Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron 09:13 - Dec 13 with 11659 viewssaint68

Is that the same omicron that is spreading phenomenally and put 10 people in hospital...it also seems to bypass the vaccines

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/12/how-omicron-appears-to-be-infectin

Mild illness reported widely

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/09/south-african-covid-cases-up-255-i

The media scaremongering and government rhetoric is so alarmist..its embarrassing!!

Businesses are once again getting hit hard and the F&B sector is yet again going to lose out on their busiest annual period.

Stopping GP'S from doing their routine care and instead focusing on a massive rollout of a vaccine that doesn’t seem to stop the spread is ridiculous.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 10:40 - Dec 20 with 1269 viewsBicester_North

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 09:35 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

Our one is “rammed”. I am not sure what difference it makes about monthly numbers if the staff can barely cope with the patients they have.

The monthly numbers show that the number of Covid hospital patients are quite low, about 1/5th the number in January 2021.
So might hopefully ease your fears slightly for today at least.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 11:43 - Dec 20 with 1248 viewsPoirot

I find it amusing that the 'critical thinking' covid conspiracy types focus on hospital numbers. When the situatiuon is much bigger than that covering all critical services. More people become ill they cant work and so you get the likes of police, fireman, security, food and petrol delivery all becoming an issue.
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 12:00 - Dec 20 with 1206 viewsDorsetIan

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 09:54 - Dec 20 by saint68

I'm 53 and retired with a small property portfolio..never went to college or university...so I'm not an academic.

Hope that answers your query Baz.

Your vaccine status is full no doubt.

Managing that property portfolio will have give you all the skills you need to crack a global medical emergency. I understand that the Moscow property market has thrown up some really tricky issue in recent years.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 12:06 - Dec 20 with 1214 viewsSalisburySaint

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 11:43 - Dec 20 by Poirot

I find it amusing that the 'critical thinking' covid conspiracy types focus on hospital numbers. When the situatiuon is much bigger than that covering all critical services. More people become ill they cant work and so you get the likes of police, fireman, security, food and petrol delivery all becoming an issue.

Add to that loads of Train and Bus drivers off, so loads of cancellations so many cant even get to work
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 13:13 - Dec 20 with 1185 viewsBicester_North

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 11:43 - Dec 20 by Poirot

What’s the answer then? Restrictions every year? I’ve had the vaccines by the way. We were told that was the end of restrictions and the UK vaccination rate is very high.

How about if you feel ill don’t go to work, and end the constant testing.

Either that or keep restrictions going all the time so you end up with a basket case economy and mental health issues through the roof, especially in the youth, plus all restrictions do is delay the inevitable.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 13:15]

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:23 - Dec 20 with 1135 viewsSalisburySaint

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 13:13 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

What’s the answer then? Restrictions every year? I’ve had the vaccines by the way. We were told that was the end of restrictions and the UK vaccination rate is very high.

Either that or keep restrictions going all the time so you end up with a basket case economy and mental health issues through the roof, especially in the youth, plus all restrictions do is delay the inevitable.

think your suggestion about not going to work if you feel ill the government approach now

https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave?utm_ID=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&

not sure if this will be too popular with employers though with loads likely to take the p*ss at companies expense
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:43 - Dec 20 with 1112 viewsPoirot

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 13:13 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

We have been rolling since the end of July with high numbers. But there has to be something done when it gets to the critical stage, like now. This will be going on for a number of years and overall until 80% of the world has been vaccinated with updated jabs.
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:47 - Dec 20 with 1109 viewsBicester_North

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:43 - Dec 20 by Poirot

We have been rolling since the end of July with high numbers. But there has to be something done when it gets to the critical stage, like now. This will be going on for a number of years and overall until 80% of the world has been vaccinated with updated jabs.

Mental tunnel vision obsession with Covid. At the expense of loads of other shit that makes life worth living.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 14:48]

Login to get fewer ads

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:53 - Dec 20 with 1099 viewsSadoldgit

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 10:40 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

The monthly numbers show that the number of Covid hospital patients are quite low, about 1/5th the number in January 2021.
So might hopefully ease your fears slightly for today at least.

I was referring to my local hospital. As for my fears, I have had my jabs and take my chances with the rest, but thanks for your concern. As for your comment about not going to work if you feel ill, you recall the number of super spreaders with no symptoms no doubt?
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:00 - Dec 20 with 1091 viewsBicester_North

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 14:53 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

I was referring to my local hospital. As for my fears, I have had my jabs and take my chances with the rest, but thanks for your concern. As for your comment about not going to work if you feel ill, you recall the number of super spreaders with no symptoms no doubt?

Yes I can imagine your local hospital is much worse than anywhere else in the country. So then retired person, restrictions or/and chronic understaffing every year/variant yes?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:24 - Dec 20 with 1059 viewsJellybaby

I heard recently that in the US, by the time you are 18, you have 72 inoculations, Now with corona you could easily have 3 boosters a year. Do any Uglies have any misgivings about the amount of jabbing being done generally?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:39 - Dec 20 with 1040 views1885_SFC

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:24 - Dec 20 by Jellybaby

I heard recently that in the US, by the time you are 18, you have 72 inoculations, Now with corona you could easily have 3 boosters a year. Do any Uglies have any misgivings about the amount of jabbing being done generally?

Not me - no. Never had a problem with needles, vaccines, inoculations. I've had so many over the years it's untrue. Lived in Australia for years when I was young. Later in life I spent 12-years at sea and had to have all sorts of jabs if I wanted to go ashore in Asia, Africa, etc.

Three boosters a year doesn't bother me personally. So be it. I've weighed up the pros & cons of being jabbed or not. At the end of the day - it's my life, my choice, my body. I'd like to think that I'm old enough & intelligent enough to make my own choices.

Old School is Cool

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:46 - Dec 20 with 1027 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Jelly
The CDC in the USA recommend 16 vaccines for children up to the age of 18, some of which require multiple doses at specific ages but of course this will depend on health insurance provisions.
Here in the UK I think children have about 10 jabs but these include 6 in 1 vaccines.
Doesnt seem to have done me any harm
I would willingly volunteer for regular injections between August and May against despair after another disappointing result.
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:01 - Dec 20 with 985 viewsCity_boy

I read today that the anti-vac brigade have been block booking slots at the Wembley site to stop others getting the vaccine. I have no problem, if these people do not want to have the vaccine themselves, but do not stop others that do want it, just because it doesn't align with their views.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 17:01]
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:31 - Dec 20 with 966 viewsSadoldgit

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 15:00 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

Yes I can imagine your local hospital is much worse than anywhere else in the country. So then retired person, restrictions or/and chronic understaffing every year/variant yes?

I don’t know if that is the case. I do know that the new variant is spreading rapidly in Kent.
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:42 - Dec 20 with 959 viewscocklebreath

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:31 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

I don’t know if that is the case. I do know that the new variant is spreading rapidly in Kent.

and still hospital numbers stay low, it’s as if this variant isnt particularly bad and vaccines work.🙄

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:44 - Dec 20 with 959 viewsSaintsforeverj

Deaths though have once again gone down. Am I missing something here? Surely if 30 million people and rising, mostly those over 50 have had the booster jab (which is effective against omicron), then hospitalisations and deaths will be much lower. The variant is also being reported as more mild than other variants. The infection rate will go up, because the vaccines don't prevent infection, we know this. What was the point of the vaccines if the deaths and hospital admissions they are preventing, still doesn't prevent restrictions? Why do they think deaths will go up so much, when it's milder and so many have had the booster jab that they say works?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:05 - Dec 20 with 951 viewssaint901

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 17:44 - Dec 20 by Saintsforeverj

Deaths though have once again gone down. Am I missing something here? Surely if 30 million people and rising, mostly those over 50 have had the booster jab (which is effective against omicron), then hospitalisations and deaths will be much lower. The variant is also being reported as more mild than other variants. The infection rate will go up, because the vaccines don't prevent infection, we know this. What was the point of the vaccines if the deaths and hospital admissions they are preventing, still doesn't prevent restrictions? Why do they think deaths will go up so much, when it's milder and so many have had the booster jab that they say works?

The Omicron variant is much more contagious than the Delta version.

Nobody really knows if Omicron is more or less deadly than Delta. As was said in last week's press conference, the Omicron variant in SA was producing hospitalisations even in a partially vaccinated population.

Even if the incidence of severe reaction is less, more cases still means that those needing to go to hospital could be huge.

Delta at its height put 40,000 people in hospital. Omicron is around 6 to 8 times more contagious. Therefore even if it was producing severe illness in 6 to 8 times fewer people, we would be back to 40k pretty soon.

The population boosted is around 50%. We will struggle to get to 85% where the impact of mass programmes really begin. If there is 20% of the population unvaccinated (14m people) and infection rates are 655 per 100k, that's over 9m with the disease. A hospital rate of 1% is close on 100,000 in hospital. This is why we need people to be vaccinated.

Cue those who claim vaccination is tantamount to a far right take over.
1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:17 - Dec 20 with 944 viewsSaintsforeverj

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:05 - Dec 20 by saint901

Nobody really knows if Omicron is more or less deadly than Delta. As was said in last week's press conference, the Omicron variant in SA was producing hospitalisations even in a partially vaccinated population.

Even if the incidence of severe reaction is less, more cases still means that those needing to go to hospital could be huge.

Delta at its height put 40,000 people in hospital. Omicron is around 6 to 8 times more contagious. Therefore even if it was producing severe illness in 6 to 8 times fewer people, we would be back to 40k pretty soon.

The population boosted is around 50%. We will struggle to get to 85% where the impact of mass programmes really begin. If there is 20% of the population unvaccinated (14m people) and infection rates are 655 per 100k, that's over 9m with the disease. A hospital rate of 1% is close on 100,000 in hospital. This is why we need people to be vaccinated.

Most over 50's and the vulnerable, are protected with the vaccine booster jab, that we have been told prevents serious illness. A huge majority of those likely to be hospitalised are safe (apart from a few exceptions). So it follows that the vast majority of people who get infected (and could get seriously Ill) will be the un-boosted under 50's, who are soon to be boosted too in the next few weeks. The statistics show that very few people under 50 go into hospital or die from covid anyway. The vast majority of the under 50's are also double jabbed, which also protects to some extent from serious illness, even with omicron. Deaths are decreasing, hospital admissions are stable, this is supposed to be milder, so I really can't see why further restrictions are needed. And, we have to remember the consequences to people's lives, jobs, mental health for an illness that isn't resulting in more deaths, which you would expect because the vaccines prevent it.

The 9 million you quote, will be healthy young people. Very very few young people end up in hospital, so I can't see why 100 000 of those 9 million would end up in hospital. And if they do, they should have got vaccinated
😜
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 18:33]

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 19:59 - Dec 20 with 874 viewsDorsetIan

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:17 - Dec 20 by Saintsforeverj

Most over 50's and the vulnerable, are protected with the vaccine booster jab, that we have been told prevents serious illness. A huge majority of those likely to be hospitalised are safe (apart from a few exceptions). So it follows that the vast majority of people who get infected (and could get seriously Ill) will be the un-boosted under 50's, who are soon to be boosted too in the next few weeks. The statistics show that very few people under 50 go into hospital or die from covid anyway. The vast majority of the under 50's are also double jabbed, which also protects to some extent from serious illness, even with omicron. Deaths are decreasing, hospital admissions are stable, this is supposed to be milder, so I really can't see why further restrictions are needed. And, we have to remember the consequences to people's lives, jobs, mental health for an illness that isn't resulting in more deaths, which you would expect because the vaccines prevent it.

The 9 million you quote, will be healthy young people. Very very few young people end up in hospital, so I can't see why 100 000 of those 9 million would end up in hospital. And if they do, they should have got vaccinated
😜
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 18:33]

Two sensible posts for once representing the two sides of the debate.

Everything 901 said was spot on.

Saintfj set out the sceptics view without recourse to fairy stories or lies.

The government is currently siding with Saintfj and waiting and seeing.

Others - an awful lot of scientists - are saying that they can predict a lot of pain ahead if nothing is done now and are relying on the sorts of numbers that 901 was quoting.

The government has delayed in the past and come a cropper. It also pressed ahead with the unlocking in the summer and things weren’t as bad as some predicted.

Time will tell. There probably isn’t a right or wrong answer at the moment, we‘ll only discover that in retrospect. It’s all about the numbers.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 20:01]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 20:30 - Dec 20 with 852 viewsSaintsforeverj

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 19:59 - Dec 20 by DorsetIan

Two sensible posts for once representing the two sides of the debate.

Everything 901 said was spot on.

Saintfj set out the sceptics view without recourse to fairy stories or lies.

The government is currently siding with Saintfj and waiting and seeing.

Others - an awful lot of scientists - are saying that they can predict a lot of pain ahead if nothing is done now and are relying on the sorts of numbers that 901 was quoting.

The government has delayed in the past and come a cropper. It also pressed ahead with the unlocking in the summer and things weren’t as bad as some predicted.

Time will tell. There probably isn’t a right or wrong answer at the moment, we‘ll only discover that in retrospect. It’s all about the numbers.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 20:01]

Spot on. I would just add though, that shutting down the economy and all the disastrous consequences that would bring, shouldn't be done on a cautious maybe, unless it is almost certain that this variant is going to overwhelm the NHS. It shouldn't if millions of older people are protected by the booster jab. Come January we will know. Like the summer, I would expect that the hysterical response we keep having to this, is probably way off the mark.

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 21:46 - Dec 20 with 821 viewssaint68

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 12:00 - Dec 20 by DorsetIan

Managing that property portfolio will have give you all the skills you need to crack a global medical emergency. I understand that the Moscow property market has thrown up some really tricky issue in recent years.

Oh Ian my poor little baby, I've been shrewd enough and had the awareness to obtain a life free of work by 52...my last contract was over £8000 a month clear and all expenses paid..I am a proper thick coont that now has zero need to work ever again and my wife and children have zero need to worry when I pass on...I'm a practical man that sees life far differently than you..the only downfall is that I spend too much time on here winding up mugs like you to fill the void from being at work..I consider weekly going back to eliminate my desire to wind idiots like you up and bolster my account ..its difficult being so bored that I've engaged in being some kind of pantomime villan on here...maybe I need to just say fuk you once more and retire from the ugly for good.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 22:12]

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 21:47 - Dec 20 with 819 viewscocklebreath

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 18:05 - Dec 20 by saint901

Fook me do you work for Sage? A load of codswhallop

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 22:13 - Dec 20 with 804 viewssaint68

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 21:47 - Dec 20 by cocklebreath

Fook me do you work for Sage? A load of codswhallop

Fukin academics for ya!!! 🤑🤑🤑

1 million jabs a day to beat Omicron on 23:16 - Dec 20 with 776 viewsParanoidHemroid

An interesting 25 minutes from a professor in mathematics

Poll: Do you think there should be a seperate page for polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024