Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus - conspiracy theories 15:25 - Mar 20 with 1198 viewsSaintsforeverj

In times when "global warming" and pollution have dominated our news, marine life is returning to rivers, smog has disappeared from many major cities, and you can drive freely on the roads in quiet streets. Was this what environment campaigners were asking for and did one of them create this virus (no evidence to suggest this, just a mad thought)? Is this God's way of cleaning up our act?

I'm not religious nor an environmentalist but I did study philosophy! In unprecedented times, it does make me question many things. As most of us all socially isolate for a long period, do we really need to travel so much, to seek so much pleasure going to cinemas / theatres, to get so upset when Saints lose and does anything really matter at all? In the end, nature controls us all rich or poor right?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 15:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 1189 viewsIngskneeslide

No. Next.
Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:28 - Mar 20 with 1183 viewsSaintsforeverj

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:27 - Mar 20 by Ingskneeslide

No. Next.

Prove it

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:32 - Mar 20 with 1169 viewsIngskneeslide

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:28 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Prove it

That’s not how it works mate. It’s your mad theory, you’re the one that needs to prove it.
Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 1155 viewsSaintsforeverj

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:32 - Mar 20 by Ingskneeslide

That’s not how it works mate. It’s your mad theory, you’re the one that needs to prove it.

In your opinion it's mad. I can't prove it right anymore that you can prove it wrong. You might think it mad to suggest that aliens exist or ghosts, well who knows. And if an invisible virus can bring the world to a standstill, anything can happen.

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:45 - Mar 20 with 1142 viewsPatfromPoole

There are conspiracy theories doing the rounds about the China v US trade war which possibly have more credence......

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:46 - Mar 20 with 1141 viewsIngskneeslide

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:38 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

In your opinion it's mad. I can't prove it right anymore that you can prove it wrong. You might think it mad to suggest that aliens exist or ghosts, well who knows. And if an invisible virus can bring the world to a standstill, anything can happen.

Not a fan of materialist philosophy then? As you were
Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:54 - Mar 20 with 1125 viewsfranniesTache

The one good thing about this virus is it's really letting you know who the stupid people are.
Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:55 - Mar 20 with 1125 viewsthis_charming_man

Dr Chuck Abrahams tweeted last week that the chinese did it so the share prices in Western business would tumble and they could hoover them all up. I believe that one.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 1092 viewsBison

What about this one. In times of war many weapons were designed to maim not kill as it takes much more resources to look after the injured than to bury the dead. So this lacklustre attempt to get people to isolate means potentially thousands and thousands of our old people 'the wounded' so to speak will die which will mean when it's all done and dusted there will less strain on the state to look after them all.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 16:27 - Mar 20 with 1064 viewsthis_charming_man

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 15:54 - Mar 20 by franniesTache

The one good thing about this virus is it's really letting you know who the stupid people are.

Also shows who the utter pricks are. You'd think something like this would bring everyone together, to a certain extent it is, but there are still an awful lot of people more interested in me me me or slagging off the government.

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 16:30 - Mar 20 with 1053 viewsthis_charming_man

London has 40% of the UK cases FFS. Stay safe pal x

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 17:20 - Mar 20 with 982 viewsHeisenberg

Not Gods as he is a figment of our imagination to help rationalise what mankind doesn't understand. Gaia theory is interesting though. Basically our planet through its living organisms regulates itself. There have been some interesting articles about the coronavirus and links to pollution. Perhaps this is a wake up call about needing to care more about our environment.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 17:52 - Mar 20 with 957 viewsDorsetIan

I don't think what you've described is a conspiracy theory - I think you're just being a bit reflective and taking a wide view of what's going on.

I agree that the whole thing feels like a bit of a 'corrective'. The world has been heading in an increasingly materialistic and divisive direction, with countries tending to look after their own interests and rejecting global cooperation. Environmentalists have been telling us we have to radically row back on what we are doing, and more and more people are asking for us move away from the free market, because it is not benefitting everyone as (theoretically) it is supposed to...

And, suddenly, Lo, we are forced to cut back, social benefits are being provided that in normal times we would be told would bankrupt us, and this external 'enemy' is causing us to put our differences to one side (as external threats always do) and work together again.

Even the simple fact that we are all being placed in forced isolation means that we have to pause and reflect on what our lives contain, and how we want to spend 12 weeks or more with (maybe) nothing to do.

So, to me, it doesn't really matter whether this has all come about as a result of global conspiracy, divine intervention, Gaia, or simple karma. It could be any or none of those things but whatever it is it's a re-set, and we're all unlikley to come out the end of it unchanged.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 954 viewsthis_charming_man

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 17:52 - Mar 20 by DorsetIan

I don't think what you've described is a conspiracy theory - I think you're just being a bit reflective and taking a wide view of what's going on.

I agree that the whole thing feels like a bit of a 'corrective'. The world has been heading in an increasingly materialistic and divisive direction, with countries tending to look after their own interests and rejecting global cooperation. Environmentalists have been telling us we have to radically row back on what we are doing, and more and more people are asking for us move away from the free market, because it is not benefitting everyone as (theoretically) it is supposed to...

And, suddenly, Lo, we are forced to cut back, social benefits are being provided that in normal times we would be told would bankrupt us, and this external 'enemy' is causing us to put our differences to one side (as external threats always do) and work together again.

Even the simple fact that we are all being placed in forced isolation means that we have to pause and reflect on what our lives contain, and how we want to spend 12 weeks or more with (maybe) nothing to do.

So, to me, it doesn't really matter whether this has all come about as a result of global conspiracy, divine intervention, Gaia, or simple karma. It could be any or none of those things but whatever it is it's a re-set, and we're all unlikley to come out the end of it unchanged.

Or people might very quickly go back to being self entitled, materialistic consumers like they are now.

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 17:59 - Mar 20 with 943 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 17:53 - Mar 20 by this_charming_man

Or people might very quickly go back to being self entitled, materialistic consumers like they are now.

Yes, maybe, but do you really think so?

I'm probably too optimistic about these things. Yes, there are some individuals who are so bovine they will never change, but, as a society, won't it necessarily change priorities and people's understanding of what's possible?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 18:01 - Mar 20 with 936 viewsCapt_Koons

I think Brexit did that.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 19:27 - Mar 20 with 874 viewsOccasional_Showers

I suspect I had it about 4 weeks ago. I had chronic diarrhoea for about 5 days. Now they're saying it's a symptom. I then had heart palpitations (which I told myself was a pulled muscle) - not had them for a week. Then Chest felt a bit chesty. Still does a bit. For last few days (but not today) felt a bit head achey but not bad. Feel just about back to normal today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8134383/Diarrhoea-loss-appetite-

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 10:19 - Mar 22 with 693 viewsBuenosSaint

Coronavirus - conspiracy theories on 17:52 - Mar 20 by DorsetIan

A guy called Bruce Lipton (micro biologist for decades) has done a lot of work on the Gaia theory. Working from individual cells and ultimately making the connections and joining the dots to relate to the whole world. Fascinating stuff but don't know what his take is involving covid 19.

Poll: The Long Future

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024