Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hojbjerg 11:58 - Jul 15 with 2233 viewsTimSaint

Just seen on the BBC Sport Gossip Column that according to the Evening Standard:
Southampton and Denmark midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, 24, wants to join Tottenham, who could use English defender Kyle Walker-Peters, 23, in a deal.

Obviously this has been suggested for a while now, especially as Spurs don't have the cash to buy PEH outright, but a few questions.
- Does RH actually want KWP ?
- Didn't we have some Belgian full back lined up ?
- Does KWP actually want to sign for Saints ?

Perhaps most importantly though, why does PEH want to sign for Spurs ? His whole 'reason' for wanting a move, was to play in the Champions League, but he has missed the boat - they played in the final last year and won't be in the competition next season - in fact, they'll probably struggle to make the Europa.

Do Spurs really want him ? I doubt it, but he is desperate for a move and they are probably the only ones who have shown a glimmer of interest.

TimSaint

Hojbjerg on 13:50 - Jul 15 with 2119 viewsRednWight

Reminds me a little of the situation with Fonte where he thought he’d get a big move, burnt his bridges and ended up moving sideways , if that

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Hojbjerg on 14:07 - Jul 15 with 2108 viewsDorsetIan

No disrespect to Hojbjerg. When he came into the side and became captain he added a bit of desire and forcefulness which was missing at the time. We needed him then and he did well for us.

But he has not really improved much as a midfielder or excelled himself too much over the last year or so. Also, he always seems terrible wound up and he rarely smiles.

Just thinking how disappointed everyone would now be if KW-P went back to Spurs and Hojbjerb was still (reluctantly) at the club next season.

I hope for everyone's sake he gets a move. And maybe he is the type of solid, boring player that Mourinho likes, if not the Spurs fans.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Hojbjerg on 14:54 - Jul 15 with 2054 viewsTimSaint

Hojbjerg on 14:07 - Jul 15 by DorsetIan

No disrespect to Hojbjerg. When he came into the side and became captain he added a bit of desire and forcefulness which was missing at the time. We needed him then and he did well for us.

But he has not really improved much as a midfielder or excelled himself too much over the last year or so. Also, he always seems terrible wound up and he rarely smiles.

Just thinking how disappointed everyone would now be if KW-P went back to Spurs and Hojbjerb was still (reluctantly) at the club next season.

I hope for everyone's sake he gets a move. And maybe he is the type of solid, boring player that Mourinho likes, if not the Spurs fans.

Was texting a mate who is a Spurs fan the other day, as he was asking about how KWP was getting on.
His opinion of KWP was that he was OK - quite quick, not the best defender and certainly not big enough or strong enough to be a Jose type of player, so could see why he was loaned and possibly up for sale.
He also asked what I thought of PEH, so I so said he thinks he is better than he is, wouldn't get in the regular starting XI of the top 10 teams, gives it away too much and rarely scores.
His reply was that he would be gutted if Spurs signed him - especially if he was their main summer signing.
....but Jose knows best !! :-)

TimSaint

Hojbjerg on 15:19 - Jul 15 with 2040 viewsDorsetIan

Hojbjerg on 14:54 - Jul 15 by TimSaint

Was texting a mate who is a Spurs fan the other day, as he was asking about how KWP was getting on.
His opinion of KWP was that he was OK - quite quick, not the best defender and certainly not big enough or strong enough to be a Jose type of player, so could see why he was loaned and possibly up for sale.
He also asked what I thought of PEH, so I so said he thinks he is better than he is, wouldn't get in the regular starting XI of the top 10 teams, gives it away too much and rarely scores.
His reply was that he would be gutted if Spurs signed him - especially if he was their main summer signing.
....but Jose knows best !! :-)

Yep, not much fun being a Spurs fan these days.

Still they had enough fun in that semi-final against Ajax to keep them going for a bit, so I've not got too much sympathy for them!

Hojbjerg on 16:35 - Jul 15 with 1977 viewskingslandstand1

Hojbjerg on 13:50 - Jul 15 by RednWight

Reminds me a little of the situation with Fonte where he thought he’d get a big move, burnt his bridges and ended up moving sideways , if that

And he was a European Champion!!

Some of these guys really ought to get an agent who works in the players interest and not their own
Hojbjerg on 17:34 - Jul 15 with 1932 viewsCity_boy

Take the money and move on. Good player, but not irreplaceable.
Hojbjerg on 23:03 - Jul 15 with 1758 viewsNYC_Saint

Would anyone want wanyama back as part of a deal assuming his wages aren’t an issue? I thought he was excellent and can probably fit in at center half too in a suspension pinch. Given Romeu likes a yellow having “big Vic” back to rotate some steel through the midfield doesn’t sound like a bad plan to me. It is unlikely though given RH’s comments about having academy players in certain positions and not wanting to block their progression.

Also saw a piece on Bloomberg that spurs want 10mn for KWP. If we got 17mn for target that sounds very fair to include in a part exchange for PEH...
Hojbjerg on 23:56 - Jul 15 with 1717 viewsRon11

Hojbjerg on 17:34 - Jul 15 by City_boy

Take the money and move on. Good player, but not irreplaceable.

Good player....? Had a good attitude and commitment last season, but one thing I have noticed since he's been out of the side is the reduction in the number of passes going straight back to the opposition.
Login to get fewer ads

Hojbjerg on 08:34 - Jul 16 with 1625 viewsAndylad63

Hojbjerg on 23:03 - Jul 15 by NYC_Saint

Would anyone want wanyama back as part of a deal assuming his wages aren’t an issue? I thought he was excellent and can probably fit in at center half too in a suspension pinch. Given Romeu likes a yellow having “big Vic” back to rotate some steel through the midfield doesn’t sound like a bad plan to me. It is unlikely though given RH’s comments about having academy players in certain positions and not wanting to block their progression.

Also saw a piece on Bloomberg that spurs want 10mn for KWP. If we got 17mn for target that sounds very fair to include in a part exchange for PEH...

I'm pretty sure Wanyama is now a Montreal player having been sold in January, he has had a number of ongoing injuries and loss of confidence, conditioning so would not fit into Ralphs high tempo hard running ethos. That said he was a blooming big object for attackers to try and get round or past...
Hojbjerg on 20:25 - Jul 16 with 1520 viewsNYC_Saint

Hojbjerg on 08:34 - Jul 16 by Andylad63

I'm pretty sure Wanyama is now a Montreal player having been sold in January, he has had a number of ongoing injuries and loss of confidence, conditioning so would not fit into Ralphs high tempo hard running ethos. That said he was a blooming big object for attackers to try and get round or past...

Thanks I didn’t realize he had moved out here.
Hojbjerg on 21:52 - Jul 16 with 1425 viewsBicester_North

I can’t stand Hojbjerg. Absolute shite. He just stood there and watched the ball drop to the Brighton player on the penalty spot and did practically f*ck all.
Just f*ck off.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Hojbjerg on 22:12 - Jul 16 with 1395 viewsMeonsaint

Hojbjerg on 21:52 - Jul 16 by Bicester_North

I can’t stand Hojbjerg. Absolute shite. He just stood there and watched the ball drop to the Brighton player on the penalty spot and did practically f*ck all.
Just f*ck off.

Not just on tonight's display but the whole time he has played for us he aint good enough.
Hojbjerg on 22:16 - Jul 16 with 1381 views1885_SFC

I can't believe both Spurs & Everton are in for him!

No way on God's earth is he worth the £30M being touted. If we get anywhere near that - I will eat my own scrotal sac!

Old School is Cool

Hojbjerg on 22:24 - Jul 16 with 1348 viewsJaySaint

His passing is still pathetic

He is no where near as good as he thinks he is

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Hojbjerg on 22:37 - Jul 16 with 1326 viewsMeonsaint

Hojbjerg on 22:16 - Jul 16 by 1885_SFC

No way on God's earth is he worth the £30M being touted. If we get anywhere near that - I will eat my own scrotal sac!

If Spuds or the Scouse Gits want to give us £30 million for this poor passer of a ball then we should empty their pockets and gleefully welcome their cash. I can't for the life of me see what all the fuss is about his ability to compete at Premiership level. He is bang average at the best of times.
Tonight you witnessed a typical Hojberg performance. The odd successful long range spraying of passes but he is a loose cannon when it comes to losing possession in key areas of the pitch. eg Arsenal in the last few minutes. Against a better side we would have lost tonight due to his crap distribution.
How many more gilt edges chances does he need in front of goal? No composure whatsover.
Bayern Munich are no mugs. They would not have let him go if was any good.
Now he is acting "Berty Big Bollocks". He is so overated. If you don't want to play for our beloved Saints then please catch the next train from Winchester to Waterloo or get yourself up the M6.
Hojbjerg on 23:07 - Jul 16 with 1270 viewsDorsetIan

Hojbjerg on 22:37 - Jul 16 by Meonsaint

If Spuds or the Scouse Gits want to give us £30 million for this poor passer of a ball then we should empty their pockets and gleefully welcome their cash. I can't for the life of me see what all the fuss is about his ability to compete at Premiership level. He is bang average at the best of times.
Tonight you witnessed a typical Hojberg performance. The odd successful long range spraying of passes but he is a loose cannon when it comes to losing possession in key areas of the pitch. eg Arsenal in the last few minutes. Against a better side we would have lost tonight due to his crap distribution.
How many more gilt edges chances does he need in front of goal? No composure whatsover.
Bayern Munich are no mugs. They would not have let him go if was any good.
Now he is acting "Berty Big Bollocks". He is so overated. If you don't want to play for our beloved Saints then please catch the next train from Winchester to Waterloo or get yourself up the M6.

There was a 'pass' near the end that summed up his recent showings. We had a break on, with a few players in or getting in the box and he just passed it sideways to one of their players. He wasn't under any pressure. It was ridiculous.

Hojbjerg on 23:26 - Jul 16 with 1246 viewsSadoldgit

Not sure what goes on in his head. He got into some good positions where someone like Ings would have scored, but he doesn’t quite have it. With some players you think that a good coach will improve them. With Hoj you just think, that is all.
Hojbjerg on 06:56 - Jul 17 with 1105 viewssolent_toffee

Hojbjerg on 22:16 - Jul 16 by 1885_SFC

The camera panned in on him at last weeks Everton v Saints game and he looked the most scouse person in the ground. Could definitely walk around County Road completely unchallenged.

I hope that this is just paper/agent talk. Hoping that Carlo gets to pull the transfer strings following the last four years of horrific player recruitment.
Hojbjerg on 07:07 - Jul 17 with 1092 viewssaint22

Hojbjerg on 23:07 - Jul 16 by DorsetIan

There was a 'pass' near the end that summed up his recent showings. We had a break on, with a few players in or getting in the box and he just passed it sideways to one of their players. He wasn't under any pressure. It was ridiculous.

That was one of his worst games for us and that’s saying something
If Everton want to blow 30m on him they are welcome
Funny how he Says he wants champs league, seems to me it’s all about the money
As I said last season Pep wouldn’t have let him go if he was that good
Let’s spend the money on centre backs
Hojbjerg on 09:23 - Jul 17 with 989 viewsgrumpy

Hojbjerg on 23:07 - Jul 16 by DorsetIan

I noticed that,to me he seems too often to give the ball away.He doesn't seem to knit into the side.If we can get a decent fee it wont break my heart.
Hojbjerg on 09:40 - Jul 17 with 977 viewsdirk_doone

Hojbjerg on 16:35 - Jul 15 by kingslandstand1

And he was a European Champion!!

Some of these guys really ought to get an agent who works in the players interest and not their own

And he's played in the Champions League since he left us, won 42 caps for Portugal and won a UEFA Nations' League winner's medal. It's incredible how fit he's kept himself to still be playing at that level when he's 36.

Yes, we haven't had many that good in our history.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 10:16]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hojbjerg on 10:23 - Jul 17 with 926 viewsgreen

I think we'll miss PEH. Passing isn't great but he's got a lot going for him, our captain for most of the season, international, established PL player, cares (for the most part), breaks up play, has energy, rarely injured and mostly plays forward.

He wasn't great last night but he was playing out of position in the first half and it's no coincidence that we did better in the second half with him in his proper position.

If he leaves we'll be left very light in midfield and I'm not confident that we'll spend any of that money on a good enough replacement.
Hojbjerg on 10:33 - Jul 17 with 920 viewsdirk_doone

Hojbjerg on 10:23 - Jul 17 by green

I think we'll miss PEH. Passing isn't great but he's got a lot going for him, our captain for most of the season, international, established PL player, cares (for the most part), breaks up play, has energy, rarely injured and mostly plays forward.

He wasn't great last night but he was playing out of position in the first half and it's no coincidence that we did better in the second half with him in his proper position.

If he leaves we'll be left very light in midfield and I'm not confident that we'll spend any of that money on a good enough replacement.

Yes, he's been a decent player for us. Now that Gary Neville has made Romeu a marked man who referees will be looking to red card at any opportunity, we are going to need cover in that position more than ever.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hojbjerg on 10:55 - Jul 17 with 900 viewsgreen

Yes, I thought that last night, first tackle by Romeu and he gets a yellow, thanks to Gary Neville.
Hojbjerg on 11:04 - Jul 17 with 892 viewsJaySaint

Hojbjerg on 10:55 - Jul 17 by green

Yes, I thought that last night, first tackle by Romeu and he gets a yellow, thanks to Gary Neville.

it was a pretty crap tackle (last night) and can see why it was a yellow

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024