Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings to City? 20:16 - Mar 22 with 1363 viewssaint22

SSN saying it’s a possibility
Can’t see Pep replacing injury prone Aguero with the English version?
Ings to City? on 23:38 - Mar 22 with 1217 viewspjt50

Once it becomes clear that Ings is off, is he still an automatic starter (when he's fit, of course)? We dropped Hojbjerg and, whatever you think of the guy, you couldn't question his professionalism.

It's not as though Ings has been in great form lately.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ings to City? on 00:10 - Mar 23 with 1200 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

F*ck him, he's yet another player who just passed through playing for OUR team for a very short period. I don't begrudge him moving on, they all do.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Ings to City? on 06:54 - Mar 23 with 1132 viewssaintwizzler

This is what happens it’s football.
Would he turn down Champions League football, trophies and a big pay hike?
Of course not.
It’s all about getting as much for him as possible.
Leicester did with Maguire then bought well with the money and are now again pushing for top four.
We HAVE spent money but badly.
Last summer Diallo, KWP & Salisu hopefully show the black box has had a service and is now working correctly again.

The Hoedt, Carrillo, Lemina, Norwegian chap’s (did I miss anyone) damage (wages) will soon be gone.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ings to City? on 07:32 - Mar 23 with 1109 views1teeminants

I agree. I just can’t see an ambitious big top 6 club wanting an injury prone player, far too risky surely ? . Danny may have to get his head around this especially considering his age too. I can see a team like West Ham wanting him but why would you go to such a club. Apart from this season they are no better than us .It will be interesting to see what happens with Ings.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ings to City? on 07:43 - Mar 23 with 1089 viewsRipleys_revenge

I could see this happening as clubs aren’t going to be splashing cash as much they were pre covid. We saw the first signs of it in January - don’t think we’ll be seeing many huge signings in the summer, someone like ings would make sense for someone like Man City. 20 million or so is a drop in the ocean and probably reflects them shopping around on a budget...

Quicker ings goes the better in my opinion. Get the money, get him gone. No expectation on him to stay but still a part of me will be disappointed. Think all the transfer talk definitely hasn’t helped us this season
Ings to City? on 07:45 - Mar 23 with 1087 viewsSalisburySaint

Ings to City? on 23:38 - Mar 22 by pjt50

Once it becomes clear that Ings is off, is he still an automatic starter (when he's fit, of course)? We dropped Hojbjerg and, whatever you think of the guy, you couldn't question his professionalism.

It's not as though Ings has been in great form lately.

When the issue of Ings possibly leaving i suggested I think on here but also other sites that he'd be a good fit for Man City.

With Man City's squad rotation he wouldn't have such a heavy workload as at other clubs, so less likely to pick up injuries, but also with his movement around the pitch and work ethic, would fit in well with City's' style of play.

On current playing front, if fit Id try to ease him in gently for next few games, (try Adams and Redmond together again) and make sure he's fit for semi final.
Ings to City? on 08:53 - Mar 23 with 1015 viewssaintwizzler

Ings to City? on 07:32 - Mar 23 by 1teeminants

I agree. I just can’t see an ambitious big top 6 club wanting an injury prone player, far too risky surely ? . Danny may have to get his head around this especially considering his age too. I can see a team like West Ham wanting him but why would you go to such a club. Apart from this season they are no better than us .It will be interesting to see what happens with Ings.

They’d pay more wages.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ings to City? on 08:57 - Mar 23 with 1006 viewsSonicBoom

I can't see any top 4 side gambling on Ings. Initially he looked a good bet as he seemed to recovered from his Liverpool injuries but then this season he's been in and out in that vicious circle of dodgy knee followed by groin and hamstring strains.
I really don't think he was helped by the fact he appeared back in the starting line up the moment he was fit often playing a full 90 minutes. With his history that seemed wreckless to me.
I think he's good enough for top 4 squads but not to start. They will all target bigger names than him and will City want another injury risk after their experiences with Aguero and Kompany? Personally i think he'll stay with us.
Login to get fewer ads

Ings to City? on 10:43 - Mar 23 with 945 viewsKennington

I can see this happening as City seem to need more English players. Don’t really know the quota anymore as it always changes but that’s surely the reason. A two or three year deal at say £150k a week is the kind of money City probably have lying around in the Etihad kitchen for the tea and biscuit fund.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ings to City? on 11:42 - Mar 23 with 911 viewsdirk_doone

He could have the sort of career at Man City that Lambert had at Liverpool.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ings to City? on 12:22 - Mar 23 with 878 viewsdarthvader

Ive heard that spurs have tapped him up .

But its a shame he just doesnt stay and sign a new contract with us, he would be a legend ending his playing days with us . Saints fan , local boy.

Knuckle down, score goals like before ,get us in the top four if u want champ league

keep the faith coyr

Ings to City? on 12:30 - Mar 23 with 867 views1teeminants

Ings to City? on 08:53 - Mar 23 by saintwizzler

They’d pay more wages.

City wont want him he won’t give them more than 15 games due to injury.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ings to City? on 13:33 - Mar 23 with 823 viewsfranniesTache

I'm amazed so many people have fallen for this story, it seems fairly obvious to me that Ings is negotiating some sort of terms with another club and his agent is using City as a way of bumping up the wages he's asking for.
Ings to City? on 17:38 - Mar 23 with 721 views1885_SFC

Ings to City? on 12:22 - Mar 23 by darthvader

Ive heard that spurs have tapped him up .

But its a shame he just doesnt stay and sign a new contract with us, he would be a legend ending his playing days with us . Saints fan , local boy.

Knuckle down, score goals like before ,get us in the top four if u want champ league

Well if Spurs don't finish in a CL spot - Kane will be off - probably to Europe.

I was reading the other week that no matter what happens, Spurs are going to have to sell a big name player this Summer anyway - due to finances/covid/their new stadium/loans on it etc... so Kane (or Son) were probably going anyway.

So Ings to Spurs is the most likely outcome by far.

Old School is Cool

Ings to City? on 19:18 - Mar 23 with 666 viewsTripleNiemi

Heard this from a Saints mate at least two weeks ago, house up for sale blah blah....

Watch and wait......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024