Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale 00:30 - Dec 11 with 20143 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53624/match-preview-peterbo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:36 - Dec 14 with 1664 viewsJames1980

Back four of Roberts McShane O'Connell Mclaughlin?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:58 - Dec 14 with 1612 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:46 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

Man Utd, Old Trafford, held to a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes, 25 Sept 2019

Newcastle, COA, held to a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes, 4 Jan 2020

These performances (including making a major change to our formation after just half an hour in the latter fixture, which demonstrates he can see what's obvious and needs changing) put a great deal of credit in BBM's bank with the fans, but he's rapidly running out.

We need an amazing response? No shit...

How can you forget Tottenham COA 18/02/18 😀

Cheating diving Ali & Steve Davis wonder goal

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:00 - Dec 14 with 1616 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:36 - Dec 14 by James1980

Back four of Roberts McShane O'Connell Mclaughlin?

I'd like to see Roberts tried in the deep midfield role in front of the back four

He's not only our most accomplished player in possession but it'd allow him to utilise his runs upfield without having to worry about cover behind him

In addition, i do wonder if some of our defensive difficulties arise due to his inexperience. If McShane's fit, get him back in alongside O'Connell thus freeing Roberts and incidentally, Morley to play further forward

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Dec 14 with 1608 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:58 - Dec 14 by blackdogblue

How can you forget Tottenham COA 18/02/18 😀

Cheating diving Ali & Steve Davis wonder goal

I'll never forget that game bdb, but it seems you've forgotten it happened under KH!

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:02 - Dec 14 with 1601 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:00 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

I'd like to see Roberts tried in the deep midfield role in front of the back four

He's not only our most accomplished player in possession but it'd allow him to utilise his runs upfield without having to worry about cover behind him

In addition, i do wonder if some of our defensive difficulties arise due to his inexperience. If McShane's fit, get him back in alongside O'Connell thus freeing Roberts and incidentally, Morley to play further forward

Sounds like a good plan, Keohane at left back?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:04 - Dec 14 with 1590 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:02 - Dec 14 by James1980

Sounds like a good plan, Keohane at left back?

I'm hoping BBM will get an experienced replacement for Bola in the January window, but until then, needs must providing McLaughlin's available on the right

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:06 - Dec 14 with 1569 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:01 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

I'll never forget that game bdb, but it seems you've forgotten it happened under KH!

Apologies was just skim reading & didn’t realise it was BBM’s games 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:12 - Dec 14 with 1557 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:04 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

I'm hoping BBM will get an experienced replacement for Bola in the January window, but until then, needs must providing McLaughlin's available on the right

Can we afford an experienced one though?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:29 - Dec 14 with 1504 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:04 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

I might get slated for saying this, but I thought Done had a couple of decent games at left back before Bola's arrival and was unlucky to get shunted. He might not be the long term solution but he might be worth trying again for a few games? Bola's confidence looks shot to bits and Keohane hasn't been much better.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:35 - Dec 14 with 1498 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:29 - Dec 14 by richfoad32

I might get slated for saying this, but I thought Done had a couple of decent games at left back before Bola's arrival and was unlucky to get shunted. He might not be the long term solution but he might be worth trying again for a few games? Bola's confidence looks shot to bits and Keohane hasn't been much better.

As arguable 3 of our best players are McShane O'Connell and Roberts how about 3 4 3?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:55 - Dec 14 with 1457 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:35 - Dec 14 by James1980

As arguable 3 of our best players are McShane O'Connell and Roberts how about 3 4 3?

It could work, but I have absolutely no faith in McShane's ability to stay fit and put a run of games together. Especially over the congested Xmas period.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:58 - Dec 14 with 1438 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:55 - Dec 14 by richfoad32

It could work, but I have absolutely no faith in McShane's ability to stay fit and put a run of games together. Especially over the congested Xmas period.

Alternate McShane and another?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:40 - Dec 14 with 1292 viewsEllDale

I’m convinced in my own mind that McShane played a fair few games at right back whilst at both Sunderland and Hull City.
Or play a back three of McShane, O’Connell and Roberts?
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 21:08 - Dec 14 with 1238 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:40 - Dec 14 by EllDale

I’m convinced in my own mind that McShane played a fair few games at right back whilst at both Sunderland and Hull City.
Or play a back three of McShane, O’Connell and Roberts?

He definitely did, he played there for the Republic of Ireland a few times too.

I'm not sure he has the mobility to do it anymore mind.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:02 - Dec 15 with 1014 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:22 - Dec 14 by TVOS1907

I think he's getting Baah and Bola mixed up.

Oops. I did indeed get them mixed up.

In Bola's first couple of games, he was great...very attack minded, and willing to work hard. Since then; it's like he's had the confidence knocked right out of him as he has hardly ever dared to pass forwards and seldom ventured out of his own half.

Others have also seen this, so I reckon it's down to Managerial instructions.

Bet he goes back asap, and I can't really blame him.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 13:54 - Dec 15 with 922 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:02 - Dec 15 by golfaduffy

In Bola's first couple of games, he was great...very attack minded, and willing to work hard. Since then; it's like he's had the confidence knocked right out of him as he has hardly ever dared to pass forwards and seldom ventured out of his own half.

If/When he goes back he might go straight into Arsenal's starting eleven with their woes.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 14:56 - Dec 15 with 866 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:02 - Dec 15 by golfaduffy

What about RND though? Did he ignore the orders by BBM or was he more confident in executing the plan due to his ability and the players he had around him? Or have the tactics changed this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024