Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Koeman 09:50 - Aug 17 with 1339 viewsSonicBoom

Finally seems to be getting what he wanted, apparently he's close to getting the Barcelona job. You'd think his stint at Everton would have put a dent in his chances...
Koeman on 10:31 - Aug 17 with 1284 viewsgrumpy

Pochettino would be a better choice.
Koeman on 11:01 - Aug 17 with 1251 viewsgreen

If there is such a thing as a bad time to be managing Barcelona then surely this is it but it's not as though he started his time with us in the best possible circumstances.

As you say, he didn't cover himself in glory at Everton. Wonder if he'll bring Cuco Martina with him again if he does get the job.
Koeman on 11:48 - Aug 17 with 1198 viewsChesham_Saint

Doesn’t he have a contract with the Netherlands to honour? Because he ALWAYS honours his contracts, doesn’t he?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Koeman on 12:06 - Aug 17 with 1186 viewsSaintNick

Koeman on 11:48 - Aug 17 by Chesham_Saint

Doesn’t he have a contract with the Netherlands to honour? Because he ALWAYS honours his contracts, doesn’t he?

Not sure it is a good time to become Barcelona manager they are in dissaray with player power issues.

Better to sit this one out for a couple of years.

Not sure if Pochettino's close connections to Espanyol will be an issue to him being Barcelona boss

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Koeman on 12:19 - Aug 17 with 1172 viewsChesham_Saint

Koeman on 12:06 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

Not sure it is a good time to become Barcelona manager they are in dissaray with player power issues.

Better to sit this one out for a couple of years.

Not sure if Pochettino's close connections to Espanyol will be an issue to him being Barcelona boss

1. Pochettino is on record saying he couldn’t do that job out of the respect and affection he has for Espanyol.

2. Koeman has said he always see out a contact and is a man of his word.

But then it’s football and 95% of the people in it seem to have no moral compass whatsoever, so what do you think will happen?

Of the two I think Poch most likely to stand by what he said, whereas Cloggy will snatch the job like a $30 whore in an Amsterdam alley.

Koeman on 12:26 - Aug 17 with 1168 viewsSaintNick

Koeman on 12:19 - Aug 17 by Chesham_Saint

1. Pochettino is on record saying he couldn’t do that job out of the respect and affection he has for Espanyol.

But then it’s football and 95% of the people in it seem to have no moral compass whatsoever, so what do you think will happen?

Of the two I think Poch most likely to stand by what he said, whereas Cloggy will snatch the job like a $30 whore in an Amsterdam alley.

Yes Pochettino is a man of his word like when he asked to be released from his contract from Saints at the end of the 2013/14 season as he needed a break fro football, when Saints smelling a rat turned that down, Spurs where on the phone within hours and he had soon resigned and been appointed Spurs boss.

But because he resigned we got compensation for him, Spurs had tried their usual tricks to get him on the cheap, he was quite happy to go along with them

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Koeman on 12:40 - Aug 17 with 1152 viewsgreen

He's backtracked on those comments now:

"I have to explain it well," Pochettino told El Pais. "I was in Barcelona that year and I met [Barca president, Josep Maria] Bartomeu in a bar.

"We greeted each other because we were taking the children to the same school and we were talking for five minutes. That generated a rumour that set off alarms because there were more teams that wanted us.

"When they [reporters] asked me [about the meeting], I wanted to settle it drastically. I didn't want to disrespect Barcelona.

"You can say things differently. Espanyol has made a name for me, but I'm not arrogant and I didn't like making a statement like that.

"Maybe now I wouldn't because in life you never know what will happen."
Koeman on 12:41 - Aug 17 with 1147 viewsChesham_Saint

Koeman on 12:26 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

Yes Pochettino is a man of his word like when he asked to be released from his contract from Saints at the end of the 2013/14 season as he needed a break fro football, when Saints smelling a rat turned that down, Spurs where on the phone within hours and he had soon resigned and been appointed Spurs boss.

But because he resigned we got compensation for him, Spurs had tried their usual tricks to get him on the cheap, he was quite happy to go along with them

I thought his rationale was that he was only with Saints because of the promises made by Napoleon and when he was fired he scarpered? I guess that’s a crock too and he’s just as bad as the Dutchman.

Login to get fewer ads

Koeman on 13:07 - Aug 17 with 1112 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Koeman on 12:40 - Aug 17 by green

He's backtracked on those comments now:

"I have to explain it well," Pochettino told El Pais. "I was in Barcelona that year and I met [Barca president, Josep Maria] Bartomeu in a bar.

"We greeted each other because we were taking the children to the same school and we were talking for five minutes. That generated a rumour that set off alarms because there were more teams that wanted us.

"When they [reporters] asked me [about the meeting], I wanted to settle it drastically. I didn't want to disrespect Barcelona.

"You can say things differently. Espanyol has made a name for me, but I'm not arrogant and I didn't like making a statement like that.

"Maybe now I wouldn't because in life you never know what will happen."

Amazing!

Who would have thought it ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Koeman on 15:21 - Aug 17 with 984 viewsRon11

Koeman on 13:07 - Aug 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Amazing!

Who would have thought it ...

In English?
Koeman on 18:52 - Aug 17 with 846 viewsTripleNiemi

Koeman on 11:48 - Aug 17 by Chesham_Saint

Bit harsh for me this post Chesh as i do genuinely believe there were other things at play when he departed. I seriously think he would have considered staying on post his final year but think behind the scenes was not quite right. Cue the abuse......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Koeman on 19:11 - Aug 17 with 811 viewsChesham_Saint

Koeman on 18:52 - Aug 17 by TripleNiemi

Bit harsh for me this post Chesh as i do genuinely believe there were other things at play when he departed. I seriously think he would have considered staying on post his final year but think behind the scenes was not quite right. Cue the abuse......

Sorry Trips, the impression I got was that he was doing all he could to leverage himself out of his commitment to Saints when he saw the scale of the rewards on offer at Everton. For someone who’d made a big issue out of being honourable it stuck in the craw as it seemed he’d acted in an underhand way.

I’m happy to be put right, perhaps Nick can enlighten us?

Koeman on 22:24 - Aug 17 with 719 viewskernow

I don't suppose the truth will ever emerge but historians are good at finding out stuff.
Koeman on 10:16 - Aug 18 with 597 viewscocklebreath

Koeman on 12:19 - Aug 17 by Chesham_Saint

Why so angry with Koeman? He was great for us, chill out

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Koeman on 12:23 - Aug 18 with 571 viewsChesham_Saint

Koeman on 10:16 - Aug 18 by cocklebreath

Why so angry with Koeman? He was great for us, chill out

Because he did the typical football thing: said one thing and then did the opposite. As I said before I’m happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, as he was an excellent manager for us. But if you shit on your own doorstep (as he APPEARED to have done) then don’t expect love and affection....so chill out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024