Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 Teem ......BREAKING ! 06:52 - Apr 19 with 1508 views1teeminants

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/southampton-set-put-up-sale-21889473

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 07:13 - Apr 19 with 1487 viewsdirk_doone

"Gao Jisheng has stepped up efforts to sell his 80% stake in the club"

We know that Gao is desperate to sell but Kat's 20% is still likely to be a massive stumbling block.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 8:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:15 - Apr 19 with 1350 viewsTripleNiemi

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 07:13 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

"Gao Jisheng has stepped up efforts to sell his 80% stake in the club"

We know that Gao is desperate to sell but Kat's 20% is still likely to be a massive stumbling block.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 8:43]

Part of me thinks this is good news (heart ruling my head) since let's be honest, this had to be some form of washing mission. The other part of me (head over heart) is fearful of what could happen ala Pompey with any new owners.

One thing is for sure, Gao or Kat never had any intentions of Saints actually pushing on to the next level. Absolute joke from start to finish. I wouldn't mind Kat buying Gao's shares back at a reduced rate - would be poetic if the Chinaman lost some of his investment. Zero interest in the club.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 9:16]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:15 - Apr 19 with 1350 viewsOlliekhent

I wonder how many people with that kind of money would even think to buy an EPL team right now? Even if we do manage to play out this season, the next two seasons could be very bumpy in terms of income if crowds are limited if allowed at all. 200m is not really much a bargain though is it.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:28 - Apr 19 with 1312 viewsdirk_doone

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:15 - Apr 19 by TripleNiemi

Part of me thinks this is good news (heart ruling my head) since let's be honest, this had to be some form of washing mission. The other part of me (head over heart) is fearful of what could happen ala Pompey with any new owners.

One thing is for sure, Gao or Kat never had any intentions of Saints actually pushing on to the next level. Absolute joke from start to finish. I wouldn't mind Kat buying Gao's shares back at a reduced rate - would be poetic if the Chinaman lost some of his investment. Zero interest in the club.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 9:16]

There is no way Kat is going to part with one penny of her precious money to buy out Gao.

Although she has already made around a quarter of a billion pounds out of her ownership of the club, I think her main priority will still be to see how much more money she can get out of it. Hanging on to that 20% was very astute because she can hold out for a much higher price than her share is worth. Any ambitious new owner is going to want to buy all of a football club, not just a share of it. Why would they want to buy just 80% of our club when they can buy 100% of another?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 9:37]

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 10:18 - Apr 19 with 1245 viewsTripleNiemi

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:28 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

There is no way Kat is going to part with one penny of her precious money to buy out Gao.

Although she has already made around a quarter of a billion pounds out of her ownership of the club, I think her main priority will still be to see how much more money she can get out of it. Hanging on to that 20% was very astute because she can hold out for a much higher price than her share is worth. Any ambitious new owner is going to want to buy all of a football club, not just a share of it. Why would they want to buy just 80% of our club when they can buy 100% of another?

So, if Kat had the option to buy back the 80% for less than she sold it for you think it would not be considered? She can then flog off lock, stock and barrel to some other lunatic that wants to try their hand at taking Saints to the next level

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 10:32 - Apr 19 with 1235 viewsSaintNick

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:28 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

I think you need to look at the situation a little bit more about what Kat has done for this club, she could have walked away in 2013 when Cortese had run wild after Markus death, at that point we would have gone bankrupt if she hadn't stepped in.

Why did she hang on to 20% ? you say to see if she could make any more money, that is actually not very astute, football clubs do not get bought by big rich owners any more, her 20% was not going to increase much, at the sale it was valued at £50 million so even a 20% increase would only make her another £10 million, she would have made more than that if she had cashed in 3 years ago and invested it .

She is not the stumbling block, she is actually the gatekeeper, if the right owner came in and the deal breaker was her 20% then she would sell, but even if she didn't 20% is far from a controlling interest so I think you are wide of the mark

I think some Saints fans have lost a sense of reality, all this talk of the next level etc, that is thrown about, just what is the next level ?

The truth is that the BIG Six are the big six as they have the long standing fanbase that can be utilised, a fan base that stands by the club through thick and thin, you can't buy supporters !

Everton, Villa & Newcastle have the fanbase, they have owners who have tried to take them to the ext level but haven't managed it despite throwing big money at it.

I'm sure you will now tell me that we should have expanded St Mary's etc etc and we would have 50,000 through the turnstiles every week, but that is a pipedream, we have good support, but it is not a the level of the Big Six and nowhere near the other three clubs mentioned

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 10:46 - Apr 19 with 1220 viewsTripleNiemi

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 10:32 - Apr 19 by SaintNick

I think you need to look at the situation a little bit more about what Kat has done for this club, she could have walked away in 2013 when Cortese had run wild after Markus death, at that point we would have gone bankrupt if she hadn't stepped in.

Why did she hang on to 20% ? you say to see if she could make any more money, that is actually not very astute, football clubs do not get bought by big rich owners any more, her 20% was not going to increase much, at the sale it was valued at £50 million so even a 20% increase would only make her another £10 million, she would have made more than that if she had cashed in 3 years ago and invested it .

She is not the stumbling block, she is actually the gatekeeper, if the right owner came in and the deal breaker was her 20% then she would sell, but even if she didn't 20% is far from a controlling interest so I think you are wide of the mark

I think some Saints fans have lost a sense of reality, all this talk of the next level etc, that is thrown about, just what is the next level ?

The truth is that the BIG Six are the big six as they have the long standing fanbase that can be utilised, a fan base that stands by the club through thick and thin, you can't buy supporters !

Everton, Villa & Newcastle have the fanbase, they have owners who have tried to take them to the ext level but haven't managed it despite throwing big money at it.

I'm sure you will now tell me that we should have expanded St Mary's etc etc and we would have 50,000 through the turnstiles every week, but that is a pipedream, we have good support, but it is not a the level of the Big Six and nowhere near the other three clubs mentioned

Absolutely not Nick, on the stadium i totally agree. For me expanding St. Marys should not even be on the agenda. The club throughout whoevers reign has got this element spot on. Until we see the place sold out consistently week in week out then it should be put to bed.

On Kat - again, i agree with you. To see some portions of the fan base vitriolically abuse her the way they have is nothing short of disgusting. Yes, she may want out, but whatever she decides it is her choice and fans should appreciate she held the reigns long after Markus sadly passed away.

The only minor gripe i do have (and tbh Kat may / may not have known but its irrelevant) is that Gao must have sold her a vision that amounted to a little more than what has been witnessed. Yes, rightly 'grow the club or continue organically), but i am sure she must have thought he would at least invest a few million into the team and facilities. I know he has said all the monies coming in csn be spent, but i am sure this was not what was being touted. Gao is not as bad as some make out so be careful what we wish for. I simply wuestion why he bothered in the first place hence my little poke at 'washing'.

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 11:09 - Apr 19 with 1191 viewsPatfromPoole

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 10:32 - Apr 19 by SaintNick

Careful Nick.

Don’t give Monsieur Cent Trente any ammo. We’ll end up with a 20-page thread with more implausible statistics.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 11:26 - Apr 19 with 1171 viewsNewdawn2014

" supposing is good, but finding out is better "
Mark Twain
1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 11:39 - Apr 19 with 1156 viewsOccasional_Showers

Liebherr will buy them back once he reduces it enough, as has been her plan all along. Nobody is going to want to buy an 80% stake with her hanging around.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 11:47 - Apr 19 with 1144 viewsSadoldgit

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:15 - Apr 19 by Olliekhent

I wonder how many people with that kind of money would even think to buy an EPL team right now? Even if we do manage to play out this season, the next two seasons could be very bumpy in terms of income if crowds are limited if allowed at all. 200m is not really much a bargain though is it.

And yet Ashley has found a buyer for Newcastle.
1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 12:18 - Apr 19 with 1121 viewsdirk_doone

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 11:47 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Yes, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Their oil will still be there when the rest of the world needs it.

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:28 - Apr 20 with 994 viewsSaintNick

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 11:47 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Ashley found a buyer but the deal has dragged on, he wants more than they are willing to offer , I think this one will go through,

Last year it looked like Sunderland had found rich new owners but that seems to have stalled and now they are left with a £12 million loan charged against the stadium to that consortium, even though it now seems that they won't proceed with the takeover.

Be careful what you wish for in a club owner

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:31 - Apr 20 with 991 viewsPatfromPoole

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 11:39 - Apr 19 by Occasional_Showers

Liebherr will buy them back once he reduces it enough, as has been her plan all along. Nobody is going to want to buy an 80% stake with her hanging around.

Would this be such a bad thing???

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:42 - Apr 20 with 978 viewsButty101

Theres a big assumption on here that Kat wanted to keep %. More likely Gao never had the money to buy her out right - hence she is stuck with them.

If Gao thinks hes going to get anything near what he paid, then he is crazy.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:47 - Apr 20 with 972 viewsthis_charming_man

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:42 - Apr 20 by Butty101

Theres a big assumption on here that Kat wanted to keep %. More likely Gao never had the money to buy her out right - hence she is stuck with them.

If Gao thinks hes going to get anything near what he paid, then he is crazy.

there was a rumour going round Kat was going to sue Goa and wanted to get the club back off him a few months ago.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 10:44 - Apr 20 with 937 viewsSaintNick

1 Teem ......BREAKING ! on 09:47 - Apr 20 by this_charming_man

there was a rumour going round Kat was going to sue Goa and wanted to get the club back off him a few months ago.

The rumour was based on the alleged fact that Go was struggling to get money out of China due to USA trade embargos meaning that the Chinese banned western investment, and he was unable to pay the final installment to Kat.

I was told that this issue has been sorted now, Im not sure what way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024