Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR Bournemouth 14:12 - Feb 23 with 1741 viewsSaintsforeverj

So Bournemouth score and they disallow their goal to bring it back for a Burnley penalty. Saints had a clear penalty at Anfield, Liverpool score and they don't bring it back for a Saints penalty. Probably Bournemouth handball but it was definitely a foul against Ings at Anfield. Double standards and clear favouritism to Liverpool.

Wouldn't dare rule out a Liverpool goal at Anfield to give opposition penalty. But they are happy to do it against other teams.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 14:17]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

VAR Bournemouth on 14:56 - Feb 23 with 1467 viewshedgeend61

What's incredible is tat VAR can spot a toenail offside, but something really simple like a ball hitting a shoulder(x2) in the Bournemouth game, a leg breaking sending off tackle by that Spurs player, both of which could be seen by Stevie Wonder on first viewing without any need for a 3 minute debate and many viewings by alleged pros.
THEY GET ALL 3 COMPLETELY WRONG.
Add in the penalty that Leicester penalty which should have been given makes 4 obvious VAR errors on Saturday.

Just use it for matters of Fact, did the ball cross the line for a goal?, and amend offsides to give the benefit to the attacker, fans go to see goals not to see them chalked off for millimetres.

Bournemouth may be relegated because of those VAR mistakes.
VAR Bournemouth on 15:14 - Feb 23 with 1448 viewsSaintsforeverj

VAR Bournemouth on 14:56 - Feb 23 by hedgeend61

What's incredible is tat VAR can spot a toenail offside, but something really simple like a ball hitting a shoulder(x2) in the Bournemouth game, a leg breaking sending off tackle by that Spurs player, both of which could be seen by Stevie Wonder on first viewing without any need for a 3 minute debate and many viewings by alleged pros.
THEY GET ALL 3 COMPLETELY WRONG.
Add in the penalty that Leicester penalty which should have been given makes 4 obvious VAR errors on Saturday.

Just use it for matters of Fact, did the ball cross the line for a goal?, and amend offsides to give the benefit to the attacker, fans go to see goals not to see them chalked off for millimetres.

Bournemouth may be relegated because of those VAR mistakes.

Yep. The ref at the game, should go and look at the screen on the side of the pitch. That would solve a lot of issues. The blatant handball in the box against Spurs at St Mary's not given. Luckily we won anyway. A ball hits a Bournemouth shoulder and they give it. It's so pathetic, it's untrue.

VAR Bournemouth on 16:06 - Feb 23 with 1385 viewsBazza

VAR Bournemouth on 15:14 - Feb 23 by Saintsforeverj

Yep. The ref at the game, should go and look at the screen on the side of the pitch. That would solve a lot of issues. The blatant handball in the box against Spurs at St Mary's not given. Luckily we won anyway. A ball hits a Bournemouth shoulder and they give it. It's so pathetic, it's untrue.

Makes you realise how poor our referees are. They really need to go back to retraining and look at these errors/examples of bias.
VAR Bournemouth on 17:29 - Feb 23 with 1305 viewsSalisburySaint

VAR Bournemouth on 16:06 - Feb 23 by Bazza

Makes you realise how poor our referees are. They really need to go back to retraining and look at these errors/examples of bias.

Agree that referees in this country are currently the problem

VAR seems to work ok in Champions League, Europa League and was great in World Cup, but we are having loads of issues in this country and that has to be down to refs on pitch or in the control room who are overseeing VAR
VAR Bournemouth (n/t) on 18:02 - Feb 23 with 1270 viewsDellHero

VAR Bournemouth on 17:29 - Feb 23 by SalisburySaint

Agree that referees in this country are currently the problem

VAR seems to work ok in Champions League, Europa League and was great in World Cup, but we are having loads of issues in this country and that has to be down to refs on pitch or in the control room who are overseeing VAR

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:55]
VAR Bournemouth on 18:32 - Feb 23 with 1234 viewsCenturion

VAR Bournemouth (n/t) on 18:02 - Feb 23 by DellHero

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:55]

I would be well pissed off if I was Bournemouth supporter.

They really are in a dogfight now.

Apart from Norwich, it is hard to see who the other two will be, but maybe Wham and Bournemouth?
VAR Bournemouth on 19:18 - Feb 23 with 1193 viewskingslandstand1

VAR Bournemouth on 18:32 - Feb 23 by Centurion

I would be well pissed off if I was Bournemouth supporter.

They really are in a dogfight now.

Apart from Norwich, it is hard to see who the other two will be, but maybe Wham and Bournemouth?

Well we could do Bournemouth a favour next weekend at the London Stadium
VAR Bournemouth on 22:01 - Feb 23 with 1107 viewssledger

Referees overseeing referees is the problem it's the same as you're family you always look after you're own,you could be in a role reversal the following week, not an ideal situation,most football fans would make less mistakes,so please no referees or ex players on var
Login to get fewer ads

VAR Bournemouth on 01:40 - Feb 24 with 1051 viewsTimSaint

It is all a farce and still down to the opinion of 1 person.

Billings isn't really looking at the ball and it hits his arm at the top by his shoulder - hand ball and no goal. Because that 1 is given, the other has to be too, as it hits in virtually the same place. Very harsh perhaps but not consistent with many other handball incidents this season.

Man City get a penalty when the arm is slightly up. Alderweirald has his hand above his head against us and it is no penalty. Where is the consistency ?

It is like Grealish going down every time at the slightest touch, or the referee allowing an injured player to roll back onto the pitch for treatment

Or perhaps Lo Celso avoiding red for Spurs - only for var to admit they got it wrong, but they can't give a retrospective 3 match ban !! Seriously ? Shame he didn't stamp on Alonso as payback for his stamp on Long a couple of seasons back !!

All the pundits and experts are talking about var decisions and not about the actual football.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 1:52]

TimSaint

VAR Bournemouth on 04:56 - Feb 24 with 1032 viewsBuenosSaint

Yes Indeed. Check out MLT's reaction to it live. I love Le God.

I said at the time i was completely miffed that other pundits didn't make a big deal of it on the day but its was only understandable since LiVARpool were playing.

Poll: The Long Future

VAR Bournemouth on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 922 viewsSaintsforeverj

VAR Bournemouth on 04:56 - Feb 24 by BuenosSaint

Yes Indeed. Check out MLT's reaction to it live. I love Le God.

I said at the time i was completely miffed that other pundits didn't make a big deal of it on the day but its was only understandable since LiVARpool were playing.

Spot on Matt. Liverpool get all the big decisions. Everything stacked against the rest of us. The refs definitely bottle it at the grounds of the big clubs.

VAR Bournemouth on 11:29 - Feb 24 with 905 viewskingslandstand1

VAR Bournemouth on 11:14 - Feb 24 by Saintsforeverj

Spot on Matt. Liverpool get all the big decisions. Everything stacked against the rest of us. The refs definitely bottle it at the grounds of the big clubs.

And their response was that they should have had one earlier in the game (which I disagree with), but as was proved over the weekend, VAR is sh1te at the moment and still down to opinions and hence the bias we had before as you SFE, I know have been shouting about from the rooftops

Although with the current ruling, the Bournemouth goal (can't remember 1st or 2nd, but the one from which they broke away and scored) should have been disallowed because of the quite clear handball to give Burnley the pen. The other one though was a shoulder hit and not an arm hit so not handball
VAR Bournemouth on 14:16 - Feb 24 with 832 viewsDorsetIan

VAR Bournemouth on 11:29 - Feb 24 by kingslandstand1

And their response was that they should have had one earlier in the game (which I disagree with), but as was proved over the weekend, VAR is sh1te at the moment and still down to opinions and hence the bias we had before as you SFE, I know have been shouting about from the rooftops

Although with the current ruling, the Bournemouth goal (can't remember 1st or 2nd, but the one from which they broke away and scored) should have been disallowed because of the quite clear handball to give Burnley the pen. The other one though was a shoulder hit and not an arm hit so not handball

VAR or no VAR?

A game with constant interruptions, the joy of a goal always being provisional, no one in the ground knowing what it going on, and mistakes and controversies every week

OR

A game with no interruptions, goals being goals (subject to a quick look for a flag), everyone in the ground knowing exactly what is going on, and mistakes and controversies every week.

The choice should be pretty obvious. It should be suspended immediately.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR Bournemouth on 17:16 - Feb 24 with 787 viewsBuenosSaint

VAR Bournemouth on 14:16 - Feb 24 by DorsetIan

VAR or no VAR?

A game with constant interruptions, the joy of a goal always being provisional, no one in the ground knowing what it going on, and mistakes and controversies every week

OR

A game with no interruptions, goals being goals (subject to a quick look for a flag), everyone in the ground knowing exactly what is going on, and mistakes and controversies every week.

Well put.

Though one could possibly argue the total controversies are less with VAR. whether this balances out your other points is another debate altogether.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 17:20]

Poll: The Long Future

VAR Bournemouth on 17:32 - Feb 24 with 773 viewsDorsetIan

VAR Bournemouth on 17:16 - Feb 24 by BuenosSaint

Well put.

Though one could possibly argue the total controversies are less with VAR. whether this balances out your other points is another debate altogether.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 17:20]

Do you really that they are less?

It seems to me that we are having ridiculous VAR controversies pretty much every week now. I don't remember it being this bad pre-VAR.

VAR Bournemouth on 17:48 - Feb 24 with 754 viewsBazza

VAR Bournemouth on 17:32 - Feb 24 by DorsetIan

Do you really that they are less?

It seems to me that we are having ridiculous VAR controversies pretty much every week now. I don't remember it being this bad pre-VAR.

VAR is not to blame, it's the pathetic judgments of the referees in our Premier League. VAR is just a inanimate frigging camera system.
Other competions and sports use similar with great success.
I don't agree that without VAR there would be no controversy, I remember frequently packs of disgruntled players surrounding refs and taking ages to calm down following dodgy pension decisions. Not to mention supporters fighting outside because of tempers frayed following dubious penalties.
VAR Bournemouth on 17:50 - Feb 24 with 748 viewsBazza

VAR Bournemouth on 17:48 - Feb 24 by Bazza

VAR is not to blame, it's the pathetic judgments of the referees in our Premier League. VAR is just a inanimate frigging camera system.
Other competions and sports use similar with great success.
I don't agree that without VAR there would be no controversy, I remember frequently packs of disgruntled players surrounding refs and taking ages to calm down following dodgy pension decisions. Not to mention supporters fighting outside because of tempers frayed following dubious penalties.

penalty decisions (not pension)
VAR Bournemouth on 18:07 - Feb 24 with 726 viewskingslandstand1

VAR or no VAR?

OR

You are absolutely right with those comments but how would you feel if you were relegated on an offside decision given by a dopy linesman that was clearly onside.

It goes back to the old "clear and obvious" that everybody was sold when it came in. Clearly and obviously that is just not the case. Handballs are controversial no matter if VAR is around or not (as in the Bmuff game) so drop it for that unless it is like the Henry WC goal against the Irish a few years ago (clear and obvious)

Definition of "clear and obvious"? The ref can look at a monitor from 2 or 3 angles different to where he was at the time of the incident and make a decision within 15 - 20 seconds. If he can't make that decision then, then we stick to original decision

You are also right in that there have been more arguments/controversies since it came in as it keeps Talksport going as they'd have nothing to talk about now that Liverpool have won the league
VAR Bournemouth on 18:08 - Feb 24 with 727 viewsSaintsforeverj

VAR or no VAR?

OR

I think they should keep VAR but, they should iron out the difficulties. It works well in other sports, we just have dreadfully confused officials I think. The ref should also be looking at the screen himself in the stadium, when there are dubious decisions, like red cards or handball. The ref in the ground should make the final decision I would say. At the moment, we don't know who is making the decisions and that's rediculous. Just make it clear that the ref at the ground makes the final decision but he must follow what has been agreed etc.

They should get together and decide whether a goal can be disallowed and a penalty awarded to the other team or not and stick to it in every match! The Ings penalty not being given at Anfield but a penalty WAS given at Burnley is different rules in different games! They have to sort this and it is just a matter of getting together and deciding what to do.

They could stop the game for a possible penalty decision so that a goal at the other end is not scored. Just stopping the game at the point of a possible penalty might be a solution. The ref can go and look at the screen. Alternatively, they could just decide that they WILL disallow goals if the game continues and it should have been a penalty. The problem is the inconsistencies and therefore unfairness. They just need to be absolutely clear what to do in certain situations so that there is consistency.

VAR Bournemouth on 19:25 - Feb 24 with 688 viewsDorsetIan

VAR Bournemouth on 18:08 - Feb 24 by Saintsforeverj

I think they should keep VAR but, they should iron out the difficulties. It works well in other sports, we just have dreadfully confused officials I think. The ref should also be looking at the screen himself in the stadium, when there are dubious decisions, like red cards or handball. The ref in the ground should make the final decision I would say. At the moment, we don't know who is making the decisions and that's rediculous. Just make it clear that the ref at the ground makes the final decision but he must follow what has been agreed etc.

They should get together and decide whether a goal can be disallowed and a penalty awarded to the other team or not and stick to it in every match! The Ings penalty not being given at Anfield but a penalty WAS given at Burnley is different rules in different games! They have to sort this and it is just a matter of getting together and deciding what to do.

They could stop the game for a possible penalty decision so that a goal at the other end is not scored. Just stopping the game at the point of a possible penalty might be a solution. The ref can go and look at the screen. Alternatively, they could just decide that they WILL disallow goals if the game continues and it should have been a penalty. The problem is the inconsistencies and therefore unfairness. They just need to be absolutely clear what to do in certain situations so that there is consistency.

I'm not saying that it was perfect before VAR, or that VAR is always bad, just that VAR seems to be giving rise to just as many (if not more) controversial decisions than it is 'solving'. So that 'in the round' if it's not improving the decisions and it's creating all those other negatives too (interruption, delay, uncertainty), what's the point?

I think it's a bit like a drug that's been introduced to cure a particularly malady and it's found to cause side effects that weren't expected.

Or like that Boeing plane, where they introduce an anti-stall 'safety' system and it crashes two planes.

What do sensible people do in these circumstances? They pull the drug from the market and they ground the plane. That's what they should do with VAR. Pull it until they can get it to work well.

VAR Bournemouth on 19:39 - Feb 24 with 674 viewsSaintsforeverj

VAR Bournemouth on 19:25 - Feb 24 by DorsetIan

I'm not saying that it was perfect before VAR, or that VAR is always bad, just that VAR seems to be giving rise to just as many (if not more) controversial decisions than it is 'solving'. So that 'in the round' if it's not improving the decisions and it's creating all those other negatives too (interruption, delay, uncertainty), what's the point?

I think it's a bit like a drug that's been introduced to cure a particularly malady and it's found to cause side effects that weren't expected.

Or like that Boeing plane, where they introduce an anti-stall 'safety' system and it crashes two planes.

What do sensible people do in these circumstances? They pull the drug from the market and they ground the plane. That's what they should do with VAR. Pull it until they can get it to work well.

Yep, many would say they would rather not have VAR as refs are still getting decisions wrong, still favouring the top clubs and the delays are spoiling the game. But, I think if they just sort out all the inconsistencies, we will all be much more comfortable with it. Without VAR, my fear is that the refs can favour the top clubs without any comeback. At least for offside, it is the same for every team. In the past, the ref would give a goal to the top teams at home, even when clearly offside. Maybe they just use it for off sides or serious foul play and slim it down a bit. VAR is useful I think to help the ref but maybe it is being used too much and too forensically for every little thing. Maybe the ref just has the option to look at the screen replays when he thinks it's necessary and leave it at that.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 19:40]

VAR Bournemouth on 20:02 - Feb 24 with 657 viewsDorsetIan

VAR Bournemouth on 19:39 - Feb 24 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, many would say they would rather not have VAR as refs are still getting decisions wrong, still favouring the top clubs and the delays are spoiling the game. But, I think if they just sort out all the inconsistencies, we will all be much more comfortable with it. Without VAR, my fear is that the refs can favour the top clubs without any comeback. At least for offside, it is the same for every team. In the past, the ref would give a goal to the top teams at home, even when clearly offside. Maybe they just use it for off sides or serious foul play and slim it down a bit. VAR is useful I think to help the ref but maybe it is being used too much and too forensically for every little thing. Maybe the ref just has the option to look at the screen replays when he thinks it's necessary and leave it at that.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 19:40]

But do you think they should be allowed to continue with it while it is working so badly?

They have been denying there have been problems with it all season, they have been tinkering with it all season and we're just getting more of the same rubbish.

I think: these same idiots who have introduced it so cack-handedly should not be allowed to try to fix it. These should pause it, and put someone new in charge of fixing it, who doesn't have a vested interest in pretending that everything is OK. And ffs not a referee - someone who has played the game and who understands what really makes it tick.

VAR Bournemouth on 21:31 - Feb 24 with 616 viewsSaintsforeverj

VAR Bournemouth on 20:02 - Feb 24 by DorsetIan

But do you think they should be allowed to continue with it while it is working so badly?

They have been denying there have been problems with it all season, they have been tinkering with it all season and we're just getting more of the same rubbish.

I think: these same idiots who have introduced it so cack-handedly should not be allowed to try to fix it. These should pause it, and put someone new in charge of fixing it, who doesn't have a vested interest in pretending that everything is OK. And ffs not a referee - someone who has played the game and who understands what really makes it tick.

I think we need to give it a bit more time to try to fix it and iron out the problems. If all these problems are happening again next year, then I would say get rid of it.

VAR Bournemouth on 22:08 - Feb 24 with 586 viewsDorsetIan

VAR Bournemouth on 21:31 - Feb 24 by Saintsforeverj

I think we need to give it a bit more time to try to fix it and iron out the problems. If all these problems are happening again next year, then I would say get rid of it.

Fair enough. You've obviously got more patience than I have!

VAR Bournemouth on 04:13 - Feb 25 with 539 viewssledger

If you put some of the same idiots in the middle in charge of var what do you expect
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024