Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints v Man U 22:00 - Aug 17 with 1196 viewsSaintsforeverj

Do we have any chance at all? Most of us expect a possible thrashing but a win against these would change the mood wouldn't it! Hopefully they turn up in their grey shirts.

[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 22:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints v Man U on 22:03 - Aug 17 with 1182 viewsSaintNick

A few games in the last seasons have looked lost causes before kick off and then we have thrown up a surprise, Man City in the summer of 2020 for example

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints v Man U on 22:04 - Aug 17 with 1170 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints v Man U on 22:03 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

A few games in the last seasons have looked lost causes before kick off and then we have thrown up a surprise, Man City in the summer of 2020 for example

I think most of us would expect a defeat but we all know being a Saints fan throws up many surprises so you never know!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 22:05]

Saints v Man U on 22:20 - Aug 17 with 1132 viewsbarry_sanchez

We've about as much chance as Neil Armstrong going back to the moon.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Saints v Man U on 22:26 - Aug 17 with 1127 viewsdirk_doone

It depends what you call a chance: Armstrong will take his chance. If McCarthy plays, 1-6; if Forster plays 1-3.

I'm a bit more optimistic in the long-term. If we get Worrall and McCarthy never plays again this season, I think we can stay up.

Livramento will create chances and Armstrong will score goals. All we need now is Worrall in the heart of our defence and anyone other than McCarthy in goal.

We just have to hope that Ralph discovers this team sooner rather than later:

Forster
KWP Worrall Salisu Perraud
Ward-Prowse Romeu
Livramento S. Armstrong
Tella A. Armstrong
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints v Man U on 22:38 - Aug 17 with 1104 viewsBicester_North

Saints v Man U on 22:26 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

It depends what you call a chance: Armstrong will take his chance. If McCarthy plays, 1-6; if Forster plays 1-3.

I'm a bit more optimistic in the long-term. If we get Worrall and McCarthy never plays again this season, I think we can stay up.

Livramento will create chances and Armstrong will score goals. All we need now is Worrall in the heart of our defence and anyone other than McCarthy in goal.

Forster
Ward-Prowse Romeu
Livramento S. Armstrong
Tella A. Armstrong

I couldn’t agree more with this.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints v Man U on 22:40 - Aug 17 with 1100 viewsDorsetIan

Forster
Ward-Prowse Romeu
Livramento S. Armstrong
Tella A. Armstrong

There is a solid look to that team. No obvious weak links or passengers.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints v Man U on 22:47 - Aug 17 with 1087 viewssaintwizzler

Saints v Man U on 22:40 - Aug 17 by DorsetIan

Forster?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints v Man U on 22:56 - Aug 17 with 1069 viewsSaintNick

Saints v Man U on 22:40 - Aug 17 by DorsetIan

Not sure that Tella has proved he should be in ahead of Adams yet

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Saints v Man U on 22:57 - Aug 17 with 1065 views1teeminants

Forster
Ward-Prowse Romeu
Livramento S. Armstrong
Tella A. Armstrong

Spot on Dirk.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints v Man U on 23:00 - Aug 17 with 1063 viewsPatfromPoole

Bit surreal that in the space of two weeks Livramento has been transformed from “a promising academy player who can play at right-back or potentially cover other defensive roles” to one of our main hopes in an attacking midfield role….

Funny old game.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Saints v Man U on 23:02 - Aug 17 with 1059 viewsdirk_doone

Saints v Man U on 22:47 - Aug 17 by saintwizzler

Forster?

Better than McCarthy.

[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:33]

Saints v Man U on 23:11 - Aug 17 with 1043 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints v Man U on 23:02 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

Better than McCarthy.

And in recent league games and friendlies, McCarthy has let in about 3 goals a game, making lots of mistakes, whereas in most recent games with Forster, we have had clean sheets, including the recent cup games that got us to a semi final. Playing McCarthy with those recent facts in mind, is therefore completely baffling.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 23:11]

Saints v Man U on 23:17 - Aug 17 with 1030 viewsdirk_doone

Saints v Man U on 23:11 - Aug 17 by Saintsforeverj

And in recent league games and friendlies, McCarthy has let in about 3 goals a game, making lots of mistakes, whereas in most recent games with Forster, we have had clean sheets, including the recent cup games that got us to a semi final. Playing McCarthy with those recent facts in mind, is therefore completely baffling.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 23:11]

After watching the Levante and Athletic Bilbao games it was very obvious that if you reversed the goalkeepers, you reversed the results. (we beat Levante 1-0 and lost to Athletic Bilbao 1-3). Forster made two world class saves in the Levante game; McCarthy let in goals that Forster would have saved in the Bilbao game. McCarthy was shockingly bad).

So, I was really shocked when Ralph picked McCarthy at Everton. It looked like utter madness. But with a contract that's worth £6 mill per year, who knows what's going on in his mind?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 23:18]

Saints v Man U on 23:24 - Aug 17 with 1020 viewsdirk_doone

Saints v Man U on 23:00 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

Bit surreal that in the space of two weeks Livramento has been transformed from “a promising academy player who can play at right-back or potentially cover other defensive roles” to one of our main hopes in an attacking midfield role….

Funny old game.

Livramento is a very good player and by the end of this season I'm sure you'll agree.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E86XrmXWQAAMVbx?format=jpg&name=medium
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:56]

Saints v Man U on 23:25 - Aug 17 with 1017 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints v Man U on 23:17 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

After watching the Levante and Athletic Bilbao games it was very obvious that if you reversed the goalkeepers, you reversed the results. (we beat Levante 1-0 and lost to Athletic Bilbao 1-3). Forster made two world class saves in the Levante game; McCarthy let in goals that Forster would have saved in the Bilbao game. McCarthy was shockingly bad).

So, I was really shocked when Ralph picked McCarthy at Everton. It looked like utter madness. But with a contract that's worth £6 mill per year, who knows what's going on in his mind?

I see what you are saying here. Maybe he is trying to get sacked. The other theory is that Forster costs too much and is older so they want rid of him more than McCarthy, who is probably on less and is younger. Could be financially motivated. Has to be something going on, as it just doesn't make sense.

Saints v Man U on 23:31 - Aug 17 with 1005 viewsDorsetIan

Saints v Man U on 23:17 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

Too many of his decisions look like utter madness.

It's not normal.

Saints v Man U on 23:44 - Aug 17 with 991 viewssaintwizzler

Saints v Man U on 23:02 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

Better than McCarthy.

Yes, yes he is.
He still wouldn’t displace any other Premier League team’s keeper though.
Found his level at Celtic.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints v Man U on 00:13 - Aug 18 with 980 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints v Man U on 23:00 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

Funny old game.

Desperation! I read a comment somewhere, probably on the other forum suggestion Elynoussi (spelling?) should play / come on. The club are at a low.What I'd give for a Koeman and klan right now.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints v Man U on 07:35 - Aug 18 with 853 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints v Man U on 00:13 - Aug 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Desperation! I read a comment somewhere, probably on the other forum suggestion Elynoussi (spelling?) should play / come on. The club are at a low.What I'd give for a Koeman and klan right now.

Wouldn't we all. The majority of our current squad would get nowhere near that team. Sadly speaks volumes of the level the club are at now.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints v Man U on 08:08 - Aug 18 with 825 viewssaint68

Forster
Ward-Prowse Romeu
Livramento S. Armstrong
Tella A. Armstrong

Have to agree with that Dirk, i see us scoring at least one..but I can see them scoring at will if we have the same starting eleven as at Goodison...easily see them putting at least 5 or more past McCarthy with ease 1-6 2-7 ..and you know fully well they will not stop to save our blushes.

If Ralph picks our best available starting line up then a closer result is achievable maybe 2-4

Or they might just do us a favour and turn up in grey.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Saints v Man U on 10:10 - Aug 18 with 749 viewsDorsetIan

Saints v Man U on 22:56 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

Not sure that Tella has proved he should be in ahead of Adams yet

They are certainly not far apart. Tella shows an awful lot of promise and, when he runs at them, has the ability to put defences on the back foot. Adams has scored more and has more experience, but has taken longer to get up to speed.

But if you look at Dirk's team, this seems to me one of only of two position where there is serious competition as to who is best. The other would be at the back where Bednarek has a good claim for a place. But of course Dirk has included someone who haven't even signed yet!

For me, swap out any of the other players and there is a significant drop in quality. This is legacy of long term squad decline.

Saints v Man U on 10:17 - Aug 18 with 742 viewsstmichael

Agree Nick

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024