday he wasn’t great but give it time and I think we’ll have a really good player here.

What a great win on 12:22 - Jan 2 with 1087 viewsdarthvader

What a great win (n/t) on 17:28 - Jan 1 by DellHero

Sod 7 of 9 ...id be 6-9in that all over the galaxy

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024