Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corrupt 23:58 - Sep 18 with 4475 viewsSouthamptonfan

Just seen our game on Match of the day. How can the ref not give us a penalty? All the pundits said it was and it was. Armstrong got bundled to the ground. So the ref goes over to the screen and says it wasn't a penalty when Armstrong was clearly elbowed to the ground. Can only be corrupt.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Corrupt on 11:27 - Sep 19 with 1571 viewskingslandstand1

Corrupt on 10:55 - Sep 19 by A1079

I agree Nick. I think Ralph is phlegamatic and practical about these things. He knows ranting etc isn't going to change anything and all it will end up with is stupid fine that only benefits the coffers of the FA. The best he can do is allude to the injustice of such decisions. It won't change the outcome or the practice

You are right A1079 about not affecting the outcome and couldn't agree more, but we should be able to do something about the practice. You never know those 2 points dropped could make a massive difference at the end of the season
Corrupt on 11:35 - Sep 19 with 1562 viewsSaintsforeverj

Corrupt on 11:27 - Sep 19 by kingslandstand1

You are right A1079 about not affecting the outcome and couldn't agree more, but we should be able to do something about the practice. You never know those 2 points dropped could make a massive difference at the end of the season

Absolutely, but it's just so annoying that they favour the top clubs. Man City don't need any more help. They already have a world class team. It was a clear penalty, and the ref was too scared to give an away team a penalty at the home ground of the champions, in case it costs them the title. The ref and VAR had the replays, it was clear. To not give the penalty is a disgrace.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Corrupt on 11:47 - Sep 19 with 1542 viewsBison

Corrupt on 11:24 - Sep 19 by kingslandstand1

He was. What I am saying is that if we feel we don't get the right decision we sit back and accept it - yes dignified and professional - be we allow ourselves to be walked over and it costs us

If you feel strongly about something and that you have been cheated you should do something about it. Ralph just shrugs his shoulders whereas he could make a point strongly without shouting and hollering. For all I know the club may well be doing something behind the scenes but somehow I don't think so

He got a yellow card against West Ham for going mental when the ref decided to send Antonio off rather than play advantage.

Not sure how many cards a manager can get before he gets a ban.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Corrupt on 12:37 - Sep 19 with 1501 viewsSalisburySaint

Just watched coverage on match of the day

Editing of game was terrible completely missed out save from Edison from dangerous free kick from JWP early in the game, and showed little of the attacking threat we offered

It was only in the analysis they showed how good we were in attack

Is the editor a skate ? as this biased coverage happens most weeks
Corrupt on 12:39 - Sep 19 with 1497 viewskingslandstand1

Corrupt on 11:47 - Sep 19 by Bison

He got a yellow card against West Ham for going mental when the ref decided to send Antonio off rather than play advantage.

Not sure how many cards a manager can get before he gets a ban.

Didn't know that so will accept some mellowness now and again

Still doesn't stop the practice of "big" teams getting the decisions over us "small" teams!
Corrupt on 12:41 - Sep 19 with 1496 viewsBLEEDRED

Watched in frame by frame!! One of the clearest penalties you will ever see First Walker puts his arm on Armstrong's shoulder, his leg comes over and around Armstrong above the knee and leans into him and this pressure causes Armstrong to go to ground at no point was any contact made with the ball. The ref must come out and state his reason for overturning (of course he won't) Agree it wasn't a red, As many have said it's not VAR just Ref's who clearly don't know what clear and obvious means.
Corrupt on 13:13 - Sep 19 with 1469 viewsSadoldgit

What difference would it have made if Ralph had blown his top and ranted at the ref? It wouldn’t have changed anything.
Corrupt on 13:21 - Sep 19 with 1456 viewsNYC_Saint

Corrupt on 12:41 - Sep 19 by BLEEDRED

Watched in frame by frame!! One of the clearest penalties you will ever see First Walker puts his arm on Armstrong's shoulder, his leg comes over and around Armstrong above the knee and leans into him and this pressure causes Armstrong to go to ground at no point was any contact made with the ball. The ref must come out and state his reason for overturning (of course he won't) Agree it wasn't a red, As many have said it's not VAR just Ref's who clearly don't know what clear and obvious means.

I wonder if there’s a rule that if overturning the red card they have to also overturn the foul and that’s what took so long. I didn’t see the game but highlights here have former villa player Lee Hendry commentating and he keeps saying it’s a clear penalty and he points that Wlaker doesn’t even make a complaint against the penalty or the card which speaks volumes to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Corrupt on 13:30 - Sep 19 with 1439 viewsBLEEDRED

Corrupt on 13:21 - Sep 19 by NYC_Saint

I wonder if there’s a rule that if overturning the red card they have to also overturn the foul and that’s what took so long. I didn’t see the game but highlights here have former villa player Lee Hendry commentating and he keeps saying it’s a clear penalty and he points that Wlaker doesn’t even make a complaint against the penalty or the card which speaks volumes to me.

Apparently some ref/ex ref has come out and said that as Armstrong was unbalanced and going to fall over anyway, any contact by Walker was not taken into account as it did not affect the outcome (whatever that means!!)
Corrupt on 14:37 - Sep 19 with 1394 viewsgeezershoong1

The final whistle only went after City's last attack of course, not during...

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Corrupt on 15:56 - Sep 19 with 1357 viewsRon11

Corrupt on 14:37 - Sep 19 by geezershoong1

Walker never made any contact with the ball. That is a penalty.
For that referee to go and watch a replay and see for himself that Walker did not touch the ball, but still rescind the penalty is not only corrupt, it is theft of a possible two more points for Saints. This action destroys any credibility that so called referees in the Premier League have.
I know it won't happen, but Saints should take this up with the FA.
Of course they won't because these so called 'referees' will then have a downer on us.
It's bullshit.
Corrupt on 16:11 - Sep 19 with 1339 viewsSaintsforeverj

Corrupt on 15:56 - Sep 19 by Ron11

Walker never made any contact with the ball. That is a penalty.
For that referee to go and watch a replay and see for himself that Walker did not touch the ball, but still rescind the penalty is not only corrupt, it is theft of a possible two more points for Saints. This action destroys any credibility that so called referees in the Premier League have.
I know it won't happen, but Saints should take this up with the FA.
Of course they won't because these so called 'referees' will then have a downer on us.
It's bullshit.

It's dreadful Ron and can't understand how that can be overturned. It's pure and simple authorities too scared to upset the top clubs. But Saints are just unlucky at the moment. Hit the post last week. Denied a definite penalty yesterday. A bit of luck and we will start climbing the league. As for the refs and VAR, well it's putting loads of people off the game.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Corrupt on 16:21 - Sep 19 with 1329 viewsdirk_doone

Corrupt on 14:37 - Sep 19 by geezershoong1

Yes, and it was either the 97th or 98th minute, which is when they scored a winner against us once before.

I was at the Etihad for our first game there, which City won with a goal from Tevez who was very clearly more than a yard offside but there was no VAR then.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 16:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Corrupt on 18:07 - Sep 19 with 1250 viewsericofarabia

Corrupt on 10:25 - Sep 19 by kingslandstand1

Desperately trying to find a way to allow the goal but given the earlier "clear and obvious" they couldn't in this instance so only 4 star rather than 5 star Dubai hotel

Point ofrder here ..... it should be an Abu Dhabi Hotel ..... Etihad based in Abu Dhabi, Emirates are based in Dubai.
Corrupt on 19:19 - Sep 19 with 1219 viewsChesham_Saint

Corrupt? If you mean in the way the ref may subconsciously have been pressured by not wishing to upset a “big” team then yes. In terms of the ref taking a bung then, no. He’s just simply guilty of crass incompetence.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Corrupt on 19:28 - Sep 19 with 1212 viewscynicalsaint

Corrupt on 16:21 - Sep 19 by dirk_doone

Yes, and it was either the 97th or 98th minute, which is when they scored a winner against us once before.

I was at the Etihad for our first game there, which City won with a goal from Tevez who was very clearly more than a yard offside but there was no VAR then.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 16:24]

It's not difficult.

if you feel the game is gone / it's corrupt / biased to the top six / theres no point...

Just stop going.

Stop crying your heart out.

Don't come on here moaning about how unfair it is. Just stop paying for sky / bt / tickets and get on with your lives. Its not going to change however much you want it to.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 19:34]
Corrupt on 07:58 - Sep 20 with 1078 viewsPaleRider

Corrupt on 19:28 - Sep 19 by cynicalsaint

It's not difficult.

if you feel the game is gone / it's corrupt / biased to the top six / theres no point...

Just stop going.

Stop crying your heart out.

Don't come on here moaning about how unfair it is. Just stop paying for sky / bt / tickets and get on with your lives. Its not going to change however much you want it to.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 19:34]

CS - are you genuinely happy with the way things are in football?
Corrupt on 09:14 - Sep 20 with 1042 viewscynicalsaint

Corrupt on 07:58 - Sep 20 by PaleRider

CS - are you genuinely happy with the way things are in football?

No - not at all.

But i don't see much point getting wound up by it any more.

Raging about injustices and the lack of competition is a waste of energy cos it ain't gonna change.

'Control the controllables' as a wise man once said.
Corrupt on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 1020 viewsUlsterBaz

Corrupt on 18:07 - Sep 19 by ericofarabia

Point ofrder here ..... it should be an Abu Dhabi Hotel ..... Etihad based in Abu Dhabi, Emirates are based in Dubai.

You can take the man out of Dubai… lol
Corrupt on 11:23 - Sep 20 with 973 viewsgeezershoong1

Why do they have the VAR monitor in front of the baying, screeching home fans..?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Corrupt on 19:16 - Sep 20 with 823 viewsDorsetIan

The refs should be obliged to state what the 'clear and obvious' error was.
It might focus their minds. I'm struggling to know what Moss thought he had missed the first time.

I am not quite sure why it has taken however long and they still don't seem to get that VAR is not simply a chance for them to have a different look from a few angles and come to a different decision.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Corrupt on 12:06 - Sep 21 with 715 viewsdwayne_dibley

of course PL refs are corrupt and favour the big sides

money and brown envelopes talk

VAR has been perverted to restore Business as Usual

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024