Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has Gao done well? 09:32 - Sep 30 with 4061 viewsKennington

We hear a lot about apparent worse owners than Gao. Question is though what has Gao done well rather than the usual what has he done wrong. This may be a short thread but I’m open to learning about why some people think he’s actually a good owner. Remember it’s not what he hasn’t done or has done wrong, I’m looking for what he’s done well.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

What has Gao done well? on 09:38 - Sep 30 with 2964 viewsDellHero_Would

Wind up the snowflakes

Poll: Wearing a mask

What has Gao done well? on 09:43 - Sep 30 with 2956 viewssaints__fan__73

I do smile whenever Nick says at least he's not as bad as Mike Ashley. Ashley is a very competent business man who can at least run a crap football team without it being hundreds of millions of pounds in debt unlike our owners.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

What has Gao done well? on 10:22 - Sep 30 with 2928 viewsTripleNiemi

Here we go again.......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

What has Gao done well? on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 2901 viewsButty101

Hes improved the stadia by installing padded seats

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What has Gao done well? on 11:07 - Sep 30 with 2891 viewsSaintsforeverj

He keeps us all safe by ensuring no mixing of home and away fans anymore. Freely having a chat to visiting supporters is now banned to keep us safe.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 11:08]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

What has Gao done well? on 11:25 - Sep 30 with 2868 viewsSonicBoom

The thing is what are the club supposed to do?

We are up for sale right now. I'm sure if an oil state or oligarch or a tech billionaire came forward and wanted to buy us the club would be only too happy.

No one is coming forward despite the fact we are probably one of the cheapest options to buy into the PL. And despite such luminaries as Adam Blackmore saying there are several interested parties. Unless of course things are happening behind the scenes in total secrecy which is actually the best scenario.

Gao hasn't done much and hasn't invested - whether he wanted to or not. We are where we are.
Maybe at the time Gao was the only offer. There is a pretty small pool of buyers for a football club so I imagine it's a buyers market.
So to answer your question, Gao has done a few things right.
He's kept a low profile and his mouth shut. No stupid public pronouncements about wining the league etc
He hasn't flogged all our best assets. At least not the ones that didn't want to leave.
He has allowed us to spend the money we've made.
He leaves the manager to get on with his job.

Personally I think his only real crime is that he just isn't rich enough. These days to really compete you need billions not multi millions and he simply hasn't got it.
What has Gao done well? on 12:03 - Sep 30 with 2832 viewsBerber

What has Gao done well? on 11:25 - Sep 30 by SonicBoom

We are up for sale right now. I'm sure if an oil state or oligarch or a tech billionaire came forward and wanted to buy us the club would be only too happy.

No one is coming forward despite the fact we are probably one of the cheapest options to buy into the PL. And despite such luminaries as Adam Blackmore saying there are several interested parties. Unless of course things are happening behind the scenes in total secrecy which is actually the best scenario.

Gao hasn't done much and hasn't invested - whether he wanted to or not. We are where we are.
Maybe at the time Gao was the only offer. There is a pretty small pool of buyers for a football club so I imagine it's a buyers market.
He's kept a low profile and his mouth shut. No stupid public pronouncements about wining the league etc
He hasn't flogged all our best assets. At least not the ones that didn't want to leave.

Personally I think his only real crime is that he just isn't rich enough. These days to really compete you need billions not multi millions and he simply hasn't got it.

A fair summary.
What has Gao done well? on 13:13 - Sep 30 with 2771 viewsSadoldgit

I also think there is an assumption that whoever Gao sells to will be a major step up. There is no saying what a new owner would do. Like everyone else, I am looking forward to Gao selling up, but we could end up with someone worse. We can be thankful that he hasn’t asset stripped the club and has let the Board get on with their jobs.
Login to get fewer ads

What has Gao done well? on 13:33 - Sep 30 with 2753 viewsSaintNick

What has Gao done well? on 13:13 - Sep 30 by Sadoldgit

I also think there is an assumption that whoever Gao sells to will be a major step up. There is no saying what a new owner would do. Like everyone else, I am looking forward to Gao selling up, but we could end up with someone worse. We can be thankful that he hasn’t asset stripped the club and has let the Board get on with their jobs.

The last three posts have hit the nail on the head, they have looked at the picture and called it as it is, perhaps most of us would love a big rich owner who turned us into another Manchester City, but until that happens it is no use moaning about what we havent got.

Gao has kept us at the level that in the main we have always been in the top flight, i would think that any prospective owner who was looking to buy us would send his people out to look at the club and they would take one look at the social media comments and tell him not to bother,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What has Gao done well? on 14:04 - Sep 30 with 2725 viewsKennington

What has Gao done well? on 13:33 - Sep 30 by SaintNick

The last three posts have hit the nail on the head, they have looked at the picture and called it as it is, perhaps most of us would love a big rich owner who turned us into another Manchester City, but until that happens it is no use moaning about what we havent got.

Gao has kept us at the level that in the main we have always been in the top flight, i would think that any prospective owner who was looking to buy us would send his people out to look at the club and they would take one look at the social media comments and tell him not to bother,

Not sure those three posts answered my question. I’m hoping to understand what Gao has done rather than hasn’t. He’s owned us for a while, where are all the examples from the Gao apologists of his great leadership and achievements. There must be something he’s done. As to keeping us at a steady state, I’d say tacitly approving or actually sanctioning transfers such as our star striker leaving is despite Gao rather than because of him.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

What has Gao done well? on 14:21 - Sep 30 with 2700 viewskingslandstand1

I think probably some valid points although regarding "He hasn't flogged all our best assets. At least not the ones that didn't want to leave" I'd say we need to look at WHY those players want to leave

Obviously cash/salaries comes in to that, but also it could be that those players see no incentives to stay coming from the club such as ambition to actually try and win something with some investment or to see the club going somewhere to make them think they'd like to be a part of that etc
What has Gao done well? on 14:24 - Sep 30 with 2684 viewsDorsetIan

When you say 'Gao has kept us at the level that in the main we have always been in the top flight...' that would tend to imply that Gao has actually done something, and I'm not sure that that is the case.

The best that can said for him is that he's sat on his hands for 4 years and yet we are still in the Premier League. That seems to me to be more by luck than good judgement on his part.

Slow motion car crash is the best analogy for me. Hoping someone else can grab the wheel or trigger the air bags before it's too late.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

What has Gao done well? on 15:11 - Sep 30 with 2656 viewsSonicBoom

What has Gao done well? on 14:21 - Sep 30 by kingslandstand1

I think probably some valid points although regarding "He hasn't flogged all our best assets. At least not the ones that didn't want to leave" I'd say we need to look at WHY those players want to leave

Obviously cash/salaries comes in to that, but also it could be that those players see no incentives to stay coming from the club such as ambition to actually try and win something with some investment or to see the club going somewhere to make them think they'd like to be a part of that etc

The key to that is that usually players leave any club to go to another club for one of three reasons.
1. More money.
2. More chance of winning something.
3. More money AND more chance of winning something.

All of the above requires the buying club to have more money than Saints and as I said Gao just isn't rich enough. Hence Ings goes to Villa. Let's face it, if you aren't going to win anything you might as well not win anything at Villa but get paid a lot more.
There's no lack of ambition at Saints. There's just a lack of money to fund that ambition so we have to adjust our sights accordingly.
And that is modern football in a nutshell....
What has Gao done well? on 16:26 - Sep 30 with 2605 viewsButty101

What has Gao done well? on 15:11 - Sep 30 by SonicBoom

The key to that is that usually players leave any club to go to another club for one of three reasons.
1. More money.
2. More chance of winning something.
3. More money AND more chance of winning something.

All of the above requires the buying club to have more money than Saints and as I said Gao just isn't rich enough. Hence Ings goes to Villa. Let's face it, if you aren't going to win anything you might as well not win anything at Villa but get paid a lot more.
There's no lack of ambition at Saints. There's just a lack of money to fund that ambition so we have to adjust our sights accordingly.
And that is modern football in a nutshell....

Its nothing to do with him not being rich enough. Hes a billionaire several times over

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

What has Gao done well? on 16:35 - Sep 30 with 2614 viewsUlsterBaz

What has Gao done well? on 14:24 - Sep 30 by DorsetIan

When you say 'Gao has kept us at the level that in the main we have always been in the top flight...' that would tend to imply that Gao has actually done something, and I'm not sure that that is the case.

The best that can said for him is that he's sat on his hands for 4 years and yet we are still in the Premier League. That seems to me to be more by luck than good judgement on his part.

Slow motion car crash is the best analogy for me. Hoping someone else can grab the wheel or trigger the air bags before it's too late.

^ This.
What has Gao done well? on 17:26 - Sep 30 with 2588 viewsBazza

What has Gao done well? on 16:35 - Sep 30 by UlsterBaz

^ This.

China has increased control over their millionaires stopping a lot of external investment following the USA cold shoulder. I doubt Gao could spend money even if he wanted to.
What has Gao done well? on 20:53 - Sep 30 with 2525 viewssaint68

He's done well to cut down on his carbon footprint with pointless international flights to a pet project he has zero sporting interest in

He's done well to avoid some of the most uninspiring performances for well over a decade

He's done well to support a manager on the tail end of two embarrassing 0-9 9-0 humiliations

He's done well to become so utterly pointless in his ownership that droves are turning their backs on the club

He's done well to avoid any real protests against his inept ownership..probably because people have become so uninspired that they've just given up completely.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

What has Gao done well? on 09:01 - Oct 1 with 2444 viewsSadoldgit

There doesn’t need to be a protest to get Gao out as he wants out himself. He wanted out when we were (briefly) top of the league. Instead of the continuous whinging perhaps we should put our energy into worrying about who the next owner will be.
What has Gao done well? on 08:31 - Oct 2 with 2380 viewsdirk_doone

He has done exceptionally well in the unpopularity poll:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-popular-premier-league-owners-

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What has Gao done well? on 16:43 - Oct 2 with 2292 viewsbarry_sanchez

He got stung buying this and hasn't invested since, the rules for him to buy the club were bent as well, a crook looking to clean money and then the rules were brought into place and the rug was pulled underneath him, he shouldn't be anywhere near a football club but the reality is he is.
Going down will get rid so silver linings.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

What has Gao done well? on 17:29 - Oct 2 with 2257 viewsSaintsforeverj

What has Gao done well? on 08:31 - Oct 2 by dirk_doone

He has done exceptionally well in the unpopularity poll:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-popular-premier-league-owners-

Gao the most unpopular in the whole league as voted for by fans. So let's start protesting in whatever way ( not going going games, whatever) and get him out.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

What has Gao done well? on 17:34 - Oct 2 with 2254 viewsSadoldgit

What has Gao done well? on 16:43 - Oct 2 by barry_sanchez

He got stung buying this and hasn't invested since, the rules for him to buy the club were bent as well, a crook looking to clean money and then the rules were brought into place and the rug was pulled underneath him, he shouldn't be anywhere near a football club but the reality is he is.
Going down will get rid so silver linings.

Do you have any evidence that he was money laundering?
What has Gao done well? on 17:49 - Oct 2 with 2245 viewsbarry_sanchez

What has Gao done well? on 17:34 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

Do you have any evidence that he was money laundering?

Yes I'll present after nipping up to the Royal courts of Justice, he failed the initial test remember, if you want black and white why come on a forum, I'd look up the meaning of forum and then after digesting that I'd question whether a forum is the right place for you.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

What has Gao done well? on 18:52 - Oct 2 with 2214 viewsSadoldgit

What has Gao done well? on 17:49 - Oct 2 by barry_sanchez

Yes I'll present after nipping up to the Royal courts of Justice, he failed the initial test remember, if you want black and white why come on a forum, I'd look up the meaning of forum and then after digesting that I'd question whether a forum is the right place for you.

You said he was money laundering as part of his acquisition of this football club. I assumed that you had evidence to back up your claim but it appears that you were just making it up.
What has Gao done well? on 08:48 - Oct 3 with 2136 viewscocklebreath

Deffo wouldn’t buy us because of a few posts on here 😑

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024