Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? 20:11 - Nov 4 with 1950 viewsSadoldgit

Looks like he is about to be announced as Newcastle’s new manager on a 2.5 year contract. Can’t be right? We were told that he didn’t want to move and was holding out for the Saints job which would be his between now and Christmas! 🤔
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 20:53 - Nov 4 with 1893 viewsPatfromPoole

My eyebrows are raised.

Will be interesting to see the reaction of Barcodes fans, who probably thought they were going to get Guardiola or Klopp.

That said, I think Howe is a top manager, though I know many on here think I’m deluded.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 20:58 - Nov 4 with 1886 viewsHeisenberg

For the worlds richest club it seems the new owners have no plan in place. You would have thought they would have had someone already in place when they sacked Bruce. Howe is third or fourth choice. I really hope they get relegated and it all goes tits up.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 21:17 - Nov 4 with 1863 viewsgreen

Even if Newcastle did go down this season (and surely they'll splash a lot of cash in the January window) they surely wouldn't be in the Championship for long.

I think Howe deserves great credit for what he did at Bournemouth. I know they spent a relatively large amount of money but so have other clubs/managers who have started in a much better position and not done as well as him. One bad season for them but otherwise he did well for such a small club.
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 22:10 - Nov 4 with 1789 viewsKriSaint

They will probably say they went with a talented, young British manager because that felt right.....
I can't see Howe getting warm welcomes from the Newcastle fans if he gets the job, and he will be in a seat so hot that he will burn his behind.
Can Howe attract premier league quality players to N'Castle??
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 22:41 - Nov 4 with 1759 viewsA1079

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 20:53 - Nov 4 by PatfromPoole

My eyebrows are raised.

Will be interesting to see the reaction of Barcodes fans, who probably thought they were going to get Guardiola or Klopp.

That said, I think Howe is a top manager, though I know many on here think I’m deluded.

I agree with you that I think Howe is a good manager, but I do not see him lasting long at Newcastle. He will be a stop gap for Newcastle as they will be hoping he keeps them up and then spend like mad next summer both on a bigger name manager and numerous players. But, they could just as easily go down and it is not a given that they will get the personnel they need in the January window and even if they do, that they will gel quick enough. This could be a move that Howe could end up regretting.
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 22:46 - Nov 4 with 1753 viewsSaintNick

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 22:41 - Nov 4 by A1079

I agree with you that I think Howe is a good manager, but I do not see him lasting long at Newcastle. He will be a stop gap for Newcastle as they will be hoping he keeps them up and then spend like mad next summer both on a bigger name manager and numerous players. But, they could just as easily go down and it is not a given that they will get the personnel they need in the January window and even if they do, that they will gel quick enough. This could be a move that Howe could end up regretting.

I agree with you Howe has a decent track record at Bournemouth, but i don't think he has it to be a truly top manager at a big clubs, I think Howe is the stop gap, till they can get spending properly in the summer.

In January they will look to make a couple of signings, JWP for one, but in the long run Howe and any signings in january will be dumped when Newcastle can spend spend spend

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 23:17 - Nov 4 with 1726 viewshedgeend61

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 21:17 - Nov 4 by green

Even if Newcastle did go down this season (and surely they'll splash a lot of cash in the January window) they surely wouldn't be in the Championship for long.

I think Howe deserves great credit for what he did at Bournemouth. I know they spent a relatively large amount of money but so have other clubs/managers who have started in a much better position and not done as well as him. One bad season for them but otherwise he did well for such a small club.

Does anyone really think Amanda and the Saudis have planned for the Championship?

If First choice Dick Emery (I'm coming/ no I'm not now) and now Eddie (don't like it up Norf) are the best two choices, you have to ask what the question is?

Any manager going there now knows the moneys good but they're only there short term until they get decent players, then a decent manager in time.

Will Eddie be able to attract decent players in January for a relegation scrap?
If he takes them down, and there's a fair chance they will, he'll be sacked in May and his career will be over.

Lets hope they do go down, would be really funny.
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 23:37 - Nov 4 with 1712 viewsA1079

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 22:46 - Nov 4 by SaintNick

I agree with you Howe has a decent track record at Bournemouth, but i don't think he has it to be a truly top manager at a big clubs, I think Howe is the stop gap, till they can get spending properly in the summer.

In January they will look to make a couple of signings, JWP for one, but in the long run Howe and any signings in january will be dumped when Newcastle can spend spend spend

Completely agree with you Nick. I think Howe is a good manager but I would not put him in the great category by any means and I don't think he is really the name they are looking towards to make that big change from a club just surviving to one that wants to challenge with the very best domestically and abroad.

I think Howe is on a hiding to nothing on this. Though I have nothing against Howe at all I agree with other posters where I would not be disappointed if Newcastle did end up going down.
Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 07:51 - Nov 5 with 1596 viewsTripleNiemi

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 22:10 - Nov 4 by KriSaint

They will probably say they went with a talented, young British manager because that felt right.....
I can't see Howe getting warm welcomes from the Newcastle fans if he gets the job, and he will be in a seat so hot that he will burn his behind.
Can Howe attract premier league quality players to N'Castle??

Can Howe attract Premier League quality players to Newcastle?????

Don't think Howe will have any trouble attracting players to be honest as i am sure the cash on offer may have more to do with who joins the ranks. Money is king to most players nowadays. Maybe he will come in for Redmond?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:25 - Nov 5 with 1561 viewssaintwizzler

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 07:51 - Nov 5 by TripleNiemi

Don't think Howe will have any trouble attracting players to be honest as i am sure the cash on offer may have more to do with who joins the ranks. Money is king to most players nowadays. Maybe he will come in for Redmond?

Jordon Ibe is without a club at the moment.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:41 - Nov 5 with 1539 viewsPatfromPoole

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:25 - Nov 5 by saintwizzler

Jordon Ibe is without a club at the moment.

Crashed his Bentley more times than he scored for Boscombe, bae.

Bet they sign Lerma from Boscombe in January.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:50 - Nov 5 with 1518 viewssaintwizzler

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:41 - Nov 5 by PatfromPoole

He can run fast though.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:54 - Nov 5 with 1512 viewsTripleNiemi

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:50 - Nov 5 by saintwizzler

He can run fast though.

As fast as Van Gobbel?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 15:29 - Nov 5 with 1416 viewsTimSaint

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:41 - Nov 5 by PatfromPoole

Didn't they pay something ridiculous like £28m for Lerma ?

.....or approximately £10m more than our record transfer fee !! :-)

TimSaint

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 16:21 - Nov 5 with 1390 viewsSadoldgit

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 07:51 - Nov 5 by TripleNiemi

I think you are right, they will offer high wages and that will attract a better quality player as Blackburn did a few years back. I can’t see many quality players want to go there in January though, would have thought they will want to be sure they will be at a Prem club next season.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on up there.
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 16:25 - Nov 5 with 1384 viewssaint22

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 20:58 - Nov 4 by Heisenberg

For the worlds richest club it seems the new owners have no plan in place. You would have thought they would have had someone already in place when they sacked Bruce. Howe is third or fourth choice. I really hope they get relegated and it all goes tits up.

I agree with you
Was arguing with a Boro fan who was moaning how this investment will turn Newcastle into a huge club
I dont think it will, yes I know players love cash but I think its a hard sell over lots of other clubs and was much as Howe is good he aint no Conte where it comes to attracting players
I think they will continue to struggle for a while
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 06:27 - Nov 6 with 1186 viewssaint68

Will his family even allow him to sign...I'm sure his last spell up North was halted by family issues and the consequent return to the south coast.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 06:45 - Nov 6 with 1168 views1ASIN12

I wonder how Newcastle fans are reacting to Howe as manager , he’s probably not the name they were expecting .

However I bet if you said to then that come November Mike Ashley would be gone , Steve Bruce would be gone and Eddie Howe would be manager most would have taken it .
Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 08:20 - Nov 6 with 1118 viewsNumber_58

Eddie Howe to Newcastle? on 06:27 - Nov 6 by saint68

Will his family even allow him to sign...I'm sure his last spell up North was halted by family issues and the consequent return to the south coast.

My Boscombe chums told me that one of Howe's parents died while he was at Burnley and he struggled to cope with it and just wanted to come home. He seems a decent chap but quite intense. The pressure got to him at Bmth in the end, I'm not sure how he'd cope at a big club if things started going badly wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024