Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second wave 21:06 - May 20 with 6261 viewsPatfromPoole

Give it 2-3 weeks.

Bournemouth / Poole will be full of it.

Drove past Bournemouth Pier at 11.30am this morning and it was a moment of despair.....

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18462766.coronavirus-concerns-crowds-pack

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Second wave on 21:12 - May 20 with 2068 viewsBoris_

Lots of pictures of people outdoors ( low risk ) and spread out across the beach ( all but eliminating the risk ) in warm sunshine ( even less risk of the virus transmitting ) .

People need to calm the f*ck down FFS.

This 'second wave' won't happen in any nation, anywhere in the world. The virus might bump up and down, we may even end up in a form of lockdown again at some point but why do people honestly fear this 'second wave' ? It's a government message to keep people believing in the lockdowns... it's never going to happen.

Poll: Claude Puel

Second wave on 21:21 - May 20 with 2058 viewsPatfromPoole

Second wave on 21:12 - May 20 by Boris_

Lots of pictures of people outdoors ( low risk ) and spread out across the beach ( all but eliminating the risk ) in warm sunshine ( even less risk of the virus transmitting ) .

People need to calm the f*ck down FFS.

This 'second wave' won't happen in any nation, anywhere in the world. The virus might bump up and down, we may even end up in a form of lockdown again at some point but why do people honestly fear this 'second wave' ? It's a government message to keep people believing in the lockdowns... it's never going to happen.

It’s a consistent message from the epidemiologists.

Who seem to be becoming ever more removed from the Government by the day, you should be noticing.

Massive divide forming between the Government and the scientists. Watch the blame game over the next few weeks and months.

The scientists will be proved right, I suspect.

Second wave on 21:25 - May 20 with 2050 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 21:21 - May 20 by PatfromPoole

It’s a consistent message from the epidemiologists.

Who seem to be becoming ever more removed from the Government by the day, you should be noticing.

Massive divide forming between the Government and the scientists. Watch the blame game over the next few weeks and months.

The scientists will be proved right, I suspect.

It's a consistent message as it's the easiest way to get people to follow government advice.

Considering the government and epidemiologists are literally following this virus like a hawk, do you honestly think that it will get back to peak levels without social distancing coming in to force to prevent that?

Remember that the virus was in the country for AT LEAST 3 months with us all carrying on as normal, going to football, concerts, pubs etc to get to the peak 4 weeks ago.

Cases might rise again at some point but it's scaremongering to suggest it will get anywhere near it was at its peak.

Second wave on 21:42 - May 20 with 2023 viewsSadoldgit

The experts are saying that a second wave is “almost inevitable” and possibly a third.
Second wave on 21:42 - May 20 with 2025 viewsPatfromPoole

Second wave on 21:25 - May 20 by Boris_

It's a consistent message as it's the easiest way to get people to follow government advice.

Considering the government and epidemiologists are literally following this virus like a hawk, do you honestly think that it will get back to peak levels without social distancing coming in to force to prevent that?

Remember that the virus was in the country for AT LEAST 3 months with us all carrying on as normal, going to football, concerts, pubs etc to get to the peak 4 weeks ago.

Cases might rise again at some point but it's scaremongering to suggest it will get anywhere near it was at its peak.

We’ll see.

But in the space of 10 days we have gone from “Stay Alert” (whatever that means) to thousands taking to the beaches.

It will be very fortunate if this doesn’t go pear-shaped.

Second wave on 21:44 - May 20 with 2017 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 21:42 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

The experts are saying that a second wave is “almost inevitable” and possibly a third.

Willing to bet you £1000 that we won't hit the same 7 day figure we had when the virus peaked ever again. I'll give you 12 months to beat it. If not, you owe a charity of my choice £1000. Deal?

You've been completely lured in by the propaganda to get people to follow the rules, haven't you?

Second wave on 21:46 - May 20 with 2014 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 21:42 - May 20 by PatfromPoole

We’ll see.

But in the space of 10 days we have gone from “Stay Alert” (whatever that means) to thousands taking to the beaches.

I'm not having a pop mush. I just don't fall for the government propaganda that there is going to be a second and third wave. We'll be socially distancing in some form until a vaccine. The pictures I saw were people mainly keeping away from each other but of course the scaremongering media took them at an angle to suggest differently.

Second wave on 21:47 - May 20 with 2015 viewssolent_toffee

Second wave on 21:44 - May 20 by Boris_

Willing to bet you £1000 that we won't hit the same 7 day figure we had when the virus peaked ever again. I'll give you 12 months to beat it. If not, you owe a charity of my choice £1000. Deal?

You've been completely lured in by the propaganda to get people to follow the rules, haven't you?

Do the bookies offer odds on this type of bet? With no sport happening at the moment it could be a thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Second wave on 21:51 - May 20 with 1997 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 21:47 - May 20 by solent_toffee

Do the bookies offer odds on this type of bet? With no sport happening at the moment it could be a thing.

I find it incredible that anyone genuinely things that things will get as bad as they were at the peak again. It's propaganda to try and enforce social distancing.

I'd happily put £1000 on with anyone that will take the bet.

Second wave on 21:52 - May 20 with 1993 viewsPatfromPoole

Second wave on 21:46 - May 20 by Boris_

I'm not having a pop mush. I just don't fall for the government propaganda that there is going to be a second and third wave. We'll be socially distancing in some form until a vaccine. The pictures I saw were people mainly keeping away from each other but of course the scaremongering media took them at an angle to suggest differently.

That’s my point though.

The government have moved away from the “there will be a second wave” mantra, as The Treasury is totally skint and the furlough scheme is costing about the same as the NHS.

It’s the epidemiologists who are saying there will be a second wave.

I know who I would think is more likely to be telling the truth.

Second wave on 21:52 - May 20 with 1993 viewssaint22

Second wave on 21:42 - May 20 by PatfromPoole

We’ll see.

Watch all the numpties treat this weekends holiday as a call to return to normality
Second wave on 21:57 - May 20 with 1981 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 21:52 - May 20 by PatfromPoole

That’s my point though.

The government have moved away from the “there will be a second wave” mantra, as The Treasury is totally skint and the furlough scheme is costing about the same as the NHS.

It’s the epidemiologists who are saying there will be a second wave.

I know who I would think is more likely to be telling the truth.

I just try and apply common sense and rational thinking without a political bias ( hence I am criticising the government on this occasion for the propaganda )

It took at least 3 months for us to get to the peak a few weeks ago. 3 months of completely normal living with no restrictions. For it to get as bad again, we'd need to return to complete normality ( including flights in from other countries with serious infection rates at a level of people that were coming in from China )

Unless there is a horrendous mutation of the virus that really intensifies how contagious it is, then it's almost impossible to have a second wave ( in my opinion ).

Second wave on 21:57 - May 20 with 1984 viewssolent_toffee

Second wave on 21:51 - May 20 by Boris_

I find it incredible that anyone genuinely things that things will get as bad as they were at the peak again. It's propaganda to try and enforce social distancing.

I'd happily put £1000 on with anyone that will take the bet.

If you can bet on whether there is a snowflake on the BT tower or whatever constitutes a White Christmas then the second coming of a pandemic should be okay.
Second wave on 22:07 - May 20 with 1963 viewsSadoldgit

Second wave on 21:44 - May 20 by Boris_

Chris Whitty himself is saying a second wave could be worse than the first. You know, the bloke who advises our Prime Minister.
Second wave on 22:09 - May 20 with 1960 viewsBoris_

Second wave on 22:07 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

Chris Whitty himself is saying a second wave could be worse than the first. You know, the bloke who advises our Prime Minister.

Easy money for you then!

Do we have a bet?

Second wave on 22:11 - May 20 with 1960 viewsdirk_doone

I admire your optimism, Boris, and d'you know what , I think you could be right. The funny thing about all of the previous global pandemics: Typhus, Smallpox, the Black Death, Spanish Flu etc, is that one day they just went away. Such are the mysteries of life and death.

[Post edited 21 May 2020 0:02]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Second wave on 22:19 - May 20 with 1936 viewsSadoldgit

Second wave on 22:09 - May 20 by Boris_

Easy money for you then!

Do we have a bet?

I’m not a betting man Boris, so no. I have no idea what will happen with this virus but it is entirely possible that once lockdown is lifted, it could hit just as hard again.
Second wave on 22:25 - May 20 with 1923 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Second wave on 21:42 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

Absolutely - and after what I've seen today, these numpties will kick start it if they haven't already during VE Day 75.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Second wave on 22:58 - May 20 with 1890 viewsBuggalugs

Second wave on 22:25 - May 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely - and after what I've seen today, these numpties will kick start it if they haven't already during VE Day 75.

What a few people having tea parties in their front gardens and doing a conga down the street on VE day are going to be responsible for kick starting a second wave?

I’m with Boris_ on this; the hysteria is well over the top now and we’ll get nowhere near the figures we’ve already had in the coming weeks and months. I get it the vulnerable are scared, but it’s time for the majority to stop using this as an excuse not to work and get back to helping the economy recover.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Second wave on 23:08 - May 20 with 1876 viewsPatfromPoole

Second wave on 22:58 - May 20 by Buggalugs

What a few people having tea parties in their front gardens and doing a conga down the street on VE day are going to be responsible for kick starting a second wave?

I’m with Boris_ on this; the hysteria is well over the top now and we’ll get nowhere near the figures we’ve already had in the coming weeks and months. I get it the vulnerable are scared, but it’s time for the majority to stop using this as an excuse not to work and get back to helping the economy recover.

I do think we are going back here to the “herd immunity” concept.

Which is what the Government were initially in favour of until they shat themselves when they were told it would result in 500,000 deaths....

Second wave on 23:16 - May 20 with 1872 viewsdirk_doone

Second wave on 23:08 - May 20 by PatfromPoole

Which is what the Government were initially in favour of until they shat themselves when they were told it would result in 500,000 deaths....

References to 'they' are in effect just references to Dominic Cummings. He is the man making the decisions.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 5:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Second wave on 23:23 - May 20 with 1857 viewsBuggalugs

Second wave on 23:08 - May 20 by PatfromPoole

The virus has been around since December, so for a good 3 months before any sort of restrictions were implemented. Herd immunity must already be at quite an advanced stage.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Second wave on 00:07 - May 21 with 1813 viewsDorsetIan

Second wave on 21:25 - May 20 by Boris_

There is a idea developing that the virus was here in large numbers for much longer than we thought - as you say, some are saying months. But there was a comment on the radio today to the effect that the numbers/timings of deaths don’t support that. Thats to say, if the virus was here earlier, there should have been deaths earlier than we saw. I think they have a pretty good handle on the timeline of catching-falling ill-dying, so they will also have a good handle on when the virus was here in what numbers.

The other point is that we reached the first peak from a standing start. There is much greater incidence of the virus in the country now, so if the transmission rate increases, you get to another peak quicker.

As long as we keep distancing and hand washing and isolating those with symptoms, I tend to agree that we should be able to keep the numbers falling, but the risk of a second peak is definitely still there, so there’s no room for complacency.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Second wave on 06:46 - May 21 with 1729 viewsarfurdent

at least the second wave will mean that next summer the car parks will be easier to park in and queues for Asda will have gone

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Second wave on 07:31 - May 21 with 1699 viewskentsouthampton

Second wave on 23:23 - May 20 by Buggalugs

The virus has been around since December, so for a good 3 months before any sort of restrictions were implemented. Herd immunity must already be at quite an advanced stage.

A massive two percent are thought to have been infected according to all the experts, two percent and fifty thousand plus deaths.
By the time we get to ten percent that equates to a quarter of a million dead.
But then what do viral experts know when faced with the superior knowledge of joeys on a mongboard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024