Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sharehunters alert 14:13 - Jun 30 with 36335 viewsSandyman

Looks like someone / some people are trying to hoover up shares.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 14:14]
Sharehunters alert on 16:48 - Jun 30 with 4669 views442Dale

49thseason’s points about the ground are important. It’s something that could be sorted as soon as possible with the intention it is protected. There is the Asset of Community Value, but that has to be continually reapplied for. Getting something set in stone should be a priority so that anyone who is ever interested in the club knows that it is in place.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sharehunters alert on 16:52 - Jun 30 with 4617 viewsjudd

Sharehunters alert on 16:48 - Jun 30 by 442Dale

49thseason’s points about the ground are important. It’s something that could be sorted as soon as possible with the intention it is protected. There is the Asset of Community Value, but that has to be continually reapplied for. Getting something set in stone should be a priority so that anyone who is ever interested in the club knows that it is in place.

An ACV is in place but not sure when it expires.

If a change of ownership is proposed then a moratorium of up to 6 months can be applied for whilst invested parties research an alternative to the bid.

Given we owe the council the loan money and deferred mortgage payments, they should be informed of this hostile bid, in my opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sharehunters alert on 16:57 - Jun 30 with 4590 views442Dale

Sharehunters alert on 16:52 - Jun 30 by judd

An ACV is in place but not sure when it expires.

If a change of ownership is proposed then a moratorium of up to 6 months can be applied for whilst invested parties research an alternative to the bid.

Given we owe the council the loan money and deferred mortgage payments, they should be informed of this hostile bid, in my opinion.

http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/business-and-industry/land-and-property/Pages/assets-

<< Asset name and address:Crown Oil Arena (formerly known as Spotland Stadium), Sandy Lane, Rochdale OL11 5DR
Date of nomination: 23 April 2019
Nominator name and address: Julie Clarke, Rochdale Hornets Rugby Football League Club Society Limited, Crown Oil Arena, Sandy Lane, Rochdale OL11 5DR
Was nomination successful?: yes
If successful, date listed: 1 July 2019
Date listing expires: 30 June 2024
Is listing being reviewed?: no
Has an appeal against listing been lodged?: no
Reason for listing: The provisions of S88 of the Localism Act 2011 are met. The property's current actual use as a sporting venue for the playing of both professional football and rugby league meets the eligibility criteria as land of community value and furthers the social wellbeing and/or social interests of the local community. >>

Sharehunters alert on 17:01 - Jun 30 with 4541 viewsDaleFan7

Clearly something underhand going on...
Sharehunters alert on 17:14 - Jun 30 with 4442 viewsStourdale

Appears blackbridge sports have had involvement in takeovers at Peterborough, Barnsley and Woking. The also had some involvement in a failed ico at Avai fc but there is little information out there.

Two thoughts spring to mind,

Firstly they are working for Altman et al to try and take over the club.

The other would be a cash grab through an ico. The purchase shares to gain a controlling interest, launch an ico gifting the club/themselves 15% of the token release 85% goes on general sale. They then build the price and market sell dumping on the investors. Probably double their money and never be seen again.

Also if SportyCo is involved, there is a potential that blackbridge have borrowed the money from sportyCo with an agreement of a % of all turnover over a set period of time going back to SportyCo.

Whichever way you look at it, it doesn’t look good
Sharehunters alert on 17:33 - Jun 30 with 4316 viewsdawlishdale

Sharehunters alert on 17:01 - Jun 30 by DaleFan7

They might not have spoken to the current Chairman; but I wouldn't rule out them having spoken to the previous Chairman and/or the previous CEO/removed Director, which would fall under their claim to have spoken at depth with the Board.

This is starting to stink . The old Board are looking increasingly complicit. Hope I'm wrong.
Sharehunters alert on 17:39 - Jun 30 with 4265 viewsJames1980

Sharehunters alert on 17:01 - Jun 30 by DaleFan7

By 'The Board' I guess these chancers mean former board members one in particular.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sharehunters alert on 18:01 - Jun 30 with 4124 viewsTalkingSutty

Sharehunters alert on 17:33 - Jun 30 by dawlishdale

They might not have spoken to the current Chairman; but I wouldn't rule out them having spoken to the previous Chairman and/or the previous CEO/removed Director, which would fall under their claim to have spoken at depth with the Board.

This is starting to stink . The old Board are looking increasingly complicit. Hope I'm wrong.

...or they could have actually been speaking to current members of our Boardroom couldn’t they, not necessarily our Chairman or new Directors?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 18:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Sharehunters alert on 18:30 - Jun 30 with 3950 viewsD_Alien

Sharehunters alert on 18:01 - Jun 30 by TalkingSutty

...or they could have actually been speaking to current members of our Boardroom couldn’t they, not necessarily our Chairman or new Directors?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 18:02]

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if former directors/employees of the club remain in contact with certain other current employees (and i wouldn't rule out current directors)

If so, those ousted may remain privy to confidential information which could easily be used against the best interests of the club

Is there a mole? More than one? There were certainly individuals who were highly discombobulated by events around the time of the AGMs/EGMs

If so, they're playing a very dangerous game

[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 18:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sharehunters alert on 18:49 - Jun 30 with 3842 viewsDaleFan7

Sharehunters alert on 18:30 - Jun 30 by D_Alien

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if former directors/employees of the club remain in contact with certain other current employees (and i wouldn't rule out current directors)

If so, those ousted may remain privy to confidential information which could easily be used against the best interests of the club

Is there a mole? More than one? There were certainly individuals who were highly discombobulated by events around the time of the AGMs/EGMs

Very risky for anyone involved and also the club. A breach of GDPR could land individuals in a lot of trouble and a hefty fine for the club.
Sharehunters alert on 18:57 - Jun 30 with 3799 viewskel

Sharehunters alert on 18:30 - Jun 30 by D_Alien

It certainly piqued my interest when I noticed where 140 shares from a former director went.
Sharehunters alert on 19:02 - Jun 30 with 3745 viewsQuigley_dale

Sharehunters alert on 18:57 - Jun 30 by kel

It certainly piqued my interest when I noticed where 140 shares from a former director went.

Grindrod and Pockney need to go the same way as Bottomley and Rawlinson ASAP
Sharehunters alert on 19:13 - Jun 30 with 3651 views442Dale

The confirmation statement list of shareholders is showing as posted on 28/6/21 on the Companies House website.

It’s possible to Sherlock amongst the info on there.

Sharehunters alert on 19:33 - Jun 30 with 3493 viewsnordenblue

Sharehunters alert on 19:02 - Jun 30 by Quigley_dale

Grindrod and Pockney need to go the same way as Bottomley and Rawlinson ASAP

That's certainly crossed my mind, without knowing the full details you'd imagine Pockney whilst being involved with the finances etc must have known about several goings on this last 18 months, how Grindrod and by whom he even got on the board too doesn't add up either
Sharehunters alert on 19:46 - Jun 30 with 3398 viewsTomRAFC

Sharehunters alert on 18:57 - Jun 30 by kel

Which of the three?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Sharehunters alert on 19:49 - Jun 30 with 3352 viewsStourdale

It wouldn’t surprise me to find Altman and Marcelli being involved.

They came into the club hoping to buy shares and takeover. Talks broke down with the old regime and they fought against the release of shares to someone else.

This wasn’t for the benefit of the club, this was to benefit them. I believe with a change in the boardroom, there would have been a hope that talks could move forward.

Instead the board has openly stated they want to release shares to the fans. Altman and Marcelli don’t want to invest more to still hold the same percentage of ownership.

This in my opinion will have forced their hand to act prior to any EGM. Not wanting to disgruntle the fans they employ a company to approach shareholders.

Maybe far fetched but not out of the realms of possibility.
Sharehunters alert on 19:59 - Jun 30 with 3285 viewsJames1980

Sharehunters alert on 19:46 - Jun 30 by TomRAFC

Which of the three?

Have I worked it out correctly 100 have gone to a newish director and 20 each to 2 other members of staff 1 fairly new and one long standing?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 20:04]

Sharehunters alert on 20:02 - Jun 30 with 3267 views49thseason

Alexander Stephen Jarvis : Blackbridge -Cross-Borders
https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/09055077-blackbridge-cross-borders-lt

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/09055077-blackbridge-cross-borders-lt

Blackbridge Sports :
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12393590

This guy is Billy-no-mates
He has 2 companies , both registered last year with £100 of capital
He lives in Liverpool but claims on his Linked-in page to be from London.
Sharehunters alert on 20:06 - Jun 30 with 3238 viewslurker

Not posted on here for a while but just wanted to make you aware of my last 48hrs lurking activity.....

Yesterday:
Had my daily read of the forum, felt good about recent goings on, checked my credit card was still working and thought about my excuse to justify to the missus why Rochdale FC show on the statement following my upcoming season card purchase after a year out

Today:
Read this thread and put the credit card firmly back in my wallet for a while

This needs sorting
Sharehunters alert on 20:09 - Jun 30 with 3213 viewsStourdale

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/21477/woking-issue-stateme

https://www.insidermedia.com/news/central-and-east/canadian-investors-acquire-po

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mr-moneyball-buys-barnsley-tm0nc9xn7

All brokered by blackbridge.
Sharehunters alert on 20:41 - Jun 30 with 3035 views49thseason

Sharehunters alert on 20:09 - Jun 30 by Stourdale

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/21477/woking-issue-stateme

https://www.insidermedia.com/news/central-and-east/canadian-investors-acquire-po

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mr-moneyball-buys-barnsley-tm0nc9xn7

All brokered by blackbridge.

Check out his accounts...
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09055077/fili
Sharehunters alert on 20:59 - Jun 30 with 2907 viewsStourdale

Sharehunters alert on 20:41 - Jun 30 by 49thseason

Check out his accounts...
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09055077/fili

It’s all very strange! You have a business holding £188 on the books in 2019 having successfully brokered deals at 3 clubs and being mentioned at the likes of Hull, Newcastle, Middlesbrough.

Whatever it is, I think we may be in for a continuation of the turbulence
Sharehunters alert on 22:03 - Jun 30 with 2713 viewskel

Sharehunters alert on 19:59 - Jun 30 by James1980

Have I worked it out correctly 100 have gone to a newish director and 20 each to 2 other members of staff 1 fairly new and one long standing?

Yes, and I have my own theory about why the long standing one was given theirs.
Sharehunters alert on 22:18 - Jun 30 with 4821 viewsJames1980

Sharehunters alert on 22:03 - Jun 30 by kel

Yes, and I have my own theory about why the long standing one was given theirs.

I was shocked, got the impression that person has Rochdale printed through them like a stick of rock. Surprised he would take shares from the man who tried to sell the club the way he did.

Sharehunters alert on 22:25 - Jun 30 with 4754 viewstony_roch975

Sharehunters alert on 19:59 - Jun 30 by James1980

well according to the Confirmation statement Nick Grindrod is a new shareholder with 100 shares, ditto Jack Northover with 20, ditto George Delves with 20 and D Bottomley's holding is down by 140 - circumstantial but??

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024