Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Romeu out for 3 months 13:36 - Feb 26 with 1431 viewsJaySaint

Season over.

More excuses for Ralph then...

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Romeu out for 3 months on 13:46 - Feb 26 with 1403 viewsSaintNick

Why would you be so cynical

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Romeu out for 3 months on 13:48 - Feb 26 with 1402 viewsJaySaint

Ralph seems to get given a wide berth by many fans. Weird.
He is not really better than Puel or Mark Hughes in all honesty.
They both reached a Semi/final themselves.

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:11 - Feb 26 with 1370 views1teeminants

Time for Jankewitz to step up who despite his nightmare debut is supposed to be very decent from what I hear.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:11 - Feb 26 with 1367 viewsJaySaint

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:11 - Feb 26 by 1teeminants

Time for Jankewitz to step up who despite his nightmare debut is supposed to be very decent from what I hear.

See what he is made of.

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:15 - Feb 26 with 1361 views1teeminants

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:11 - Feb 26 by JaySaint

See what he is made of.

Yes. Watts is ok too , it’s not all doom and gloom ,it’s time for these kids to shine. Tella showed the way last game against Leeds.

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 1305 viewspjt50

That's a huge blow & is going to leave the defence even more exposed. Hopefully Diallo will be back for when the cup campaign restarts.

All for blooding the youngsters but you don't want to be putting them into a team that's struggling as much as we are at the moment. Interesting that Ralph is now talking about needing a bigger squad which is the opposite of what he was saying earlier in the season.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 1302 viewsTimSaint

Fractured ankle - thanks to that fvckin awful pitch at Leeds
Out for 3 months - so the rest of the season - or back for the Cup Final ? :-)
Any chance Diallo has recovered yet, or is at least back in training ?

Don't even know who we could play there apart from Jankowitz. I seem to remember Armstrong playing there for a bit - perhaps v Man U ?

Failing that there is always Jack Stephens - who some on here were suggesting he would be better as a holding mid that a CB anyway !!

Add to that,
Minamino - slight hamstring problem
KWP - no idea when he will be back, was hoping he would only miss 1 or 2
Diallo - need him back !!
Smallbone - would be obvious choice as DM - but out for 6 months
Walcott - can't play v Everton anyway, but missed to many already
Obafemi - kind of forgot he existed
McQueen - no idea how he is getting on and if he will ever play again, let alone for Saints. Think his contract is up this summer, so will shall see.

TimSaint

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:52 - Feb 26 with 1297 viewsTimSaint

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:44 - Feb 26 by TimSaint

Don't even know who we could play there apart from Jankowitz. I seem to remember Armstrong playing there for a bit - perhaps v Man U ?

Failing that there is always Jack Stephens - who some on here were suggesting he would be better as a holding mid that a CB anyway !!

Add to that,
McQueen - no idea how he is getting on and if he will ever play again, let alone for Saints. Think his contract is up this summer, so will shall see.

Or..........

Recall

Lemina - Need a DM and may also help prevent Fulham from catching us

Elyounoussi - worth a go ? Lennon has left them so not sure if he will be picked from now on and we have Walcott and Minamino injured, Redmond and Djenepo failing to impress and only Armstrong performing well and Tella showing potential.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Romeu out for 3 months on 15:04 - Feb 26 with 1273 viewsDorsetIan

With KWP and Diallo involved (and assuming no more injuries), we can still be solid enough defensively to allow us to continuing with our 'high press' type game.

Otherwise, and unless Jankowiez comes up trumps, I feel we are going to be extraordinarily vulnerable defensively and that we therefore need to abandon how would like to play and find a formation/tactics - however boring - that will ensure that we keep picking up points.

I would take a win and three draws from the remaining games at this stage. Anything more a bonus.

One question for me would be whether Ralph can adopt to a much more defensive style?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Romeu out for 3 months on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 1216 viewssaint22

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:44 - Feb 26 by TimSaint

Add to that,

I did think Stephens as he seem to fancy himself as a midfielder

I mean we are in a bad bad way, literally no solid midfielders available?! Just watch Tom Davies have a blinder against us

If we weren't in a relegation battle before we are now
Romeu out for 3 months on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 1207 viewskingslandstand1

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:44 - Feb 26 by pjt50

That's a huge blow & is going to leave the defence even more exposed. Hopefully Diallo will be back for when the cup campaign restarts.

All for blooding the youngsters but you don't want to be putting them into a team that's struggling as much as we are at the moment. Interesting that Ralph is now talking about needing a bigger squad which is the opposite of what he was saying earlier in the season.

I'm guessing he was following the club rule book then and the aim for sustainability, but now realising that actually, we need a decent depth of squad to include experienced players
Romeu out for 3 months on 16:17 - Feb 26 with 1166 viewssaint22

Romeu out for 3 months on 14:15 - Feb 26 by 1teeminants

Yes. Watts is ok too , it’s not all doom and gloom ,it’s time for these kids to shine. Tella showed the way last game against Leeds.

Watts for sure
I am not sure Jankewitz deserves another chance after handing in a transfer request then karate chopping that United player
Wheres Slattery? Can we recall anyone, surely we need too? Valery? Lemina........
Romeu out for 3 months on 16:21 - Feb 26 with 1164 viewsSadoldgit

Romeu out for 3 months on 13:48 - Feb 26 by JaySaint

So it’s his fault that so many players have been injured? I see more people supporting him than “giving him a wide berth” which is not unreasonable given the poor hand he has been dealt. As for Puel and Hughes, remind me again when they had people talking about the great football they played and when we were top of the league with them.
Romeu out for 3 months on 16:43 - Feb 26 with 1137 viewsSaintsforeverj

Big blow to lose Romeu. He has for me, been arguably our most motivated and hard working player. The worry is who do we replace him with? No Diallo and no right back. Lemina is on loan, we sold Harrison Reed, Josh Sims went, Vokins went, Valery went and couldn't we do with the experience of Shane Long now that Minamino is also out? The club made these decisions and it's false economy if we end up finishing 17th or worse.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Romeu out for 3 months on 16:43 - Feb 26 with 1138 viewssaints__fan__73

Romeu out for 3 months on 13:48 - Feb 26 by JaySaint

I'm not sure you have the correct meaning of 'a wide berth' .

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Romeu out for 3 months on 16:52 - Feb 26 with 1126 viewsSadoldgit

Romeu out for 3 months on 16:43 - Feb 26 by Saintsforeverj

Big blow to lose Romeu. He has for me, been arguably our most motivated and hard working player. The worry is who do we replace him with? No Diallo and no right back. Lemina is on loan, we sold Harrison Reed, Josh Sims went, Vokins went, Valery went and couldn't we do with the experience of Shane Long now that Minamino is also out? The club made these decisions and it's false economy if we end up finishing 17th or worse.

I blame Semmens for not investing in a crystal ball.
Romeu out for 3 months on 17:19 - Feb 26 with 1088 viewscocklebreath

Off subject but would like to ask Jay if he’s an anti vaxxer

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Romeu out for 3 months on 17:33 - Feb 26 with 1075 views1885_SFC

Huge loss losing Romeu for the rest of the season. Typically, he tried to play on the other night before realising the ankle was fooked. It's just a shame that in a game when just about everyone else bottled it & gave up - none of them showed Romeu's guts n determination for the cause.

Now we're hoping Diallo is fit sooner rather than later & that he stays fit for the whole remainder of the season with no Romeu available.

Can this season get any shíttier? (Don't answer that!!!).

Old School is Cool

Romeu out for 3 months on 17:55 - Feb 26 with 1050 views1teeminants

Romeu out for 3 months on 16:17 - Feb 26 by saint22

Watts for sure
I am not sure Jankewitz deserves another chance after handing in a transfer request then karate chopping that United player
Wheres Slattery? Can we recall anyone, surely we need too? Valery? Lemina........

Jankewitz needs another chance , yes he was foolish but he’s a kid, he’ll learn . If Ralphs got anything about him he would have had a long chat with him .

Romeu out for 3 months on 09:26 - Feb 27 with 807 viewsRon11

Romeu out for 3 months on 16:17 - Feb 26 by saint22

Watts for sure

Slattery is on loan at Gillingham, also injured at the moment. I think Tom O Connor is there also, as well as Tyreke Johnson, but he's gone permanently.
Romeu out for 3 months on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 783 viewsSadoldgit

Romeu out for 3 months on 17:55 - Feb 26 by 1teeminants

Jankewitz needs another chance , yes he was foolish but he’s a kid, he’ll learn . If Ralphs got anything about him he would have had a long chat with him .

It’s a perfect opportunity for him to show what he can do if he gets a start on Monday. We could do with some good news!
Romeu out for 3 months on 14:28 - Feb 27 with 691 viewsI_would

Romeu. Been in a bit of form. Tough tackles. Saved a goal the other day single handed. Been more attacking in the last third.

Prowse, not injured.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024