Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK Death toll 18:47 - May 6 with 5895 viewsYarman

l think you will find that the reason the death toll is so high now, is simply because one of the new directives for issuing a death certificate states that " Covid 19 can be put on the death certificate on clinical balance of probabilities, without testing".
So somewhat open to interpretation or manipulation , so not really accurate.
UK Death toll on 19:54 - May 6 with 3266 viewscmonusaints

Agreed. My wife works in a GP surgery and all care home deaths are currently being put down to COVID19. They have a number of care homes on their patch and the number of deaths they come into on a normal Monday morning is always into double figures. The care home deaths since the virus hit need to be compared against the average normal weekly deaths.
UK Death toll on 20:12 - May 6 with 3246 viewsdirk_doone

UK Death toll on 19:54 - May 6 by cmonusaints

Agreed. My wife works in a GP surgery and all care home deaths are currently being put down to COVID19. They have a number of care homes on their patch and the number of deaths they come into on a normal Monday morning is always into double figures. The care home deaths since the virus hit need to be compared against the average normal weekly deaths.

The UK weekly death rate from all causes, based on the number of death certificates, is double the normal, which is 24,000 v 12,000. So, just 12,000 extra deaths per week.

I don't think it serves any useful purpose to try to understate what is really happening. I'm totally behind the government and NHS's efforts to save lives and think it's important to support their view that this pandemic should not be taken lightly. As soon as people start saying it's not all that bad, more lives will unnecessarily be lost.

This is not about scoring political points: this is about all of our country coming together to save lives.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 20:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

UK Death toll on 20:17 - May 6 with 3229 viewsPatfromPoole

UK Death toll on 20:12 - May 6 by dirk_doone

The UK weekly death rate from all causes, based on the number of death certificates, is double the normal, which is 24,000 v 12,000. So, just 12,000 extra deaths per week.

I don't think it serves any useful purpose to try to understate what is really happening. I'm totally behind the government and NHS's efforts to save lives and think it's important to support their view that this pandemic should not be taken lightly. As soon as people start saying it's not all that bad, more lives will unnecessarily be lost.

This is not about scoring political points: this is about all of our country coming together to save lives.

Quite.

The likes of the absurd Peter Hitchens and dare I say the great Matt Le Tissier are really not helping the country in the slightest at the moment.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

UK Death toll on 20:33 - May 6 with 3195 viewsOccasional_Showers

Most people will soon have no choice but to get on with it once they’re back at work. I’m going to be getting in about 100 different cars every week. Visiting maybe 30 different dealerships. Interacting with people at different sites from ports, to factories, to prep centres, to airports, to auctions. Travelling the length and breadth of the country. Having to find places i.e motorway services to eat, sleep, shower.

Certain precautions can of course be taken I.e wearing blue gloves or using sanitiser, but wearing face masks is going to be impractical because they’re only designed to be worn then thrown away. Over the course of potentially a 15 hour day there could be 20 or 30 different scenarios where wearing a mask is needed. You can’t keep putting a fresh one on and I’m not wearing the same one all day or taking the same manky one on and off.

So I’m now comfortable in my head of what I’m going to do and that’s be pretty blasé about it because if in my position if I thought too much about it it’d drive me mad.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

UK Death toll on 20:56 - May 6 with 3167 viewsSadoldgit

UK Death toll on 20:33 - May 6 by Occasional_Showers

Most people will soon have no choice but to get on with it once they’re back at work. I’m going to be getting in about 100 different cars every week. Visiting maybe 30 different dealerships. Interacting with people at different sites from ports, to factories, to prep centres, to airports, to auctions. Travelling the length and breadth of the country. Having to find places i.e motorway services to eat, sleep, shower.

Certain precautions can of course be taken I.e wearing blue gloves or using sanitiser, but wearing face masks is going to be impractical because they’re only designed to be worn then thrown away. Over the course of potentially a 15 hour day there could be 20 or 30 different scenarios where wearing a mask is needed. You can’t keep putting a fresh one on and I’m not wearing the same one all day or taking the same manky one on and off.

So I’m now comfortable in my head of what I’m going to do and that’s be pretty blasé about it because if in my position if I thought too much about it it’d drive me mad.

It sounds like this puts you at quite a high risk.
UK Death toll on 21:17 - May 6 with 3148 viewsthis_charming_man

Agreed.

The problem this there are an awful lot of people not behind the government and NHS wanting to spread their agenda of doom.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

UK Death toll on 21:42 - May 6 with 3114 viewsOccasional_Showers

UK Death toll on 20:56 - May 6 by Sadoldgit

It sounds like this puts you at quite a high risk.

I have a choice. Moan and groan and bore everyone I work with to death, or adopt a stiff upper lip and get on with it.

UK Death toll on 22:10 - May 6 with 3088 viewsYarman

UK Death toll on 21:42 - May 6 by Occasional_Showers

I have a choice. Moan and groan and bore everyone I work with to death, or adopt a stiff upper lip and get on with it.

l know how you feel Oc/Sh... l have been working on site a fare bit since lock down,,,, its impossible to keep 2 m distance from each other.... and health and safety is worse now because we cant get face masks for dust control... hand gel ,,, chemical toilets cleaned, but like you say you just get on with it.
Login to get fewer ads

UK Death toll on 22:18 - May 6 with 3056 viewsDorsetIan

Agreed.

The problem is that there are an awful lot of people trying to deny the facts, stifle debate and who characterise everybody who isn't doing this as not being behind the government and the NHS, and of wanting to spread an agenda of doom.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

UK Death toll on 22:48 - May 6 with 3051 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

This. Some people STILL need to wake the f**k up and realise this is not normal.

I mean, today, my boss (c-level) declined a new hire who wanted to work at home more than 1 day a week post coronavirus. WTF? Seriously? Does he not realise that the world and working practices, shopping practices, EVERYTHING will have to change?

Too many people with their heads in the sand still.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

UK Death toll on 22:51 - May 6 with 3043 viewsthis_charming_man

UK Death toll on 22:48 - May 6 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This. Some people STILL need to wake the f**k up and realise this is not normal.

I mean, today, my boss (c-level) declined a new hire who wanted to work at home more than 1 day a week post coronavirus. WTF? Seriously? Does he not realise that the world and working practices, shopping practices, EVERYTHING will have to change?

Too many people with their heads in the sand still.

He won’t be able to recruit good staff soon. People in roles like ours where you can work from home will expect it, it was heading that way before hand but now that will accelerate.

UK Death toll on 23:29 - May 6 with 3028 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

UK Death toll on 22:51 - May 6 by this_charming_man

He won’t be able to recruit good staff soon. People in roles like ours where you can work from home will expect it, it was heading that way before hand but now that will accelerate.

Absolutely.

My response to that today was "well if I can't work from home at least 3 days a week and avoid commuting I'll need to evaluate my job". He went quiet.

I'm well aware I can be replaced and I am perfectly happy to sell up and move somewhere cheaper based on my house equity, but I do think more companies will evaluate their working practices than those that ignore the changes.

Our office is not fit for purpose, we can't distance, it's all very very close and shared. Depending on the rules the government come out with, I'm certain ours won't pass them.

UK Death toll on 23:43 - May 6 with 3004 viewsOccasional_Showers

What this graph shows is deaths per million people. The left have gleefully told us that the UK death toll is surging ahead of other countries but that is simply not true.

UK Death toll on 23:48 - May 6 with 3008 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

UK Death toll on 23:43 - May 6 by Occasional_Showers

What this graph shows is deaths per million people. The left have gleefully told us that the UK death toll is surging ahead of other countries but that is simply not true.

Plus it is impossible to compare. Strains, testing and density being just 3 factors.

UK Death toll on 23:52 - May 6 with 2994 viewsOccasional_Showers

UK Death toll on 23:48 - May 6 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Plus it is impossible to compare. Strains, testing and density being just 3 factors.

Strains is an interesting one. Europe and East Coast USA reportedly have a worse strain than Asia and West Coast USA. That graph looks remarkably illustrative of that.

UK Death toll on 08:52 - May 7 with 2884 viewsDorsetIan

The time for this sort of nonsense is past, Ignatius. Even the govt knows something has not gone right - you can see it in their eyes.

Let’s all just hope that the numbers continue to fall and that the things that Boris announces on Sunday allow us all to start getting back to normal as quickly and safely as possible.

UK Death toll on 09:11 - May 7 with 2873 viewssaint68

UK Death toll on 08:52 - May 7 by DorsetIan

The time for this sort of nonsense is past, Ignatius. Even the govt knows something has not gone right - you can see it in their eyes.

Let’s all just hope that the numbers continue to fall and that the things that Boris announces on Sunday allow us all to start getting back to normal as quickly and safely as possible.

I totally agree Ian, let's hope our friends neighbour's and loved ones come through this horrendous situation unscathed, and let's hope the jobs and infrastructure we all depend on are still there for us, then we can come together as a country and learn from every aspect of these past few months.

I'd prefer to see positivity and gratitude be the greatest lesson to be learnt from this tragic event...not blame and retribution.

Questions should and will be answered, but being consumed with rage and negativity have no valid role moving forward

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

UK Death toll on 09:14 - May 7 with 2872 viewsSadoldgit

“Gleefully”? I don’t see any gloating over the mortality rate. The figure is rightly concerning. It would be odd not to comment on it. I think everybody wishes it was lower. You accuse the Left of politicising but that is precisely what you are doing.
UK Death toll on 09:15 - May 7 with 2856 viewsOccasional_Showers

UK Death toll on 09:14 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

“Gleefully”? I don’t see any gloating over the mortality rate. The figure is rightly concerning. It would be odd not to comment on it. I think everybody wishes it was lower. You accuse the Left of politicising but that is precisely what you are doing.

Wind your neck in. You are loving all these deaths. Your fake concern fools nobody.

UK Death toll on 09:17 - May 7 with 2864 viewsSadoldgit

UK Death toll on 09:15 - May 7 by Occasional_Showers

Wind your neck in. You are loving all these deaths. Your fake concern fools nobody.

You really are a deeply unpleasant human being Dune.
UK Death toll on 09:24 - May 7 with 2843 viewsOccasional_Showers

UK Death toll on 09:17 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

You really are a deeply unpleasant human being Dune.

I’m glad you think so because I think what people like you are doing is disgusting. To use people’s lives to score points scrapes the barrel. You are loving this pandemic, that’s is as clear as day to see. You disgust me.

UK Death toll on 09:52 - May 7 with 2832 viewsSadoldgit

UK Death toll on 09:24 - May 7 by Occasional_Showers

I’m glad you think so because I think what people like you are doing is disgusting. To use people’s lives to score points scrapes the barrel. You are loving this pandemic, that’s is as clear as day to see. You disgust me.

In years to come - What did you do in the great Coronavirus outbreak of 2020 grandma?

I worked as a nurse in an ICU treating covid-19 victims, monitoring their ventilators and holding their hands to comfort them when they were to ill and slipping away.

What did you do in the great Coronavirus outbreak of 2020 Grandpa Dune?

I got up at 8am, logged on to my PC and abused complete strangers with different opinions to my own all day long, every day.

I am sure your family and friends are all very proud of you.
UK Death toll on 10:00 - May 7 with 2818 viewsthis_charming_man

UK Death toll on 09:52 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

In years to come - What did you do in the great Coronavirus outbreak of 2020 grandma?

I worked as a nurse in an ICU treating covid-19 victims, monitoring their ventilators and holding their hands to comfort them when they were to ill and slipping away.

I got up at 8am, logged on to my PC and abused complete strangers with different opinions to my own all day long, every day.

I am sure your family and friends are all very proud of you.

I got up at 8am, logged on to my PC and talked endlessly on a mongboard about how terrible everything was, slagging off everyone and anything in the government (i am a Tory hater you see). Churchill spirit? Not for me, i'd rather spread my message of doom to anyone who will listen making a bad situation even worse and if anyone dared challenge me i called them a WUM, Troll or having a slavish support for the government.

I am sure your family and friends are all very proud of you

UK Death toll on 10:16 - May 7 with 2805 viewsDorsetIan

UK Death toll on 09:24 - May 7 by Occasional_Showers

I'm really not sure where you and TCM get off on all this.

The country is coming together, people (including the govt) are recognising that things have not gone swimmingly but they are still trying to support the govt and the scientists, all of whom are doing their best. The fact that they know they are on the back foot is making them up their game, which can only be good.

You two meanwhile seem intent on always still stirring up some kind divide about this, painting all critics are lefties, moaners, pandemic-lovers and feigning disgust.

What it with you - were you bullied by socialists as children or something?

Grow up, the pair of you.

UK Death toll on 10:18 - May 7 with 2803 viewsDorsetIan

UK Death toll on 09:11 - May 7 by saint68

I totally agree Ian, let's hope our friends neighbour's and loved ones come through this horrendous situation unscathed, and let's hope the jobs and infrastructure we all depend on are still there for us, then we can come together as a country and learn from every aspect of these past few months.

I'd prefer to see positivity and gratitude be the greatest lesson to be learnt from this tragic event...not blame and retribution.

Questions should and will be answered, but being consumed with rage and negativity have no valid role moving forward

Thanks Saint68. It is good that we can agree on something for a change.

Have a good bank holiday weekend.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024