Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SFC’s latest financial report 07:23 - Mar 13 with 3193 viewsIngskneeslide

From Radio Solent:

Southampton has announced a loss of £39.3M for the year ending June 30th 2019

That’s a drop of nearly £75m from the previous year
SFC’s latest financial report on 07:25 - Mar 13 with 2444 viewsIngskneeslide

Apologies, didn’t see the other thread... or did I?.. 😉 #delete
SFC’s latest financial report on 07:28 - Mar 13 with 2429 viewsthis_charming_man

If that’s a sustainable business model I’d hate to see an unsustainable one

Kruger working part time and pocketing 3/4 million, great work if you can get it

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

SFC’s latest financial report on 07:52 - Mar 13 with 2378 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Fantastic. So there really is no money to spend at all? WTF are they doing with it all? Where has it gone?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

SFC’s latest financial report on 07:57 - Mar 13 with 2366 viewsthis_charming_man

Steele right there says why our sustainable model is f*cked it relies on selling players for big profits and as he says most European clubs can’t do that so you’re basically restricting who can buy them to the top clubs in England. Unfortunately most of our players would struggle to get a move to a championship club.

Reed got nearly a £400k pay off for saddling us with a load of sh1t

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:34 - Mar 13 with 2245 viewsButty101

SFC’s latest financial report on 07:57 - Mar 13 by this_charming_man

Steele right there says why our sustainable model is f*cked it relies on selling players for big profits and as he says most European clubs can’t do that so you’re basically restricting who can buy them to the top clubs in England. Unfortunately most of our players would struggle to get a move to a championship club.

Steele totally contradicts him self in the announcement.
He blames the fact that clubs abroad cant afford to buy our players, hence they all went on loan.
Then in the next breath says dont worry we will send them this summer.... Course you wont.

Im surprised at the amount of debt we racked up, its not like it went of a lavish transfer spending spree.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:40 - Mar 13 with 2234 viewsNumber_58

Ah well, at least all those still moaning about us not bringing in any central defenders in the transfer window now know why we didn't buy any. Also explains why we flogged Targett. Without that £15m we'd be even deeper in the mire. Sadly (or perhaps fortunately), the individuals responsible for this financial disaster are long gone, and with a huge pay-off too which makes it even harder to take.
SFC’s latest financial report on 09:42 - Mar 13 with 2231 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gao's sustainable business has therefore failed. The lowest net spend since 2015 and yet we still make a loss? We face a summer of selling players if offers come in for Ings, Redmond etc. What a farce. Fans will see this for whta it is and watch season ticket sales significantly drop next year and then the club will have even less money. What a terrible owner.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:46 - Mar 13 with 2227 viewsSaintNick

I love all the knee jerk reactions on this thread, yes Reed got a pay off, but perhaps it was for the work he did back in 2010 in signing all those players that we sold for big profits, perhaps it was for all the work he did on overseeing the building of the academy and training ground, yes he f*cked up at the end, but that doesn't mean it was all bad.

Yes our sustainable model is to buy players sell them on for a profit and then repeat it again and again, why is this such big news, Harrogate is not the middle of the Amazon jungle , this has been the Saints way since Ted Bates, the way that Markus envisaged and to be blunt investment from Arab Sheikhs aside the only sustainable model we and most clubs have, so why is it such a big shock

You blame Reed and Krueger, they are gone so lets not rake over the past lets look to the future

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:47 - Mar 13 with 2223 viewsUlsterBaz

Yep, it’s shambolic. Reed really did a number on us in his last couple of years.
SFC’s latest financial report on 09:51 - Mar 13 with 2217 viewsNumber_58

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:42 - Mar 13 by Saintsforeverj

Gao's sustainable business has therefore failed. The lowest net spend since 2015 and yet we still make a loss? We face a summer of selling players if offers come in for Ings, Redmond etc. What a farce. Fans will see this for whta it is and watch season ticket sales significantly drop next year and then the club will have even less money. What a terrible owner.

The problem lies with the idiots who sanctioned the transfers of players like Carillo, Hoedt, Elynoussey, etc, etc and gave massive contracts to the likes of Forster (we are still paying him £72,000 a week, by the way). I'm not 100% sure of the timescales involved but I believe that this crazy money spunking began before Gao arrived.
SFC’s latest financial report on 09:54 - Mar 13 with 2212 viewsButty101

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:46 - Mar 13 by SaintNick

I love all the knee jerk reactions on this thread, yes Reed got a pay off, but perhaps it was for the work he did back in 2010 in signing all those players that we sold for big profits, perhaps it was for all the work he did on overseeing the building of the academy and training ground, yes he f*cked up at the end, but that doesn't mean it was all bad.

Yes our sustainable model is to buy players sell them on for a profit and then repeat it again and again, why is this such big news, Harrogate is not the middle of the Amazon jungle , this has been the Saints way since Ted Bates, the way that Markus envisaged and to be blunt investment from Arab Sheikhs aside the only sustainable model we and most clubs have, so why is it such a big shock

You blame Reed and Krueger, they are gone so lets not rake over the past lets look to the future

"Move on" Says the man that cant move on from Cortese...

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:01 - Mar 13 with 2199 viewsSaintNick

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:54 - Mar 13 by Butty101

"Move on" Says the man that cant move on from Cortese...

I only mention his name to correct innacuaracies, other than that I am not bothered about him at all.

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:02 - Mar 13 with 2199 viewsSaintsforeverj

SFC’s latest financial report on 09:51 - Mar 13 by Number_58

The problem lies with the idiots who sanctioned the transfers of players like Carillo, Hoedt, Elynoussey, etc, etc and gave massive contracts to the likes of Forster (we are still paying him £72,000 a week, by the way). I'm not 100% sure of the timescales involved but I believe that this crazy money spunking began before Gao arrived.

So why was Gao so keen to take on this project then and buy a club with such financial problems? It certainly wasn't to help the club move forward by investing some of his own money. So what was the point? Must be a method to the madness: To help Gao move money out of China or for his own needs. Not to help our club. In other words, he is using us for something.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:02]

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:08 - Mar 13 with 2188 viewsNumber_58

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:02 - Mar 13 by Saintsforeverj

So why was Gao so keen to take on this project then and buy a club with such financial problems? It certainly wasn't to help the club move forward by investing some of his own money. So what was the point? Must be a method to the madness: To help Gao move money out of China or for his own needs. Not to help our club. In other words, he is using us for something.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:02]

I don't know, I've never met the chap and I'm guessing neither have you. You suggested that the current financial problems were his was all his fault cos he's a terrible owner and I said that the money problems began well before he got here. If fans are expecting him to write a blank cheque for £40m to write off the debt, and he fails to do so, then I guess he will be seen as a bad owner, but I don't think football ownership necessarily works like that.
SFC’s latest financial report on 10:15 - Mar 13 with 2181 viewsSaintsforeverj

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:08 - Mar 13 by Number_58

I don't know, I've never met the chap and I'm guessing neither have you. You suggested that the current financial problems were his was all his fault cos he's a terrible owner and I said that the money problems began well before he got here. If fans are expecting him to write a blank cheque for £40m to write off the debt, and he fails to do so, then I guess he will be seen as a bad owner, but I don't think football ownership necessarily works like that.

I seem to remember Marcus buying the club when in serious debt to rescue it. He actually loaned the club money to get it back on his feet. Not Gao's fault that we bought terrible players, but it's his fault for buying the club and not having a plan to deal with the problems other than sell players. My question is, why buy the club if you are totally skint? What good is this owner to us if he can't support it. Club makes a bigger loss than clubs like Bournemouth etc who have spent a lot more money on players? And they didn't sell players for 75 million either.

Since Gao's arrival, the team is poorer, he is silent, we have now made a big loss. What is there to like?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:22]

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:55 - Mar 13 with 2135 viewsthis_charming_man

Its not a shock to me, what is a shock is intelligent people seem to have their fingers in their ears and their eyes shut for the last 3 years repeatedly telling us all how great we are being run.

A model which is over dependant on selling our best players to about 8 clubs in Europe, that has been run by clowns.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:56]

SFC’s latest financial report on 13:30 - Mar 13 with 2059 viewsSaintNick

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:55 - Mar 13 by this_charming_man

Its not a shock to me, what is a shock is intelligent people seem to have their fingers in their ears and their eyes shut for the last 3 years repeatedly telling us all how great we are being run.

A model which is over dependant on selling our best players to about 8 clubs in Europe, that has been run by clowns.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:56]

The model is not flawed but it is dependent on making the right signings, it is funny that all the players out on loan seem to be rated by the clubs they are with yet hated here.

4 years ago when we finished sixth we still had people moaning then and it will never stop, the past is continually dredged up despite the fact that those responsible are gone.

We are still in the Premier League so it is not flawed.

Sadly I think for some that Southampton FC is now never going to be able to give them what they need which seems to be an owner who has multi hundreds of millions he is willing to spend on transfer fees.

The situation is back to what is was 12 years ago, a fanbase determined to slag of whoever was in charge whatever the circumstances, whoever is to blame the current person gets the blame for the past.

Like 2009 we need to go back to basics, all the moaners do what they did back then and leave the 21,000 hardcore to back the team and when we get build a club again that seems to have something that attracts a new owner perhaps we can move forward.

One thing is for certain when a new owner does a bit of due dilligence he will find a fanbase that still sings about hanging a former chairman from the Itchen Bridge, slags off the previous majority shareholder for selling the club and slags off the existing owner.

He will also see that all he needs to do to get the fans on sign is tell them he will get the club to the Champions League in 5 years

SFC’s latest financial report on 14:00 - Mar 13 with 2017 viewsPatfromPoole

It doesn’t help the accounts when you keep sacking managers.

Good luck in selling the club for £250 million when the accounts are so volatile.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

SFC’s latest financial report on 14:05 - Mar 13 with 2016 views1ASIN12

Have to disagree about it being the Saints way since Ted Bates.

Yes we have always been a selling club , but previously the football came 1st

The last few seasons with Reed and Wilson we were actively buying players with the hope is selling them on for large profits.

We became an import export business for players and to some extent managers too.

Just my opinion but the club where always one poor transfer window from being in the shit - we’ve had 4
SFC’s latest financial report on 14:10 - Mar 13 with 2006 viewsKennington

Imagine if we hadn’t sold VvD, we’d be £120m plus in debt. Crazy. Who are these idiots/mercenaries running the club? It just shows we really need a wealthy owner that fancies a new hobby.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 14:11]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

SFC’s latest financial report on 14:31 - Mar 13 with 1983 viewsthis_charming_man

SFC’s latest financial report on 13:30 - Mar 13 by SaintNick

The model is not flawed but it is dependent on making the right signings, it is funny that all the players out on loan seem to be rated by the clubs they are with yet hated here.

4 years ago when we finished sixth we still had people moaning then and it will never stop, the past is continually dredged up despite the fact that those responsible are gone.

Sadly I think for some that Southampton FC is now never going to be able to give them what they need which seems to be an owner who has multi hundreds of millions he is willing to spend on transfer fees.

The situation is back to what is was 12 years ago, a fanbase determined to slag of whoever was in charge whatever the circumstances, whoever is to blame the current person gets the blame for the past.

Like 2009 we need to go back to basics, all the moaners do what they did back then and leave the 21,000 hardcore to back the team and when we get build a club again that seems to have something that attracts a new owner perhaps we can move forward.

One thing is for certain when a new owner does a bit of due dilligence he will find a fanbase that still sings about hanging a former chairman from the Itchen Bridge, slags off the previous majority shareholder for selling the club and slags off the existing owner.

He will also see that all he needs to do to get the fans on sign is tell them he will get the club to the Champions League in 5 years

it does amuse it how after four years of passionately defending Kruger we are now not allowed to say a bad word about him because the people responsible for the current mess arent here any more so we should move as no point dwelling on the past.

SFC’s latest financial report on 15:04 - Mar 13 with 1955 viewsIngskneeslide

SFC’s latest financial report on 13:30 - Mar 13 by SaintNick

Seriously Nick, what happened to make you like this? Where have your balls gone? Any criticism of the club is now dismissed by you. I know as much as anyone how drippy our fanbase can be but there are also some very legitimate concerns that can't just be ignored.
SFC’s latest financial report on 16:43 - Mar 13 with 1849 viewsthis_charming_man

SFC’s latest financial report on 15:04 - Mar 13 by Ingskneeslide

Seriously Nick, what happened to make you like this? Where have your balls gone? Any criticism of the club is now dismissed by you. I know as much as anyone how drippy our fanbase can be but there are also some very legitimate concerns that can't just be ignored.

I think it's hilarious, the hypocrisy is sensational. Between 2009-12 Cortese was the devil, could do no right, we had articles about everything from the lack of advertising board sales to endless articles about wasting money on Mayuka and Forren. These days though not a word of criticism for anyone, despite having £80m of players out on loan we cant give away. Plenty for the fans though for expressing justified concerns.

However, we were told, the stance of Cortese was justified, fans should ask questions of the club if there are concerns. Strangely things have changed now, now all people do is moan, moan, moan. New owners and players will check mongboards for what fans are saying about the club and be put off. Funnily enough that didn't happen between 2009-14 when we had endless articles criticising the chairman. We should all be positive and get on with it, because Goa isn't the best but isn't the worst either etc. Quite incredible really.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 16:55]

SFC’s latest financial report on 17:24 - Mar 13 with 1807 viewsTripleNiemi

I think a fair gauge to the situation would be....

Any fan(s) (realistic / non plastic types) from outside of Saints FC are surely looking at us and questioning just where have Saints gone massively wrong. Tot up player sales in the past and they must be pīssing themselves laughing at how we could post a decent profit last year, to such a loss this year.....look at the players you have flogged blah blah blah.

Sustainable model / take us to the next level my aris. And to think some still say Cortese failed. Yes, in the end we were indebted due to a couple of duff signings, but fook me, the club was sold for ten fold what was paid for it. Now there is no chance of Gao recouping what he paid unless there is another idiot in China interested.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

SFC’s latest financial report on 17:41 - Mar 13 with 1786 viewsthis_charming_man

SFC’s latest financial report on 17:24 - Mar 13 by TripleNiemi

I think a fair gauge to the situation would be....

Any fan(s) (realistic / non plastic types) from outside of Saints FC are surely looking at us and questioning just where have Saints gone massively wrong. Tot up player sales in the past and they must be pīssing themselves laughing at how we could post a decent profit last year, to such a loss this year.....look at the players you have flogged blah blah blah.

Sustainable model / take us to the next level my aris. And to think some still say Cortese failed. Yes, in the end we were indebted due to a couple of duff signings, but fook me, the club was sold for ten fold what was paid for it. Now there is no chance of Gao recouping what he paid unless there is another idiot in China interested.

A better and more simple gauge is this

Are we in a better or worse position now than when Goa arrived almost 3 years ago?

I don’t know how anyone can make a case to answer better
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 17:45]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024