Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale 00:30 - Dec 11 with 20175 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53624/match-preview-peterbo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 10:13 - Dec 13 with 2358 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 23:58 - Dec 12 by Shun

Sorry to be pedantic, but if the season carries on exactly as it has done so far then it won’t be League Two football next season, as we’re currently not in the bottom 4. As you say, the table doesn’t lie!

I’ll admit to being more worried than I was a few weeks ago, and I share everybody’s frustration at the style of play, but I’m still slightly erring on the ‘stay up’ side. Results haven’t been great, but we’ve really only been comprehensively outplayed 4 times this league season - Lincoln, Oxford, Hull and Posh - and only the latter two of those would be what you’d consider a hammering. It’s no surprise that 3 of those 4 are in the top 4 and have been all season.

We don’t need to be amazing, we just need to be better than 4 sides across a season. I think that’s very achievable, although it is frustrating when we know how good we can be yet we come out with performances like the 4 mentioned above.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:55]

I admire the optimism Shun. But I think we have been outplayed by many more sides for large parts of games that has put us on the back foot. Swindon, Salford, Stockport. If we think we can win games by upping our pace and penetration for 15 minutes a game we won't win many.

The club is at a crossroads. BBM wants to play in a certain way and wants it to work. He is straining every sinew to make it work. But we can't afford the players that have the skill to do it. He has to decide whether he can vary his game plan to get results. Yes we all want to be entertained but we must win more games and play with more urgency. He is inexperienced and a little naive at times and I doubt that he would walk into another club if he lost this job. So a test for him is to see whether he can adapt. Lets be honest we have no idea what our crowds will be like when we come through this pandemic. We may have lost a thousand fans for good. The football on show won't bring people back.

Let us hope he can be more flexible......for his own wellbeing as well as ours
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 10:27 - Dec 13 with 2321 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 09:37 - Dec 13 by BillyRudd

I would agree with all that you say Shun, other than your point about the table. My premise for League 2 is that "as the season carries on" the current trajectory is downwards in terms of league position, points gained per match and I presume confidence in the camp. Yes we are 20th now but come whenever the season ends (I lose track) then with current trends we won,t be. I would take 20th position right now.
Other than the current trend , the main reason I fear the worst are not the spankings we occasionally get from the big budget teams, it is the results we will get from the current 6 pointers in the relegation scrap to come. Tuesday against the pie eaters being a case in point. My belief is that without a change to a scrappy, row z, increased pace, in your face frenetic style of play we wont come out of it well.
I agree with you that we have the players to stay up but that depends on how the manager manages plus a reasonable share of luck. Up until recently I was 100% attuned with you in believing that we would pick up enough points to survive, here and there. The naivety shown in the first 20 minutes yesterday definitely laid that to rest. I am a great believer, after a result in the old adage that win or lose you are never as good or bad as you think you are.However as I see it, the danger here is that BBM continually thinks we are better than we in reality are.
Do I think we can survive? Certainly.
Do I think we can survive if current styles of play are not changed? Almost certainly not.
I hope you prove to be right Shun but I can,t help thinking that its a mighty thin straw we are clutching on to.
The Wigan game will tell us a lot I think on what our true position is as a combative outfit as their trajactory is up, with back to back wins.
Up the Dale

The change you and many of us are looking for is precisely the change that BBM himself implemented after taking over in early 2019. It kept us up, and was good to watch

We've seen glimpses of it since, notably when his current 'style' saw us sinking into the mire last season

There's a pattern here. He needs to have a serious word with himself before he drains the life out of the players and fans. I believe he can do it, but the time is now, not in February

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 13:31 - Dec 13 with 2130 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 10:06 - Dec 13 by dingdangblue

Has anyone from the club even said anything about the Bazunu injury? Other than the match after he returned from Ireland U21 duty and it was mentioned by BBM that he was being assessed?

...and what of Ryan McLaughlin?

Played the whole 90 mins against Lincoln with no apparent problem but nowhere to be seen or heard of, yesterday?

The lad is a good player (WHEN FIT) and sadly missed.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 14:08 - Dec 13 with 2090 viewsTomRAFC

Fullbacks are a worry. We've got great centre-backs on paper but our marking is awful.

We need a really nasty central midfielder like Cav or Dawson. Lund does an ok job but he seems to slow down play as well.

I'd love a Peter V style outlet.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 14:49 - Dec 13 with 2003 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 13:31 - Dec 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

...and what of Ryan McLaughlin?

Played the whole 90 mins against Lincoln with no apparent problem but nowhere to be seen or heard of, yesterday?

The lad is a good player (WHEN FIT) and sadly missed.

The second part of your post probably answers the first question YD?
When has he played any successive games for a period of time, why we'd expect any different is just madness, a very strange signing given his injuries
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:35 - Dec 13 with 1954 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 18:42 - Dec 12 by blackdogblue

You in tier one? 🤣

Tier two expect I've been ed

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:57 - Dec 13 with 1894 viewsShun

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 14:08 - Dec 13 by TomRAFC

Fullbacks are a worry. We've got great centre-backs on paper but our marking is awful.

We need a really nasty central midfielder like Cav or Dawson. Lund does an ok job but he seems to slow down play as well.

I'd love a Peter V style outlet.

I’d love a Dawson/Cav type player. We’ve been desperately missing one since, well, Dawson left. I thought Rhys Bennett might be able to fill that role for us (as well as providing cover across the back 4), but we didn’t go for him and he’s getting rave reviews at Carlisle.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 19:46 - Dec 13 with 1718 viewskel

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 10:27 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

The change you and many of us are looking for is precisely the change that BBM himself implemented after taking over in early 2019. It kept us up, and was good to watch

We've seen glimpses of it since, notably when his current 'style' saw us sinking into the mire last season

There's a pattern here. He needs to have a serious word with himself before he drains the life out of the players and fans. I believe he can do it, but the time is now, not in February

That’s pretty much where I’m at. I really like BBM and think he’s a really good fit for the club but the football isn’t good to watch at all and I’ve been extremely patient with that compared to the ‘supporters’ on those Facebook groups who go from one extreme to the other per match.

A few tweaks here and there and we’ve more than enough to stay up which has to be the first target every season despite said supporters appearing to want us to win 10-0 every week whilst playing like Barcelona under Pep. And even then they’d find something else to do with the club to whine about as it’s just their pessimistic nature.

As one of the players tweeted just today - Time to stick together.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 19:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:38 - Dec 13 with 1621 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 19:46 - Dec 13 by kel

That’s pretty much where I’m at. I really like BBM and think he’s a really good fit for the club but the football isn’t good to watch at all and I’ve been extremely patient with that compared to the ‘supporters’ on those Facebook groups who go from one extreme to the other per match.

A few tweaks here and there and we’ve more than enough to stay up which has to be the first target every season despite said supporters appearing to want us to win 10-0 every week whilst playing like Barcelona under Pep. And even then they’d find something else to do with the club to whine about as it’s just their pessimistic nature.

As one of the players tweeted just today - Time to stick together.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 19:47]

While the tantrums on FB are laughably misplaced or without reasoned argument, I think there is also another extreme of blind positivity starting to surface, which is just as damaging. I’ve always tended to take the middle ground with Dale, without tinted glasses. Praise where it’s due but, likewise, criticism too.

BBM does need to shoulder blame for some of the recent performances, as well as the players. That point can be made without vitriol, or, on the flip side, without fear of it being branded ridiculous by people that happened to speak to him once.

So, while we are indeed all in it together - and will be long after the current playing staff and coaching staff have moved on - we can still call a spade a spade. Unless it’s a shovel.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:53 - Dec 13 with 1605 viewskel

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:38 - Dec 13 by fitzochris

While the tantrums on FB are laughably misplaced or without reasoned argument, I think there is also another extreme of blind positivity starting to surface, which is just as damaging. I’ve always tended to take the middle ground with Dale, without tinted glasses. Praise where it’s due but, likewise, criticism too.

BBM does need to shoulder blame for some of the recent performances, as well as the players. That point can be made without vitriol, or, on the flip side, without fear of it being branded ridiculous by people that happened to speak to him once.

So, while we are indeed all in it together - and will be long after the current playing staff and coaching staff have moved on - we can still call a spade a spade. Unless it’s a shovel.

Yeah that’s fair enough, it’s just the vitriol you mentioned that gets on my tits. The singling out of Morley by some is extremely unfair given that he’s clearly playing under instruction from the manager and would probably himself like to play with more freedom. People should remember he’s still a very young player and saying things like he’s not as good as he thinks he is helps nobody. By all means criticise his performances if you must but don’t get personal with it. That goes for all the players, obv.

I think I need to give those groups a swerve, especially as I saw someone today state we should “Get the Shrewsbury manager.” You know, that bloke they appointed about two weeks ago.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 20:54]
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:57 - Dec 13 with 1586 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:53 - Dec 13 by kel

Yeah that’s fair enough, it’s just the vitriol you mentioned that gets on my tits. The singling out of Morley by some is extremely unfair given that he’s clearly playing under instruction from the manager and would probably himself like to play with more freedom. People should remember he’s still a very young player and saying things like he’s not as good as he thinks he is helps nobody. By all means criticise his performances if you must but don’t get personal with it. That goes for all the players, obv.

I think I need to give those groups a swerve, especially as I saw someone today state we should “Get the Shrewsbury manager.” You know, that bloke they appointed about two weeks ago.

Or the one they sacked when his team was below us?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:58 - Dec 13 with 1585 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:53 - Dec 13 by kel

Haha. Absolutely. That’s what I mean about it being unreasonable or vitriolic. There is a lot of that.

I personally have advocated for Morley to push further forward several times too - my way of saying I know he doesn’t want to be playing where he is currently, but he is just doing as he’s told.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:59 - Dec 13 with 1588 viewskel

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:57 - Dec 13 by TVOS1907

Or the one they sacked when his team was below us?

Aye, I did wonder if they meant that one too.

Facebook does have its benefits though. You can find out all sorts there.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Dec 13 with 1567 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 20:59 - Dec 13 by kel

Aye, I did wonder if they meant that one too.

Facebook does have its benefits though. You can find out all sorts there.

True

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 01:41 - Dec 14 with 1433 viewsAtThePeake

I refrained from posting or commenting on Saturday as I was incredibly frustrated at full-time. More frustrated than I've been for a long time watching Dale if I'm honest, and that frustration after a defeat leads to a lot of those over-reacting Facebook posts being mentioned in this thread.

But I'm still frustrated two days on and my frustration lies in the fact that the result and performance was all so predictable on Saturday. The dreadful defending at set pieces, the overplaying in the wrong areas, the lack of options to change the game from the bench, the ineffectual individual performances from certain players. We've seen them all so many times before. As others have said, Peterborough may have a huge budget compared to us, but they were in bad form and didn't even have to play particularly well, they were just gifted chance after chance by our lacklustre display and gifted the points as a result. After games such as the Hull and Lincoln ones, I think you can hold your hands up and say - we didn't do much wrong today, but a team with better players than us played well and we couldn't handle them. It's not enough to just say "well they have better players than us" because we have better players than Stockport, but they still found a way to beat us. At the very least you have to make sure the opponent, even if they do have more quality, have to work hard to win. Posh didn't even have to get out of second gear.

For what it's worth, I don't necessarily think a complete change in style is required (and I'm a long way from thinking BBM should be under any serious pressure). I've said before that results dictate our opinions on playing styles and I really do believe that. I think what made the upturn in form after BBM's first few months in charge was the fact that we were winning - I don't remember being particularly enthused by an attack-minded style in those matches whatsoever. In fact, I remember most being quite attritional, low-scoring games with few chances and had we come out on the losing side in the games I remember such as Bristol Rovers away and the home games against Wycombe and Southend, I think we'd have walked away from those games bemoaning a lack of attacking intent and talking about really poor games to watch. As it happened, we came out on top in those games and earned huge points, making the style pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme.

So I don't think a huge overhaul of style is required to improve this situation, there are just things we need to improve on, simple as that. Like stopping trying to play through the press for 10 minutes if it's leading to the other team creating chances. Like making some positive attacking changes at a time when they can effect the game rather than the 88th minute. Like being able to competently defend set pieces. Like not bringing Matt Done on because he offers literally nothing anymore. Smaller changes like that lead to a different outcome on Saturday, let's hope we see them in the next few, very important games.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 10:41 - Dec 14 with 1294 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 01:41 - Dec 14 by AtThePeake

I refrained from posting or commenting on Saturday as I was incredibly frustrated at full-time. More frustrated than I've been for a long time watching Dale if I'm honest, and that frustration after a defeat leads to a lot of those over-reacting Facebook posts being mentioned in this thread.

But I'm still frustrated two days on and my frustration lies in the fact that the result and performance was all so predictable on Saturday. The dreadful defending at set pieces, the overplaying in the wrong areas, the lack of options to change the game from the bench, the ineffectual individual performances from certain players. We've seen them all so many times before. As others have said, Peterborough may have a huge budget compared to us, but they were in bad form and didn't even have to play particularly well, they were just gifted chance after chance by our lacklustre display and gifted the points as a result. After games such as the Hull and Lincoln ones, I think you can hold your hands up and say - we didn't do much wrong today, but a team with better players than us played well and we couldn't handle them. It's not enough to just say "well they have better players than us" because we have better players than Stockport, but they still found a way to beat us. At the very least you have to make sure the opponent, even if they do have more quality, have to work hard to win. Posh didn't even have to get out of second gear.

For what it's worth, I don't necessarily think a complete change in style is required (and I'm a long way from thinking BBM should be under any serious pressure). I've said before that results dictate our opinions on playing styles and I really do believe that. I think what made the upturn in form after BBM's first few months in charge was the fact that we were winning - I don't remember being particularly enthused by an attack-minded style in those matches whatsoever. In fact, I remember most being quite attritional, low-scoring games with few chances and had we come out on the losing side in the games I remember such as Bristol Rovers away and the home games against Wycombe and Southend, I think we'd have walked away from those games bemoaning a lack of attacking intent and talking about really poor games to watch. As it happened, we came out on top in those games and earned huge points, making the style pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme.

So I don't think a huge overhaul of style is required to improve this situation, there are just things we need to improve on, simple as that. Like stopping trying to play through the press for 10 minutes if it's leading to the other team creating chances. Like making some positive attacking changes at a time when they can effect the game rather than the 88th minute. Like being able to competently defend set pieces. Like not bringing Matt Done on because he offers literally nothing anymore. Smaller changes like that lead to a different outcome on Saturday, let's hope we see them in the next few, very important games.

A good post, and one that the club would do well to note. Apart from a couple of the usual suspects who can see no wrong in whatever the club does, and the usual suspects who can see no right in whatever the club does, there are a large number of us in the middle, who, like Fitzochris, give praise and criticism where appropriate.

On Saturday, my I Follow was playing up, and somehow, I had their commentary chaps when it finally started to work, just after they scored the penalty.

The sheer number of times they mentioned our over-intricate passing, and sluggish play during the slaughter of the first half was exactly what we've been seeing, and saying all season. They mentioned that it was as though we had learned nothing from last seasons drubbing, and had resigned ourselves to a heavy defeat before the kick off. They also delighted in saying how poorly Peterborough had been playing before the game against us, but that we had obviously not done any homework on how to stop them playing, and we were set up way too narrow to stop them running at us down the wings. We were the perfect team for them to face, as we never pressed them at all, and allowed them to press our midfield and defence almost at will.

I'm hoping for a real change of attitude against Wigan. I'm also hopeful that BBM stops persisting with players who offer nothing. Done, Keohane , Baah (he looked a good player at first, but has regresses horribly whilst here, and looks like he can't wait to go back) and Dooley, who's only decent game this season was when he ran at the Plymouth defenders rather than going sideways.
Finally, I'm hoping that he admits defeat with his Morley as a sweeper experiment , and plays the lad 20 yards further upfield, where he can be a damn good player... a bit like Camps, who was also scandalously wasted here last season.

Wigan away tomorrow suddenly becomes a huge game...not only in terms of points to keep us out of the relegation places, but also in terms of player and supporter morale.

We may find ourselves able to host supporters on Saturday, and be nowhere near able to reach the 2000 capacity, which would speak volumes about the fan frustrations I've alluded to.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 11:27 - Dec 14 with 1247 viewsJames1980

How many times in the last few seasons have we lost against teams on a poor run?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:11 - Dec 14 with 1199 viewsBillyRudd

A typically well reasoned post AtthePeake" but when you wrote........

"So I don't think a huge overhaul of style is required to improve this situation, there are just things we need to improve on, simple as that. Like stopping trying to play through the press for 10 minutes if it's leading to the other team creating chances. Like making some positive attacking changes at a time when they can effect the game rather than the 88th minute. Like being able to competently defend set pieces. Like not bringing Matt Done on because he offers literally nothing anymore. Smaller changes like that lead to a different outcome on Saturday, let's hope we see them in the next few, very important games."

I think you are understating the case. Due to BBM,s stubbornness in the face of all evidence, those are major changes for him, not "small changes" (sic)
As D,alien has correctly pointed out he has definitly changed styles in the past but only in the nick of time. Time will tell starting with Tuesday which in the context of both our position in the table and overall season, is a massive game.

Up the Dale
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:14 - Dec 14 with 1195 viewsBucketBstard

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 17:42 - Dec 12 by D_Alien

20th and hanging on above the drop zone by the merest thread, whilst at least some of the teams who started the season badly are picking up form. We appear incapable of changing in response to reality

BBM unfortunately appears to be in denial, at least in public, but what he says he's seeing isn't helping the fanbase (who don't take kindly to bullshit) or giving us much hope

He's got some credit still in the bank with many of us, mainly due to some rousing cup performances and a few league games where we played more directly without giving up on the footballing philosophy he espouses. But he needs to take greater care with what he's telling us he's seeing, and any improvement will only happen with greater honesty on his part

As for us, we've got absolutely no illusions about the task he faces - any Dale manager faces. We've got Wigan on Tuesday, and it could prove to be a pivotal game one way or the other. That's where i stand right now, and want to see a reaction from the manager that gives us something to hang onto during these dark days

[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:36]

Rousing cup games ? Was that the one against S"itport? When we needed an injection of TV money more than anything due to Lockdown.
We need an amazing response against Wigan on Tuesday .
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:46 - Dec 14 with 1157 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:14 - Dec 14 by BucketBstard

Rousing cup games ? Was that the one against S"itport? When we needed an injection of TV money more than anything due to Lockdown.
We need an amazing response against Wigan on Tuesday .

Man Utd, Old Trafford, held to a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes, 25 Sept 2019

Newcastle, COA, held to a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes, 4 Jan 2020

These performances (including making a major change to our formation after just half an hour in the latter fixture, which demonstrates he can see what's obvious and needs changing) put a great deal of credit in BBM's bank with the fans, but he's rapidly running out.

We need an amazing response? No shit...

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 13:06 - Dec 14 with 1127 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 12:11 - Dec 14 by BillyRudd

A typically well reasoned post AtthePeake" but when you wrote........

"So I don't think a huge overhaul of style is required to improve this situation, there are just things we need to improve on, simple as that. Like stopping trying to play through the press for 10 minutes if it's leading to the other team creating chances. Like making some positive attacking changes at a time when they can effect the game rather than the 88th minute. Like being able to competently defend set pieces. Like not bringing Matt Done on because he offers literally nothing anymore. Smaller changes like that lead to a different outcome on Saturday, let's hope we see them in the next few, very important games."

I think you are understating the case. Due to BBM,s stubbornness in the face of all evidence, those are major changes for him, not "small changes" (sic)
As D,alien has correctly pointed out he has definitly changed styles in the past but only in the nick of time. Time will tell starting with Tuesday which in the context of both our position in the table and overall season, is a massive game.

Up the Dale

You make a good point BR. I think one of the reasons that I was determined to remain optimistic despite some of the early season defeats was the fact that I felt we were only a few small changes away from being able to compete. A few months down the line, and it seems that those changes still need to be made - so maybe they aren't so small after all.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 14:51 - Dec 14 with 1026 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 13:06 - Dec 14 by AtThePeake

You make a good point BR. I think one of the reasons that I was determined to remain optimistic despite some of the early season defeats was the fact that I felt we were only a few small changes away from being able to compete. A few months down the line, and it seems that those changes still need to be made - so maybe they aren't so small after all.

whilst no-one can be happy about our current playing style, with a third of the season gone we still haven't played 90 mins with our 2 first choice strikers - yes maybe clutching at straws

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:16 - Dec 14 with 975 viewsShun

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 10:41 - Dec 14 by golfaduffy

A good post, and one that the club would do well to note. Apart from a couple of the usual suspects who can see no wrong in whatever the club does, and the usual suspects who can see no right in whatever the club does, there are a large number of us in the middle, who, like Fitzochris, give praise and criticism where appropriate.

On Saturday, my I Follow was playing up, and somehow, I had their commentary chaps when it finally started to work, just after they scored the penalty.

The sheer number of times they mentioned our over-intricate passing, and sluggish play during the slaughter of the first half was exactly what we've been seeing, and saying all season. They mentioned that it was as though we had learned nothing from last seasons drubbing, and had resigned ourselves to a heavy defeat before the kick off. They also delighted in saying how poorly Peterborough had been playing before the game against us, but that we had obviously not done any homework on how to stop them playing, and we were set up way too narrow to stop them running at us down the wings. We were the perfect team for them to face, as we never pressed them at all, and allowed them to press our midfield and defence almost at will.

I'm hoping for a real change of attitude against Wigan. I'm also hopeful that BBM stops persisting with players who offer nothing. Done, Keohane , Baah (he looked a good player at first, but has regresses horribly whilst here, and looks like he can't wait to go back) and Dooley, who's only decent game this season was when he ran at the Plymouth defenders rather than going sideways.
Finally, I'm hoping that he admits defeat with his Morley as a sweeper experiment , and plays the lad 20 yards further upfield, where he can be a damn good player... a bit like Camps, who was also scandalously wasted here last season.

Wigan away tomorrow suddenly becomes a huge game...not only in terms of points to keep us out of the relegation places, but also in terms of player and supporter morale.

We may find ourselves able to host supporters on Saturday, and be nowhere near able to reach the 2000 capacity, which would speak volumes about the fan frustrations I've alluded to.

Agree with most of that, apart from the comment about Baah which I vehemently disagree with. He's been injured for the vast majority of the season, and on his first appearance back he won us a penalty within minutes of coming on. I don't see any evidence at all that he's regressed, and his social media presence would imply he's enjoying his time at the club.
Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:22 - Dec 14 with 959 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:16 - Dec 14 by Shun

Agree with most of that, apart from the comment about Baah which I vehemently disagree with. He's been injured for the vast majority of the season, and on his first appearance back he won us a penalty within minutes of coming on. I don't see any evidence at all that he's regressed, and his social media presence would imply he's enjoying his time at the club.

I think he's getting Baah and Bola mixed up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 16:32 - Dec 14 with 886 viewsShun

Match Thread: Peterborough vs Rochdale on 15:22 - Dec 14 by TVOS1907

I think he's getting Baah and Bola mixed up.

Fair enough, can't disagree about Bola!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024