Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace Match Thread 18:47 - Dec 15 with 4745 viewsButty101

3-1!palace

Glad to see tella and smallbone getting a chance.

Fair play to all those that can be bothered to go

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Palace Match Thread on 21:15 - Dec 15 with 1230 viewskingslandstand1

Palace Match Thread on 20:16 - Dec 15 by Centurion

We need to be 4 goals up before extra time.

Will just about feel confident then
Palace Match Thread on 21:18 - Dec 15 with 1199 viewsCenturion

Come on Saints for once close this out.
Palace Match Thread on 21:19 - Dec 15 with 1195 viewscocklebreath

Hanging on now, a point would be great, come on you knobheads

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Palace Match Thread on 21:19 - Dec 15 with 1178 views1885_SFC

'kin Saints. Always put you through the wringer.

Old School is Cool

Palace Match Thread on 21:21 - Dec 15 with 1164 viewscocklebreath

Djenepo is bamby

Palace Match Thread on 21:25 - Dec 15 with 1117 viewscocklebreath

Happy with that

Palace Match Thread on 21:25 - Dec 15 with 1121 viewsCenturion

2-2. A good point but it could have been 3.

Going to be nervy season.
Palace Match Thread on 21:28 - Dec 15 with 1101 viewsgrumpy

Happy with a point but boy why do we make it so hard?
Login to get fewer ads

Palace Match Thread on 21:30 - Dec 15 with 1074 viewsdirk_doone

We'd have taken a draw before the game but we need to win a game one of these days and tonight the 3 points were there for the taking. But, once Ralph replaced Broja and Tella with Long and Walcott that chance was gone.

What is the point of playing Long and Walcott at this level? They really are a waste of space.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 21:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Palace Match Thread on 21:33 - Dec 15 with 1062 viewsgrumpy

Palace Match Thread on 21:30 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

We'd have taken a draw before the game but we need to win a game one of these days and tonight the 3 points were there for the taking. But, once Ralph replaced Broja and Tella with Long and Walcott that chance was gone.

What is the point of playing Long and Walcott at this level? They really are a waste of space.

I saw no sense in those subs.
Could have cost us a point.
Why replace Boja and Tella?
On a positive note the goalkeeper played well.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 21:35]
Palace Match Thread on 21:36 - Dec 15 with 1029 viewsA1079

A good entertaining game and we did well after a shaky start but boy what will it take to hold onto a lead to the end? It was a good point but we really need a win. Tella was superb tonight. JWP much better and more like his oldself. Romeu improved as the game went on but still gave away silly fouls. Djenepo - if he could find his feet and be composed he could hurt the opposition. Caballero did alright.

If we were not so desperate for a win I would say that was a good point.
Palace Match Thread on 21:37 - Dec 15 with 1004 viewsdirk_doone

Palace Match Thread on 21:33 - Dec 15 by grumpy

Exactly. You could argue that Ralph was saving Broja and Tella for the Brentford game but 3 points were within our grasp at the time and there is no guarantee that we'll beat Brentford. Our substitutions helped Palace more than they helped us because they removed any goalscoring threat we had. Long and Walcott should both have been released last year. They certainly shouldn't be playing in the Premier League.

Palace Match Thread on 21:38 - Dec 15 with 1009 viewsfelly1

Palace Match Thread on 21:33 - Dec 15 by grumpy

Probably because we want to make sure they dont get injured and they are fresh for Brentford.
Palace Match Thread on 21:38 - Dec 15 with 994 viewsSaintsforeverj

Relieved after the start, to at least come away with a point. However, without a win in 6. All the while the teams below keep losing we are ok, but it's still disappointing to defend so badly again and not show enough aggression / determination to.win the game.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Palace Match Thread on 21:39 - Dec 15 with 1003 viewscocklebreath

Palace Match Thread on 21:30 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

Only Ralph knows the answer to that, I expect in training they both very occasionally show glimpses of former glories, accepted Shane’s former glories aren’t up to much

Palace Match Thread on 21:42 - Dec 15 with 974 viewsdirk_doone

Palace Match Thread on 21:38 - Dec 15 by felly1

Probably because we want to make sure they dont get injured and they are fresh for Brentford.

I guess we'll have to see how that works out. But, surely if we have to take off Broja and Tella, a couple of our youngsters would be better than Long and Walcott. They certainly couldn't be any worse.

Palace Match Thread on 21:46 - Dec 15 with 949 viewsdirk_doone

Palace Match Thread on 21:38 - Dec 15 by Saintsforeverj

Relieved after the start, to at least come away with a point. However, without a win in 6. All the while the teams below keep losing we are ok, but it's still disappointing to defend so badly again and not show enough aggression / determination to.win the game.

And that was why taking off Broja and Tella felt so disappointing. While they were on the pitch we had a realistic chance for the first time in six games to get a win; with Long and Walcott we all knew we had none and I think the Palace players knew that too.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 21:49]

Palace Match Thread on 22:07 - Dec 15 with 850 viewsSaintsforeverj

Palace Match Thread on 21:46 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

And that was why taking off Broja and Tella felt so disappointing. While they were on the pitch we had a realistic chance for the first time in six games to get a win; with Long and Walcott we all knew we had none and I think the Palace players knew that too.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 21:49]

Broja may have been carrying an injury perhaps, but certainly shouldn't have taken Tella off. He was playing so well. However, the defending for the 2nd goal was stupid once again. Benali pointed out on tv that we had about 5 defenders around a palace player and they still couldn't stop the ball across the box. Or more to the point, they just stood there instead of tackling.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 22:10]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Palace Match Thread on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 807 viewsdirk_doone

If Ralph really has to sub our best forwards, I'd rather see youngsters like Olaigbe and Watts come on than Long and Walcott. I'm sure that nearly all Saints fans thought like I did Oh no, when they saw Long and Walcott replacing Broja and Tella.

Palace Match Thread on 00:01 - Dec 16 with 663 viewsDorsetIan

Long, Walcott and Djenepo all showed why they shouldn’t be in the team.

Broja is a class act. Very few his age are as quick and skilful and strong.

But overall - leaving aside the details - it was business as usual. We have some good players but we lack shape and we lack any sense of composure or control. And we are flimsy/brittle/ flakey - take your pick.

I can’t see anything but more of the same (at best) under Ralph. He’s had a good innings and he’s not going to change/improve. The club should be looking for someone else now. Someone better. This isn’t how a football team should operate.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Palace Match Thread on 08:29 - Dec 16 with 496 viewssaint68

Palace Match Thread on 22:20 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

If Ralph really has to sub our best forwards, I'd rather see youngsters like Olaigbe and Watts come on than Long and Walcott. I'm sure that nearly all Saints fans thought like I did Oh no, when they saw Long and Walcott replacing Broja and Tella.

Ralph thinks putting those two on is the right thing to do...Ralph has lost the plot.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Palace Match Thread on 08:51 - Dec 16 with 475 viewsSalisburySaint

Not sure if I've missed it being mentioned earlier, but at game last night i thought Romeu was fouled by Hughes in build up to Palace's first goal, ref put whistle to mouth and then let it go.

just watched video of goals this morning and its an obvious foul iMO, Hughes dives in and goes right through Romeu

the referee was so biased towards Palace last night it was untrue, constantly given them free kicks for minor incidents.
Palace Match Thread on 08:56 - Dec 16 with 468 viewsElijahK

At the end of the day it deserved to be a draw, and for a game that most fans were expecting to loose like 3-0, I’d of taken a draw before KO, and am happy with it afterwards! As we were winning, loosing and drawing all for basically a third of the game and both teams had golden opportunities that they didn’t take.
But on Ralph, I thought our starting 11 was spot on, but he really didn’t help his case with bringing on Walcott, but still we got a point and if we can beat Brentford on Saturday then we’ll of had a great week!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Palace Match Thread on 08:59 - Dec 16 with 457 viewssaintwizzler

Palace Match Thread on 08:56 - Dec 16 by ElijahK

At the end of the day it deserved to be a draw, and for a game that most fans were expecting to loose like 3-0, I’d of taken a draw before KO, and am happy with it afterwards! As we were winning, loosing and drawing all for basically a third of the game and both teams had golden opportunities that they didn’t take.
But on Ralph, I thought our starting 11 was spot on, but he really didn’t help his case with bringing on Walcott, but still we got a point and if we can beat Brentford on Saturday then we’ll of had a great week!

If the Brentford game goes ahead hon 🦠

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Palace Match Thread on 09:08 - Dec 16 with 453 viewsMytchettSaint

Fed up of hearing “we should be happy with a point in a game we thought we’d lose”

That completely sums up the mentality of this club.

The game was there for the taking and once again we didn’t.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024