Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin 08:08 - Feb 17 with 6734 viewsBuggalugs

https://talksport.com/football/669921/charlie-austin-foul-mouthed-social-media-r

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Charlie Austin on 08:37 - Feb 17 with 4214 viewsdarthvader

WAC

keep the faith coyr

Charlie Austin on 09:18 - Feb 17 with 4182 viewsNumber_58

Whatever anyone thinks about Austin he's spot on about our dreadful support. It was like a morgue again on Saturday. Blame the weather, blame the early ko, blame the Premier League, blame the central defenders, blame who you like, but how much effort does it take to open your mouth and sing a song when your team are struggling and desperately need some backing?
Charlie Austin on 09:59 - Feb 17 with 4149 viewsgrumpy

Charlie Austin on 09:18 - Feb 17 by Number_58

Whatever anyone thinks about Austin he's spot on about our dreadful support. It was like a morgue again on Saturday. Blame the weather, blame the early ko, blame the Premier League, blame the central defenders, blame who you like, but how much effort does it take to open your mouth and sing a song when your team are struggling and desperately need some backing?

I don't think our support is dreadful.
Away from Home its been brilliant.
How many home games have we lost this season,to blame the fans for that is wrong.
People know my thoughts about the set up at St Mary's but that another issue.
Charlie Austin on 10:12 - Feb 17 with 4134 viewsSonicBoom

I think the issue that Charlie Austin is a very lucky man. He isn't actually up to doing the job he's paid to do. When was the last time he played a full season?
He can finish I'll give him that, but mostly he gets 50k a week to sit on a bench and occasionally play for a few minutes.
It winds up fans to see him sneering at the people who were paying his wages.

Oh and at West Brom yesterday - he was an unused sub. What a surprise.
Charlie Austin on 10:12 - Feb 17 with 4136 viewsTripleNiemi

Charlie Austin on 09:18 - Feb 17 by Number_58

58 - it's been poor for a long time now. Even the more vociferous areas (such as the Northam) have become deathly silent.

Whilst it is easy to slate kick off times, TV, sky etc etc, i think that some of this has to do with a complete bout of apathy surrounding everything at Saints. If the club are 'meh' then you must expect some of that to rub off.

Perhaps it was shīte even in the good times but i was too drunk to notice??

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Charlie Austin on 10:24 - Feb 17 with 4117 viewsgrumpy

There does seem a lack of character from the side at the moment,that can often rub off on the fans.
Charlie Austin on 10:38 - Feb 17 with 4105 viewsNumber_58

Charlie Austin on 09:59 - Feb 17 by grumpy

I don't think our support is dreadful.
Away from Home its been brilliant.
How many home games have we lost this season,to blame the fans for that is wrong.
People know my thoughts about the set up at St Mary's but that another issue.

Ok, I should've specified 'home' support. It's been pretty poor for a few years now but these past couple of seasons for the vast majority of games it's been abysmal. When the team really needs the support of the fans all we get is silence. Some of us do our best to sing and shout as loud as we can but generally all we get are glares of indignation from the dummies sat all around us. As I said, how hard is it to open your mouth to chant even the most basic football song? A mate of mine went to a game at SM recently as a neutral and, without any bias at all, said that it was the worst atmosphere he'd ever experienced at a premier league match. He was amazed how quiet our fans were, but what really astonished him was the fact that people were pouring out of the ground with a few minutes to go when we were only a goal behind and had a real chance of salvaging something from the game. A backdrop of swathes of empty seats and people swarming to the exits is hardly the ideal backdrop for a rousing late rally, is it? Players constantly talk about the fans being their 12th man, driving them forwards, pulling them them through when their backs are against the wall. How many times can you honestly say that has happened at St Mary's? So I'm sorry to disagree, but I do think this apathy from the fans is partly to blame for the poor home form.
Charlie Austin on 11:23 - Feb 17 with 4059 viewsgrumpy

Charlie Austin on 10:38 - Feb 17 by Number_58

Ok, I should've specified 'home' support. It's been pretty poor for a few years now but these past couple of seasons for the vast majority of games it's been abysmal. When the team really needs the support of the fans all we get is silence. Some of us do our best to sing and shout as loud as we can but generally all we get are glares of indignation from the dummies sat all around us. As I said, how hard is it to open your mouth to chant even the most basic football song? A mate of mine went to a game at SM recently as a neutral and, without any bias at all, said that it was the worst atmosphere he'd ever experienced at a premier league match. He was amazed how quiet our fans were, but what really astonished him was the fact that people were pouring out of the ground with a few minutes to go when we were only a goal behind and had a real chance of salvaging something from the game. A backdrop of swathes of empty seats and people swarming to the exits is hardly the ideal backdrop for a rousing late rally, is it? Players constantly talk about the fans being their 12th man, driving them forwards, pulling them them through when their backs are against the wall. How many times can you honestly say that has happened at St Mary's? So I'm sorry to disagree, but I do think this apathy from the fans is partly to blame for the poor home form.

Some good points there 58.
Why people(I wont call them fans) leave so early is beyond me.
You have to ask why away support is so much better?I think most would agree is that these are some of the most loyal and passionate fans we have.
We need to congregate these fans in one place and the atmosphere would be contagious.Build it and they will come comes to mind because it will attract a certain type of fan that would ignite the rest.
St.Mary's in the Premiership seems a different place when we are in the lower division,that's because the fans turning up to these games are true fans not Premiership only fans.
I like the manager even tho he makes some strange decisions,he has passion but the owners on the other hand..........
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 11:26]
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on 12:55 - Feb 17 with 3982 viewsSaintNick

The away support is fantastic, some of the home support is too, but the truth is we need to take a long hard look at ourselves and try and see us as others do at the moment, whenever there is an excuse to miss a game a large selection of our support take the opportunity to miss it as on saturday with 6,000 empty seats

Yes you can always find an excuse not to go, but truth is Pompey down the road had similar weather yet they had their average attendance for the season turn up.

We have to get a siege mentality I have been saying this for the last six years, since 2014 we go into meltdown every summer and during the season as well and we have talked ourselves into a negative attitude.

Saints have done superbly of late after the debacle against Leicester, but still there is a negative attitude, you either support a club or you don't

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Charlie Austin on 13:13 - Feb 17 with 3960 viewsthis_charming_man

Charlie Austin on 12:55 - Feb 17 by SaintNick

The away support is fantastic, some of the home support is too, but the truth is we need to take a long hard look at ourselves and try and see us as others do at the moment, whenever there is an excuse to miss a game a large selection of our support take the opportunity to miss it as on saturday with 6,000 empty seats

Yes you can always find an excuse not to go, but truth is Pompey down the road had similar weather yet they had their average attendance for the season turn up.

We have to get a siege mentality I have been saying this for the last six years, since 2014 we go into meltdown every summer and during the season as well and we have talked ourselves into a negative attitude.

Saints have done superbly of late after the debacle against Leicester, but still there is a negative attitude, you either support a club or you don't

second time you've mentioned Pompey in a week as a fanbase we should aspire to be like.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Charlie Austin on 13:16 - Feb 17 with 3955 viewsButty101

Charlie Austin on 13:13 - Feb 17 by this_charming_man

second time you've mentioned Pompey in a week as a fanbase we should aspire to be like.

~Clickbait

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Charlie Austin on 13:20 - Feb 17 with 3949 viewsSaintsforeverj

Not as simple as that Nick. I agree that we have a section of support who don't turn up when it rains and who just sit there. This I don't like too. But there is a general negativity (a sense of pointlessness) and in my view understandably so about our owner. Even the Northam is quiet. It's the never getting anywhere. It's the boring PL. It's the same defensive errors not being addressed year after year. You can't just dismiss these points and pretend they are not issues to be addressed.

Pompey are on the up. If Pompey had a terrible owner, the fans wouldn't be there. Are you saying that the Blackpool fans were wrong for staying away for example?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Charlie Austin on 13:28 - Feb 17 with 3929 viewssaint22

The negative attitude comes from watching the same results caused by the same problems game after game and being promised that we will strengthen replace and resolve or defensive issues yet in January we let Yosh and Cedric go
You cant expect us fans to keep forking out cash to watch the same sh1te
Yes we picked up since the debacle of 0-9 but we have not solved the issues that cost us against everton wolves burnley at home and until we do (and Ralph doesn't replace arguably our best defender with easily our worst) what are the fans meant to do, be content?
Charlie Austin on 14:53 - Feb 17 with 3855 viewsTripleNiemi

If only we could attract the same 'home' supporters week in, week as we had for the Norwich game in December. I have to say that with such a low turnout that night, i think those in attendance were absolutely fantastic. We all pulled together, and i felt this was one of the reasons that we got the crucial result required.

Personally Norwich home was how it should be. Lower turnout, but a hardcore 'supportive' element of fanbase. Just my opinion mind.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Charlie Austin on 14:57 - Feb 17 with 3850 viewsNumber_58

I agree that some of our home support is fantastic, but sadly it is only a comparatively small number who actively get behind the team at the best of times, and even fewer when things aren't going well on the pitch. As stated, the vast majority just sit there in total silence. I get everything people have said about useless owners, lazy players, poor signings, Jack Stephens (sorry Nick), etc, etc but how the f*ck is that an excuse for not encouraging the team when they need the vocal support the most? If people really feel aggrieved, why even bother going in the first place. Or better still, if you feel that strongly why not organise a demo or something. It was ironic you ended by mentioning the Leicester debacle, arguably the best atmosphere this season came during that match after half the stadium had pis*ed off home.
Charlie Austin on 15:16 - Feb 17 with 3830 viewsSonicBoom

Isn't it the same everywhere in the PL now?
I've been away with Saints many times, everywhere from Brighton to Newcastle, Norwich to Swansea and home fans are generally quiet.
The bigger the stadium the worse it gets. You go to Arsenal, United, City or even dare I say Liverpool and there are times you can hear the players shouting.

I just think it's money. When it was a few quid people went to the pub and were generally more rowdy. Now the price of the tickets, means many people either can't afford those pre match beers, or it just attracts a different class of fan. One that wants to be entertained for their money rather than singing the songs and joining in.
My (long winded) point being it's not Saints fans that are crap. All fans are now apart from the harder core away variety.
Charlie Austin on 15:32 - Feb 17 with 3821 viewsSaintsforeverj

Charlie Austin on 15:16 - Feb 17 by SonicBoom

Isn't it the same everywhere in the PL now?
I've been away with Saints many times, everywhere from Brighton to Newcastle, Norwich to Swansea and home fans are generally quiet.
The bigger the stadium the worse it gets. You go to Arsenal, United, City or even dare I say Liverpool and there are times you can hear the players shouting.

I just think it's money. When it was a few quid people went to the pub and were generally more rowdy. Now the price of the tickets, means many people either can't afford those pre match beers, or it just attracts a different class of fan. One that wants to be entertained for their money rather than singing the songs and joining in.
My (long winded) point being it's not Saints fans that are crap. All fans are now apart from the harder core away variety.

Agree with this. Tickets are too expensive for the so called singers. You are getting a lot of "prawn sandwich" eating people who just sit there in silence. It's true that it's the same at other PL grounds. And everything else doesn't help:
Not allowed to chant certain things or you get thrown out.
Very rarely winning at home.
The boring PL - team like Saints don't ever get anywhere.
Players having a winter break, only to come back more tired than they were before. Pictures in the papersof players drinking in bars for their break!
As for Saints, watching us concede stupid goals for about the 150th time without it being addressed!

What can we say. All very well people saying forget all this and support the team, but it's unrealistic. People know all the points above and therefore the atmosphere is rubbish and like you say not just at Saints.

Why not reduce the prices, buy a decent centre back and make the fans feel cared about? Why not try that?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:34]

Charlie Austin on 16:18 - Feb 17 with 3791 viewsNumber_58

Charlie Austin on 15:32 - Feb 17 by Saintsforeverj

Agree with this. Tickets are too expensive for the so called singers. You are getting a lot of "prawn sandwich" eating people who just sit there in silence. It's true that it's the same at other PL grounds. And everything else doesn't help:
Not allowed to chant certain things or you get thrown out.
Very rarely winning at home.
The boring PL - team like Saints don't ever get anywhere.
Players having a winter break, only to come back more tired than they were before. Pictures in the papersof players drinking in bars for their break!
As for Saints, watching us concede stupid goals for about the 150th time without it being addressed!

What can we say. All very well people saying forget all this and support the team, but it's unrealistic. People know all the points above and therefore the atmosphere is rubbish and like you say not just at Saints.

Why not reduce the prices, buy a decent centre back and make the fans feel cared about? Why not try that?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:34]

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but most of that is wrong. Tickets were dirt cheap for the Spurs cup tie and we couldn't even shift them to 'singers' or non-singers. Saints have arguably got less corporate fans than anyone else - the club have been desperately trying - and failing - to fill their corporate areas for years. Just because it's like a morgue everywhere else (and I'm not sure that's completely true anyway), why do we have to be the same? What are the chants you get chucked out for singing? I would argue that if the fans made more noise and created a better atmosphere then it would actually attract more fans to the games. Like I've said, if fans aren't happy, don't go, I've genuinely not got a problem with that. But if you do go, at least get behind the team and don't just sit there like a mannequin.
Charlie Austin on 16:25 - Feb 17 with 3775 viewsSaintsforeverj

Charlie Austin on 16:18 - Feb 17 by Number_58

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but most of that is wrong. Tickets were dirt cheap for the Spurs cup tie and we couldn't even shift them to 'singers' or non-singers. Saints have arguably got less corporate fans than anyone else - the club have been desperately trying - and failing - to fill their corporate areas for years. Just because it's like a morgue everywhere else (and I'm not sure that's completely true anyway), why do we have to be the same? What are the chants you get chucked out for singing? I would argue that if the fans made more noise and created a better atmosphere then it would actually attract more fans to the games. Like I've said, if fans aren't happy, don't go, I've genuinely not got a problem with that. But if you do go, at least get behind the team and don't just sit there like a mannequin.

It's very quiet at most other PL grounds. There were many empty seats at library emirates yesterday. This is because Arsenal are "only" 10th. So can I ask you what your reasons are then for the atmosphere being so rubbish? We just have terrible fans - no other reasons?

And you expect our fans to sing and cheer another defeat as a result of terrible defending? And before you say, I go to the games and I do sing but I'm surrounded by people who just sit there. It wasn't like this though at The Dell. I know many singers who don't go anymore for various reasons but mostly prices and not feeling cared about.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 16:31]

Charlie Austin on 16:39 - Feb 17 with 3757 viewsNumber_58

Charlie Austin on 16:25 - Feb 17 by Saintsforeverj

It's very quiet at most other PL grounds. There were many empty seats at library emirates yesterday. This is because Arsenal are "only" 10th. So can I ask you what your reasons are then for the atmosphere being so rubbish? We just have terrible fans - no other reasons?

And you expect our fans to sing and cheer another defeat as a result of terrible defending? And before you say, I go to the games and I do sing but I'm surrounded by people who just sit there. It wasn't like this though at The Dell. I know many singers who don't go anymore for various reasons but mostly prices and not feeling cared about.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 16:31]

"not feeling cared about"? Jesus Christ!
Charlie Austin on 16:42 - Feb 17 with 3750 viewsSaintsforeverj

Charlie Austin on 16:39 - Feb 17 by Number_58

"not feeling cared about"? Jesus Christ!

I. E low away allocations £50 for a ticket for top games, not being allowed in the pre match bar unless you pay 110 pound membership fee, 12:30 kick offs. But if you like I will just say that none of this matters to people.

OK, we just have terrible support who never sing and don't go because our support total cr@p. There are absolutely no reasons at all for this, just a breed of terrible fans. There we are, I agree. Is this what you think is the case, that our fans are total rubbish without any reasons whatsoever?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 16:58]

Charlie Austin on 17:48 - Feb 17 with 3668 viewsBicester_North

Charlie Austin on 16:42 - Feb 17 by Saintsforeverj

I. E low away allocations £50 for a ticket for top games, not being allowed in the pre match bar unless you pay 110 pound membership fee, 12:30 kick offs. But if you like I will just say that none of this matters to people.

OK, we just have terrible support who never sing and don't go because our support total cr@p. There are absolutely no reasons at all for this, just a breed of terrible fans. There we are, I agree. Is this what you think is the case, that our fans are total rubbish without any reasons whatsoever?

The fact is Saints have never had a great, loud fan base as it just isn’t a massive football hotbed. However, the atmosphere used to be much better because I’d say we used to have a good, solid core of 15-20k from the city itself until the last few years when pricing has got too high, and the club have really tried to make it an “experience” for middle class families, who we get loads of from outside the City, places like the Forest and affluent outer suburbs.
That core of working class lads from the City can’t be arsed with it anymore and the atmosphere therefore has become more and more diluted at home.
If we got relegated and all the Jeremys and Harriets f*cked off and went back to whatever it is they did before, things would get better again.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Charlie Austin on 18:08 - Feb 17 with 3651 viewsgrumpy

Charlie Austin on 17:48 - Feb 17 by Bicester_North

The fact is Saints have never had a great, loud fan base as it just isn’t a massive football hotbed. However, the atmosphere used to be much better because I’d say we used to have a good, solid core of 15-20k from the city itself until the last few years when pricing has got too high, and the club have really tried to make it an “experience” for middle class families, who we get loads of from outside the City, places like the Forest and affluent outer suburbs.
That core of working class lads from the City can’t be arsed with it anymore and the atmosphere therefore has become more and more diluted at home.
If we got relegated and all the Jeremys and Harriets f*cked off and went back to whatever it is they did before, things would get better again.

Sadly I agree with this.
Charlie Austin on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 3628 viewsNumber_58

Charlie Austin on 16:42 - Feb 17 by Saintsforeverj

Far from it, you've given me plenty of reasons why I think a fair proportion of our fans are rubbish.
Charlie Austin on 18:37 - Feb 17 with 3621 viewsNumber_58

Charlie Austin on 17:48 - Feb 17 by Bicester_North

I don't disagree, although coming from the Forest myself, it's the first time I've ever been described as 'middle class'!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024