Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My holiday to Tenerife 14:02 - Mar 14 with 2460 viewsOccasional_Showers

Am I going on Saturday?

Looks doubtful now.

I hope they hurry up and say it’s cancelled so I can book a cheap cruise or something.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

My holiday to Tenerife on 20:01 - Mar 14 with 939 viewsOccasional_Showers

My holiday to Tenerife on 19:48 - Mar 14 by City_boy

I had a flight to Madrid on Easyjet for 23 March, but not heard anything other than Easyjet waving the £25 fee to change flights. My flight details etc are still on the Easyjet portal - it hasn't been cancelled.

I was hoping they would cancel it and give me money back as I have another one booked in May to Malaga to play golf, which I will probably also have to change/or cancel. My Hotel in Madrid refunded me fortunately.

Re-booking is fine, but all the alternative flights are now more expensive. If I re-book I could be paying more out and be in same position in 3,4,5 months. This is going to take months to sort out.

I booked an atol protected EasyJet package as opposed to just a flight, perhaps that’s the difference in how we are being dealt with. I have received a text message and an email telling me it’s off and that I will be refunded in a few working days.

My holiday to Tenerife on 20:16 - Mar 14 with 922 viewsCity_boy

My holiday to Tenerife on 20:01 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

I booked an atol protected EasyJet package as opposed to just a flight, perhaps that’s the difference in how we are being dealt with. I have received a text message and an email telling me it’s off and that I will be refunded in a few working days.

Thanks for this. Mine was flight only. I will just re-book. Thinking of doing the Munich beer festival at end Sept.
Still hoping it get's sorted by May, but not confident.

My daughter had her ski holiday cancelled yesterday (due to go today). I hadn't realised nearly all ski resorts had also closed until we started to see if there was an alternative option/resort.
My holiday to Tenerife on 20:26 - Mar 14 with 911 viewssolent_toffee

Was due to go to Florida in a few weeks for 15 days but that’s been cancelled today. After seeing Trump and his cronies on the news earlier, I’m quite pleased to be getting my money back so that I can plan for another trip when this has all been sorted. It was horrific to watch Trump, baseball cap and all, talking out of their arses. I wouldnt trust them to do the right thing.
My holiday to Tenerife on 20:28 - Mar 14 with 910 viewsOccasional_Showers

My holiday to Tenerife on 20:16 - Mar 14 by City_boy

Thanks for this. Mine was flight only. I will just re-book. Thinking of doing the Munich beer festival at end Sept.
Still hoping it get's sorted by May, but not confident.

My daughter had her ski holiday cancelled yesterday (due to go today). I hadn't realised nearly all ski resorts had also closed until we started to see if there was an alternative option/resort.

I have spoken to reception at The Rock Hotel and British Airways and EasyJet were still flying into Gibraltar today. The border is also still open. If you are planning a flight into Malaga for the Marbella area it might be worth investigating a flight into Gibraltar instead and cross the land border into Spain. Of course it’s uncertain whether that land border will remain open or whether flights into Gibraltar continue.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 20:34]

My holiday to Tenerife on 20:37 - Mar 14 with 902 viewsHappy_Jack

Pissed off at how shite this summer is going to be but what can you do? I was planning on buggering off to Spain for at least a month can't see that happening now.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

My holiday to Tenerife on 20:49 - Mar 14 with 893 viewsBicester_North

My holiday to Tenerife on 20:37 - Mar 14 by Happy_Jack

Pissed off at how shite this summer is going to be but what can you do? I was planning on buggering off to Spain for at least a month can't see that happening now.

Cheer yourself up by cancelling your Sky subscription if you’ve got one. It cheered me up today after various cancelled travel plans. One in the bollocks for the gravy train c*nts. Should’ve done it ages ago.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

My holiday to Tenerife on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 875 viewsOccasional_Showers

I’ve decided to write this off now, it’s not possible to go anywhere apart from a UK cottage break but the weather is too shite for that.

Interesting to see the measure Gibraltar are taking.

https://www.chronicle.gi/restaurants-to-close-completely-following-advice-of-pub

They have mirrored the UK approach to the letter so far and so what they have done now is uk government strategy. We can expect to to see these measures soon.

My holiday to Tenerife on 21:58 - Mar 14 with 851 viewsOccasional_Showers

National Lampoons Vacation has just started on itv4. A bit of light hearted entertainment for a change.

Login to get fewer ads

My holiday to Tenerife on 22:03 - Mar 14 with 846 viewsBicester_North

My holiday to Tenerife on 21:58 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

National Lampoons Vacation has just started on itv4. A bit of light hearted entertainment for a change.

A real 80s comedy classic, just watching that myself

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

My holiday to Tenerife (n/t) on 22:06 - Mar 14 with 842 viewsDellHero

My holiday to Tenerife on 22:03 - Mar 14 by Bicester_North

A real 80s comedy classic, just watching that myself

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:39]
My holiday to Tenerife on 08:05 - Mar 15 with 786 viewsCity_boy

My holiday to Tenerife on 21:05 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

I’ve decided to write this off now, it’s not possible to go anywhere apart from a UK cottage break but the weather is too shite for that.

Interesting to see the measure Gibraltar are taking.

https://www.chronicle.gi/restaurants-to-close-completely-following-advice-of-pub

They have mirrored the UK approach to the letter so far and so what they have done now is uk government strategy. We can expect to to see these measures soon.

Antarctica is still virus free and Uzbekistan has only had 1 case ?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 8:05]
My holiday to Tenerife on 19:18 - Mar 15 with 698 viewsSoton

My holiday to Tenerife on 14:13 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

Literally just got a text to says it’s cancelled. All easy jet flights to Spain cancelled. Bugger. Now to find a last minute deal somewhere else.

Why the hell would you consider looking to booking another holiday, you keep commenting about corvid19 and it’s effects but you don’t really seem to grasp what’s going on, it like you have the brains of Trump and the big picture is just alluding you!
Hmmm and now I think about didn’t you say in another post you were off to the USA and you were worried about that
My holiday to Tenerife on 19:19 - Mar 15 with 699 viewsSoton

My holiday to Tenerife on 14:13 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

Literally just got a text to says it’s cancelled. All easy jet flights to Spain cancelled. Bugger. Now to find a last minute deal somewhere else.

Rebooking! you keep commenting about corvid19 and it’s effects but you don’t really seem to grasp what’s going on, it like you have the brains of Trump and the big picture is just alluding you!
Hmmm and now I think about didn’t you say in another post you were off to the USA and you were worried about that
My holiday to Tenerife on 19:25 - Mar 15 with 695 viewsthis_charming_man

Portugal is pretty okay st the moment. If holidays are cancelled going to do a couple of uk breaks.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

My holiday to Tenerife on 19:35 - Mar 15 with 684 viewsBuggalugs

I was due to be going to Orlando for 2 weeks at Easter, but as my flights were originally booked with Thomas Cook, I didn’t bother re-booking with another airline after they went pop. Blessing in disguise really as I got all my money back and it happened long before I’d shelled out on hotels and theme park tickets etc which would’ve been trickier reclaiming on.

After that failure we decided to book a weeks break at a lovely cottage in Northumberland instead, so hopefully we’ll still be ok with that and we won’t all be forced to stay locked in our houses.

Got a cruise to the fjords booked for August too, but really don’t fancy that much as things stand.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

My holiday to Tenerife on 19:37 - Mar 15 with 684 viewsOccasional_Showers

My holiday to Tenerife on 19:19 - Mar 15 by Soton

Rebooking! you keep commenting about corvid19 and it’s effects but you don’t really seem to grasp what’s going on, it like you have the brains of Trump and the big picture is just alluding you!

Things are moving fast and from that post to hours later things changed.

My holiday to Tenerife on 09:28 - Mar 17 with 584 viewsericofarabia

I guess I was lucky with my ski trip to Val Thorens. We were planning on going this week but friends from Dubai who we were meeting up with could only make 7th to 14th. As if Mar 15th all French Ski resorts were shut down. We were hoping to book as last minute deal next month but that is now out of the question 😞. Now doing a 7 day isolation as have a bit of a sniffle just in case. What a ballache.
My holiday to Tenerife on 09:36 - Mar 17 with 579 views1885_SFC

My holiday to Tenerife on 15:53 - Mar 14 by 1885_SFC

My mate flew to Tenerife yesterday. Not sure which airline the party of 10 flew with... but I doubt he'll be coming back within the week he thought he'd be gone!

Been texting my mate who flew to Tenerife for a week on Friday 13th in a party of ten - the day before all flights stopped.

They have all been confined to their rooms at the hotel. The pool is shut. Can't go anywhere or do anything. They are all booked on an emergency flight back home this Thursday.

They do have beer though... lots of it... so it "could" have been worse.

Old School is Cool

My holiday to Tenerife on 09:58 - Mar 17 with 557 viewsSalisburySaint

My holiday to Tenerife on 09:36 - Mar 17 by 1885_SFC

Been texting my mate who flew to Tenerife for a week on Friday 13th in a party of ten - the day before all flights stopped.

They have all been confined to their rooms at the hotel. The pool is shut. Can't go anywhere or do anything. They are all booked on an emergency flight back home this Thursday.

They do have beer though... lots of it... so it "could" have been worse.

text my mate in Tenerife and he is in exactly the same postion, stuck in room and emergency flight back Thursday too, he's been over there since March 5th so at least had just over a week of normal holiday before the shutdown
My holiday to Tenerife on 11:39 - Mar 17 with 524 viewsSonicBoom

My friend is on La Gomera and is in the same position. Had 4 good days now confined to his room for the last three days. All amenities are off limits and there's a fine is you are caught wandering about apparently.
Flight home cancelled but like the above there is some sort of emergency flight on Thursday though he doesn't know if he's on it.
My holiday to Tenerife on 15:58 - Mar 17 with 476 viewsDENZY

My holiday to Tenerife on 15:23 - Mar 14 by City_boy

I would check the small print on this. Many companies have suspended selling new policies and those those that are still selling travel policies, have restrictions on them.

Yep, seems you were right. They kept that quiet when I booked it. Would I be eligible for flights refund if they ban all flights even though I didn't have travel insurance?

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

My holiday to Tenerife on 17:16 - Mar 17 with 432 viewsCity_boy

My holiday to Tenerife on 15:58 - Mar 17 by DENZY

Yep, seems you were right. They kept that quiet when I booked it. Would I be eligible for flights refund if they ban all flights even though I didn't have travel insurance?

I had 2 flights with Easyjet to Madrid and one in April to Prague, which they cancelled yesterday. They offered a full refund or option to re-book for another date up-to end Oct. (including change of destination).

My insurance is with Nationwide BS via their Flex plus account. I contacted them to see what the score was, before Easyjet cancelled. They are advising customers to contact their credit card company first.

Some travel policies are insurers of last resort. Certainly worth trying the credit card company, if Airline does't offer full refund or suitable alternative.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 17:23]
My holiday to Tenerife on 18:51 - Mar 17 with 404 viewsOccasional_Showers

Booked a week in a cottage overlooking the sea in Pembrokeshire. Times are going to be uncertain and we are taking my mum so she can have a little boost before I lock her up in solitary confinement for 6 months. On a serious note I think this type of socially distanced break is all anyone can do this year. We cant become complete hermits, life must go on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024