Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings 18:48 - May 27 with 3611 viewsBazza

Guilty of breaching impartiality guidelines in item about Cummings on Tuesday's Newsnight. Disgusting that BBC allowed this especially from such a high earning individual(unelected). Polluting the airwaves with biased statements. Possibility of millions being misled. I'm looking forward to a immediate public apology and resignation.
Never been so shocked since my mum told me where babies came from!
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:51 - May 27 with 2851 viewssaint22

Sacked for telling the truth? Biased maybe but the truth hurts. I am sure if she stands by what she says, has no regrets and doesn't apologise she should be fine
Cummings goes she goes
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:59 - May 27 with 2847 viewsJaySaint

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:51 - May 27 by saint22

Sacked for telling the truth? Biased maybe but the truth hurts. I am sure if she stands by what she says, has no regrets and doesn't apologise she should be fine
Cummings goes she goes

if she is telling the truth, why have the BBC apologised.

amazing turn of events, BBC demanding an apology have now had to issue one themselves
[Post edited 27 May 2020 19:02]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:59 - May 27 with 2844 viewsBoris_

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:51 - May 27 by saint22

Cummings goes she goes

When are you going to tell the truth instead of pretending your a successful business high flyer who only flies first class Benjamin?

Poll: Claude Puel

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 19:53 - May 27 with 2789 viewsSadoldgit

Good to see a journalist doing her job and holding a government wrong doer to account for his actions. She shouldn't be sacked, she should be promoted and given a pay rise.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 20:38 - May 27 with 2746 viewsBazza

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 19:53 - May 27 by Sadoldgit

Good to see a journalist doing her job and holding a government wrong doer to account for his actions. She shouldn't be sacked, she should be promoted and given a pay rise.

Opinion is no more the truth that the biased nonsense you often write
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 07:18 - May 28 with 2661 viewskentsouthampton

Someone needs to have a word with Farage when he presents his LBC show.
Or is it one rule for him and another for Emily Maitlis.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 08:21 - May 28 with 2633 viewsJaySaint

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 07:18 - May 28 by kentsouthampton

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 08:25 - May 28 with 2622 viewsOccasional_Showers

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 07:18 - May 28 by kentsouthampton

It's completely different as the BBC is supposed to be an impartial publicly funded broadcaster. It always has been a left wing broadcaster though. It's high time it was privatised.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Login to get fewer ads

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:04 - May 28 with 2604 viewsPatfromPoole

Emily Maitlis.

Deffo gets in a Top 3 of TV political journos who are pleasing on the eye:-

1. Kate McCann (on SKY; not Madeleine’s Mum.....)
2. Sophy Ridge
3. Emily Maitlis

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:15 - May 28 with 2582 viewskingslandstand1

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:04 - May 28 by PatfromPoole

Emily Maitlis.

Deffo gets in a Top 3 of TV political journos who are pleasing on the eye:-

1. Kate McCann (on SKY; not Madeleine’s Mum.....)
2. Sophy Ridge
3. Emily Maitlis

I think EM is a guilty secret tp be honest
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:17 - May 28 with 2579 viewsJaySaint

no one has a thing for Beff?

what about Laura K?

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:23 - May 28 with 2569 viewsPatfromPoole

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:17 - May 28 by JaySaint

no one has a thing for Beff?

what about Laura K?

There is something about Laura K, for sure. Definitely growing on me.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:37 - May 28 with 2564 viewsBazza

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:23 - May 28 by PatfromPoole

Pat, pleased to see your astute diversion of this topic onto a much more interesting angle though liking Maitlis and Laura K would send me to Specsavers
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:43 - May 28 with 2556 viewsSadoldgit

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 08:25 - May 28 by Occasional_Showers

It's completely different as the BBC is supposed to be an impartial publicly funded broadcaster. It always has been a left wing broadcaster though. It's high time it was privatised.

And yet the left wing say it is too biased towards the right. What about national newspapers? How do you feel about the ownership of the media given that the Mail, Express, Sun, Times and Telegraph all broadly support your party. The is precious little support in the media in this country for anything other than the Tory party. So much for balance.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:44 - May 28 with 2557 viewsgrumpy

Isabel Webster sends me to a cold shower,
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:59 - May 28 with 2551 viewsJaySaint

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:23 - May 28 by PatfromPoole

not Beff?

FFS

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:00 - May 29 with 2454 viewsRon11

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 19:53 - May 27 by Sadoldgit

Out of our licence money, which I don't pay for to be fed biased political shit whether I want it or not.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:10 - May 29 with 2441 viewsSadoldgit

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:00 - May 29 by Ron11

Out of our licence money, which I don't pay for to be fed biased political shit whether I want it or not.

Was it biased though Ron? Was what she said true or just her opinion? I don’t believe that she said anything that the rest of us aren’t saying. Would you rather have an honest journalist or a PM who shuts down legitimate questions to people employed specifically to answer questions? If Purim behaved like this we would all be tutting and saying how bad the far left is but because this is cuddly, loveable, shaggable, Latin quoting Boris we just let him get away with something far worse than the Maitlis situation.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:26 - May 29 with 2430 viewsJaySaint

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:10 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

Was it biased though Ron? Was what she said true or just her opinion? I don’t believe that she said anything that the rest of us aren’t saying. Would you rather have an honest journalist or a PM who shuts down legitimate questions to people employed specifically to answer questions? If Purim behaved like this we would all be tutting and saying how bad the far left is but because this is cuddly, loveable, shaggable, Latin quoting Boris we just let him get away with something far worse than the Maitlis situation.

if you want journalists to give their opinion, you have plenty of outlets to chose from.

BBC is not there for that, for either side of a debate. Im sure you have been 'sickened' in the past of their treatment of Jeremy et al?

BBC needs a massive kick up the arse; such a massively bloated/wasteful organisation that can be so much better, for everyone.

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:37 - May 29 with 2423 viewsgrumpy

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:26 - May 29 by JaySaint

if you want journalists to give their opinion, you have plenty of outlets to chose from.

BBC is not there for that, for either side of a debate. Im sure you have been 'sickened' in the past of their treatment of Jeremy et al?

BBC needs a massive kick up the arse; such a massively bloated/wasteful organisation that can be so much better, for everyone.

Really! The BBC is respected and loved all round the world,the BBC World service is listened to by millions round the world.

What has happened lately is a disgrace and your asking presenters to carry on as if there's little wrong.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:37 - May 29 with 2423 viewsSadoldgit

She was only saying what most of the country is saying. Andrew Neil is a journalist. Was he being “impartial” when he tore into Corbyn in their pre election interview? Or is that ok because it was a leftie being attacked?
Look at the polls. Look sat the public reaction. She was spot on in her assessment. My local MP is Tory, even he thinks that Cummings broke the rules and should either resigned or should be sacked.
The government is there to be held to account for their actions. Both Cummings and Johnson have stuck two fingers up to the whole country. What would be surprising is if the BBC didn’t echo the anger about the behaviour of people behaving as if the rules do not apply to them.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:54 - May 29 with 2408 viewsRon11

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:10 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

Whether biased or not, it certainly appeared to be her opinion. I don't want to be lectured on the thoughts and politics of a representative of an organisation by whom I am forced by law to pay a yearly fee just to be allowed to watch it.
If they want to promote a political direction and shove it down our throats then remove the licence fee and they can be free to get on with it. Otherwise, shut the f*ck up.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:59 - May 29 with 2407 viewsBoris_

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:37 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

She was only saying what most of the country is saying. Andrew Neil is a journalist. Was he being “impartial” when he tore into Corbyn in their pre election interview? Or is that ok because it was a leftie being attacked?
Look at the polls. Look sat the public reaction. She was spot on in her assessment. My local MP is Tory, even he thinks that Cummings broke the rules and should either resigned or should be sacked.
The government is there to be held to account for their actions. Both Cummings and Johnson have stuck two fingers up to the whole country. What would be surprising is if the BBC didn’t echo the anger about the behaviour of people behaving as if the rules do not apply to them.

Cummings isn't going anywhere. Time to move on you soppy tart.

Poll: Claude Puel

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:09 - May 29 with 2395 viewsMessysaints

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:37 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

You want some one sacked for a minor breach of lock down rules lol, so he needs a far far greater punishment than members of the public? Now who is being unfair... Hundreds of thousands of ppl have got away with warnings, business eg pubs get away with warnings for the first time, but a government advisor needs to be sacked for a far lessor breach, get a grip.

Bunch of c u next Tuesdays....
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:18 - May 29 with 2383 viewsSadoldgit

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:09 - May 29 by Messysaints

You want some one sacked for a minor breach of lock down rules lol, so he needs a far far greater punishment than members of the public? Now who is being unfair... Hundreds of thousands of ppl have got away with warnings, business eg pubs get away with warnings for the first time, but a government advisor needs to be sacked for a far lessor breach, get a grip.

Bunch of c u next Tuesdays....

Minor? Both he and his wife were infected. People who committed lesser breaches of the lockdown and were not actually infected with the virus are no longer in their jobs. Why is he any different?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024