Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salisu; Tremendous 19:39 - Feb 11 with 3025 viewsMeonsaint

Apart from a few ring rusty few touches I thought this chap looks the real deal.
I grew up on long journeys from Sarisbury Green with my Dad in the 70s watching Derby and this guy has the style of Roy Mcfarland. A cultured left foot, anticipation of attacks, strong in the tackle & quick. A powerful all round defender. In my opinion, an excellent acquisition.
Salisu; Tremendous on 19:40 - Feb 11 with 2378 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yes, he is very promising for the future. He looks superb.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2021 19:40]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Salisu; Tremendous on 19:42 - Feb 11 with 2357 viewsdirk_doone

We have a great spine to the team again: Forster-Salisu-Ward-Prowse-Ings. It's been a few years since we could say that.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Salisu; Tremendous on 19:47 - Feb 11 with 2306 viewsIngskneeslide

Thought he looked great but as a young player he will make mistakes and we need to support him when he does. In a completely unrelated question, do we have the most bipolar fans in the country? 😉
Salisu; Tremendous on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 2290 viewssaint22

Salisu; Tremendous on 19:40 - Feb 11 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, he is very promising for the future. He looks superb.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2021 19:40]

Indeed!
Salisu; Tremendous on 21:51 - Feb 11 with 2091 viewsSadoldgit

Salisu; Tremendous on 19:42 - Feb 11 by dirk_doone

We have a great spine to the team again: Forster-Salisu-Ward-Prowse-Ings. It's been a few years since we could say that.

Don’t you mean Vestergaard? Salisu has only just made his debut and whilst looking promising, made a couple of howlers. Hopefully he will have an excellent career with us but saying he is part of a great spine seems a bit previous.
Salisu; Tremendous on 22:06 - Feb 11 with 2066 viewsButty101

Salisu; Tremendous on 19:47 - Feb 11 by Ingskneeslide

Thought he looked great but as a young player he will make mistakes and we need to support him when he does. In a completely unrelated question, do we have the most bipolar fans in the country? 😉

Was thinking the same. We played a wolves team that were not interested. If they were the likes of Cody wouldn’t have been on the bench. If I was a wolves fan I would be thinking wtf are we not taking this seriously.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Salisu; Tremendous on 22:32 - Feb 11 with 2035 viewsSaintNick

Salisu; Tremendous on 19:47 - Feb 11 by Ingskneeslide

We do have a fair number of fans for whom everything is either boom or bust, sadly we also have some for whom it is always bust

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Salisu; Tremendous on 22:53 - Feb 11 with 2002 viewscocklebreath

Salisu; Tremendous on 21:51 - Feb 11 by Sadoldgit

Don’t you mean Vestergaard? Salisu has only just made his debut and whilst looking promising, made a couple of howlers. Hopefully he will have an excellent career with us but saying he is part of a great spine seems a bit previous.

Shut up up you Old gimp

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Salisu; Tremendous on 23:13 - Feb 11 with 1968 viewsButty101

Salisu; Tremendous on 22:32 - Feb 11 by SaintNick

We do have a fair number of fans for whom everything is either boom or bust, sadly we also have some for whom it is always bust

We also have a lot of happy clappers that cant bring themselves to critize the club.

Im glad we won and have a great opportunity, but its papering over the cracks of the last month.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Salisu; Tremendous on 23:16 - Feb 11 with 1967 viewsSaintNick

Salisu; Tremendous on 23:13 - Feb 11 by Butty101

We also have a lot of happy clappers that cant bring themselves to critize the club.

Im glad we won and have a great opportunity, but its papering over the cracks of the last month.

There are cracks, as I keep saying we are still a work in progress and the current situation has meant that we like every other club have no money for signings, but when everyone is fit we have a decent squad

Salisu; Tremendous on 23:47 - Feb 11 with 1936 viewsSadoldgit

Salisu; Tremendous on 22:53 - Feb 11 by cocklebreath

Shut up up you Old gimp

So you thing Salisu has proven himself to be part of a “great spine” after one match?
And I’m the gimp?
Salisu; Tremendous on 23:55 - Feb 11 with 1930 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agree

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Salisu; Tremendous on 00:05 - Feb 12 with 1924 views1885_SFC

Salisu; Tremendous on 22:53 - Feb 11 by cocklebreath

Shut up up you Old gimp

Old School is Cool

Salisu; Tremendous on 00:06 - Feb 12 with 1923 viewsdirk_doone

Sorry, but no I don't. Vestergaard has improved a lot but he's still very slow and nothing is going to change that. Salisu is a lot more talented. Vestergaard will still be fine against teams like Burnley and West Brom but against the likes of Spurs and Man United we are going to need Salisu.

Anyway, it's good that we have decent options at central defence for the first time in years.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Salisu; Tremendous on 06:56 - Feb 12 with 1813 viewssaint22

Salisu; Tremendous on 00:06 - Feb 12 by dirk_doone

Sorry, but no I don't. Vestergaard has improved a lot but he's still very slow and nothing is going to change that. Salisu is a lot more talented. Vestergaard will still be fine against teams like Burnley and West Brom but against the likes of Spurs and Man United we are going to need Salisu.

Anyway, it's good that we have decent options at central defence for the first time in years.

This
I thought he looked very promising, yes a couple of errors but Jesus all our centre backs make those and he hasn’t played in months!!
What’s nice us we now have three solid ones to choose from and can finally move Stephens along and bring in another youngster to learn
Salisu; Tremendous on 07:06 - Feb 12 with 1804 viewsJaySaint

I live that just after 1 game, Salisu is now more talented and the next big thing.
Better than Vestergaard almost.

I remember when Valery was talented and deemed better than Cedric and KwP. I remember when vokins, after just 1 games against Huddersfield, was deemed talented and will push Bertrand for a starting place.

Lets wait and see, yeah?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Salisu; Tremendous on 08:53 - Feb 12 with 1721 viewsIngskneeslide

Salisu; Tremendous on 07:06 - Feb 12 by JaySaint

I live that just after 1 game, Salisu is now more talented and the next big thing.
Better than Vestergaard almost.

I remember when Valery was talented and deemed better than Cedric and KwP. I remember when vokins, after just 1 games against Huddersfield, was deemed talented and will push Bertrand for a starting place.

Lets wait and see, yeah?

He will be slaughtered by some on here when he has his first bad game. FACT.

The response to his excellent display last night is entirely predictable unfortunately. In fact, it’s the inverse of Pelle’s first game for Saints. I understand the excitement because centre back has been a problem area for years but I find the extremes our fans go to over players after one or two good or bad performances very childish. It’s particularly irritating when some had written off Salisu less than a month ago saying he’d never play for us or that he didn’t like the cold weather 🙄
Salisu; Tremendous on 09:07 - Feb 12 with 1700 viewsSaintNick

Salisu; Tremendous on 08:53 - Feb 12 by Ingskneeslide

He will be slaughtered by some on here when he has his first bad game. FACT.

The response to his excellent display last night is entirely predictable unfortunately. In fact, it’s the inverse of Pelle’s first game for Saints. I understand the excitement because centre back has been a problem area for years but I find the extremes our fans go to over players after one or two good or bad performances very childish. It’s particularly irritating when some had written off Salisu less than a month ago saying he’d never play for us or that he didn’t like the cold weather 🙄

As I said on another thread it is always boom or bust for some fans, Salisu did well last night, he tired a bit at the end and was struggling with a couple of clearances, but that is down to a lack of game time.

He had a decent game which bodes well for the future, but it is at the moment only 1 game, he needs more under his belt, but there were plenty of encouraging signs ahead .

As said on this post, those who only a week ago were slagging off the club for a poor signing are now hailing him as the new king and after one bad game will slag him off again.

Pelle is a good example of a player that a section of the crowd will get on his back and never get off it

Salisu needs to be given time to build on this performance, it is encouraging that we now have someone who looks a good prospect in the centre of defence

Salisu; Tremendous on 09:18 - Feb 12 with 1682 viewsgrumpy

Salisu; Tremendous on 09:07 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

As I said on another thread it is always boom or bust for some fans, Salisu did well last night, he tired a bit at the end and was struggling with a couple of clearances, but that is down to a lack of game time.

He had a decent game which bodes well for the future, but it is at the moment only 1 game, he needs more under his belt, but there were plenty of encouraging signs ahead .

As said on this post, those who only a week ago were slagging off the club for a poor signing are now hailing him as the new king and after one bad game will slag him off again.

Pelle is a good example of a player that a section of the crowd will get on his back and never get off it

Salisu needs to be given time to build on this performance, it is encouraging that we now have someone who looks a good prospect in the centre of defence

I wasn't expecting much from him yesterday but he did look strong and imposing and not someone easily knocked off the ball.
I feel he can only get better.
Salisu; Tremendous on 09:23 - Feb 12 with 1671 viewssaint22

Salisu; Tremendous on 09:18 - Feb 12 by grumpy

I wasn't expecting much from him yesterday but he did look strong and imposing and not someone easily knocked off the ball.
I feel he can only get better.

He is an upgrade on Stephens already so that can only be a good thing
Salisu; Tremendous on 09:24 - Feb 12 with 1671 viewsRon11

Salisu; Tremendous on 09:07 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

How can anyone 'slag the club off for a poor signing' when up until last night, nobody has seen him play?
Nearly all the comment I've seen was regarding if the guy will ever play in a Saints shirt and a few daft stories about how he doesn't like the cold weather.
As it happened, it was a great debut for the lad and was even nicer to see a defender do his job instead of drifting in and out of the game like Stephens.
Salisu; Tremendous on 09:25 - Feb 12 with 1672 viewsstmichael

Look he made at least 4 big mistakes that could and should have led to a goal that would probably have cost us the cup tie. If Stephens had made the same mistakes he would have been slaughtered. That said I thought he looked quick , strong , confident and showed enough to suggest he will be a good signing. But he is not replacing Bednarek or Vesty anytime soon...(or at least he shouldn't)

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Salisu; Tremendous on 10:10 - Feb 12 with 1640 viewskingslandstand1

Salisu; Tremendous on 09:25 - Feb 12 by stmichael

Look he made at least 4 big mistakes that could and should have led to a goal that would probably have cost us the cup tie. If Stephens had made the same mistakes he would have been slaughtered. That said I thought he looked quick , strong , confident and showed enough to suggest he will be a good signing. But he is not replacing Bednarek or Vesty anytime soon...(or at least he shouldn't)

During the game I said I didn't think he was going to be out defensive saviour, but that he should learn from that game. He made as you have said, a few potentially costly mistakes early on that even that cr@p commentator picked up saying it's a lot quicker here than in Spain.
What I liked was that Ralph put an arm around him at the end so he has faith in him
Good potential is how I'd put him and only cost £12 mill so let's give him time
Salisu; Tremendous on 10:22 - Feb 12 with 1619 viewsSadoldgit

No problem, just wanted to check. Salisu shows potential but didn’t show Vestergaard’s range of passing and was prone to over playing at times. No surprise as it was his first start and I am sure he will build on that performance, but Vestergaard has been fantastic for us since he has found his mojo and is pivotal in the way we play out from the back so I can’t see him losing that role anytime soon.
Salisu; Tremendous on 10:48 - Feb 12 with 1592 viewsDorsetIan

Salisu; Tremendous on 23:16 - Feb 11 by SaintNick

There are cracks, as I keep saying we are still a work in progress and the current situation has meant that we like every other club have no money for signings, but when everyone is fit we have a decent squad

When everybody is fit we have a decent first team.

The quality of the squad beyond that is not so clear. We have no cover at right and left back. Reliable cover in central defence only on the basis of the good performance by Salisu yesterday, and limited (or largely untested) options in terms of out and out strikers beyond beyond Ings and Adams.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024