Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music Southampton have run out to 11:47 - Apr 3 with 3061 viewsjoeheadland

Good morning everyone,

I hope this okay to post here, moderators please move or delete if you need to.

I’m part of a team at the University of Sheffield, who are currently investigating the music that football teams have run or walked out of the tunnel to over the years.

We understand that over recent years Southampton have left the tunnel to versions of ‘The Saints Are Coming’ by either the Skids or US & Green Day. However, we wondered if any fans can remember what came before?
We are after the title of the song, the artist who recorded it, and for which seasons Southampton ran out to this. Any help you can give us to piece together the different songs that your club has run out to would be hugely appreciated.

If you have any personal anecdotes around the reasons for the songs being used, or the changes between them, that would also be fantastic.

I should also add that we are not interested in goal music, or a song that is played at the final whistle, but just the song that is on the tannoy system as the players enter the field.

If you think someone else may be able to help, or you have any questions, please let us know! We would be very happy to discuss the project.

Cheers
Music Southampton have run out to on 12:03 - Apr 3 with 2618 viewsSaintNick

At The Dell in the late 90's we used to run out to One Vision by Queen

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Music Southampton have run out to on 12:07 - Apr 3 with 2616 viewsthis_charming_man

Music Southampton have run out to on 12:03 - Apr 3 by SaintNick

At The Dell in the late 90's we used to run out to One Vision by Queen

and at St Marys too, George Burleys choice.

Missus TCM was working at the club at the time and was part of the match day team, she suggested Stone Roses this is the one on my recomendation and they said it wasn't motivational enough

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Music Southampton have run out to on 12:17 - Apr 3 with 2608 viewsBicester_North

Didn’t we have Muse- Uprising for a while?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Music Southampton have run out to on 17:10 - Apr 3 with 2541 viewsdarthvader

Music Southampton have run out to on 12:17 - Apr 3 by Bicester_North

I know they had that when the showed goals and highlights on the screens for a while . (My fave band )

keep the faith coyr

Music Southampton have run out to on 17:18 - Apr 3 with 2538 viewsUlsterBaz

It was definitely played pre-match but I can’t remember if the team actually ran out to it or not.
Music Southampton have run out to on 17:20 - Apr 3 with 2535 viewsTimSaint

Think this was more the song they played after the players had come out, paraded, shook hands and gone to their respective ends, but before the Captains met the officials etc - ie after U2 and Green Day's The Saints Are Coming.

TimSaint

Music Southampton have run out to on 17:44 - Apr 3 with 2525 viewsFredAndWhite

The line ups currently emerge from the tunnel to Hate Me Now - SUP3R but for the captain and mascots and officials in centre circle it plays The Saints Are Coming and team huddles just before kick off. This is now a modern remix by a local artist rather than Skids. A few years ago was U2 & Green Day version.

Poll: What is your GOAL OF THE MONTH for December?

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:08 - Apr 3 with 2499 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your club have been missing out on a proper tradition here. To keep changing the song means there is no real feeling and empathy with the song.

Pompey run out to 'Portsmouth' and if you are being honest it's one of the most well known entrances in the country, and it just lifts the crowd, and it's all to do with the locals, the city and its history.

Soton need a proper song to tie the fans in.

My strong suggestion would be:

The Wurzels : Combine Harvester ; or
The Wurzels : Cider Drinker

Everyone knows the words, it's a great knees up, and it ties in the club with it's fans

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Login to get fewer ads

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:25 - Apr 3 with 2489 viewsIngskneeslide

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:08 - Apr 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your club have been missing out on a proper tradition here. To keep changing the song means there is no real feeling and empathy with the song.

Pompey run out to 'Portsmouth' and if you are being honest it's one of the most well known entrances in the country, and it just lifts the crowd, and it's all to do with the locals, the city and its history.

Everyone knows the words, it's a great knees up, and it ties in the club with it's fans

Of all the internet weirdos we have on this site, you are by far the dullest. At least saint22 is good comedy value. Do you defend Pompey so vociferously (and ridiculously) because you haven’t been there in so long? I know some Pompey fans and though partial to the odd myth they are pretty normal. What happened to you to make you this way?
Music Southampton have run out to on 18:29 - Apr 3 with 2472 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:25 - Apr 3 by Ingskneeslide

Of all the internet weirdos we have on this site, you are by far the dullest. At least saint22 is good comedy value. Do you defend Pompey so vociferously (and ridiculously) because you haven’t been there in so long? I know some Pompey fans and though partial to the odd myth they are pretty normal. What happened to you to make you this way?

Are you still gutted at being outed as Les?

To have all those user-names isn't normal is it? Did you have a disturbed childhood?
If so, that's a shame. Never to late to bury your past fella

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 2477 viewshedgeend61

https://www.11v11.com/matches/portsmouth-v-middlesbrough-16-december-1972-115911

All 4,688 of them
Just the 31,000 short of capacity.
Music Southampton have run out to on 18:38 - Apr 3 with 2451 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:30 - Apr 3 by hedgeend61

https://www.11v11.com/matches/portsmouth-v-middlesbrough-16-december-1972-115911

All 4,688 of them
Just the 31,000 short of capacity.

Here's a little quiz question , just for you.

What is 39.99% of 4.688?
https://www.11v11.com/matches/southampton-v-port-vale-30-march-1936-102195/

Music Southampton have run out to on 19:39 - Apr 3 with 2424 viewsIngskneeslide

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:29 - Apr 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Are you still gutted at being outed as Les?

To have all those user-names isn't normal is it? Did you have a disturbed childhood?
If so, that's a shame. Never to late to bury your past fella

Outed as who Ray? Only ever posted as IKS mate, the obsession with multi posting on here is weird. You’ve obviously been doing this a lot longer than me. Did this Les fella have you marked as a wrong’un too?
Music Southampton have run out to on 20:00 - Apr 3 with 2403 viewssquidofdespair

Music Southampton have run out to on 19:39 - Apr 3 by Ingskneeslide

Outed as who Ray? Only ever posted as IKS mate, the obsession with multi posting on here is weird. You’ve obviously been doing this a lot longer than me. Did this Les fella have you marked as a wrong’un too?

[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 20:00]
Music Southampton have run out to on 20:01 - Apr 3 with 2400 viewssquidofdespair

Music Southampton have run out to on 20:00 - Apr 3 by squidofdespair

[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 20:00]

Fukits shouldnt get pissedupand post
Music Southampton have run out to on 08:21 - Apr 4 with 2303 viewssolent_toffee

I’m sure Saints had Go by the Chemical Brothers ahead of the Everton game (1-0 Josh Simms hailed as the new Messi). I remember it being blasted out really loud and being the highlight of the match for me.
Music Southampton have run out to on 09:49 - Apr 4 with 2273 viewsOlliekhent

I am sorry to burst your bubble here, but I have honestly never heard of that tune and had no idea your team came out to it. I think you over estimate the countries knowledge of your third tier club.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:06 - Apr 4 with 2247 viewshedgeend61

Music Southampton have run out to on 18:38 - Apr 3 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Here's a little quiz question , just for you.

What is 39.99% of 4.688?
https://www.11v11.com/matches/southampton-v-port-vale-30-march-1936-102195/

84 years ago

A figure nobody alive today would remember even if they'd had a telegram from the Queen.

I'm 58 and can remember the late 60's, just.
Find anything a bit more recent?
Music Southampton have run out to on 11:27 - Apr 4 with 2228 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

It would be superb for your club

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:32 - Apr 4 with 2220 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Another song all about the club down the road

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:38 - Apr 4 with 2209 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Here's some tradition

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:42 - Apr 4 with 2204 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

More tradition

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:44 - Apr 4 with 2199 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Even more tradition

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:46 - Apr 4 with 2193 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Another song about us

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:54 - Apr 4 with 2181 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Another song about for club, very emotional this one

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024