Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shopping Trolleys 14:41 - Mar 17 with 1452 viewssolent_toffee

Since the outbreak of the virus, I’ve become a right nosey so and so when I’ve been in the shops, checking out what people are panic buying. Never mind, Corona Virus, most of the good people of Bursledon, well I suspect Sholing and Thornhill, are going to die of scurvey soon. All the frozen, tinned, ice cream etc have been cleared off the shelves, but the fruit and veg haven’t been touched.
Shopping Trolleys on 14:56 - Mar 17 with 1438 viewsdirk_doone

You obviously weren't in Bursledon Tesco after we'd been there. We virtually cleared the shelves of raspberries and made a sizeable inroad into the pears, oranges and mushrooms. But, you are right, they were well stocked, apart from cleaning fluids, toilet paper, tissues, chicken and eggs, which were sold out. The panic buying of chicken and eggs doesn't seem to have got as much publicity as the toilet paper. I don't know which went first, the chicken or the eggs.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 15:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Shopping Trolleys on 15:12 - Mar 17 with 1416 viewsOccasional_Showers

Washing Machine tabs are in short supply. I'm on a mission to stock up at least 6 months worth. Plus add to my already huge toilet roll mountain.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Shopping Trolleys on 15:24 - Mar 17 with 1396 viewsgrumpy

Shopping Trolleys on 15:12 - Mar 17 by Occasional_Showers

Washing Machine tabs are in short supply. I'm on a mission to stock up at least 6 months worth. Plus add to my already huge toilet roll mountain.

Gone are the days when people used to use newspapers
Shopping Trolleys on 15:27 - Mar 17 with 1391 viewsthis_charming_man

Shopping Trolleys on 14:56 - Mar 17 by dirk_doone

You obviously weren't in Bursledon Tesco after we'd been there. We virtually cleared the shelves of raspberries and made a sizeable inroad into the pears, oranges and mushrooms. But, you are right, they were well stocked, apart from cleaning fluids, toilet paper, tissues, chicken and eggs, which were sold out. The panic buying of chicken and eggs doesn't seem to have got as much publicity as the toilet paper. I don't know which went first, the chicken or the eggs.

the chickens. My local Morrsions and Sainsburys were wiped out of chickens but a few eggs left.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Shopping Trolleys (n/t) on 15:46 - Mar 17 with 1371 viewsDellHero

Shopping Trolleys on 15:27 - Mar 17 by this_charming_man

the chickens. My local Morrsions and Sainsburys were wiped out of chickens but a few eggs left.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 22:26]
Shopping Trolleys on 17:28 - Mar 17 with 1277 viewssolent_toffee

Shopping Trolleys on 14:56 - Mar 17 by dirk_doone

It was Bursledon Tesco, I live just round the corner. Some of the scenes have been amazing. One pie arse had a big trolley full of just beans, pizzas (those cheap Tesco ones) and toilet roll. All three like the man himself, in bulk.

I’m a vegetarian so it’s been pretty easy to just pop down and get what I want, when I want it.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 17:29]
Shopping Trolleys on 17:30 - Mar 17 with 1272 viewsCity_boy

Beer has gone in my local Asda and Sainsbury. You can get single bottles, but there are no crates of tins.
This was the moment it dawned on me that it is getting serious.
Shopping Trolleys on 17:40 - Mar 17 with 1257 viewssolent_toffee

Shopping Trolleys on 17:30 - Mar 17 by City_boy

Beer has gone in my local Asda and Sainsbury. You can get single bottles, but there are no crates of tins.
This was the moment it dawned on me that it is getting serious.

There was a fella earlier who had four crates of beer and a bag of potatoes, I was very impressed.
Login to get fewer ads

Shopping Trolleys on 17:44 - Mar 17 with 1252 viewsHeisenberg

As a vegetarian it doesn't bother me at all. All you need is some lentils and a couple of onions and with a few spices you can knock up a dhal. Cheap and full of protein. Job done.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Shopping Trolleys on 18:27 - Mar 17 with 1202 viewsgrumpy

I had to stand in a line waiting to go in the gents as so many blokes were taking ages to wash their hands
Shopping Trolleys on 19:18 - Mar 17 with 1146 viewsOccasional_Showers

Shopping Trolleys on 17:40 - Mar 17 by solent_toffee

There was a fella earlier who had four crates of beer and a bag of potatoes, I was very impressed.

I’m in Norfolk atm. Tomorrow I’m going to nip into Wisbech and pick up a few sacks of potatoes. Keep one for myself and sell the rest (at cost of course) to my elderly neighbours.

Shopping Trolleys on 19:19 - Mar 17 with 1145 viewsOccasional_Showers

Shopping Trolleys on 17:44 - Mar 17 by Heisenberg

As a vegetarian it doesn't bother me at all. All you need is some lentils and a couple of onions and with a few spices you can knock up a dhal. Cheap and full of protein. Job done.

No wonder you stink eating all that shit.

Shopping Trolleys on 19:43 - Mar 17 with 1123 viewsSteveMoron

Why can't they stop people bulk buying? Put a limit on it. I suppose they'll just go out and come in again .
I need some loo roll. I'm down to the cardboard bit.
Shopping Trolleys on 20:01 - Mar 17 with 1086 viewsHappy_Jack

Shopping Trolleys on 19:43 - Mar 17 by SteveMoron

Why can't they stop people bulk buying? Put a limit on it. I suppose they'll just go out and come in again .
I need some loo roll. I'm down to the cardboard bit.

It's not my personal favorite but all I could buy was Sainsburys quilted toilet tissue. I have to say I've been pleasently surprised. It's soft, strong and thoroughly absorbant.
On another note I purchased another Turkey crown before Christmas just in case I ran short. I was ridiculed at the time but it's still sat in my freezer. They're not laughing now!

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Shopping Trolleys on 20:19 - Mar 17 with 1062 viewsthis_charming_man

Shopping Trolleys on 17:28 - Mar 17 by solent_toffee

It was Bursledon Tesco, I live just round the corner. Some of the scenes have been amazing. One pie arse had a big trolley full of just beans, pizzas (those cheap Tesco ones) and toilet roll. All three like the man himself, in bulk.

I’m a vegetarian so it’s been pretty easy to just pop down and get what I want, when I want it.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 17:29]

Most people’s diets are horrific.slobs in supermarkets full of processed rubbish. We buy from our local privately run butchers and greengrocers when we can. We also go to our local fishmongers most weekends, he showed me the difference between a naturally caught mackerel and farmed one the other day, the difference is incredible.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Shopping Trolleys on 20:20 - Mar 17 with 1060 viewsgrumpy

Help! I'm out of toilet roll! I'm reduced to using lettuce leaves.I fear that's just the tip of the Iceberg.
Shopping Trolleys on 20:22 - Mar 17 with 1052 views1885_SFC

Shopping Trolleys on 20:01 - Mar 17 by Happy_Jack

It's not my personal favorite but all I could buy was Sainsburys quilted toilet tissue. I have to say I've been pleasently surprised. It's soft, strong and thoroughly absorbant.
On another note I purchased another Turkey crown before Christmas just in case I ran short. I was ridiculed at the time but it's still sat in my freezer. They're not laughing now!

By all accounts - Sainsburys quilted toilet tissue is pretty good on the whole...

Old School is Cool

Shopping Trolleys on 20:35 - Mar 17 with 1045 viewsHappy_Jack

Just had a text from a mate on the Isle of Wight who keeps chickens. He has an abundance of fresh eggs and is bringing me some over tomorrow.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Shopping Trolleys on 23:18 - Mar 17 with 956 viewsSaintNick

Shopping Trolleys on 20:35 - Mar 17 by Happy_Jack

Just had a text from a mate on the Isle of Wight who keeps chickens. He has an abundance of fresh eggs and is bringing me some over tomorrow.

Im shellshocked

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Shopping Trolleys on 23:32 - Mar 17 with 939 viewshedgeend61

Tescos, good, occasionally busy later.
Sainsburys, moderate to good, sale on Corn Flakes.
Asda, slight to moderate, heavy crowds by evening.
Marks and Spencers and Co-Op, fair. Waitrose fair to moderate, spillage in aisle 7.
Lidl, rough at first, moderate later.
And that's the end of the Shopping Forecast.

Just been in Tescos. Saw a fella whose trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need!!

I called him a selfish b*****d, gave him a low down about the elderly and mums etc who need these types of things. Told him he should be bloody ashamed of himself!
He said: “that’s all well and good mate but I work here, can I carry on filling the shelves now?”

I've been to 4 different shops today and was limited in each one what I could buy.
Tesco : 9 toilet rolls , 1kg of rice , 1 hand sanitiser.
Morrisons : 4 toilet rolls , 2kg of rice , 1 hand sanitiser.
Asda : 24 toilet rolls , half a kilo of rice , 2 hand sanitiser.
Aldi : 1 diving suit , 2 MIG welders & a single basketball.

There was a huge fight in the bog roll aisle when I went to the supermarket yesterday.
It was OK though, no major injuries- just soft tissue damage.

I've just turned up at Ready Steady Cook with 3 items left on the supermarket shelves.
Radishes, boot polish and some paisley pyjamas

Does anyone want to buy 6 boxes of quiche, a dozen scotch eggs and a hundred mini sausage rolls?
I misread the headline and thought everyone was picnic buying.

Walked into a corner shop in Liverpool and picked up a chocolate bar. I said “How much is this love?"
She said "you’re not from round here are you?"
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 23:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024