Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Citeh ... Sorry blue 18:48 - Feb 14 with 2246 viewsdarthvader

'Man City banned from Europe for two years'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11934152

keep the faith coyr

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 18:52 - Feb 14 with 1856 viewssolent_toffee

Liverpool to get two places. Probably.
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:02 - Feb 14 with 1832 viewsBLEEDRED

They will win on appeal
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:13 - Feb 14 with 1814 viewsPatfromPoole

But if they don’t win on appeal, could this create another European place for a team finishing 8th in the Prem??

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:15 - Feb 14 with 1813 viewsTheMoog

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:13 - Feb 14 by PatfromPoole

But if they don’t win on appeal, could this create another European place for a team finishing 8th in the Prem??

Something to give the Arsenal fans to aim for.

Standby to standby

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 20:32 - Feb 14 with 1722 viewsIngskneeslide

Fantastic news! Hope the other big clubs get done over at some point too. Any City fan who didn’t think could happen is an absolute mug. No sympathy whatsoever
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 21:34 - Feb 14 with 1666 viewsdarthvader

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 18:52 - Feb 14 by solent_toffee

Excellent post and yes it wouldnt surprise me

keep the faith coyr

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 23:03 - Feb 14 with 1601 viewsBlue

Not @rsed in the slightest.

Never liked the competition even before we started to qualify for it. It's nice to visit stadia and cities I might not otherwise get to sometimes, though.

Let's hope no other clubs try to gatecrash the cartel though eh? Can't be having these cheeky upstarts upsetting the 'established elite' now, can we?

I hope City take UEFA to the cleaners over this, expose them for the corrupt body they really are, and that everybody knows they are.

FFP wasn't brought in to protect clubs from oblivion, it was brought in to stop clubs reaching the pinnacle of the sport, and staying there. The 'elite' don't like gatecrashers, taking THEIR money.

No surprise that liverpool, united, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have been the driving forces behind this. UEFA are sh1t scared of a breakaway European 'Super League'.

Still stood in the Kippax

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 23:04 - Feb 14 with 1600 viewsBlue

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 20:32 - Feb 14 by Ingskneeslide

Fantastic news! Hope the other big clubs get done over at some point too. Any City fan who didn’t think could happen is an absolute mug. No sympathy whatsoever

Why is it fantastic news?

Genuinely interested in what you think is good about it.

Login to get fewer ads

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 23:05 - Feb 14 with 1599 viewsBlue

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:13 - Feb 14 by PatfromPoole

Brilliant, Sir

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 23:05 - Feb 14 with 1598 viewsBlue

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 18:52 - Feb 14 by solent_toffee

Also fantastic

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 00:17 - Feb 15 with 1556 viewsDorsetIan

A word of warning. City’s crime was overstating the value of a sponsorship deal.

Ring any bells LD Sports fans?....

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 06:48 - Feb 15 with 1503 viewsCity_boy

This has been on cards for quite a while and no surprise. City artificially inflated the value of their sponsorship deal, to well over £200m+., and they are not alone. A number of clubs were cited back in 2011.

I really can't see them winning any appeal as they were warned for years, although the appeal would be with CAS - Not Uefa.

It will also add to whether Pep stays or not now as well. It could leave the door open for Mourinho when he gets sacked at Spurs ! :)
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 08:40 - Feb 15 with 1444 viewsHeisenberg

If it happened to Liverpool it would be the beginning of a long 'Justice for the People's Club' campaign. Probably warrant some sort of Scouse Aid event.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 09:01 - Feb 15 with 1426 viewsthis_charming_man

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 08:40 - Feb 15 by Heisenberg

If it happened to Liverpool it would be the beginning of a long 'Justice for the People's Club' campaign. Probably warrant some sort of Scouse Aid event.

Liverpool managed to get every English club banned from Europe, once again proving how superior they are

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 09:08 - Feb 15 with 1418 viewssolent_toffee

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 09:01 - Feb 15 by this_charming_man

Liverpool managed to get every English club banned from Europe, once again proving how superior they are

And when they did come back a few years later, their drubbing of some part time postman was shown live on national telly banging on about those famous European nights.

FC Dignity and Class rammed down everyone’s throat without a hint of irony or awareness.
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 10:19 - Feb 15 with 1379 viewsIngskneeslide

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 23:04 - Feb 14 by Blue

Why is it fantastic news?

Genuinely interested in what you think is good about it.

Two reasons:

1. The big clubs are ludicrously dominant as it is, so anything that clips their wings and creates some semblance of sanity in how the game is governed can only be a good thing, especially if you support a club that has won 1 FL trophy in their lifetime like me.

2. City will naturally fight the decision which I hope will expose the corruption in football's governing bodies and the activities of other elite clubs who are almost certainly up to the same thing.

You said yourself you're not arsed about the CL anyway and obviously come from a pre-Mansoor age so hopefully you can appreciate how fans from outside of the top 6 are sick to death of the big clubs taking the pi$$ out of our game. It's a bit harsh on City fans to be properly done over with this sort of ban first, but ultimately my interest is in the football model we have to put with now crashing and burning as soon as possible. If this speeds up that process then I'm all for it. Then again, to say you've had a good decade would be an understatement, so I don't have a huge amount of sympathy when in the same period more league clubs have been going out of existence than ever before.

#againstmodernfootball
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 10:34 - Feb 15 with 1362 viewsthis_charming_man

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 10:19 - Feb 15 by Ingskneeslide

Two reasons:

1. The big clubs are ludicrously dominant as it is, so anything that clips their wings and creates some semblance of sanity in how the game is governed can only be a good thing, especially if you support a club that has won 1 FL trophy in their lifetime like me.

2. City will naturally fight the decision which I hope will expose the corruption in football's governing bodies and the activities of other elite clubs who are almost certainly up to the same thing.

You said yourself you're not arsed about the CL anyway and obviously come from a pre-Mansoor age so hopefully you can appreciate how fans from outside of the top 6 are sick to death of the big clubs taking the pi$$ out of our game. It's a bit harsh on City fans to be properly done over with this sort of ban first, but ultimately my interest is in the football model we have to put with now crashing and burning as soon as possible. If this speeds up that process then I'm all for it. Then again, to say you've had a good decade would be an understatement, so I don't have a huge amount of sympathy when in the same period more league clubs have been going out of existence than ever before.

#againstmodernfootball

Nods in agreement

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 18:24 - Feb 15 with 1267 viewsBlue

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 10:19 - Feb 15 by Ingskneeslide

Two reasons:

#againstmodernfootball

If you think City getting a champions league ban will in any way benefit clubs of the stature of Southampton (and indeed what City were), then I feel you are badly misguided.

Your second point is interesting. Funny how PSG had a similar charge which they weasled out of, despite a highly dubious 100m euro a season sponsorship from Qatar Tourism, which an independent body valued at less than a tenth of that amount. That was then overturned by a single person at UEFA, amid many protests from other members of staff there.
Of course it was a massive shock to then find PSG have a member of the board at UEFA.

I think it's obvious UEFA are corrupt, and I hope City expose them for the closed-shop cartel they really are. I'm in no way saying City are guilt-free, just that we are quite clearly being made an example of, and it's the historically successful clubs (liverpool, united, munich, r.madrid) that are the driving forces behind all of this. They really don't like that City have gatecrashed their party.

Your last sentence is quite interesting, FFP wasn't introduced to stop the likes of Bury and Bolton happening again, it was brought in as a glass ceiling to stop any other club getting to the top.

One last thing, Ceferin, UEFA president, asked for meetings last month with City, he was a guest of the club for two days, and attended a match. During these meetings, Ceferin asked City to plead to a lesser infringement, in order to receive only a fine. City said no.
Manchester City seem absolutely confident they will overturn this ban, I hope they do, I hope they ruin FFP, and I hope they expose UEFA's lies and corruption.

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:12 - Feb 15 with 1236 viewsIngskneeslide

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 18:24 - Feb 15 by Blue

If you think City getting a champions league ban will in any way benefit clubs of the stature of Southampton (and indeed what City were), then I feel you are badly misguided.

Your second point is interesting. Funny how PSG had a similar charge which they weasled out of, despite a highly dubious 100m euro a season sponsorship from Qatar Tourism, which an independent body valued at less than a tenth of that amount. That was then overturned by a single person at UEFA, amid many protests from other members of staff there.
Of course it was a massive shock to then find PSG have a member of the board at UEFA.

I think it's obvious UEFA are corrupt, and I hope City expose them for the closed-shop cartel they really are. I'm in no way saying City are guilt-free, just that we are quite clearly being made an example of, and it's the historically successful clubs (liverpool, united, munich, r.madrid) that are the driving forces behind all of this. They really don't like that City have gatecrashed their party.

Your last sentence is quite interesting, FFP wasn't introduced to stop the likes of Bury and Bolton happening again, it was brought in as a glass ceiling to stop any other club getting to the top.

One last thing, Ceferin, UEFA president, asked for meetings last month with City, he was a guest of the club for two days, and attended a match. During these meetings, Ceferin asked City to plead to a lesser infringement, in order to receive only a fine. City said no.
Manchester City seem absolutely confident they will overturn this ban, I hope they do, I hope they ruin FFP, and I hope they expose UEFA's lies and corruption.

I’m not really imaging any of this will benefit Saints or any other team below City’s level. That’s my point, this whole episode shows how rotten the game is now. All I want is it for precipitate the downfall of modern football and an end to the obscene wealth divide in the game. That’s not a naive hope is it? 😉

City have almost certainly been ‘victims’ of UEFA’s hypocrisy and corruption, but I think you’ll struggle to find much sympathy outside of Manchester and certainly not from fans lower down the football ladder.
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:52 - Feb 15 with 1211 viewsKennington

The whole City setup looked dodgy to the outsider, with at one time all the major sponsors other than Nike seemingly UAE related. Fully appreciate our current sponsor is far more weird than Etihad Airways, but assume it’s too small for UEFA to bother with. If they lose the appeal then they’ll still have got off lightly, just look at the punishment Saracens have been given in the rugby.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 19:53]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 20:15 - Feb 15 with 1188 viewsBlue

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8005751/Financial-Fair-Play-U

Excellent article from Martin Samuel here.

One of a select few journo's that actually tells it as it is, with no bias.

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 20:17 - Feb 15 with 1186 viewsBlue

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 19:52 - Feb 15 by Kennington

The whole City setup looked dodgy to the outsider, with at one time all the major sponsors other than Nike seemingly UAE related. Fully appreciate our current sponsor is far more weird than Etihad Airways, but assume it’s too small for UEFA to bother with. If they lose the appeal then they’ll still have got off lightly, just look at the punishment Saracens have been given in the rugby.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 19:53]

Influential middle-eastern, incredibly rich football owner in using his business contacts for mutual benefit shocker.

He's made his investment back 2-3 times over already. Wish I had his financial acumen.

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 21:15 - Feb 15 with 1158 viewsthis_charming_man

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 20:15 - Feb 15 by Blue

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8005751/Financial-Fair-Play-U

Excellent article from Martin Samuel here.

One of a select few journo's that actually tells it as it is, with no bias.

That’s a very good article and sums its up. City are the fall guys in a corrupt organisation. And yes financial fair play is a load of bollox, just there to stop other clubs breaking into the elite. As Samuel says how can man united with hundreds of millions of debt be acting financially fairly?

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 998 viewsMessysaints

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 21:15 - Feb 15 by this_charming_man

That’s a very good article and sums its up. City are the fall guys in a corrupt organisation. And yes financial fair play is a load of bollox, just there to stop other clubs breaking into the elite. As Samuel says how can man united with hundreds of millions of debt be acting financially fairly?

Because they pay the bills and missing out on champions league football for the biggest fan Base in the world and the biggest sponsorship deals in the world is no big deal ( an example of the power the big elite clubs have). United are to big to fall......
Citeh ... Sorry blue on 07:32 - Feb 18 with 933 viewssolent_toffee

Citeh ... Sorry blue on 17:53 - Feb 17 by Messysaints

Because they pay the bills and missing out on champions league football for the biggest fan Base in the world and the biggest sponsorship deals in the world is no big deal ( an example of the power the big elite clubs have). United are to big to fall......

It is disgusting how City have still got an appeal process to go through, yet the media have dismissed it and have started getting all giddy for the race for fifth place, with their darlings United in the hunt for it.

Sky won’t be happy until their two darlings are battling out for the top two places every year with every pub from Newquay to Margate to Carlisle and Berwick packed out with telly clappers whilst the rest of us make up the numbers paying an absolute fortune for the pleasure of having fixtures moved to a Monday night or a Saturday lunchtime. Football is ruined, it’s not for people on this board, it’s for replica clad telly clapping whoppers from the Home Counties, ‘fans’ is the Far East etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024