Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Days 22:31 - Jan 18 with 6578 viewsSAS

Being over here in Australia and only watching SFC on the box at all sorts of ungodly hours, I am interested to know if anyone knows what the average travelling fan numbers are please.
Away Days on 14:59 - Jan 20 with 1061 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Away Days on 14:48 - Jan 20 by SalisburySaint

i went to that game and there may have been 10-12k pompey there but no way 15K

your away support though resonanable numbers is a bit up and down only 1,180 to Gillingham on New years day a few days after taking 5k to Mk dons and 1800 to Bolton yet only 733 to Accrington

our worst attendances still over 1,000 for every game including 1,200 at Man City twice in a week following our 9-0 hammering form Leicester, our biggest problem is the allocation the club keeps taking eg Chelsea and Leicester which both sold out 34 weeks before game and yet we didn't ask for more tickets

There was 13k that travelled officially, and 2k that made there own way up. Not a big deal, but apparently we don't do northern grounds.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Away Days on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 1060 viewsSalisburySaint

Away Days on 14:59 - Jan 20 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

There was 13k that travelled officially, and 2k that made there own way up. Not a big deal, but apparently we don't do northern grounds.

at the time it was your cup final your biggest game in years, also days before Saints hatred got so bad, i know quite a few Saints fans who went up to the game in the Pompey end

in the same period we took 10k plus to West Brom, and Forest in the cup and regulary took 6 or 7k to away games as Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Fullham, Orient and other away games
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 15:15]
Away Days on 15:27 - Jan 20 with 1037 viewsTimSaint

Away Days on 15:12 - Jan 20 by SalisburySaint

at the time it was your cup final your biggest game in years, also days before Saints hatred got so bad, i know quite a few Saints fans who went up to the game in the Pompey end

in the same period we took 10k plus to West Brom, and Forest in the cup and regulary took 6 or 7k to away games as Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Fullham, Orient and other away games

Exactly this !!

They hadn't played Liverpool at Anfield for more than 20 years, as Pompey had been languishing in the lower leagues. This really was their cup final, but seem to recall they lost 3 or 4-1.

Anyone know how many they took to the likes of Walsall, Fleetwood or Accrington over the last month or so ?

TimSaint

Away Days on 15:28 - Jan 20 with 1027 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

It wasn't even the club's biggest game that year, the club took around 8,000 fans to a L2 ground a few months earlier

Away Days on 15:42 - Jan 20 with 1010 viewshedgeend61

Away Days on 15:27 - Jan 20 by TimSaint

Exactly this !!

They hadn't played Liverpool at Anfield for more than 20 years, as Pompey had been languishing in the lower leagues. This really was their cup final, but seem to recall they lost 3 or 4-1.

Anyone know how many they took to the likes of Walsall, Fleetwood or Accrington over the last month or so ?

Walsall 226 (Micky Mouse Cup)
Fleetwood 525,
Accrington 733.
Away Days on 15:54 - Jan 20 with 995 views1teeminants

Pompey had massive Average crowds of 8000 in the 70,s 80’s but 130 doesn’t like to talk about that .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Away Days on 12:01 - Jan 21 with 895 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Away Days on 15:54 - Jan 20 by 1teeminants

Pompey had massive Average crowds of 8000 in the 70,s 80’s but 130 doesn’t like to talk about that .

Protest years, what is the excuse for your club having such low crowds?

Away Days on 12:05 - Jan 21 with 890 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Brilliant, so as a top flight club you took less than a lower league club to Anfield. We also took 9,000 to Notts county recently as a L2 club, and last year to 6,300 to MK dons, amongst others.

Login to get fewer ads

Away Days on 12:45 - Jan 21 with 880 viewsthis_charming_man

Away Days on 12:01 - Jan 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Protest years, ah of course, it always f*cking is

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Away Days on 13:59 - Jan 21 with 845 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Away Days on 12:45 - Jan 21 by this_charming_man

I thought you'd like that. Remember, we have had worse owners, therefore our protests would have been bigger.

Apparently Soton had some type of protest in 1985 when they couldn't sell out their stadium

Away Days on 14:33 - Jan 21 with 830 viewsthis_charming_man

Away Days on 13:59 - Jan 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I thought you'd like that. Remember, we have had worse owners, therefore our protests would have been bigger.

Apparently Soton had some type of protest in 1985 when they couldn't sell out their stadium

It's funny isnt it, 8,000 in the 80's, that was a protest
1500 at the Checkatrade trophy, that was a protest, apart from the final of course when the protest stopped and you all came out of the woodwork
2,700 at home we blackburn, yep, just that game was a protest too.

Although I've just looked at your attendances, seeing as how between 1970 and 2002 you only managed to get an average attendance of more than 15k three times it looks like you were protesting for all of the 70's, 80's and 90's too!

Away Days on 15:46 - Jan 21 with 796 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Away Days on 14:33 - Jan 21 by this_charming_man

It's funny isnt it, 8,000 in the 80's, that was a protest
1500 at the Checkatrade trophy, that was a protest, apart from the final of course when the protest stopped and you all came out of the woodwork
2,700 at home we blackburn, yep, just that game was a protest too.

Although I've just looked at your attendances, seeing as how between 1970 and 2002 you only managed to get an average attendance of more than 15k three times it looks like you were protesting for all of the 70's, 80's and 90's too!

It’s amazing isn’t it, that as soon as they put a new stand up, the attendances went right up, without any real improvement on the field. Then as soon as they got a decent owner, the attendances went up even further. Kind of shows that what I have said is correct hey?

Away Days on 16:12 - Jan 21 with 792 viewsthis_charming_man

Away Days on 15:46 - Jan 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

It’s amazing isn’t it, that as soon as they put a new stand up, the attendances went right up, without any real improvement on the field. Then as soon as they got a decent owner, the attendances went up even further. Kind of shows that what I have said is correct hey?

What is amazing is that the stands must have only been open for certain games each season, just taking a random look I can see that in 1998 for example, when you averaged 11,970 your biggest attendance was 17,022, or in 1983 when you averaged 14,095, your biggest crowd was 24,354. Were these the games where there weren't protests or when you had good owners or when the figures weren't duped to avoid paying tax? it's impossible to tell.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 16:14]

Away Days on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 772 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Away Days on 16:12 - Jan 21 by this_charming_man

What is amazing is that the stands must have only been open for certain games each season, just taking a random look I can see that in 1998 for example, when you averaged 11,970 your biggest attendance was 17,022, or in 1983 when you averaged 14,095, your biggest crowd was 24,354. Were these the games where there weren't protests or when you had good owners or when the figures weren't duped to avoid paying tax? it's impossible to tell.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 16:14]

The pull of a big visiting team will always bring the punters out, despite how average the home team is. I am sure your attendances are bigger when you play Liverpool or Man Utd rather than Watford. It’s not hard to understand, and yes a lot of the owners in the old days miscounted gates in order to make extra money, and Pompey were certainly one of the worst clubs. Part of the reason the fans kept away was the lack of funding into the team and infrastructure. The old Fratton End was pulled down in 86 and wasn’t replaced for 12 years, and just left as a relic with around 10 steps.

I love it how Soton fans like talking about attendances, and know all the nuances

Away Days on 16:54 - Jan 21 with 764 views1teeminants

Away Days on 12:01 - Jan 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We would never get AVERAGE crowds as low as 8000 and you know it. I guess you’re just not a footballing city .

Away Days on 17:01 - Jan 21 with 749 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Away Days on 16:54 - Jan 21 by 1teeminants

We would never get AVERAGE crowds as low as 8000 and you know it. I guess you’re just not a footballing city .

Soton fans getting excited about attendances

If the owner is cooking the books, then Pompey probably haven't averaged that low you goon. Soton has never been as badly managed as Pompey, but still managed super low attendances figures, the difference being that they never managed huge numbers on the terraces,

Away Days on 17:16 - Jan 21 with 741 viewsthis_charming_man

Away Days on 17:01 - Jan 21 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Soton fans getting excited about attendances

If the owner is cooking the books, then Pompey probably haven't averaged that low you goon. Soton has never been as badly managed as Pompey, but still managed super low attendances figures, the difference being that they never managed huge numbers on the terraces,

So we've got....

Protests
crap stands
crap owners
owners faking the attendances

all to justify why you're attendances have been sh1te for the last 50 years

This is comedy gold, keep them comin'

Away Days on 15:20 - Jan 22 with 679 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Away Days on 17:16 - Jan 21 by this_charming_man

So we've got....

Protests
crap stands
crap owners
owners faking the attendances

all to justify why you're attendances have been sh1te for the last 50 years

This is comedy gold, keep them comin'

Simple questions.

Which club has been run the best over the last 50 years?
Which club went bankrupt the most?
Did Soton ever have it's main stand pulled down and left for 12 years?

Away Days on 15:50 - Jan 22 with 657 viewsChesham_Saint

Was it 7,000 or 8,000 we took to Milan?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Away Days on 16:32 - Jan 22 with 629 views1teeminants

Away Days on 15:20 - Jan 22 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Simple questions.

Which club has been run the best over the last 50 years?
Which club went bankrupt the most?
Did Soton ever have it's main stand pulled down and left for 12 years?

But you and your portsmyth fans like to tell the whole world how passionate you are with fantastic support who would die for their club and stick by them whatever happens in any circumstances..

So it’s all a huge PORTSMYTH yet again , your fans just can’t be arsed yes ?

8000 average

Away Days on 22:17 - Jan 22 with 551 viewsChesham_Saint

Protest years? Two decades worth it seems. What a deluded skate cvnt he is. Where’s Nik Naks when you need a reasonable view on the blue few..?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:30 - Jan 22 with 537 viewsChesham_Saint

Away Days on 02:15 - Jan 23 with 511 viewsTimSaint

Away Days on 22:17 - Jan 22 by Chesham_Saint

Protest years? Two decades worth it seems. What a deluded skate cvnt he is. Where’s Nik Naks when you need a reasonable view on the blue few..?

So it would appear that their biggest following in God knows how many years was at Wembley v Sunderland in the EFL Trophy last season - in a competition they WERE ACTUALLY BOYCOTTING !! How fickle

As he lives abroad, I suppose that explains why 130 claimed he boycotted that final and means he can continue to boycott to his heart's content whilst focusing his wacky agendas on rival mongboards, even when his team is playing !!

TimSaint

Away Days on 06:49 - Jan 23 with 486 viewsMushty

Away Days on 02:15 - Jan 23 by TimSaint

So it would appear that their biggest following in God knows how many years was at Wembley v Sunderland in the EFL Trophy last season - in a competition they WERE ACTUALLY BOYCOTTING !! How fickle

As he lives abroad, I suppose that explains why 130 claimed he boycotted that final and means he can continue to boycott to his heart's content whilst focusing his wacky agendas on rival mongboards, even when his team is playing !!

130 doesn't live abroad, he never goes to games as he never leaves his bedroom.

He just sits there all day bashing away on a rivals messageboard. Lonely, obsessed, deluded.
Away Days on 11:27 - Jan 23 with 449 viewsChesham_Saint

Protest years? Two decades worth it seems. What a deluded skate gimp he is. Where’s Nik when you need a reasonable view on the blue few..?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024