Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 15:46 - Jun 7 with 2720 viewsChesham_Saint

I don’t know if it’s the sheer ineptitude of Southgate and his squad selection or the constant dripping on about taking the knee, but am I the only one who has reached the stage of not really giving a shit about England this summer?

Aside from wanting to beat the jocks I feel complete apathy which, from a footballing perspective, is kind of tragic....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

England on 15:57 - Jun 7 with 1718 viewsthissceptredsaint

I thought the behaviour of the boo-ers was a disgrace. That and the insipid management have made me absolutely disinterested in England this tournament. I actually hope the jocks beat them, they have Saints players in their squad
England on 16:04 - Jun 7 with 1704 viewsDorsetIan

You're not the only one.

I suspect it's a combination of a very boring manager and (in general) boring players and the final realisation after, what is it now, 55 years, that getting our hopes up about a tournament is likely to end in disappointment.

It'll change when the tournament starts and we win a few.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

England on 16:11 - Jun 7 with 1689 viewskingolaf

I the same. We have such exciting players but such a negative manager.

Can’t wait to see a Grealish and Foden on the bench when crap such as Henderson, Sterling and Rashford are on the pitch.
England on 16:31 - Jun 7 with 1674 viewssaints__fan__73

Southgate gets a very hard time from fans.

Bobby Robson got us to a semi final of a WC on the back of some very unimpressive and flukey results and people are still making documentaries about it 30 years later.

Southgate took a team who went out of the preceding WC at the Group stages and took them to a WC semi and it seems to have been largely forgotten after less than 3 years.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

England on 16:38 - Jun 7 with 1659 views1885_SFC

England on 16:31 - Jun 7 by saints__fan__73

Bobby Robson got us to a semi final of a WC on the back of some very unimpressive and flukey results and people are still making documentaries about it 30 years later.

Southgate took a team who went out of the preceding WC at the Group stages and took them to a WC semi and it seems to have been largely forgotten after less than 3 years.

Bobby Robson was a proper manager with charisma and a presence about him.

Southgate is a dull, wet fart who's an FA 'yes' man. He couldn't inspire f@ck all.

Old School is Cool

England on 16:42 - Jun 7 with 1645 viewsdwayne_dibley

England on 16:11 - Jun 7 by kingolaf

Can’t wait to see a Grealish and Foden on the bench when crap such as Henderson, Sterling and Rashford are on the pitch.

bound to happen

two goals down with 10 minutes to play and he brings on Grealish and Foden who get the blame for losing

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

England on 16:57 - Jun 7 with 1635 viewssaints__fan__73

England on 16:38 - Jun 7 by 1885_SFC

Bobby Robson was a proper manager with charisma and a presence about him.

Southgate is a dull, wet fart who's an FA 'yes' man. He couldn't inspire f@ck all.

Sorry, I thought it was about doing well in the big tournaments not a charisma contest.

You'd be getting behind Timmy Mallet as our manager then?

England on 17:01 - Jun 7 with 1630 viewsDellHero_Would

My timeline of support England.

1. WC 82, first major tournament that I remember. Was hooked.
2. WC 86, iconic and fuelled my support for England.
3. WC 90, The peak.
4. Up to Euro 96 dross, but still really cared.
5. Euro 96, so many memories and heartbreak.
6. WC 98, kidded myself we’d actually win it.

After that became less interest, with Kev crying in the Wembley toilet. Then onto the snake oil salesmen which was the final nail.

Couldn’t give a flying shît now.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Login to get fewer ads

England on 17:01 - Jun 7 with 1630 viewssaint22

England on 16:11 - Jun 7 by kingolaf

Hendo and Harry should have been left at home with White and JWP travelling
Southgate is the pu55y you know he is
England on 17:06 - Jun 7 with 1614 views1885_SFC

England on 16:57 - Jun 7 by saints__fan__73

Sorry, I thought it was about doing well in the big tournaments not a charisma contest.

You'd be getting behind Timmy Mallet as our manager then?

I'd bet a wager that Timmy Mallet would do better with the squad than Southgate!

Old School is Cool

England on 17:12 - Jun 7 with 1589 viewssaints__fan__73

England on 17:06 - Jun 7 by 1885_SFC

I'd bet a wager that Timmy Mallet would do better with the squad than Southgate!

Southgate got us to a WC semi-final so Timmy would have to at least get us to the final.

He must be some manager....

England on 17:24 - Jun 7 with 1556 views1885_SFC

England on 17:12 - Jun 7 by saints__fan__73

Southgate got us to a WC semi-final so Timmy would have to at least get us to the final.

Southgate is Mr Beige... drab... dull... and famous for putting a brown paper bag over his head in a pizza advert.

Southgate is an FA Ambassador, not a coach.

Old School is Cool

England on 17:41 - Jun 7 with 1531 viewsdwayne_dibley

England on 17:24 - Jun 7 by 1885_SFC

Southgate is Mr Beige... drab... dull... and famous for putting a brown paper bag over his head in a pizza advert.

Southgate is an FA Ambassador, not a coach.

shame it wasn't a plastic one, might have improved sales

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

England on 18:30 - Jun 7 with 1483 viewssaintwizzler

England on 17:12 - Jun 7 by saints__fan__73

🤣

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

England on 18:45 - Jun 7 with 1470 viewsTripleNiemi

The last time i watched England with any real desire was when SRL got his call up.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

England on 20:18 - Jun 7 with 1403 viewsChesham_Saint

England on 15:57 - Jun 7 by thissceptredsaint

I thought the behaviour of the boo-ers was a disgrace. That and the insipid management have made me absolutely disinterested in England this tournament. I actually hope the jocks beat them, they have Saints players in their squad

I wouldn’t say it was a disgrace. They pays their money and they’re allowed their point of view (within the law). Personally I wouldn’t have booed, but on the other hand I hate any politics in sport however well meaning.

England on 21:48 - Jun 7 with 1340 viewskingslandstand1

England on 18:45 - Jun 7 by TripleNiemi

The last time i watched England with any real desire was when SRL got his call up.

And what a goal it was against the socks
England on 22:09 - Jun 7 with 1313 viewsgrumpy

Oh! that's right we beat Panama, Tunisia ,Colombia and Sweden.
England on 22:18 - Jun 7 with 1303 views1ASIN12

I have always thought like that to be honest, I’m English and want them to do well but I am a Saints fan and they will always come 1st .

I only really get into England if they (we) play the jocks or the welsh other then that I’m not too bothered if they (we) do lose .

Every Saturday I normally hate most of the english team- when they are doing there best to beat Saints when playing for their clubs.
England on 22:35 - Jun 7 with 1283 viewsSadoldgit

England on 20:18 - Jun 7 by Chesham_Saint

I wouldn’t say it was a disgrace. They pays their money and they’re allowed their point of view (within the law). Personally I wouldn’t have booed, but on the other hand I hate any politics in sport however well meaning.

I agree that politics should be kept separate from sport, but this is specifically dealing head on with racism within football. I’m sure we all want it to end and it’s a shame that some feel the need to boo players making a stand against it.
England on 22:42 - Jun 7 with 1273 viewsdirk_doone

England on 22:09 - Jun 7 by grumpy

Oh! that's right we beat Panama, Tunisia ,Colombia and Sweden.

We certainly got the luck of the draw there. We finished above Tunisia and Panama in our group, then drew with Colombia and won a penalty shootout. Our best result was beating Sweden, a country with a population of 10 million, a minor league and vastly inferior players. We lost twice to Belgium and also lost to Croatia.

With Harry Kane at his peak, anyone from here could have told that England team to just go out and play and got the same results.

Southgate reminds me of Graham Taylor and Euro 92. We have already slipped down to 15th in the FIFA World Rankings under his poor management.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 11:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England on 00:18 - Jun 8 with 1214 viewsChesham_Saint

England on 22:35 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

I agree that politics should be kept separate from sport, but this is specifically dealing head on with racism within football. I’m sure we all want it to end and it’s a shame that some feel the need to boo players making a stand against it.

Sorry Soggsy, I find it condescending and patronising. It’s Like they’re saying we’re all too thick and boorish to recognise the issue without this increasingly facile gesture from the assembled multi-millionaires whose cosseted lives bear no comparison with 99% of the people that watch them.

Btw, When did you last see or hear racism at Southampton?

It’s also very likely that a number of players now do it to avoid being called out (and respect to the likes of Saha and many rugby players who’ve made their own decision).

In short, it’s served it initial purpose but has become divisive and therefore counter-productive and should stop.

England on 08:38 - Jun 8 with 1091 viewsMattFinish

In World Cup 2018 England had the easiest qualifying group finishing top against Slovakia, Scotland, Slovenia, Lithuania and Malta.

Then had an easy route to the semi final narrowly beating Tunisia, beating Panama who were the only team in the tournament without a domestic league, losing to the first decent team they faced (Belgium), then having to beat Colombia on penalties, then got the easiest quarter final draw v a very poor Sweden before getting the easiest semi final draw and being dumped out by Croatia before getting beaten again by Belgium for 3rd place.

Through the whole competition from qualifying to 3rd place playoff England faced good sides 3 times and lost them all.

Who knows with home games he might get lucky but he seems to be the typical England manager, quietly spoken, does what he's told, won't upset anyone, won't win anything. Yet people like Redknapp never got the chance because they're too outspoken.
England on 08:53 - Jun 8 with 1084 viewsBuenosSaint

England on 22:35 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

It's quite funny though what Ukraine have done on their shirts. Even funnier that UEFA approved it and can't back track to Russia. Lol.

Poll: The Long Future

England on 09:53 - Jun 8 with 1059 viewsgrumpy

England on 08:38 - Jun 8 by MattFinish

In World Cup 2018 England had the easiest qualifying group finishing top against Slovakia, Scotland, Slovenia, Lithuania and Malta.

Then had an easy route to the semi final narrowly beating Tunisia, beating Panama who were the only team in the tournament without a domestic league, losing to the first decent team they faced (Belgium), then having to beat Colombia on penalties, then got the easiest quarter final draw v a very poor Sweden before getting the easiest semi final draw and being dumped out by Croatia before getting beaten again by Belgium for 3rd place.

Through the whole competition from qualifying to 3rd place playoff England faced good sides 3 times and lost them all.

Who knows with home games he might get lucky but he seems to be the typical England manager, quietly spoken, does what he's told, won't upset anyone, won't win anything. Yet people like Redknapp never got the chance because they're too outspoken.

I would have loved to have seen Clough as England Manager, Matt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024