Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread 12:51 - Nov 29 with 2199 viewsSaintNick

Team news in 10 minutes

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Nov 29 with 698 viewsHeisenberg

Absolute disgrace. We never learn do we. If we don't buy at least 5 players in January then we are in trouble. And where's Salisu. He's another Danso. Ralph is clearly clueless. Get him out now.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Nov 29 with 697 viewsBicester_North

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 15:56 - Nov 29 by I_would

We'd lost from first minute of the second half. Cavani supersub. Long supersh**e. Ralph Hassenaclue loses with his choice of subs yet again.

Degenerate skate filth

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 15:59 - Nov 29 with 685 viewssaint22

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Nov 29 by Saintsforeverj

3 2 to them. I could sense it. Saints players looked nervous l. You just knew they would give it away.

Too late with the subs as always, still needs to learn how to shut a game down
Vestergaard at fault for both their last two goals
Oh well had to happen sooner or later
Let’s get Salisu fit and kick on
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Nov 29 with 678 viewsIngskneeslide

We'd lost from first minute of the second half. Cavani supersub. Long supersh**e. Ralph Hassenaclue loses with his choice of subs yet again.

‘Yet again’

Have you sorted out your manky old kitchen yet Arthur?
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Nov 29 with 656 viewsRon11

Mistakes :
Adams looked well out of it early second half. Nothing done about it.
Djenepo needed replacing by Nduludnu, not Shane Long. Long contributed absolutely nothing.
Vestergaard was also well out of it mid second half - should have been replaced by Saiisu - oh wait, Stephens.
Hassenhutl has been accused of 'winging it' in the past - I'm afraid he did it today
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Nov 29 with 649 viewsdarthvader

Shocking defeat after playing like world beaters for a lot of the first half . Frustrating when we get into a good position to attack them we pass it back or decide not to cross or shoot. .

Phucked off now. Too casual at times and looked knackered in the final 15mins

keep the faith coyr

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Nov 29 with 630 viewsBicester_North

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Nov 29 by Ingskneeslide

‘Yet again’

Have you sorted out your manky old kitchen yet Arthur?

The freak tries to use the fact that United can bring on Cavani as a stick to beat Ralph. What an absolute flake of dead scrotal skin.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Nov 29 with 596 viewsBuenosSaint

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Nov 29 by darthvader

Shocking defeat after playing like world beaters for a lot of the first half . Frustrating when we get into a good position to attack them we pass it back or decide not to cross or shoot. .

Phucked off now. Too casual at times and looked knackered in the final 15mins

Commentator said we still have the grim stat " lost most points from Winning positions" since the period RH takes over.

I'm not knocking him. just gutted. rather we had lost 2 or 3 - 0 straight off. Hate leading and losing.

Poll: The Long Future

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Nov 29 with 595 viewsDorsetIan

Djenepo showed one really nice piece of skill in their box but his final ball seems to be worse than Boufal's and he's got absolutely no positional sense. At one point he stepped off the pitch to let Bertrand run past him - what's that about!

But Utd won because the guy they brought on got an assist and two goals, and we really didn't have anyone to bring on, especially when people got tired.

Djenepo and the lack of decent subs - it's all about our inability to properly strengthen while Gao has been in charge.

But, hey ho, we are still doing remarkably well. Next game please.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:11 - Nov 29 with 588 viewsSadoldgit

Best team in the world when we win. Worst team in the world when we lose. We did the same against Wolves, the difference being if you keep giving the ball back to United they will punish you.
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:13 - Nov 29 with 581 viewsBuenosSaint

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Nov 29 by DorsetIan

Djenepo showed one really nice piece of skill in their box but his final ball seems to be worse than Boufal's and he's got absolutely no positional sense. At one point he stepped off the pitch to let Bertrand run past him - what's that about!

But Utd won because the guy they brought on got an assist and two goals, and we really didn't have anyone to bring on, especially when people got tired.

Djenepo and the lack of decent subs - it's all about our inability to properly strengthen while Gao has been in charge.

Our league position is a bit deceptive.

Before today i saw a stat that we are only 1 point better off than last year against same oppo.

after today, it is exactly the same i guess.

Poll: The Long Future

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Nov 29 with 567 viewssaint22

Yep djenepo flatters to deceive he is always drifting into the middle never giving Bertrand any sort of option down the line
He shows up with a bit of skill here and there but otherwise it’s like playing with ten men
Far better as an impact sub
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:17 - Nov 29 with 565 viewsI_would

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Nov 29 by Bicester_North

Degenerate skate filth

Leave Prowsey alone he had quite a good game again.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:19 - Nov 29 with 559 viewsgrumpy

Cavani was the difference and as you say we lack strength in depth to beat teams like United.
Where is this seasons record signing.
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:21 - Nov 29 with 548 viewssaintwizzler

This.
Cavani was/is a superb player.
Impact sub at least now.
That is the difference.
There’s still a massive gap between us and the final top six.

Money talks.
Man Utd have it, we don’t.
Bring on Brighton.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:21 - Nov 29 with 549 viewsdirk_doone

Every time Shane Long comes on now, I think, oh no, that's it. When we bring him on, it's a huge boost for the opposition as they know we're no longer trying to win the game and they scent blood. If we'd brought N'Lundulu on earlier, instead of Long, it would have showed we were still very much in the game and he would have given United something different to think about. In the VERY short time N'Lundulu was on, you could see immediately that he was trying to score, which you never see nowadays from Long, and that meant United had to keep men back. In fact Tella and N'Lundulu should both have been on instead of Long and Diallo.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 16:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Nov 29 with 517 viewsTimSaint

Deja vu from Monday.

Weather the storm
Play well
Get in front
Sit back
Invite pressure
Concede

....only this time we conceded 3 !!

I guess it highlights the huge gulf in squad size and quality between the 2 sides.

2nd half we basically sat back and tried to soak up the pressure. We didn't learn from our mistakes that almost gifted United goals in the first half and went on to play our part for them in all 3 of their 2nd half goals.

Hopefully this will provide us with our 2nd wake up call of the season, after Spurs gave us the first one !!

2 winnable games coming up that could set us up nicely to go into the more challenging fixtures of Arsenal, Man City, Fulham, West Ham and Liverpool.

TimSaint

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Nov 29 with 505 viewskingslandstand1

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Nov 29 by Saintsforeverj

3 2 to them. I could sense it. Saints players looked nervous l. You just knew they would give it away.

Hate to say it, but if there were 30k in that stadium it could have been 4 or 5 with the way Man u get behind their players and I think the Saints crowd nerves would have got to the players even more so. We just need at least a 3 goal lead if we are to let that one goal in

Really hate sounding negative but just sat on the sofa watching was bad enough
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Nov 29 with 505 viewsKennington

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:21 - Nov 29 by dirk_doone

Every time Shane Long comes on now, I think, oh no, that's it. When we bring him on, it's a huge boost for the opposition as they know we're no longer trying to win the game and they scent blood. If we'd brought N'Lundulu on earlier, instead of Long, it would have showed we were still very much in the game and he would have given United something different to think about. In the VERY short time N'Lundulu was on, you could see immediately that he was trying to score, which you never see nowadays from Long, and that meant United had to keep men back. In fact Tella and N'Lundulu should both have been on instead of Long and Diallo.

We have a decent 11 but our squad depth will mean we finish around 12th. As was evidenced today, we ran ourselves into the ground but broadly none of our subs offer much and certainly not a goal threat. Hence we’ll get picked off and lose from winning positions. Nothing is more telling than the graphic about points dropped. Might be w long Christmas and new year if there are any injuries to key players.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Nov 29 with 491 viewsI_would

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:21 - Nov 29 by dirk_doone

Spot on. I actually think Ralph's ok as a coach but we need a manager on the touchline now for choosing the team and for subs. We were mentally beaten after 40 minutes and were an accident waiting to happen.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Nov 29 with 490 viewskingslandstand1

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:09 - Nov 29 by BuenosSaint

Commentator said we still have the grim stat " lost most points from Winning positions" since the period RH takes over.

I'm not knocking him. just gutted. rather we had lost 2 or 3 - 0 straight off. Hate leading and losing.

But that stat says it all. Hate sounding like a bedwetter but that is the stark truth. We've been brilliant overt the last couple of months but as has been said below, we get in to potential attacking position and then it goes backward which shows maybe that we cannot create from nothing or a lack of movement when required?

Ok, they had Carvani to bring on but both of his goals could have been prevented and came from mistakes near the half way line
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Nov 29 with 490 viewsdirk_doone

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Nov 29 by TimSaint

Deja vu from Monday.

Weather the storm
Play well
Get in front
Sit back
Invite pressure
Concede

....only this time we conceded 3 !!

I guess it highlights the huge gulf in squad size and quality between the 2 sides.

2nd half we basically sat back and tried to soak up the pressure. We didn't learn from our mistakes that almost gifted United goals in the first half and went on to play our part for them in all 3 of their 2nd half goals.

Hopefully this will provide us with our 2nd wake up call of the season, after Spurs gave us the first one !!

2 winnable games coming up that could set us up nicely to go into the more challenging fixtures of Arsenal, Man City, Fulham, West Ham and Liverpool.

United and Spurs both have fantastic attacks and dodgy defences. The only way you can beat them is to attack in both halves of the game. If you sit back and try to defend a lead and let them play the game in your half then you are giving the game away by playing to their strengths.

When Cavani came on, I immediately thought of Ibrahimović scoring the late winner in the League Cup Final after we brought Long on as a sub.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 16:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Nov 29 with 450 viewsdarthvader

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Nov 29 by dirk_doone

United and Spurs both have fantastic attacks and dodgy defences. The only way you can beat them is to attack in both halves of the game. If you sit back and try to defend a lead and let them play the game in your half then you are giving the game away by playing to their strengths.

When Cavani came on, I immediately thought of Ibrahimović scoring the late winner in the League Cup Final after we brought Long on as a sub.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 16:40]

I hope Ings will be fit to play our next game, deffinatly missed him today. And Redmond too

keep the faith coyr

Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Nov 29 with 398 viewsA1079

I think the fans and even the players started to make too much noise after the brief foray at the top and the Newcastle result. Seasons are not won or lost in November.

Against Wolves and today some old habits have crept back in:-

- surrendering a lead;
- not taking teams to the sword when on top;
- Ole's substitutions worked, ours didn't;
- Once we conceded one goal Man U believed in themselves and we panicked;
- defenders failing to protect the keeper in the 2nd half;

Today is not a disaster but disappointing and losing 3-2 against Utd has a certain ring of familiarity about it. But in the first half we showed some qualities though I never thought we were on top. We are missing Ings and it shows that there is no substitution for quality. Still proud of what RH has achieved in the last 12 months and I think we will finish about mid-table but I don't think we have the depth in quality to break into the top 6 or we certainly haven't if we start getting injuries. RH one weakness does seem to be his use of substitutions or to change tactics when the opposition changes tactics, but the football is miles better under RH and he has given us hope and belief.

The defence that looked to have improved have looked vulnerable again against better opposition and that is a worry if Salisu is not going to be available to offer the alternative that we had all hoped that he would (and sooner or later the truth of that situation needs to come out!).

Hopefully today will just be another wake up call and we can press on again. We can still mix it and have a say and it has the making of being a good season but when we do win we need to go quietly about our business.
Man Utd Game Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Nov 29 with 380 views1885_SFC

I will feel much better if Ings & Redmond are both fit for the next game onwards.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024