Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theo 21:26 - Oct 6 with 946 viewsSaintNick

A week ago no one had a good word for him, now he is the new messiah

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Theo on 21:38 - Oct 6 with 933 viewssolent_toffee

He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty bo...., actually he’s not is he? Very nice fella. He makes Michael Owen look like Duncan Ferguson.
Theo on 21:52 - Oct 6 with 913 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yes he might have chosen money over loyalty in the past but I don't remember him ever saying anything bad about Saints or doing us any harm, not like VD or Lallana or others. He is now here, he has spoken of his love for the club. Not a messiah, just a new player with proven PL experience. From what I have read, he doesn't go out breaking covid rules like some, partying or wearing big headphones. He could get back to his best, let's give him a chance.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 21:53]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Theo on 22:06 - Oct 6 with 883 viewsSaintNick

Theo on 21:52 - Oct 6 by Saintsforeverj

Yes he might have chosen money over loyalty in the past but I don't remember him ever saying anything bad about Saints or doing us any harm, not like VD or Lallana or others. He is now here, he has spoken of his love for the club. Not a messiah, just a new player with proven PL experience. From what I have read, he doesn't go out breaking covid rules like some, partying or wearing big headphones. He could get back to his best, let's give him a chance.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 21:53]

Im not doubting he is a nice guy, im just commenting that no one thought he was very good, the poll on our front page was 76% no thanks a week ago when asked whether we would want him back, the general consensus that he hadn't had a good season in years

Theo on 22:16 - Oct 6 with 863 viewsSadoldgit

He is our player now so why not hope it works out well? I’d rather a younger player with potential to stay and develop further with us, but we have Theo. As you pointed out, at £4m it is worth a short term punt.
Theo on 22:17 - Oct 6 with 864 viewsSaintsforeverj

Theo on 22:06 - Oct 6 by SaintNick

Im not doubting he is a nice guy, im just commenting that no one thought he was very good, the poll on our front page was 76% no thanks a week ago when asked whether we would want him back, the general consensus that he hadn't had a good season in years

There certainly does seem a lot sceptiscm and many Saints fans seem to think this is a bad move. They are entitled to their opinion. I personally don't understand why we can't give the guy a chance and hope that Ralph gets him fit and back to his best. He has scored some cracking goals in his time, so Ralph might get some of that back. For a cheap price, surely it's better than a Carillo, Elyanoussi etc.

At least Theo has the talent, he has proven it. I think he will provide some direct attacking play. I don't really understand the negativity with this. I could understand the worry of we spent 20 million on him or something but we probably couldn't get much better, without spending millions. I know he isn't Messi, but we know we aren't in that league. He might become good like an Antonio or even Ings.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 22:21]

Theo on 22:27 - Oct 6 with 835 viewsDellHero_Would

Theo on 22:17 - Oct 6 by Saintsforeverj

There certainly does seem a lot sceptiscm and many Saints fans seem to think this is a bad move. They are entitled to their opinion. I personally don't understand why we can't give the guy a chance and hope that Ralph gets him fit and back to his best. He has scored some cracking goals in his time, so Ralph might get some of that back. For a cheap price, surely it's better than a Carillo, Elyanoussi etc.

At least Theo has the talent, he has proven it. I think he will provide some direct attacking play. I don't really understand the negativity with this. I could understand the worry of we spent 20 million on him or something but we probably couldn't get much better, without spending millions. I know he isn't Messi, but we know we aren't in that league. He might become good like an Antonio or even Ings.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 22:21]

Overall I’d say it’s a good signing. Potentially 4 maybe 5 goals (wishfully) from 15 games, plus 3 or 4 assists. Gives us options in regards to tactics.

I don’t know how much Arsenal waved in front of his face at 17. Would anyone turn down 10 mil plus contract at 17, footballing reasons or not. I doubt it.

A good addition to the squad, and I think the manager will play Theo to his strengths. We shall see.

Up the Saints.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Theo on 22:31 - Oct 6 with 820 viewsSaintNick

Theo on 22:27 - Oct 6 by DellHero_Would

Overall I’d say it’s a good signing. Potentially 4 maybe 5 goals (wishfully) from 15 games, plus 3 or 4 assists. Gives us options in regards to tactics.

I don’t know how much Arsenal waved in front of his face at 17. Would anyone turn down 10 mil plus contract at 17, footballing reasons or not. I doubt it.

A good addition to the squad, and I think the manager will play Theo to his strengths. We shall see.

Up the Saints.

I think it is worth a punt £4 million in wages isnt a lot for a season, I truly hope he succeeds

Theo on 22:33 - Oct 6 with 818 viewsSaintsforeverj

Theo on 22:27 - Oct 6 by DellHero_Would

Up the Saints.

Yep. Of course it might not work out but I do think it will. Some players thrive in certain environments and certain clubs. Ings has never been so good under Ralph. Why can't Theo achieve the same under a good manager? I think Ralph will get him fit, pacy etc and think he will be a good addition. We shall see.

Login to get fewer ads

Theo on 22:34 - Oct 6 with 817 viewsA1079

I am completely open minded about Theo returning to Saints. I don't have a problem with it and even if his playing contribution is limited he may bring some behind the scenes know how and guidance to some of our younger players. I don't think he is the messiah and there are other signings I would have preferred to have seen (e.g Rudiger and RLC) but I wish Theo well and I hope he and the other signings make a difference each in their own way. As far as I recall Theo has never had a negative word regarding the club.

Oddly, for good or bad I know more about Theo than I do about the signing of Salisu - at the moment I feel I am more likely to see Lord Lucan. Salisu joining from day one has seem strangely suppressed and kept low key even before we knew he was not going to be available for an unknown reason (some sense of de ja vu here). But, lets hope that Salisu, along with Diallo, Walcott and KWP that they all add something to the squad.
Theo on 22:37 - Oct 6 with 810 viewsSaintsforeverj

Theo on 22:31 - Oct 6 by SaintNick

I think it is worth a punt £4 million in wages isnt a lot for a season, I truly hope he succeeds

Exactly. He is very cheap in PL standards, so let's just hope it works and he succeeds. Those slagging him off, I don't understand why. If he is useless, we can get rid. Walcott will know that and for that reason, I think he will try to earn a contract, which is only good for us.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 22:42]

Theo on 22:46 - Oct 6 with 793 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Personally I didn't get the negativity a week ago, it's well worth a punt, experienced and cheap as f**k in premier league terms.

Meanwhile Arsenal spend £45m on a player and make 55 "normal" staff redundant, with a current player offering to cover the wages of the mascot. He shouldn't have to do that.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Theo on 23:51 - Oct 6 with 731 viewsBicester_North

Theo on 22:34 - Oct 6 by A1079

I am completely open minded about Theo returning to Saints. I don't have a problem with it and even if his playing contribution is limited he may bring some behind the scenes know how and guidance to some of our younger players. I don't think he is the messiah and there are other signings I would have preferred to have seen (e.g Rudiger and RLC) but I wish Theo well and I hope he and the other signings make a difference each in their own way. As far as I recall Theo has never had a negative word regarding the club.

Oddly, for good or bad I know more about Theo than I do about the signing of Salisu - at the moment I feel I am more likely to see Lord Lucan. Salisu joining from day one has seem strangely suppressed and kept low key even before we knew he was not going to be available for an unknown reason (some sense of de ja vu here). But, lets hope that Salisu, along with Diallo, Walcott and KWP that they all add something to the squad.

How good or bad this window is depends on whether Salisu and Diallo are.

If they turn out well it will show we’ve come out of the era of having the worst overseas scouts in the league.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Theo on 00:00 - Oct 7 with 723 viewskernow

Was doubtful of his value to Saints but what do I know?
He"s accepted an offer and is pleased to be here.
I want him to succeed and welcome Theo back to Saints.
Theo on 01:37 - Oct 7 with 695 views1885_SFC

I'm sure I_would is very happy with Theo coming home... well, until the very first time he gives the ball away. Then he'll be Satan himself & a useless piece of dogshít.

Old School is Cool

Theo on 07:21 - Oct 7 with 612 viewsCity_boy

I think the comments prior to him signing are still valid. He hasn't had a sustained period of playing well for years or held down a regulation starting position.

He is a genuine lad and at the time of selling him, we needed the money.

I also think many of the negative comments were based on us buying him. Whilst I still believe his best years have well gone, it is probably worth a punt as a loan deal, especially as there weren't many other options out there and our bench looks very average.
Theo on 08:41 - Oct 7 with 547 viewsChesham_Saint

Theo on 22:46 - Oct 6 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Personally I didn't get the negativity a week ago, it's well worth a punt, experienced and cheap as f**k in premier league terms.

Meanwhile Arsenal spend £45m on a player and make 55 "normal" staff redundant, with a current player offering to cover the wages of the mascot. He shouldn't have to do that.

For some reason Arsenal have a reputation of doing things the “right way”. What a load of bollocks.

Ok, they may not be as bad as their near neighbours when acting like shysters on a deal or as blatant and hypocritical as Liverpool In tapping up, but they’re just as mean spirited as any of the other big 6.

As for Walcott, the answer is simple. A week ago we had hopes of signing who knows who which made the idea of Theo seem a little stale and unexciting. When it became clear he was coming (and on what terms) positivity kicked in. And why not?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Theo on 08:58 - Oct 7 with 531 viewsRon11

I hope so too, the only worry seems to be that he is a bit injury prone.
He's never bad mouthed Saints, unlike a few others after they left having using the club as a 'stepping stone' or as in the case of Charlie Austin, going down the other way.
Theo on 10:44 - Oct 7 with 478 viewsPaleRider

Theo on 22:06 - Oct 6 by SaintNick

Nick, you crucify fans for negativity (or for being a very naughty bo...) but when fans try and be positive you crucify them as well. Can you please try and be rational this season? Although I still blame Yoshida for all our ills.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 11:09]
Theo on 11:14 - Oct 7 with 463 viewsChesham_Saint

Theo on 10:44 - Oct 7 by PaleRider

Nick, you crucify fans for negativity (or for being a very naughty bo...) but when fans try and be positive you crucify them as well. Can you please try and be rational this season? Although I still blame Yoshida for all our ills.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 11:09]

I suspect Nick is just stirring the pot to stimulate activity on here...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024