Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back To Work 12:50 - Jun 18 with 979 viewsBoris_

Are people genuinely angry about going back to work and also having to Social Distance?

We've repurposed one of our machines we usually use for garment printing in to print vinyl floor and window warning signs for Social Distancing instead ( 'Please Keep 2m Apart' ) etc and running Facebook ads to promote the website we knocked up.

The amount of hate we get on the ads is unreal. Either people are very very angry about going back to work and social distancing, or there is a campaign from an organisation targeting any adverts/posts promoting social distancing/return to work.

Checked on competitor ads and they get the same.

So, are people really that angry about Social Distancing and having to return to work? (other than teachers, obviously )
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 13:00]

Poll: Claude Puel

Back To Work on 13:06 - Jun 18 with 945 viewskentsouthampton

Russian bots most likely.
Back To Work on 13:08 - Jun 18 with 941 viewsRednWight

Glad to be back as are the people I employ I think
Social distancing virtually impossible for us

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Back To Work on 13:13 - Jun 18 with 921 viewsBoris_

Back To Work on 13:06 - Jun 18 by kentsouthampton

Russian bots most likely.

Potentially.

Lots of posts from what seem like genuine facebook accounts on the face of it saying things about Social Distancing making us slaves and all sorts of weird sh!t.

Back To Work on 13:21 - Jun 18 with 908 viewskentsouthampton

Back To Work on 13:13 - Jun 18 by Boris_

Potentially.

Lots of posts from what seem like genuine facebook accounts on the face of it saying things about Social Distancing making us slaves and all sorts of weird sh!t.

The government have acknowledged there is a Russian campaign directed at taking advantage of the virus, it would be more advantageous to them if we got a second wave and our economy tanked even more.
Back To Work on 13:57 - Jun 18 with 877 viewssaint68

We've had to operate 4 sites at once to spread the labour and adhere to HSE advice...seems to be working currently but if an infection was to arise then we'll be back on a self imposed lockdown..

Accommodation was the hardest thing to arrange initially but all sorted now.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Back To Work on 13:58 - Jun 18 with 874 viewssaint68

Back To Work on 13:21 - Jun 18 by kentsouthampton

The government have acknowledged there is a Russian campaign directed at taking advantage of the virus, it would be more advantageous to them if we got a second wave and our economy tanked even more.

Sorry state of affairs that.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Back To Work on 14:02 - Jun 18 with 869 viewskingslandstand1

You may start resetting (or whatever it is called) your machine to say "Please Keep 1m Apart" and see what reaction you get then
Back To Work on 14:06 - Jun 18 with 868 viewsdirk_doone

Back To Work on 13:21 - Jun 18 by kentsouthampton

There's a reason why the Russians were using social media to back Donald Trump and it's not because they'd thought he'd make a good president. Of course, we also know who and what they were backing in this country.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Back To Work on 14:13 - Jun 18 with 852 viewssaint22

Back To Work on 14:02 - Jun 18 by kingslandstand1

You may start resetting (or whatever it is called) your machine to say "Please Keep 1m Apart" and see what reaction you get then

This 1m apart thing is total BS
Who on earth gets any closer than 1m to people they don't know VERY well anyway
Back To Work on 14:34 - Jun 18 with 841 viewsBoris_

Back To Work on 14:02 - Jun 18 by kingslandstand1

I am very much hoping that the distance shortens to 1 metre as that would mean every workplace and shop in the country will need to buy new signs.

Back To Work on 14:35 - Jun 18 with 838 viewsBuggalugs

I've come across plenty of people that think it's far too early to come back to work and are causing problems for employers by saying their workplace isn't going to be in an acceptable state to accommodate 2m social distancing to the letter.

It's a sad state of affairs as I'm sure this wouldn't be the case if furlough had ended or never existed in the first place.....far too many people are clearly exploiting the situation now and don't seem to realise they'll have no jobs left to go to if they continue to dig their heels in and cause problems.

You've had your 3 months of paid leave, now get back to work ffs.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Back To Work on 15:43 - Jun 18 with 792 viewsinthebox

Government abandons Isle of wight app, another waste of money and time, what an incompetent bunch.
Back To Work on 15:50 - Jun 18 with 785 viewsBoris_

Back To Work on 14:35 - Jun 18 by Buggalugs

I've come across plenty of people that think it's far too early to come back to work and are causing problems for employers by saying their workplace isn't going to be in an acceptable state to accommodate 2m social distancing to the letter.

It's a sad state of affairs as I'm sure this wouldn't be the case if furlough had ended or never existed in the first place.....far too many people are clearly exploiting the situation now and don't seem to realise they'll have no jobs left to go to if they continue to dig their heels in and cause problems.

You've had your 3 months of paid leave, now get back to work ffs.

There are lots of people out there suffering with Furlough Dependence who have got used to being paid to do nothing and now don't want to get back to it.

What a lazy nation of slobs we have become.

Back To Work on 15:56 - Jun 18 with 779 viewskingslandstand1

Back To Work on 15:43 - Jun 18 by inthebox

Government abandons Isle of wight app, another waste of money and time, what an incompetent bunch.

Good job you put those 3 letters in after Wight - a few Islanders may have had a few comments to make
Back To Work on 16:25 - Jun 18 with 745 viewsdirk_doone

Back To Work on 15:56 - Jun 18 by kingslandstand1

Good job you put those 3 letters in after Wight - a few Islanders may have had a few comments to make

I've always thought the Isle of Wight was abandoned some time in the 1950s.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Back To Work on 16:44 - Jun 18 with 721 viewsKennington

Not had a day off since early February so wouldn’t know. How much daytime tv and drinking can people do? Unless you’re wealthy, you might as well work. As being of modest means and furloughed can’t be that great.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Back To Work on 17:06 - Jun 18 with 696 viewskingslandstand1

Back To Work on 16:44 - Jun 18 by Kennington

Not had a day off since early February so wouldn’t know. How much daytime tv and drinking can people do? Unless you’re wealthy, you might as well work. As being of modest means and furloughed can’t be that great.

It's not ………………….. was pretty good during the good weather though

The one bonus about having your salary reduced during that time though was that there was nowhere to spend the money anyway so didn't really notice it

Glad to be back at work though
Back To Work on 17:29 - Jun 18 with 671 viewssolent_toffee

Back To Work on 16:44 - Jun 18 by Kennington

I was furloughed for a month in May, didn’t turn the telly on in the day once. Was up at normal time for a run/walk each morning, did loads of diy (well painting and gardening is about my limit), did an online Spanish class every day, did an online business start up course and a couple of other courses and enjoyed the weather.

I was gutted when I was first told I would be furloughed as other than travelling years back I’ve not been off work for that length of time before. But it was, what it was and just got on with it. It would kill me if it was long term though.
Back To Work on 18:36 - Jun 18 with 623 viewsSadoldgit

Back To Work on 15:43 - Jun 18 by inthebox

Works ok with android phones apparently but not iPhones. How many months have we wasted already and wouldn’t this be one of the first things you checked out?
Back To Work on 18:43 - Jun 18 with 614 viewsBazza

Back To Work on 18:36 - Jun 18 by Sadoldgit

Works ok with android phones apparently but not iPhones. How many months have we wasted already and wouldn’t this be one of the first things you checked out?

Civil servants or consultants or 'experts'?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024