Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life after lockdown 20:47 - Apr 15 with 1216 viewsYarman

As most of you lads on here seem to work in a office based situation, do you think that it will be more easy to work from home in future, I say this because my wife works for a local council and has been working from home for about 4 weeks, during conference calls it has been noted that work output has increased during this time.... less time chatting at the office coffee machine.. smoking breaks... sick time... time off looking after sick kids. Is now maybe is the time to reset life work balance ?
Life after lockdown on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 1205 viewsOccasional_Showers

If your wife can work from home, is it feasible to replace her with somebody for a fraction of the cost in India?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Life after lockdown on 20:59 - Apr 15 with 1189 viewsYarman

Life after lockdown on 20:51 - Apr 15 by Occasional_Showers

If your wife can work from home, is it feasible to replace her with somebody for a fraction of the cost in India?

I suppose so , but you could say that about any office based job.
Life after lockdown on 21:39 - Apr 15 with 1148 viewsthis_charming_man

Yes. A lot of what I do is around applications and remote working solutions. Demand has, unsurprisingly, sky rocketed since February and many organizations we work with including local government are recognising how productive employees are. No long commutes, no gossips, o extended lunch breaks or popping to a desk for a chat which last 30 mins. I’ve worked from home for years and get loads more done, provided you don’t sit on the sofa in front of the Telly. The biggest blockers around it were the trust issue of some employers and also the downtime of spinning up remote working solutions but with consumption models more available now and literally being able to spin up thousands of new users in under an hour the cost and downtime issue are no longer a problem.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Life after lockdown on 22:42 - Apr 15 with 1104 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Yes, I think it'll change the opinion of those stuck in their ways about working from home and it being 'a blocker to getting quality work done'.

I have been working from home for every job I've had for about 20-odd years. In every job, working from home has always been more productive as you're not interrupted and don't get distracted. The company I work for now has a "1 day a week WFH" rule which the board despise (they feel it should be never), but I now think they'll get it.

On the flip side, I also think a lot of people will give up their jobs and commuting to spend more time with families. It's certainly something I've been discussing at home.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Life after lockdown on 08:21 - Apr 16 with 1013 viewsCity_boy

I was fortunate to retire early at the end of Dec, and had grand plans for more travel and golf, which have been put on hold. I look forward to planning the next phase of my life. The lock down has enabled me to get all those jobs I had put off for years done.

After 35 years in the City, it has been nice to just slow down. In recent years the pressures and demands in the City (and I am sure else where) have increased significantly. I am sure many will reflect on this period and re-evaluate their lives and aspirations.

I worked for a company that actively encouraged working from home, so was used to doing 2 days at home a week. This was a nice balance. It enabled me to keep in touch with colleagues and friends (whilst keeping local public houses in business !) and have a rest from commuting,

I think you will see many companies adopt a more relaxed approach to home working, especially those in the City, that will save £100k's (if not millions) on office space and facilities.

Stay safe all .
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 8:22]
Life after lockdown on 09:51 - Apr 16 with 964 viewssolent_toffee

Life after lockdown on 22:42 - Apr 15 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Yes, I think it'll change the opinion of those stuck in their ways about working from home and it being 'a blocker to getting quality work done'.

I have been working from home for every job I've had for about 20-odd years. In every job, working from home has always been more productive as you're not interrupted and don't get distracted. The company I work for now has a "1 day a week WFH" rule which the board despise (they feel it should be never), but I now think they'll get it.

On the flip side, I also think a lot of people will give up their jobs and commuting to spend more time with families. It's certainly something I've been discussing at home.

I’ve been working from home for years but in a national role and can spend weeks on end travelling around the country delivering the same presentation at regional meetings. After this experience and the ease it has been to deliver presentations remotely, there is no way that I will be doing anywhere near the amount of travelling, hotel stays etc. Good news all round, to be fair.
Life after lockdown on 16:24 - Apr 16 with 904 viewsSalisburySaint

Life after lockdown on 09:51 - Apr 16 by solent_toffee

I’ve been working from home for years but in a national role and can spend weeks on end travelling around the country delivering the same presentation at regional meetings. After this experience and the ease it has been to deliver presentations remotely, there is no way that I will be doing anywhere near the amount of travelling, hotel stays etc. Good news all round, to be fair.

I’ve worked from home on odd days in the past and not enjoyed it that much, I do miss seeing colleagues.

But i’m Now into my fifth week of working from home. Got into a good routine and enjoying it, although still miss work colleagues and you can’t even catch up properly with mates at the weekend at the moment. I still get up same time but start at 7am because Works IT only any good before 9am, and finish around 4pm, so have plenty of time available in the evenings.

one thing I don’t miss is the 2 hour round trip to a from work everyday, and saving loads on fuel for car.

One things for sure will certainly work more form home in the future.
Life after lockdown on 16:29 - Apr 16 with 895 viewsthis_charming_man

Life after lockdown on 09:51 - Apr 16 by solent_toffee

I have a European role in my company and whilst i dont like the idea of being away from home, spending time at airports etc when i am there it is brilliant and one of the best bits of my job is working with the different cultures and markets and having good relationships with people all across Europe. They are talking about doing more of our jobs by VC and reducing travelling but i would really miss it. I do hope this means i dont have to go to the global conferences though as they are full of c*nts and a total waste of time, people just there to get p1ssed for a few days or try to prove how important they are.

Login to get fewer ads

Life after lockdown on 09:19 - Apr 17 with 807 viewsRon11

Life after lockdown on 16:29 - Apr 16 by this_charming_man

I have a European role in my company and whilst i dont like the idea of being away from home, spending time at airports etc when i am there it is brilliant and one of the best bits of my job is working with the different cultures and markets and having good relationships with people all across Europe. They are talking about doing more of our jobs by VC and reducing travelling but i would really miss it. I do hope this means i dont have to go to the global conferences though as they are full of c*nts and a total waste of time, people just there to get p1ssed for a few days or try to prove how important they are.

Not EU people surely?
Life after lockdown on 09:43 - Apr 17 with 800 viewsthis_charming_man

Life after lockdown on 09:19 - Apr 17 by Ron11

Not EU people surely?

mainly the yanks and arse licking english to be fair.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024