Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale 00:30 - Dec 11 with 20142 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53624/match-preview-peterbo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 2096 views442Dale

I’ve seen Brierley get the ball, immediately look forward and hit a pass out wide. Not hard.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 2093 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:50 - Dec 12 by Barrowdale

Baah on with 2 left. Brilliant
Time to retire Brian

4-1 down at half time and no changes until the 72nd minute. Then we make 3 in the 89th minute, at the risk of sounding like Geoff Shreeves, what's the thinking there?
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Dec 12 with 2000 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Dec 12 by funkkk

4-1 down at half time and no changes until the 72nd minute. Then we make 3 in the 89th minute, at the risk of sounding like Geoff Shreeves, what's the thinking there?

BBM heard about IOM's bet?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Dec 12 with 2002 viewsDalenet

Campaign now to stay in tier 3......then nobody has to watch us live
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Dec 12 with 1985 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:26 - Dec 12 by James1980

If only we could spend over million quid on a player.

If only we could get the basics right of defending, then even million pound attackers wouldn’t find it so easy to score.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Dec 12 with 1894 viewsdawlishdale

Well that was horrible again Brian. And Posh on a terrible run of form before today; losing 4 out of the last 5 games, and by all accounts playing awful football. we made them look like Worldbeaters.

I don't understand what you are trying to do in continuing to play Keohane and Dooley. They are probably playing 2 or 3 divisions above where they should be.

I don't understand why you waited until the 72'nd minute before making a change, and then it was to bring another player who shouldn't be playing on...and a defender to boot,.

I don't understand why you waited until the 88th minute to make 3 changes...when we are 4-1 (and damn lucky it wasn't worse) down. What is your logic for that tactical gem?

And there is little point mentioning Matt Done...such is his lack of attacking threat, He makes Calvin look like an absolute worldbeater.

I'm fed up. and as for the poster who asked what we expect... I expect to be able to understand what we are at least trying to do...even if we can't compete. I don't expect to be pointing out the daft managerial decisions BBM keeps making week after week.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:07 - Dec 12 with 1886 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:54 - Dec 12 by funkkk

Maybe they're on an appearance bonus, BBM wanted to give them an early Xmas present?
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:10 - Dec 12 with 1854 viewsRotherhamDale

I mentioned Bola a few weeks ago when he got dragged off at half time. He is clearly nowhere near good enough. Maybe McNulty can play at centre half and roberts go to left back?

Lynch isn't good enough. Keohane very very average. Dooley terrible. Morley average.

I feel sorry for Newby and Humphreys at times. They are the only players who try and look forwards.

Brian has no plan B.

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:10 - Dec 12 with 1853 viewsDaleiLama

Did it get any better second half? I genuinely fell asleep it was that bad.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:16 - Dec 12 with 1782 views100notout

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:48 - Dec 12 by 442Dale

We’re 4-1 down, Done breaks down the wing. Then all of a sudden the ball is back with our centre halves who are under pressure. That’s not blaming individual players, it’s the commitment to the way we play even when it’s creating problems for ourselves. Complete nonsense at times and we don’t need anyone to tell us otherwise.

Great post - tells you everything about how we have played, why we are so poor to watch and what we need to change

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:16 - Dec 12 with 1774 viewsJames1980

Why can we never accept we were beaten by the better team? We only seem to lose because the team iswoeful our manager who is in his first job as a first team manager is a clueless imbecile. Sorry you guys are all great but sometimes the arrogance is outstanding. We weren't great but Pboro had a game plan they stuck to their team seemed bigger, stronger and more better quality as a whole.

I asked about crowd sizes increasing significantly if we were successful the other day, because I wondered about our business model. Do we not gamble on higher value players because even if it resulted in success on the pitch the board don't think the outlay would see sufficient backsides on seats to cover the cost? The model seems to be just by the skin of our teeth survive in league one and play in away that will hopefully develop one or two players who will be attractive to teams higher up the food chain. Entertainment seems to be way down the list.

Fully expect that will be seen as nonsense but if got my rant of my chest 😀

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:25 - Dec 12 with 1682 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:16 - Dec 12 by James1980

Why can we never accept we were beaten by the better team? We only seem to lose because the team iswoeful our manager who is in his first job as a first team manager is a clueless imbecile. Sorry you guys are all great but sometimes the arrogance is outstanding. We weren't great but Pboro had a game plan they stuck to their team seemed bigger, stronger and more better quality as a whole.

I asked about crowd sizes increasing significantly if we were successful the other day, because I wondered about our business model. Do we not gamble on higher value players because even if it resulted in success on the pitch the board don't think the outlay would see sufficient backsides on seats to cover the cost? The model seems to be just by the skin of our teeth survive in league one and play in away that will hopefully develop one or two players who will be attractive to teams higher up the food chain. Entertainment seems to be way down the list.

I don't know of one who person who doesn't think we were beaten by the better team today

The question has been raised on this thread about what fans expect, I think it's been answered pretty emphatically all round.

We have a much more patient and understanding fanbase than many I could name.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:27 - Dec 12 with 1671 viewsmilnrowblue

Thanks to the posters who replied to me - 100% everything has been taken on board.

Just to come back to you guys, I don’t see the magnitude of a 4-1 loss to a side who should’ve been promoted years ago a big deal. I also don’t see the way we play a big deal either. Who does better; Keith Hill? Darrell Clarke? God forbid Steve Evans who was 2nd favourite when Hilly got the boot.

So what we don’t hoof the ball and we try and play the game it should be. I truthfully believe it will hughly come good at some point. We do change styles, maybe not enough for some people, but I think our expectations should be staying up and having a few good wins along the way and then building on that each season.

We’ve lost a player who should’ve been our all time goal scorer without the COVID situation, who was arguably our only goal threat, and we’re still 18th with a game in hand on the two teams above us 1/3 the way through the season.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:29 - Dec 12 with 1654 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Dec 12 by dawlishdale

Well that was horrible again Brian. And Posh on a terrible run of form before today; losing 4 out of the last 5 games, and by all accounts playing awful football. we made them look like Worldbeaters.

I don't understand what you are trying to do in continuing to play Keohane and Dooley. They are probably playing 2 or 3 divisions above where they should be.

I don't understand why you waited until the 72'nd minute before making a change, and then it was to bring another player who shouldn't be playing on...and a defender to boot,.

I don't understand why you waited until the 88th minute to make 3 changes...when we are 4-1 (and damn lucky it wasn't worse) down. What is your logic for that tactical gem?

And there is little point mentioning Matt Done...such is his lack of attacking threat, He makes Calvin look like an absolute worldbeater.

I'm fed up. and as for the poster who asked what we expect... I expect to be able to understand what we are at least trying to do...even if we can't compete. I don't expect to be pointing out the daft managerial decisions BBM keeps making week after week.

I expect BBM thought at half time “who wants to go out and play for the shirt”. Newby being replaced I get. He has been playing to much football. By swapping him with Done at least you are not exposing a younger to a team with their tails up. Done did at least have 3 attempts, so far better from than most supports expected.
As for the 3 late subs. Yes they could have come on 10 minutes earlier, but if we then concede another couple of goals the fans get even more upset.
3 points from three difficult games, 5 goals for 7 against. Had the games been played the other way around That outcome would be viewed differently. The next 10 games define the season. Only the Charlton games is a tough one. Dale, time to roll your sleeves up and show your metal.
UTD
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:31 - Dec 12 with 1644 viewsIOMDale

Edited.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 17:33]

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:33 - Dec 12 with 1613 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:59 - Dec 12 by D_Alien

BBM heard about IOM's bet?

Didn’t put too much on it but still, trust us to show up for the second half after a dicking.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Dec 12 with 1556 viewsRotherhamDale

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:16 - Dec 12 by James1980

We do accept that we were beaten by the better team. Peterborough are better than we are. Fact.

However

What we don't accept is that we can't compete. After 30 seconds today, we were dicking about with it and gave it away 25 yards out and they hit the post. After that you just knew what was coming.

Apart from a freak result at Plymouth, what is our recent record? It must be 1 win in about 10 games. I fully accept that we will and should be near the bottom of league 1. But at least try something new or have a go at teams.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Dec 12 with 1550 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:31 - Dec 12 by IOMDale

Edited.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 17:33]

That does happen a fair bit when you get a high scoring 1st half. Very rarely if a team is 4 or 5 up at ht they replicate it in the 2nd half. I guess the job has been done and they can just have a stroll.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:42 - Dec 12 with 1539 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:27 - Dec 12 by milnrowblue

Thanks to the posters who replied to me - 100% everything has been taken on board.

Just to come back to you guys, I don’t see the magnitude of a 4-1 loss to a side who should’ve been promoted years ago a big deal. I also don’t see the way we play a big deal either. Who does better; Keith Hill? Darrell Clarke? God forbid Steve Evans who was 2nd favourite when Hilly got the boot.

So what we don’t hoof the ball and we try and play the game it should be. I truthfully believe it will hughly come good at some point. We do change styles, maybe not enough for some people, but I think our expectations should be staying up and having a few good wins along the way and then building on that each season.

We’ve lost a player who should’ve been our all time goal scorer without the COVID situation, who was arguably our only goal threat, and we’re still 18th with a game in hand on the two teams above us 1/3 the way through the season.

20th and hanging on above the drop zone by the merest thread, whilst at least some of the teams who started the season badly are picking up form. We appear incapable of changing in response to reality

BBM unfortunately appears to be in denial, at least in public, but what he says he's seeing isn't helping the fanbase (who don't take kindly to bullshit) or giving us much hope

He's got some credit still in the bank with many of us, mainly due to some rousing cup performances and a few league games where we played more directly without giving up on the footballing philosophy he espouses. But he needs to take greater care with what he's telling us he's seeing, and any improvement will only happen with greater honesty on his part

As for us, we've got absolutely no illusions about the task he faces - any Dale manager faces. We've got Wigan on Tuesday, and it could prove to be a pivotal game one way or the other. That's where i stand right now, and want to see a reaction from the manager that gives us something to hang onto during these dark days

[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:46 - Dec 12 with 1506 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Dec 12 by dingdangblue

That does happen a fair bit when you get a high scoring 1st half. Very rarely if a team is 4 or 5 up at ht they replicate it in the 2nd half. I guess the job has been done and they can just have a stroll.

To be honest DDB, I just couldn’t see us stabilising in the second half but as you say, the fact that it didn’t come in had more to do with Posh being happy to sit back and take it easy.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:57 - Dec 12 with 1446 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:29 - Dec 12 by jonahwhereru

I expect BBM thought at half time “who wants to go out and play for the shirt”. Newby being replaced I get. He has been playing to much football. By swapping him with Done at least you are not exposing a younger to a team with their tails up. Done did at least have 3 attempts, so far better from than most supports expected.
As for the 3 late subs. Yes they could have come on 10 minutes earlier, but if we then concede another couple of goals the fans get even more upset.
3 points from three difficult games, 5 goals for 7 against. Had the games been played the other way around That outcome would be viewed differently. The next 10 games define the season. Only the Charlton games is a tough one. Dale, time to roll your sleeves up and show your metal.
UTD

How is Charlton the only 'tough' game in the next ten?

They're all tough games when you're in the form we are, with no sign of it changing any day soon.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 18:04 - Dec 12 with 1405 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:57 - Dec 12 by TVOS1907

How is Charlton the only 'tough' game in the next ten?

They're all tough games when you're in the form we are, with no sign of it changing any day soon.

You’ll never make an odds compiler!
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 18:04 - Dec 12 with 1403 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 18:06 - Dec 12 with 1391 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:41 - Dec 12 by RotherhamDale

We do accept that we were beaten by the better team. Peterborough are better than we are. Fact.

However

What we don't accept is that we can't compete. After 30 seconds today, we were dicking about with it and gave it away 25 yards out and they hit the post. After that you just knew what was coming.

Apart from a freak result at Plymouth, what is our recent record? It must be 1 win in about 10 games. I fully accept that we will and should be near the bottom of league 1. But at least try something new or have a go at teams.

But what if the opposition team plays in such a it nullifies any intent we have and whatever we try the other team has an answer for it?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 18:06 - Dec 12 with 1391 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 18:04 - Dec 12 by jonahwhereru

You’ll never make an odds compiler!

I've no intention of doing, but it doesn't answer the question.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024