Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manolo Gabbiadini 21:31 - Aug 21 with 2026 viewsgrumpy

Wonder how he's getting on in Italy.
I always rated him,class player.
Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:39 - Aug 21 with 2010 viewsSaintsforeverj

He scored the goal that saved us, at Swansea and gave us the joy of celebrating those goals at Wembley. Will always think of him fondly.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:43 - Aug 21 with 2006 viewsbattler

Was on and off the bench last season for Sampdoria but still scored 12 goals for them.
Keeping him company is Yoshi of course and also Gaston Ramirez.

For scoring that vital goal at Swansea he will always be regarded as a bit of a cult hero.
Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:47 - Aug 21 with 2004 viewsgrumpy

Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:39 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

He scored the goal that saved us, at Swansea and gave us the joy of celebrating those goals at Wembley. Will always think of him fondly.

Great goals at Wembley.

Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:50 - Aug 21 with 1988 viewsSaintsforeverj

Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:47 - Aug 21 by grumpy

Great goals at Wembley.

That equalising goal was just brilliant and we all went mad. Romeu then hits the bar and we all thought we were going on to win it. Terribly unlucky that day, but apart from the final gut wrenching result, it was a great day. Would just love another cup final to enjoy.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 21:52]

Manolo Gabbiadini on 22:13 - Aug 21 with 1954 viewskingslandstand1

Great goals at Wembley.

Anybody miss that 2nd goal?
Manolo Gabbiadini on 22:28 - Aug 21 with 1936 viewsbattler

Great goals at Wembley.

Both his goals just brilliant !
Just so great watching them again.
We wuz robbed...
Manolo Gabbiadini on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 1899 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Great goals at Wembley.

That's just made me angry about Forster again.

1. Free kick; poor position / slow reaction
2. The header at 3-2. Come out and claim the ball you useless f**king lump

ARGH

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:11 - Aug 21 with 1887 viewsA1079

Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:50 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

That equalising goal was just brilliant and we all went mad. Romeu then hits the bar and we all thought we were going on to win it. Terribly unlucky that day, but apart from the final gut wrenching result, it was a great day. Would just love another cup final to enjoy.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 21:52]

Agree Saintsforeverj. Despite the result a truly memorable day in my many years of supporting the club. The atmosphere from the Saints fans as well - we sang our hearts out. We had a perfectly good goal ruled out as well. Sadly, Forster did not have a good day and Romeu gave away his usual silly free kick in a lethal area. But, you still felt that overall we were the better side and showed so much passion. I would love to experience it again.
Login to get fewer ads

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:11 - Aug 21 with 1889 viewsdirk_doone

We were coasting our way to our second major trophy until Puel inexplicably pulled off United's tormentor, the man who was having the game of his life and the obvious match winner, Gabbiadini. I and all other Saints fans and players at Wembley that day groaned at the sheer stupidity of that substitution and Man United's fans and players understandably cheered it, as Puel had just handed them a game, which had looked lost, on a plate. The momentum instantly turned from us to them and United took over. That was the worst substitution made by any manager in all my 50 years of supporting Saints.

Apart from Branfoot and Hughes I've never been one for calling for managers to be sacked and even though he cost us the League Cup, I never called for Puel to be sacked but that was the worst substitution ever.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 10:06]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:12 - Aug 21 with 1879 viewsSaintsforeverj

Manolo Gabbiadini on 22:57 - Aug 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That's just made me angry about Forster again.

1. Free kick; poor position / slow reaction
2. The header at 3-2. Come out and claim the ball you useless f**king lump

ARGH

What angered me more, was the clear goal that we scored on about 12 minutes. Clearly was not offside. If VAR was around, it would have been given: just our luck. We also hit the bar, just an unlucky day amongst other things.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 23:13]

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:35 - Aug 21 with 1862 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:12 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

What angered me more, was the clear goal that we scored on about 12 minutes. Clearly was not offside. If VAR was around, it would have been given: just our luck. We also hit the bar, just an unlucky day amongst other things.

True ... in fact that day p*ssed me off more than many others. Saints were looking decent and that trophy should've been won.

It was downhill from there that season. Had Saints won it, I'm pretty sure the rest of the season would have been brilliant and not the "boring" write off it became.

F**k Man Utd.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Manolo Gabbiadini on 09:14 - Aug 22 with 1606 viewsSaintNick

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:35 - Aug 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

True ... in fact that day p*ssed me off more than many others. Saints were looking decent and that trophy should've been won.

It was downhill from there that season. Had Saints won it, I'm pretty sure the rest of the season would have been brilliant and not the "boring" write off it became.

F**k Man Utd.

In fairness to Puel he had lost both Fonte & Van Dijk by the half way mark of the season and he had to adapt and he took a more defensive approach to protect his defence, I didn't think Forster had that bad a game, the thing that cost us was leaving their player completely unmarked 7 years out for their winner, if we had gone to extra time we might have won it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manolo Gabbiadini on 10:04 - Aug 22 with 1559 viewsdirk_doone

Manolo Gabbiadini on 09:14 - Aug 22 by SaintNick

In fairness to Puel he had lost both Fonte & Van Dijk by the half way mark of the season and he had to adapt and he took a more defensive approach to protect his defence, I didn't think Forster had that bad a game, the thing that cost us was leaving their player completely unmarked 7 years out for their winner, if we had gone to extra time we might have won it

No, without Gabbiadini, we wouldn't. As soon as he went off, the momentum totally switched to United. Had he stayed on, he looked certain to complete his hat-trick.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 10:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Manolo Gabbiadini on 10:41 - Aug 22 with 1516 viewsSaintNick

Manolo Gabbiadini on 10:04 - Aug 22 by dirk_doone

No, without Gabbiadini, we wouldn't. As soon as he went off, the momentum totally switched to United. Had he stayed on, he looked certain to complete his hat-trick.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 10:05]

We still had people on the pitch who could score goals, Gabbiadini had got through a lot of work and we needed fresh legs up front, in fairness to Puel all his substitutions in this match were attacking ones

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:34 - Aug 23 with 1237 viewsBlue

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:35 - Aug 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

F**k Man Utd.

Anybody that says F**k man utd is good in my book.

Still stood in the Kippax

Manolo Gabbiadini on 00:44 - Aug 24 with 1222 viewsericofarabia

Manolo Gabbiadini on 22:13 - Aug 21 by kingslandstand1

Anybody miss that 2nd goal?

Yep 😕. Got carried away bumping into prople in the concourse lost track of time and was just walking up the steps to the seats as a great roar went up, and thought good timing the players are just coming back onto the pitch!
Manolo Gabbiadini on 19:11 - Aug 24 with 1077 viewsGasGiant

Manolo Gabbiadini on 23:12 - Aug 21 by Saintsforeverj

I'm still fuming about the perfectly good goal Richard Hall had disallowed against United in a cup replay about 25 years ago.
Manolo Gabbiadini on 20:30 - Aug 24 with 1044 viewsgrumpy

Didn't Neil Shipperley have a perfectly good goal disallowed up there?I remember watching the game at some cinema in town.
Manolo Gabbiadini on 20:36 - Aug 24 with 1034 viewsSaintsforeverj

Manolo Gabbiadini on 20:30 - Aug 24 by grumpy

Didn't Neil Shipperley have a perfectly good goal disallowed up there?I remember watching the game at some cinema in town.

Yes, in the cup. It was nil nil and Shipperly scored a perfectly good goal at Old Trafford. We ended up losing 2 1 I think.

Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:29 - Aug 24 with 1014 viewsgrumpy

Manolo Gabbiadini on 20:36 - Aug 24 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, in the cup. It was nil nil and Shipperly scored a perfectly good goal at Old Trafford. We ended up losing 2 1 I think.

Perfectly good goal 1.40 .....
Manolo Gabbiadini on 07:23 - Aug 27 with 877 viewsdarthvader

Manolo Gabbiadini on 21:29 - Aug 24 by grumpy

Perfectly good goal 1.40 .....

Yes remember it well. Brilliant header and their manager ,I fergiet his name, even said they were lucky to go through.

Fück man United

keep the faith coyr

Manolo Gabbiadini on 08:59 - Aug 27 with 855 viewsChesham_Saint

Manolo Gabbiadini on 07:23 - Aug 27 by darthvader

Yes remember it well. Brilliant header and their manager ,I fergiet his name, even said they were lucky to go through.

Fück man United

I was there for that and it was right in front of us. We really were robbed. That said, I was also there when we won on penalties. That was memorable - their cretinous fans weren’t at all happy and were trying to jump the barriers to get at us.

Fast forward to the more recent Wembley day out and their fans were still just as awful - happily bullying families with kids and the more elderly Saints fans. I’ve always found City fans a much better experience.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Manolo Gabbiadini on 09:11 - Aug 27 with 850 viewsgrumpy

Manolo Gabbiadini on 08:59 - Aug 27 by Chesham_Saint

I was there for that and it was right in front of us. We really were robbed. That said, I was also there when we won on penalties. That was memorable - their cretinous fans weren’t at all happy and were trying to jump the barriers to get at us.

Fast forward to the more recent Wembley day out and their fans were still just as awful - happily bullying families with kids and the more elderly Saints fans. I’ve always found City fans a much better experience.

I remember many moons ago, one City fan,a big woman,who had blond hair done up in a huge beehive,you could spot her a mile off.
Manolo Gabbiadini on 09:34 - Aug 27 with 837 viewsChesham_Saint

Manolo Gabbiadini on 09:11 - Aug 27 by grumpy

I remember many moons ago, one City fan,a big woman,who had blond hair done up in a huge beehive,you could spot her a mile off.

She used to ring the bell didn’t she? You could even hear her on Match of the Day! I think Blue said she’s dead now but was a bit of a Maine Road legend.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Manolo Gabbiadini on 09:43 - Aug 27 with 829 viewsgrumpy

Manolo Gabbiadini on 09:34 - Aug 27 by Chesham_Saint

She used to ring the bell didn’t she? You could even hear her on Match of the Day! I think Blue said she’s dead now but was a bit of a Maine Road legend.

That's her,she wouldn't have looked out of place on Coronation Street.
I do miss the Dell,so many characters,so many memories.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024