Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clapping 20:03 - May 7 with 3579 viewsthis_charming_man

Who still does it? It’s pure virtue signaling now. Some coont in our street has started singing with a full on amp and mic. He got a few claps 3 weeks ago and is at it again now FFS

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Clapping on 08:36 - May 23 with 705 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 08:25 - May 23 by cynicalsaint

'Hero' is a bit strong but agree we should applaud everyone / anyone making a contribution to getting things moving again. We all have a part to play.

Absolutely, our warehouse and offices were fully sanitised and professionally cleaned yesterday in preparation for all of our team returning on Tuesday. We can't sit around and wait for the virus to die out, as we could be waiting years.

I'm lucky that all of our team are raring to get back to work. I think many people however will have become addicted to furlough payments and some businesses are really going to struggle in getting their workforce back.

Poll: Claude Puel

Clapping on 08:39 - May 23 with 702 viewsHeisenberg

Clapping on 07:53 - May 23 by Occasional_Showers

Fine, I’m back working like a Trojan. In these uncertain times you’ve got to knuckle down and get on with it. I was one of the first called back as they obviously want the cream in first. I’m being run by a manager as it’s a skeletal office and am being a proper ‘yes man’. If redundancies are on the horizon you need to keep your nose clean. I was complimenting my manager on how much better it had been since she took over and found out I was mentioned by her in dispatches for just getting on with it and not complaining.#suckingupwhenitmatters

Running Dog.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Clapping on 08:50 - May 23 with 685 viewsSalisburySaint

Looks like it could end soon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52773032
Clapping on 08:56 - May 23 with 673 viewsVagina_Dentata

Clapping on 08:10 - May 23 by Boris_

Whilst I don't think ALL teachers are bone idle idiots, there is most definitely a large group of teachers who sour the name for the others who do work incredibly hard.

With teaching, if you are bone idle and chose the job for the long holidays and decent pension then you can make the job very cushy for yourself. If you're hard working and in it for the right reasons then I have no doubt you''re working long hours.

I don't go out and 'clap' now as it has been hijacked by the likes of teachers who most definitely aren't frontline key workers.

When we look back, those who rose to the challenge and will be remembered fondly are the NHS, Care Workers and Supermarket/Shop workers. Teachers don't deserve a mention and in fact will be remembered as those who made any excuse possible NOT to go back to work full-time.

According to the figures in the Daily Mail, around 10% of teachers have not been providing enough work for the pupils. If true, worrying yes, but nowhere near the majority.

I completely agree about the clapping, however. All schools will have been running on skeleton staff. Clap individuals if you wish, the rest of the 90% will have been safely working from home.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Clapping on 09:43 - May 23 with 644 viewsOccasional_Showers

Clapping on 08:39 - May 23 by Heisenberg

Running Dog.

It’s all about supply and demand. Just like when floods of Eastern European’s weakened the hand of the British worker, a recession and job losses has exactly the same effect.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Clapping on 10:36 - May 23 with 604 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 08:36 - May 23 by Boris_

Absolutely, our warehouse and offices were fully sanitised and professionally cleaned yesterday in preparation for all of our team returning on Tuesday. We can't sit around and wait for the virus to die out, as we could be waiting years.

I'm lucky that all of our team are raring to get back to work. I think many people however will have become addicted to furlough payments and some businesses are really going to struggle in getting their workforce back.

Workshy and lazy Britain eh? You have a very low opinion of your fellow Brits Boris. Still, at least your namesake isn’t like that. D’oh!
Clapping on 10:45 - May 23 with 604 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 10:36 - May 23 by Sadoldgit

Workshy and lazy Britain eh? You have a very low opinion of your fellow Brits Boris. Still, at least your namesake isn’t like that. D’oh!

Are you suggesting that the nation is raring to go back to work after 2 months off in the sun on 80% pay?

You're not very bright, are you?

Clapping on 10:48 - May 23 with 600 viewsVagina_Dentata

Clapping on 10:45 - May 23 by Boris_

Are you suggesting that the nation is raring to go back to work after 2 months off in the sun on 80% pay?

You’ve said your staff are. 90% of teachers are according to figures in the Daily Mail. Dune has shown what an impeccable chap he is by rushing back to work. The evidence says the nation can’t wait to return to work.

Login to get fewer ads

Clapping on 14:31 - May 23 with 551 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 10:45 - May 23 by Boris_

You clearly have a poor and ill informed view of your fellow Brits. We all have bills to pay which is why most of us work in the first place. Some even love their jobs, like teachers. Once more, one of your wild generalisations is very wide of the mark.
Clapping on 14:36 - May 23 with 557 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 14:31 - May 23 by Sadoldgit

You clearly have a poor and ill informed view of your fellow Brits. We all have bills to pay which is why most of us work in the first place. Some even love their jobs, like teachers. Once more, one of your wild generalisations is very wide of the mark.

I'll bookmark this and re-visit once people are forced to go back to work, shall we?

Some teachers love their jobs and are no doubt very good at it, others are lazy and cowardly layabouts who are in their profession for no other reason than a cushy job with lots of holiday and a nice pension.

Clapping on 17:40 - May 23 with 517 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 14:36 - May 23 by Boris_

I'll bookmark this and re-visit once people are forced to go back to work, shall we?

Some teachers love their jobs and are no doubt very good at it, others are lazy and cowardly layabouts who are in their profession for no other reason than a cushy job with lots of holiday and a nice pension.

Once again, the lazy comments of a generalising right wing Mail reader. Nice use of the word “forced” to go back to work. I am really surprised that you can get anyone to work for you. Perhaps if they read your posts they will see what kind of boss you are and find employment with someone who doesn’t see employees as workshy, lazy shysters.
Clapping on 19:09 - May 23 with 499 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 17:40 - May 23 by Sadoldgit

Once again, the lazy comments of a generalising right wing Mail reader. Nice use of the word “forced” to go back to work. I am really surprised that you can get anyone to work for you. Perhaps if they read your posts they will see what kind of boss you are and find employment with someone who doesn’t see employees as workshy, lazy shysters.

You managed to mention Daily Mail again. Are you obsessed with the Daily Mail or something? I think you mention it in every other thread.

I am sure out team would be delighted to see that on several occasions I have commented how lucky I am to have a motivated team who are raring to get back to work and normality.

You're a proper oddball, aren't you? I am starting to think maybe you're Bradley, as he was an obsessive freak as well.

Clapping on 19:13 - May 23 with 491 viewsgrumpy

'cushy job'are you serious?

'Walk a mile in his moccasins'before you say that.
Clapping on 00:02 - May 24 with 450 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 19:09 - May 23 by Boris_

You managed to mention Daily Mail again. Are you obsessed with the Daily Mail or something? I think you mention it in every other thread.

I am sure out team would be delighted to see that on several occasions I have commented how lucky I am to have a motivated team who are raring to get back to work and normality.

You're a proper oddball, aren't you? I am starting to think maybe you're Bradley, as he was an obsessive freak as well.

No I’m not obsessed with it but when I read your posts it’s like reading the Daily Mail. You are the one with the obsession. You see workshy, lazy Brits around every corner. You clearly have a problem with people in the teaching profession. People like you really should not be employing staff if you have such a low opinion of your fellow human beings.
Clapping on 00:20 - May 24 with 446 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The teacher pension isn't great, what makes you think it's nice?
[Post edited 24 May 2020 8:29]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Clapping on 09:49 - May 24 with 385 viewsBilly_Kimber

Clapping on 11:39 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

What an odd thing to say. We are not all self obsessed narcissists. There are a lot of elderly people in the village and it gives us all a chance to interconnect on a human level once a week. Is that such a terrible thing? I guess those of us who still clap on Thursdays have been added to the ever growing list (along with workshy and lazy teachers, Jeremy Corbyn’s brother, people going to the beach) for those of you of a certain political persuasion to pour scorn over.

So not about the NHS then it’s about you.
Clapping on 09:51 - May 24 with 379 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 09:49 - May 24 by Billy_Kimber

So not about the NHS then it’s about you.

Why would you say that? Where do I say that it is about me? It is about everybody - apart from Dune who is out booing the teachers.
Clapping on 10:08 - May 24 with 368 viewsOccasional_Showers

Clapping on 09:51 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

Why would you say that? Where do I say that it is about me? It is about everybody - apart from Dune who is out booing the teachers.

You’re getting all confused now. Perhaps it’s time for a little morning sleep?

Clapping on 10:16 - May 24 with 358 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 10:08 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

You’re getting all confused now. Perhaps it’s time for a little morning sleep?

Confused about what exactly Dune? Are you saying that you didn’t suggest that teachers get booed on a Thursday evening?
Clapping on 10:20 - May 24 with 355 viewsOccasional_Showers

Clapping on 10:16 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

Confused about what exactly Dune? Are you saying that you didn’t suggest that teachers get booed on a Thursday evening?

I suggested Friday evening, you’re getting it all muddled up soggy.

Clapping on 10:21 - May 24 with 354 viewsJaySaint

Thursday clapping was/is nothing to do with teachers. Any suggestions that it is, is to hijack the event itself.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Clapping on 10:21 - May 24 with 354 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 00:20 - May 24 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The teacher pension isn't great, what makes you think it's nice?
[Post edited 24 May 2020 8:29]

It's a darn site better than most private pensions.

Clapping on 10:24 - May 24 with 341 viewsVagina_Dentata

Clapping on 10:21 - May 24 by JaySaint

Thursday clapping was/is nothing to do with teachers. Any suggestions that it is, is to hijack the event itself.

Maybe people just used sensible interpretations of the clapping guidelines?

Clapping on 10:25 - May 24 with 336 viewsOccasional_Showers

Clapping on 10:21 - May 24 by JaySaint

The day they’re included in it is the day it becomes ridiculous. It’s an insult to the NHS to even suggest they are included.

Clapping on 10:28 - May 24 with 328 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 10:16 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

May I ask, at what point will you be exiting your lockdown?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024