Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5th 21:29 - Jan 21 with 1068 viewsthis_charming_man

If we’d held on against wolves and arsenal we would be fifth tonight, incredible when you think how crap we were 3 months ago.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

5th on 21:38 - Jan 21 with 1032 viewsdirk_doone

5th place and a return to Europe are realistic targets for us now.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

5th on 21:42 - Jan 21 with 998 viewsBicester_North

Have we ever won 5 away in a row in the premier league? If not, Anfield would be a decent place to do it for the first time.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

5th on 21:44 - Jan 21 with 989 viewssaint68

5th on 21:42 - Jan 21 by Bicester_North

Have we ever won 5 away in a row in the premier league? If not, Anfield would be a decent place to do it for the first time.

Haven't checked but I'll take the 3 points from Anfield and verify later😁😁😁👍

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

5th on 21:55 - Jan 21 with 944 viewsdirk_doone

Jeff Stelling just said on Sky Sports News, 'Southampton are just 3 points off a European place now.'

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

5th on 21:56 - Jan 21 with 932 viewssaint68

5th on 21:55 - Jan 21 by dirk_doone

Jeff Stelling just said on Sky Sports News, 'Southampton are just 3 points off a European place now.'

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

5th on 22:22 - Jan 21 with 867 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I would absolutely love it if Saints were the only team to beat Liverpool this season. They've won the league more or less, let's just stop them surviving without defeat. I fancy this team to do it; Mr Enforcer Ward-Prowse will sh*thouse them up. Where's this character come from? As I said before, he's brilliant!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

5th on 22:26 - Jan 21 with 859 viewsBicester_North

5th on 22:22 - Jan 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I would absolutely love it if Saints were the only team to beat Liverpool this season. They've won the league more or less, let's just stop them surviving without defeat. I fancy this team to do it; Mr Enforcer Ward-Prowse will sh*thouse them up. Where's this character come from? As I said before, he's brilliant!

If JWP is at right back for that one I fear Mane will be a much harder proposition than that utter shithouse Zaha

5th on 22:29 - Jan 21 with 852 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

5th on 22:26 - Jan 21 by Bicester_North

If JWP is at right back for that one I fear Mane will be a much harder proposition than that utter shithouse Zaha

Yeah ... I know we're getting carried away, Liverpool are just superb all over, but let's have a go.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

5th on 22:31 - Jan 21 with 843 viewsBicester_North

5th on 22:29 - Jan 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Yeah ... I know we're getting carried away, Liverpool are just superb all over, but let's have a go.

The thing is they haven’t played that well a lot of the time, the rest of the teams have just been inconsistent or shit, but if they come up against a team bang up for it and in form especially away like us, no reason why not. Just hope it’s a level playing field.

5th on 22:48 - Jan 21 with 795 viewshedgeend61

5th on 21:42 - Jan 21 by Bicester_North

Was going to ask the question have we ever won 4 away on the spin in the PL, or even 3?

10/1 to beat the Mickeys, fill yer boots
5th on 22:56 - Jan 21 with 779 viewsOccasional_Showers

A good result is to work hard and keep it tight so as not to lose heavily. Put 10 men behind the ball and go for a 0-0. Can’t see it working though, the gulf between us is massive.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

5th on 23:07 - Jan 21 with 749 viewsBicester_North

5th on 22:48 - Jan 21 by hedgeend61

Was going to ask the question have we ever won 4 away on the spin in the PL, or even 3?

10/1 to beat the Mickeys, fill yer boots

2014/15- Palace, Man United, Newcastle, QPR. Think that’s the only time.

5th on 23:09 - Jan 21 with 744 viewsA1079

5th on 22:31 - Jan 21 by Bicester_North

The thing is they haven’t played that well a lot of the time, the rest of the teams have just been inconsistent or shit, but if they come up against a team bang up for it and in form especially away like us, no reason why not. Just hope it’s a level playing field.

In my opinion Bicester (and I accept I may be alone here,) but the PL is actually not that great this year. Liverpool are so far ahead because the rest of the league from Man City downwards are all inconsistent this year.

It appears that just about every team seems capable of winning a game and having a small run but equally lose when you don't expect them to and have a poor run. The points distribution after Liverpool is much more even, hence why the gap between 7th and 18th is just 10 points. It is similar to that year we finished 8th under Puel. We were still nearer the 3 bottom teams points wise that the teams above us.

For the life of me I could not pick which 3 will go down. Look how Watford have recovered. Who is to say Bournemouth won't now go on a run. If we had lost tonight and then Liverpool we would have been back in the mix. I actually think, you may need more than 40 points to be safe, so that is why, until we are mathematically safe, I won't believe we are - but I admit I am dreadful pessimist when it comes to my team.

But, how Ralph and the team have responded and played since that Leicester game, is simply incomprehensible. Who would have given us a chance before December? Ralph and the team have made what could have been a simply awful season into an exciting one, but I won't count my chickens until the table shows we cannot go down.
5th on 23:12 - Jan 21 with 734 viewsBicester_North

5th on 22:56 - Jan 21 by Occasional_Showers

A good result is to work hard and keep it tight so as not to lose heavily. Put 10 men behind the ball and go for a 0-0. Can’t see it working though, the gulf between us is massive.

Put 10 men behind the ball and probably lose anyway? much rather see us play exactly like the last few away and give them no time to think. Chances are we lose just but would fancy us to score.

5th on 23:15 - Jan 21 with 721 viewsBicester_North

5th on 23:09 - Jan 21 by A1079

In my opinion Bicester (and I accept I may be alone here,) but the PL is actually not that great this year. Liverpool are so far ahead because the rest of the league from Man City downwards are all inconsistent this year.

It appears that just about every team seems capable of winning a game and having a small run but equally lose when you don't expect them to and have a poor run. The points distribution after Liverpool is much more even, hence why the gap between 7th and 18th is just 10 points. It is similar to that year we finished 8th under Puel. We were still nearer the 3 bottom teams points wise that the teams above us.

For the life of me I could not pick which 3 will go down. Look how Watford have recovered. Who is to say Bournemouth won't now go on a run. If we had lost tonight and then Liverpool we would have been back in the mix. I actually think, you may need more than 40 points to be safe, so that is why, until we are mathematically safe, I won't believe we are - but I admit I am dreadful pessimist when it comes to my team.

But, how Ralph and the team have responded and played since that Leicester game, is simply incomprehensible. Who would have given us a chance before December? Ralph and the team have made what could have been a simply awful season into an exciting one, but I won't count my chickens until the table shows we cannot go down.

Agree with that, the horrific first part of the season has actually made it a more exciting season overall, haven’t enjoyed watching Saints this much since Koeman.

5th on 23:17 - Jan 21 with 712 viewshedgeend61

5th on 23:12 - Jan 21 by Bicester_North

Put 10 men behind the ball and probably lose anyway? much rather see us play exactly like the last few away and give them no time to think. Chances are we lose just but would fancy us to score.

Exactly, apart from first game at Burnley, we've scored in every away game.

Have a go, it's a free hit, no one expects us to get anything, what's to lose?
5th on 23:22 - Jan 21 with 702 viewsOccasional_Showers

5th on 23:12 - Jan 21 by Bicester_North

I totally disagree. We need to be testing our progress and sitting back and counter attacking is the way to play away at a top 4 club. If we go there and give them space they'll murder us.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

5th on 23:33 - Jan 21 with 684 viewsBicester_North

5th on 23:22 - Jan 21 by Occasional_Showers

I totally disagree. We need to be testing our progress and sitting back and counter attacking is the way to play away at a top 4 club. If we go there and give them space they'll murder us.

We haven’t been giving teams space when we play away, that’s the point. By pressing up from the front we rush them. Sitting back does the opposite, it gives them space to play.

5th on 07:30 - Jan 22 with 573 viewsSteveMoron

5th on 22:56 - Jan 21 by Occasional_Showers

Directly from the school of Pulis.
5th on 08:49 - Jan 22 with 505 viewssolent_toffee

5th on 23:09 - Jan 21 by A1079

The Premier league is very poor this year, the fact that Saints are now where they are and Everton could have and should have gone 8th last year, (ironically that was the best Everton have played all season last night) when both of them were absolutely wretched about 6-7 weeks ago. All the so called big teams including United, Chelsea, Spurs and maybe even City seem to be in a period of transition or possible transition. Sheffield Utd are bog average (how many of their players would you want at Saints) but have been in the top six all season.

Saints, Everton, Newcastle have all had terrible runs, but never looked like being cut adrift, likewise Villa, Watford, West Ham and Bournemouth have been woeful for long periods but are still in touch with each other.

The “bigggest game of the season” last Sunday was mainly memorable for Roy Keane and Carraspit having a barney and Gary Neville cryarsing about United, again.

Hopefully the relegation battle will stir a bit if interest because the rest of it, including the blatantly dull battle for fourth, isn’t all that Sky will have it cracked up to be.
5th on 14:41 - Jan 22 with 423 viewsdarthvader

5th on 23:07 - Jan 21 by Bicester_North

2014/15- Palace, Man United, Newcastle, QPR. Think that’s the only time.

Didn't we also beat Ipswich away in that run between man u and Newcastle , in fa cup. ? If so it's five competitive away games

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024