Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good but Derogatory Nick-Names 14:36 - Dec 12 with 4067 viewsChesham_Saint

Ok, so we all know nick-names like wet spam and spuds are pretty pathetic. Likewise Saints being called ‘scummers’ as the word is used by many clubs (at least in the ‘scum’ form) to describe hated rivals. ‘Skates’ on the other hand, is quite brilliant as it is unique to them, historically accurate and grossly insulting. The Blue Few and Portsdown Hillbillies (given their inter-breeding) are also acceptable in my book.

As for other names, I do have a wry smile when I see opposition fans refer to us as ‘Stains’ as it’s a simple rearrangement of our name (and therefore unique), uncomplimentary and also a bit funny. ‘Jam Rags’ and ‘Deck Chairs’ are used for the likes of Sunderland and Stoke as well, so don’t cut it.

Another name I though was quite good recently was West Brom fans referring to Wolves as the ‘Dog Heads’.

Anyone have any more?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 17:16 - Dec 15 with 688 viewsChesham_Saint

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 16:05 - Dec 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

No asswipe, what I am saying is there aren't any bigger clubs than yours further down this list than your club

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_h

Oooh, she’s back. Really what can you possibly hope to achieve on here? Everything you do has the exact opposite effect of what you intend. A couple of decent skate posters on here in the past have at least done their little club proud by making reasoned points, but you?

Your constant cut and paste petty, meaningless rambles just make you and your club seem what they truly are: utterly and irredeemably pathetic.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 20:07 - Dec 15 with 648 viewsGasGiant

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 10:32 - Dec 15 by Chesham_Saint

So, does this mean we’re back to “skates” then? I (now) know you were in the RN GG, so must be familiar with this term of endearment...

Indeed I was Chesh - an airy fairy too as we were known - but I don't recognise the touchy feely RN of today at all. Yes - Skates was always the nickname I remember, and everyone knows the derivation!
Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 09:51 - Dec 17 with 579 viewsRon11

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 20:07 - Dec 15 by GasGiant

Indeed I was Chesh - an airy fairy too as we were known - but I don't recognise the touchy feely RN of today at all. Yes - Skates was always the nickname I remember, and everyone knows the derivation!

Did you ever watch the Raleigh documentary a couple of years ago?
Marched in, then it was 'please take a seat' FFS...
Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 16:39 - Dec 17 with 557 viewsGasGiant

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 09:51 - Dec 17 by Ron11

Did you ever watch the Raleigh documentary a couple of years ago?
Marched in, then it was 'please take a seat' FFS...

I don't remember it Ron but your description sounds on the mark. Soon it will be first name terms.
Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 12:18 - Dec 18 with 507 viewsdwayne_dibley

tw@tface

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 13:39 - Dec 18 with 500 viewsBerber

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 22:15 - Dec 14 by DorsetIan

Isn't that supposed to be about the M25?

But he was driving home to Middlesbrough as I understand it, so both could be correct.
Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 18:25 - Dec 18 with 478 views1teeminants

Good but Derogatory Nick-Names on 14:47 - Dec 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Let's be honest, one of the best nicknames for any club in the country is:

Trophy Dodgers

And there are few other clubs in the country to match Soton's sheer underachievement in terms of silverware for size of club. Hardly any clubs can aspire to your club's on-going lack of credibility in the 'filling the trophy cabinet stakes'.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 14:49]

How does it feel to be in tier 3 skate ?

I suppose you’re used to it having played in the lower leagues for most of your life.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024