Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe 13:14 - May 29 with 5458 viewssolent_toffee

He’s walked away from talks to be the new Celtic manager.

Solent were bigging him up to replace Hassenhuttl on Sunday after the West Ham game.

Would you have in at Saints?
Eddie Howe on 13:18 - May 29 with 3312 viewsButty101

I would , I see him a bit like when we got Strachan with something to prove.

Personally I think Ralph is broken and needs a break

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Eddie Howe on 13:23 - May 29 with 3296 viewsBison

Eddie Howe on 13:18 - May 29 by Butty101

You are right Butty , my worry is when we sack managers we normally downgrade with a new one. In our price range I would say Howe is probably our best option.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Eddie Howe on 13:54 - May 29 with 3244 viewsSadoldgit

Eddie Howe on 13:23 - May 29 by Bison

You are right Butty , my worry is when we sack managers we normally downgrade with a new one. In our price range I would say Howe is probably our best option.

So we replace a manager who has kept us up with one sacked for taking his team down? Not sure about the logic there. Celtic would have been a good move for him. He needs to show that he can win something.
Eddie Howe on 14:03 - May 29 with 3245 viewsBison

Eddie Howe on 13:54 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

So we replace a manager who has kept us up with one sacked for taking his team down? Not sure about the logic there. Celtic would have been a good move for him. He needs to show that he can win something.

I didnt say I wanted Ralph replaced , I just think if the he goes Howe would be good fit. You talk about success and proving something in the next breath , you do realise Saints have not had a manager who won anything of note for 45 years ? Do you just argue for the sake of it ? Howe got Bournemouth from League 2 to the Premiership winning the Championship in the process , we never won any title in our rise up through the leagues.

Eddie Howe on 14:35 - May 29 with 3217 viewssolent_toffee

Eddie Howe on 13:18 - May 29 by Butty101

That was the take of Dave Merrington last week, he was saying that none of the players have improved under him and questioned his coaching ability.

It was pleasantly surprising to hear a pundit speak so rationally without toeing the club party line or being hysterical or predictable like the the vast majority of so called pundits.
Eddie Howe on 15:18 - May 29 with 3142 viewsSadoldgit

Eddie Howe on 14:03 - May 29 by Bison

I didnt say I wanted Ralph replaced , I just think if the he goes Howe would be good fit. You talk about success and proving something in the next breath , you do realise Saints have not had a manager who won anything of note for 45 years ? Do you just argue for the sake of it ? Howe got Bournemouth from League 2 to the Premiership winning the Championship in the process , we never won any title in our rise up through the leagues.

I’m not arguing I am just stating an opinion. And yes I do know we haven’t had a manager who has won anything for 45 years. While we are talking about that, what has Howe won? The thing is, is he a better manager than Ralph? I’m not sure that he is.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 15:21]
Eddie Howe on 15:27 - May 29 with 3122 viewsBison

Eddie Howe on 15:18 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

I’m not arguing I am just stating an opinion. And yes I do know we haven’t had a manager who has won anything for 45 years. While we are talking about that, what has Howe won? The thing is, is he a better manager than Ralph? I’m not sure that he is.

Bournemouth won three promotions in six years to win a place in the first tier of English football for the first time. This was achieved with a second-place finish in League Two in 2009—10, a second-place finish in League One in 2012—13 and a Championship title in 2014—15. He then kept Bournemouth in the PL for 5 years with a ground of less than 10K capacity.

So yes he won what most consider the toughest League in the World to get out of with the biggest prize in World Football ie a place in the PL for winning it. I think that achievement with Bournemouth beats Leicester's winning the PL. But as you say he should waddle off to Celtic to prove himself in a 2 horse race.

The more I think of it actually I would swap Howe for Ralph right now. Perhaps he needed a break from football and will hopefully come back fresh and full of ideas.

Eddie Howe on 15:30 - May 29 with 3114 viewskingslandstand1

Simple answer, no. Yes, he did exceptionally well with Bmouth, and basically with the same players, but I got the impression he would struggle with ego players that you probably need to be a top half team and with eyes on Europe which is what we (well the fans) want

I'd like to know why the Celtic talks fell flat, and who said no in the end
Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe on 16:40 - May 29 with 3049 viewsBicester_North

Still think give Ralph the summer, no great improvement by Christmas I wouldn’t mind seeing Howe come in.

That’s if he’d want to come here. Still young enough not to be set in his ways, intelligent as well. I just think Saints are more likely to go for another “up and coming” European manager.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 16:41]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Eddie Howe on 17:16 - May 29 with 3000 viewsButty101

Eddie Howe on 15:18 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

What’s Ralph won that’s on par with winning the championship?

I suspect if saints had a more engaged owner and some money Ralph would be gone. This season has been a massive regression and has shown again and again he is a one trick pony.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Eddie Howe on 17:17 - May 29 with 2989 viewsSadoldgit

Eddie Howe on 15:27 - May 29 by Bison

Bournemouth won three promotions in six years to win a place in the first tier of English football for the first time. This was achieved with a second-place finish in League Two in 2009—10, a second-place finish in League One in 2012—13 and a Championship title in 2014—15. He then kept Bournemouth in the PL for 5 years with a ground of less than 10K capacity.

So yes he won what most consider the toughest League in the World to get out of with the biggest prize in World Football ie a place in the PL for winning it. I think that achievement with Bournemouth beats Leicester's winning the PL. But as you say he should waddle off to Celtic to prove himself in a 2 horse race.

The more I think of it actually I would swap Howe for Ralph right now. Perhaps he needed a break from football and will hopefully come back fresh and full of ideas.

I was thinking more about major EPL prizes which is where the big managers prove themselves. As for Celtic, the expectations are huge up there and it isnt just performing in their League but Europe as well. It would be a massive step up for him from Bournemouth to Celtic. It would also give him the opportunity to show that he could manage at a high profile club, which is what Celtic clearly are.
Eddie Howe on 17:19 - May 29 with 2991 viewsSonicBoom

I think someone made a fair point. I cant of one player that has improved under Ralph.
Eddie Howe on 18:19 - May 29 with 2938 viewsChesham_Saint

Eddie Howe on 17:19 - May 29 by SonicBoom

I think someone made a fair point. I cant of one player that has improved under Ralph.

JWP?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Eddie Howe on 18:20 - May 29 with 2928 viewsSadoldgit

JWP has become more physical and more consistent. KWP wasn’t rated by the manager at Spurs but has been excellent for us. Djenepo is a much better defensive player now. Tella has developed into an excellent prospect. Vestergaard was deemed rubbish when he first played for us and has been much better this season.
Eddie Howe on 18:26 - May 29 with 2934 viewsBicester_North

Eddie Howe on 18:20 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

JWP has become more physical and more consistent. KWP wasn’t rated by the manager at Spurs but has been excellent for us. Djenepo is a much better defensive player now. Tella has developed into an excellent prospect. Vestergaard was deemed rubbish when he first played for us and has been much better this season.

Armstrong is another one that seems to keep improving

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Eddie Howe on 18:40 - May 29 with 2910 viewsSadoldgit

Eddie Howe on 18:26 - May 29 by Bicester_North

Armstrong is another one that seems to keep improving

Indeed. And you don’t spend half a season in the higher reaches of the league without getting the best out of your team.
Eddie Howe on 21:01 - May 29 with 2830 viewsBison

Eddie Howe on 17:17 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

I was thinking more about major EPL prizes which is where the big managers prove themselves. As for Celtic, the expectations are huge up there and it isnt just performing in their League but Europe as well. It would be a massive step up for him from Bournemouth to Celtic. It would also give him the opportunity to show that he could manage at a high profile club, which is what Celtic clearly are.

You are making even less sense now , so the major EPL prize is winning it , so according to you the only successful managers currently in the Premier League are Pep , Klopp and Ancelotti. Only 11 managers have actually won it.

If Howe become our manager he would instantly have a better CV than any other manager we have had in over 40 years unless you take Koemans 3 Dutch titles or the odd Cop Del Rey in Spain and he is managing Barcelona.

Celtic are not a big club outside Scotland , The Championship is a much bigger achievement than winning a Scottish title, the list of Celtic managers go like John Barnes , Tony Mowbray , Ronny Deila . Celtic is a place to go for our failed managers like Strachan , Rodgers or O'Neil. And in the case of Rodgers get back as soon as they can the rest just retire up there.

Its ok to admit you are wrong sometimes SoG's or are you too narcistic ? Howe is a fine manager and much too good to waste his time at Celtic.

Eddie Howe on 21:08 - May 29 with 2809 viewssaint22

I don’t think that’s correct or fair really
I am not sure about a lot he does and am unsure he is right for us to kick on but he has bought some players on for sure
Eddie Howe on 23:40 - May 29 with 2717 viewsSadoldgit

Eddie Howe on 21:01 - May 29 by Bison

You are making even less sense now , so the major EPL prize is winning it , so according to you the only successful managers currently in the Premier League are Pep , Klopp and Ancelotti. Only 11 managers have actually won it.

If Howe become our manager he would instantly have a better CV than any other manager we have had in over 40 years unless you take Koemans 3 Dutch titles or the odd Cop Del Rey in Spain and he is managing Barcelona.

Celtic are not a big club outside Scotland , The Championship is a much bigger achievement than winning a Scottish title, the list of Celtic managers go like John Barnes , Tony Mowbray , Ronny Deila . Celtic is a place to go for our failed managers like Strachan , Rodgers or O'Neil. And in the case of Rodgers get back as soon as they can the rest just retire up there.

Its ok to admit you are wrong sometimes SoG's or are you too narcistic ? Howe is a fine manager and much too good to waste his time at Celtic.

Clearly I have upset you in some way and for that I am sorry. As for my opinion of Howe, he is obviously a good manager but I don’t think he is any better than Ralph and I don’t think he would do any better here with the resources available. And no, I am not narcissistic and I know all about them because I was married to one for several years.

As for Celtic, one of the few British teams to win the European Cup, I think you will find that they are a much “bigger” club than Bournemouth, Burnley or indeed, us. So a move there would be a step up for him.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 9:19]
Eddie Howe on 06:36 - May 30 with 2660 viewssaintwizzler

Hassenhuttl is a nice fella.
I think he has lost the dressing room
That photo of Redmond with hands on hips sums up half the squad’s mentality.
Hassenhuttl has said we are in for a relegation battle next season.

We had the chance to push on with Koeman. He left and the decline started.
We bought badly and appointed two shite managers after Puel.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Eddie Howe on 09:22 - May 30 with 2545 viewsSadoldgit

Eddie Howe on 06:36 - May 30 by saintwizzler

Hassenhuttl is a nice fella.
I think he has lost the dressing room
That photo of Redmond with hands on hips sums up half the squad’s mentality.
Hassenhuttl has said we are in for a relegation battle next season.

We had the chance to push on with Koeman. He left and the decline started.
We bought badly and appointed two shite managers after Puel.

I think that shows Redmonds mentality rather than that of the team. I think he inferred that we are in for a relegation battle if we don’t strengthen. It isn’t just about managers, it is about players too. We need a better squad.
Eddie Howe on 10:26 - May 30 with 2495 viewssaintwizzler

Eddie Howe on 09:22 - May 30 by Sadoldgit

I think that shows Redmonds mentality rather than that of the team. I think he inferred that we are in for a relegation battle if we don’t strengthen. It isn’t just about managers, it is about players too. We need a better squad.

We have KWP, Ings, Romeu, JWP & Armstrong that would get into higher placed PL teams.
That is the trouble.

Watch Bertrand have a stormer next season.
If only he could of been bothered here for the last 2/3 seasons!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Eddie Howe (n/t) on 10:57 - May 30 with 2480 viewsclunk76

[Post edited 30 May 2021 11:00]
Eddie Howe on 16:36 - May 30 with 2353 viewsBerber

Vestegaard?
Eddie Howe on 16:43 - May 30 with 2327 viewssledger

would take howe in a heartbeat for ralph,just cant understand how he gets away with the teams performance,defensively shocking mainly because we play so open,average players need to be looked after,no other team been beat by 9 once let alone twice, and another plus think how much it would p*ss off those down the road
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024