Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Morning Solent Toffee 09:02 - Feb 21 with 3325 viewsallsaint

How's the head?

The meat’s the same, the gravy’s different

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 09:17 - Feb 21 with 2767 viewssolent_toffee

Haha, feeling a bit delicate this morning to be fair. Made up to get that record ended.

Just got to sort the home record now!
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 09:32 - Feb 21 with 2737 viewsInsideOut

I watched the game and was most disappointed... that they missed showing Klopp's reactions when Everton scored or other bad for 'pool moments. Such a shame.

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 10:46 - Feb 21 with 2674 viewskingslandstand1

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 09:32 - Feb 21 by InsideOut

I watched the game and was most disappointed... that they missed showing Klopp's reactions when Everton scored or other bad for 'pool moments. Such a shame.

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:55 - Feb 21 with 2633 viewssolent_toffee

The highlight of the game was when the penalty was given and the ref was asked to check VAR, Spitty just assumed that it would be chalked off. Both him and the horrifically biased Tyler were in a state of shock.

It was a clear pen, think the VAR was a possible sending off.
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 12:02 - Feb 21 with 2627 viewscocklebreath

Tyler is such a knob. Shouting SALAAAAH every time he was within 200 yards of the goal.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 12:59 - Feb 21 with 2577 views1885_SFC

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 09:17 - Feb 21 by solent_toffee

Haha, feeling a bit delicate this morning to be fair. Made up to get that record ended.

Just got to sort the home record now!

How many times did you scream at the telly when both The Princess of Egypt and Mané kept throwing themselves on the floor in the box? I thought the game was going to be abandoned as there was a sniper up on the roof shooting their forwards.

Old School is Cool

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 13:50 - Feb 21 with 2550 viewsBicester_North

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 12:02 - Feb 21 by cocklebreath

Tyler is such a knob. Shouting SALAAAAH every time he was within 200 yards of the goal.

He really is a cock, he probably practices shouting that at home

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 14:00 - Feb 21 with 2542 viewssolent_toffee

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 12:59 - Feb 21 by 1885_SFC

How many times did you scream at the telly when both The Princess of Egypt and Mané kept throwing themselves on the floor in the box? I thought the game was going to be abandoned as there was a sniper up on the roof shooting their forwards.

Haha, I did wonder if Mane would get booked for one awful dive late on, as he was already on a yellow there was no chance though.
Login to get fewer ads

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:03 - Feb 21 with 2495 viewsdirk_doone

At least they showed Duncan Ferguson celebrating with the players on the pitch at the end and he certainly enjoyed it.

"Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp and Everton assistant Duncan Ferguson could be seen having a brief but heated exchange during the first half of the Merseyside derby.

With the Reds appealing for a penalty at Anfield — for a potential handball in the box — Klopp is said to have called across to Ferguson.

According to journalist Julien Laurens, Klopp shouted “Why are you laughing?” to Ferguson on the Everton bench, who was said to have a big smile on his face."

“We are allowed to talk or is it just you Jurgen?” came the reply

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/duncan-ferguson-jur
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 23:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:49 - Feb 21 with 2451 viewsBlue

Great result, pleased for you, Solent !

Wonderful to see that vile crumbling to pieces, absolutely wonderful !

Still stood in the Kippax

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:53 - Feb 21 with 2445 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 12:02 - Feb 21 by cocklebreath

It is so cringe worthy it's horrible. It's like SALAAAAH has just inserted himself up him. Hideously biased.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 2441 viewscocklebreath

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:53 - Feb 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It is so cringe worthy it's horrible. It's like SALAAAAH has just inserted himself up him. Hideously biased.

“AND ITS LIVE”

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 09:30 - Feb 22 with 2265 viewssolent_toffee

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:49 - Feb 21 by Blue

Great result, pleased for you, Solent !

Wonderful to see that vile crumbling to pieces, absolutely wonderful !

Cheers, it’s been a good watch seeing the Dynasty collapse in a couple of months!

Looks like City and Guardiola are back in their groove. They are going to take some stopping over the next few years. I’d be amazed if Klopp sticks around for the challenge.
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 10:01 - Feb 22 with 2250 viewsSaintNick

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 09:30 - Feb 22 by solent_toffee

Cheers, it’s been a good watch seeing the Dynasty collapse in a couple of months!

Looks like City and Guardiola are back in their groove. They are going to take some stopping over the next few years. I’d be amazed if Klopp sticks around for the challenge.

I read this on Facebook I found it quite funny

The cold reality of Sunday dawns & i realise it wasnt a dream after all. The perennial losers & full time antagonists did actually come across the park & win a football match for the 1st time in the 21st century. Ouch! I feel ill just thinking about it. Problem is, is i dont know how to respond, Its been that long. Best thing to do, is to remember what we did last time this 'once in a generation' rarity happened.

We exited the Kop & hailed a horse & carriage down to old ScottyRd where we drank flagons of foaming ale & goblets of mead in 'Ye Olde Coach House', served by buxom wenches as we drowned our sorrows.

Actually i'm fibbing. I went straight home & stayed in because i was barred from the youth club for wearing dangerously wide trousers.

Anyway, the plus points of yesterdays catastrophe, were that thankfully, there werent 3,000 gurning half-wits in the Anfield Rd throwing purple flares on the pitch & singing their dear little broken hearts out.

One of the most puzzling aspects of yesterdays fallout was the weird magnanimous reaction of my fellow Reds. Saying things like 'well played', 'best team won', hope you get top four' etc etc, etc. Have they lost control of their minds? Do they not realise this is Everton? They despise our club. Never in the history of Association Football has a bluenose congratulated LFC on anything. If any red is in doubt about how or why our season imploded they need look no further than the crime scene that was Goodison Park in the autumn. Those pesky blues know it & theyre quite pleased with themselves about it.

Anyway Redmen, chins up, chests out & hang on in there & you never know, with a bit of luck we may get rid of a few of the bandwagon jumpers. They can go & support the next team in alphabetical order in the Premier League. Have a happy Sunday everyone. We will be back.x

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 10:17 - Feb 22 with 2239 viewssolent_toffee

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 10:01 - Feb 22 by SaintNick

I read this on Facebook I found it quite funny

The cold reality of Sunday dawns & i realise it wasnt a dream after all. The perennial losers & full time antagonists did actually come across the park & win a football match for the 1st time in the 21st century. Ouch! I feel ill just thinking about it. Problem is, is i dont know how to respond, Its been that long. Best thing to do, is to remember what we did last time this 'once in a generation' rarity happened.

We exited the Kop & hailed a horse & carriage down to old ScottyRd where we drank flagons of foaming ale & goblets of mead in 'Ye Olde Coach House', served by buxom wenches as we drowned our sorrows.

Actually i'm fibbing. I went straight home & stayed in because i was barred from the youth club for wearing dangerously wide trousers.

Anyway, the plus points of yesterdays catastrophe, were that thankfully, there werent 3,000 gurning half-wits in the Anfield Rd throwing purple flares on the pitch & singing their dear little broken hearts out.

One of the most puzzling aspects of yesterdays fallout was the weird magnanimous reaction of my fellow Reds. Saying things like 'well played', 'best team won', hope you get top four' etc etc, etc. Have they lost control of their minds? Do they not realise this is Everton? They despise our club. Never in the history of Association Football has a bluenose congratulated LFC on anything. If any red is in doubt about how or why our season imploded they need look no further than the crime scene that was Goodison Park in the autumn. Those pesky blues know it & theyre quite pleased with themselves about it.

Anyway Redmen, chins up, chests out & hang on in there & you never know, with a bit of luck we may get rid of a few of the bandwagon jumpers. They can go & support the next team in alphabetical order in the Premier League. Have a happy Sunday everyone. We will be back.x

I took crime scene at Goodison in Autumn and Liverpool fans saying the best team won from that.

Neither of which are true.

Liverpool fans are as bitter as Evertonians. We admit it, they don’t.
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:19 - Feb 22 with 2209 viewsSaintNick

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 10:17 - Feb 22 by solent_toffee

I took crime scene at Goodison in Autumn and Liverpool fans saying the best team won from that.

Neither of which are true.

Liverpool fans are as bitter as Evertonians. We admit it, they don’t.

The Bitter thing has only come about in the last 25 - 30 years, up to the 1990's Everton had success and although still a little bit behind Liverpool forgetting the local aspect were arguably their biggest rivals for a trophy during the 1980's.

I don't think Liverpool fans are bitter, they have nothing to be bitter about, social media from the late 1990;s onwards has just stoked up the Bitter Blues against no Liverpool fans live in Liverpool slurs thrown at each other.

I do think Liverpool do have cause for complaint over the crime scene from autumn bit, the tackle by Pickford on Van Dijk was disgraceful and not the first time he has done that sort of thing, if there is one single thing that has affected Liverpool's season it has been that,

The post was just a Liverpool fan throwing a bit of humour in, although quite clearly the defeat has hurt him, you should be glad of that ST it shows they still care. When Liverpool fans stop caring about Everton thats when you will have to worry about your club

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:38 - Feb 22 with 2191 viewssolent_toffee

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:19 - Feb 22 by SaintNick

The Bitter thing has only come about in the last 25 - 30 years, up to the 1990's Everton had success and although still a little bit behind Liverpool forgetting the local aspect were arguably their biggest rivals for a trophy during the 1980's.

I don't think Liverpool fans are bitter, they have nothing to be bitter about, social media from the late 1990;s onwards has just stoked up the Bitter Blues against no Liverpool fans live in Liverpool slurs thrown at each other.

I do think Liverpool do have cause for complaint over the crime scene from autumn bit, the tackle by Pickford on Van Dijk was disgraceful and not the first time he has done that sort of thing, if there is one single thing that has affected Liverpool's season it has been that,

The post was just a Liverpool fan throwing a bit of humour in, although quite clearly the defeat has hurt him, you should be glad of that ST it shows they still care. When Liverpool fans stop caring about Everton thats when you will have to worry about your club

Crime scene?? Behave, there have been far worse tackles in recent Derby history that have not got anywhere near this kind of reaction. Kuyt on Neville, Gerrard on Campbell/Naysmith, Suarez on Mirallas, likewise Mirallas on Suarez and Funes Mori on Origi. Most of those tackles saw the players injured and some didn’t go punished.

Yet the constant reference to it from the media, the abuse that Pickford got, the quite frankly ridiculous reference to a crime scene is laughable.
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:38 - Feb 22 with 2193 viewssaints__fan__73

Nice to see all this ludicrous talk of a Scouse dynasty has been correctly replaced with them being included with Blackburn and Leicester in the pub quiz question 'name the only teams to win the PL just once'.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:49 - Feb 22 with 2176 viewsSaintNick

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:38 - Feb 22 by solent_toffee

Crime scene?? Behave, there have been far worse tackles in recent Derby history that have not got anywhere near this kind of reaction. Kuyt on Neville, Gerrard on Campbell/Naysmith, Suarez on Mirallas, likewise Mirallas on Suarez and Funes Mori on Origi. Most of those tackles saw the players injured and some didn’t go punished.

Yet the constant reference to it from the media, the abuse that Pickford got, the quite frankly ridiculous reference to a crime scene is laughable.

I didn't actually call it a crime scene, perhaps the difference between the Pickford one and the others is that the other tackles were all made by outfield players, whereas this one was by a goalkeeper.

Pickford has a history of it, he flies in out of control, remember Danny Ings at Goodison a few years back when Pickford ripped open Ings shirt with his boot, most of the other tackles mentioned were out of character from the players who committed them.

Why was Pickford flying in on Van Dijk who had overrun the ball on the six yard line and t was already out for a goal kick when the tackle was made.

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:58 - Feb 22 with 2170 viewssolent_toffee

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:49 - Feb 22 by SaintNick

I didn't actually call it a crime scene, perhaps the difference between the Pickford one and the others is that the other tackles were all made by outfield players, whereas this one was by a goalkeeper.

Pickford has a history of it, he flies in out of control, remember Danny Ings at Goodison a few years back when Pickford ripped open Ings shirt with his boot, most of the other tackles mentioned were out of character from the players who committed them.

Why was Pickford flying in on Van Dijk who had overrun the ball on the six yard line and t was already out for a goal kick when the tackle was made.

Out of character, Stevie G? Jesus wept.

Pickford made a mistake. Why did Alisson come flying out of his area for Liverpool last week wiping out his own player, fine margins but he could easily have injured him as he was all over the place.

There was a clear penalty for Sheff U on Saturday with the goalie coming out with his feet, could easily have caused a serious injury. Barely a mention of it.

Had Pickford wiped out Shaqiri, Origi, Milner etc it would never have got this reaction. But he didn’t it was Van Dijk and Liverpool haven’t got a player to cover him. So six months on and it’s still being talked about.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 11:59]
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 14:09 - Feb 22 with 2133 viewsSaintNick

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 11:58 - Feb 22 by solent_toffee

Out of character, Stevie G? Jesus wept.

Pickford made a mistake. Why did Alisson come flying out of his area for Liverpool last week wiping out his own player, fine margins but he could easily have injured him as he was all over the place.

There was a clear penalty for Sheff U on Saturday with the goalie coming out with his feet, could easily have caused a serious injury. Barely a mention of it.

Had Pickford wiped out Shaqiri, Origi, Milner etc it would never have got this reaction. But he didn’t it was Van Dijk and Liverpool haven’t got a player to cover him. So six months on and it’s still being talked about.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 11:59]

I dont remember Gerard committing too many terrible fouls, but contary to popular opinion, I didnt pay too much notice to his career.

My point about Pickford is that in 3 1/2 seasons at Everton he has been guilty of reckless challenges on many occasions . such as when he sliced Danny Ings shirt off his back at Goodison a couple of years back.

Allison just bumped into his own player he didnt try to injure an opponent, I haven't seen the Seffield United incident so cant comment, but general consensus in football is that Pickford is a loose canon and a danger to opponents in the way he challenges, he had no need to make the Van Dijk challenge.

If it had been any other Liverpool player the reaction would have been the same, indeed if it had been any player it would have been the same, its still being talked about because it was just dangerous, my cousin who is a Everton season ticket holder says she winces every time he comes off his line as he flies out with his feet all the time he is a danger

Doesnt matter whether it is Liverpool or anyone he played for he is a danger

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 14:29 - Feb 22 with 2128 viewssolent_toffee

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 14:09 - Feb 22 by SaintNick

I dont remember Gerard committing too many terrible fouls, but contary to popular opinion, I didnt pay too much notice to his career.

My point about Pickford is that in 3 1/2 seasons at Everton he has been guilty of reckless challenges on many occasions . such as when he sliced Danny Ings shirt off his back at Goodison a couple of years back.

Allison just bumped into his own player he didnt try to injure an opponent, I haven't seen the Seffield United incident so cant comment, but general consensus in football is that Pickford is a loose canon and a danger to opponents in the way he challenges, he had no need to make the Van Dijk challenge.

If it had been any other Liverpool player the reaction would have been the same, indeed if it had been any player it would have been the same, its still being talked about because it was just dangerous, my cousin who is a Everton season ticket holder says she winces every time he comes off his line as he flies out with his feet all the time he is a danger

Doesnt matter whether it is Liverpool or anyone he played for he is a danger

Here’s one such picture of Stevie G. He didn’t get sent off, obviously.

https://images.app.goo.gl/efBe1JaPrqWnDpdeA

Putting players in danger on many occasions equals twice, the only times I can recall he’s injured a player are VVD and Ings and Ings continued to play on. He’s yet to be sent off and I don’t think he’s been booked many times. He’s made mistakes, quite a few, most goalkeepers tend to.
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:12 - Feb 22 with 2099 viewsSaintNick

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 14:29 - Feb 22 by solent_toffee

Here’s one such picture of Stevie G. He didn’t get sent off, obviously.

https://images.app.goo.gl/efBe1JaPrqWnDpdeA

Putting players in danger on many occasions equals twice, the only times I can recall he’s injured a player are VVD and Ings and Ings continued to play on. He’s yet to be sent off and I don’t think he’s been booked many times. He’s made mistakes, quite a few, most goalkeepers tend to.

It was a bad tackle from Gerrard, but the debate we are having isnt whether Steven Gerrard is guilty of a bad tackle, it is about the Pickford challenge on Van Dijk, nothing else.

I have Van Dijk for the way he left Saints, do I feel that sorry for him personally ? No, do i think it was a god awful challenge ? yes

Two wrongs dont equal a right, the fact that he hasn't been sent off isn't part of the equation, as a keeper he has got away with a lot, the Ings challenge being one of them, yes Ings played on after treatment, how did the referee in that incident take no action, Ings shirt was ripped off his back by Pickfords studs, yet the ref saw nothing wrong in it ?

Yes most keeper tend to ake mistakes, but most keepers also dont tend to fly into opponents with their feet as Pickford does, I can recall other bad challenges, what about the one with Harry McQuire when he launched into him with his feet, or this rugby challenge

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:25 - Feb 22 with 2087 viewssolent_toffee

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:12 - Feb 22 by SaintNick

It was a bad tackle from Gerrard, but the debate we are having isnt whether Steven Gerrard is guilty of a bad tackle, it is about the Pickford challenge on Van Dijk, nothing else.

I have Van Dijk for the way he left Saints, do I feel that sorry for him personally ? No, do i think it was a god awful challenge ? yes

Two wrongs dont equal a right, the fact that he hasn't been sent off isn't part of the equation, as a keeper he has got away with a lot, the Ings challenge being one of them, yes Ings played on after treatment, how did the referee in that incident take no action, Ings shirt was ripped off his back by Pickfords studs, yet the ref saw nothing wrong in it ?

Yes most keeper tend to ake mistakes, but most keepers also dont tend to fly into opponents with their feet as Pickford does, I can recall other bad challenges, what about the one with Harry McQuire when he launched into him with his feet, or this rugby challenge

I think the debate is that six months on and Liverpool are still banging on about Pickfords challenge as are the media, as is Klopp. Nice little touch of them locating Virgil in the stands on Saturday too.

As I said referring to it as a crime scene is laughable. A player got injured in a derby match, that’s it. The six month vigil for Virgil is over surely.

As for that rugby tackle, bad mistake by the keeper, definitely. Reckless play endangering the player, I don’t think so. But because it’s Jordan Pickford, there is a lazy narrative that people jump on.
Good Morning Solent Toffee on 15:52 - Feb 22 with 2073 viewssaint22

Good Morning Solent Toffee on 13:50 - Feb 21 by Bicester_North

He really is a cock, he probably practices shouting that at home

AND ITSSS LIIIVVEEEEEEEE
Yes numbnuts we know that's why we are watching
He needs pensioning off big time
I equally hate when he starts explaining what players should be doing in certain positions! You aren't an ex pro FFS you arent even a decent commentator
Shuddup
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024