Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-shuffle 08:37 - May 25 with 3143 viewsPatfromPoole

Re-shuffling the backroom team.

Teflon Hassenhutl beginning to get more like Boris Johnson by the day……-

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8915588/southampton-sacking-ralp

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Re-shuffle on 09:37 - May 25 with 2237 viewsSaintNick

Perhaps Rasmus Ankersen and his Sport Republic colleagues are looking at the bigger picture, they are looking at where the problem lies not just the obvious places.

They are looking at what Ralph has done with limited resources and how in his three full seasons he has kept as us safe from relegation, taken us to the top of the league for the first time since 1988, into the top 10 this season and to an FA Cup semi final.

Yes we died a death in the last third or so of this and last season, but is that the manager or other issues.

Before you throw the two 9-0 defeats at me, they are just history now, if we based a manager and sacked him for a heavy defeat then Ted Bates would have been sacked, Lawrie McMenemy would have been gone long before the 1976 FA Cup Final (Ironically McMenemy was under worse fire from the fans back in 1975 than any manager since) literally every Saints manager over the past 60 years has at least one good walloping to his name.

What counts is not the hiccups along the way, but where you are at the end of the season, from that perspective Hasenhuttl has done the job required and that is to keep the team safely in mid table each season with limited resources and In the Premier League the following season.

He has done that, those that say if that is the limit of our ambition need to take a reality check, this is the Premier League 2022, league placings are all about money, Burnley let in less goals than all of the bottom half of the Premier League aside from Palace, where will they play next season ?

I have no problem with people feeling Hasenhuttl is not the man for the job, but I have a problem with negativity. name calling etc serves no good purpose, if people want him out tell us what the alternative is, suggest a solution.

But more to the point, our new owners are clearly going to reshuffle lets see what they do before we complain

This reply is not aimed at Pat, his is just the latest post on the subject

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Re-shuffle on 09:42 - May 25 with 2229 viewsPatfromPoole

Re-shuffle on 09:37 - May 25 by SaintNick

Perhaps Rasmus Ankersen and his Sport Republic colleagues are looking at the bigger picture, they are looking at where the problem lies not just the obvious places.

They are looking at what Ralph has done with limited resources and how in his three full seasons he has kept as us safe from relegation, taken us to the top of the league for the first time since 1988, into the top 10 this season and to an FA Cup semi final.

Yes we died a death in the last third or so of this and last season, but is that the manager or other issues.

Before you throw the two 9-0 defeats at me, they are just history now, if we based a manager and sacked him for a heavy defeat then Ted Bates would have been sacked, Lawrie McMenemy would have been gone long before the 1976 FA Cup Final (Ironically McMenemy was under worse fire from the fans back in 1975 than any manager since) literally every Saints manager over the past 60 years has at least one good walloping to his name.

What counts is not the hiccups along the way, but where you are at the end of the season, from that perspective Hasenhuttl has done the job required and that is to keep the team safely in mid table each season with limited resources and In the Premier League the following season.

He has done that, those that say if that is the limit of our ambition need to take a reality check, this is the Premier League 2022, league placings are all about money, Burnley let in less goals than all of the bottom half of the Premier League aside from Palace, where will they play next season ?

I have no problem with people feeling Hasenhuttl is not the man for the job, but I have a problem with negativity. name calling etc serves no good purpose, if people want him out tell us what the alternative is, suggest a solution.

But more to the point, our new owners are clearly going to reshuffle lets see what they do before we complain

This reply is not aimed at Pat, his is just the latest post on the subject

If we were going to make a change, the new man would have been in by now.

We however need a high-calibre Assistant Manager who can take over if Hassenhutl does indeed keep his word and walk away at the end of his contract. Though I am beginning to seriously doubt him on this.

My concern with this is I struggle to see Hassenhutl having the humility to take advice from an (almost) equal. One of his increasingly bad traits is his arrogance, and this could cost us big time.

Re-shuffle on 09:45 - May 25 with 2221 viewsSaintNick

Re-shuffle on 09:42 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

If we were going to make a change, the new man would have been in by now.

We however need a high-calibre Assistant Manager who can take over if Hassenhutl does indeed keep his word and walk away at the end of his contract. Though I am beginning to seriously doubt him on this.

My concern with this is I struggle to see Hassenhutl having the humility to take advice from an (almost) equal. One of his increasingly bad traits is his arrogance, and this could cost us big time.

You are hitting the nail on the head a little now, Hasenhuttl needs a right hand man who he can lean on, he needs coaching staff with experience, he has no one on the bench with any real experience of coaching, look at the benches of other Premier League clubs, you dont have an ex goalkeeper, an ex goalkeeping coach turned outfield coach and a man who was manager of Lowestoft Town.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Re-shuffle on 09:48 - May 25 with 2214 viewssaints__fan__73

Re-shuffle on 09:45 - May 25 by SaintNick

You are hitting the nail on the head a little now, Hasenhuttl needs a right hand man who he can lean on, he needs coaching staff with experience, he has no one on the bench with any real experience of coaching, look at the benches of other Premier League clubs, you dont have an ex goalkeeper, an ex goalkeeping coach turned outfield coach and a man who was manager of Lowestoft Town.

So why has Semmens insisted he have this load of crap on the bench with him? Every other manager in the PL brings in his own backroom staff.

I guess this is the cheap option as always with Saints.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Re-shuffle on 09:49 - May 25 with 2209 viewsPatfromPoole

Re-shuffle on 09:45 - May 25 by SaintNick

But do you not think this is a path which Hassenhutl has chosen to follow?

Experienced coaches aren’t hard to find.

Re-shuffle on 09:53 - May 25 with 2194 viewssaints__fan__73

Re-shuffle on 09:49 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

But do you not think this is a path which Hassenhutl has chosen to follow?

Experienced coaches aren’t hard to find.

Yes, I'm sure he was very insistent on having Fleming, Kelvin Davies and Dave Watson to help him!

Re-shuffle on 09:54 - May 25 with 2191 viewsPatfromPoole

Re-shuffle on 09:53 - May 25 by saints__fan__73

Yes, I'm sure he was very insistent on having Fleming, Kelvin Davies and Dave Watson to help him!

He might be if they are just yes-men.

Re-shuffle on 09:56 - May 25 with 2185 viewsBicester_North

Hopefully the owners already laid the groundwork for this re shuffle in the last abysmal few weeks of the season, so that the new structure is sorted before the players get back from their well earned luxurious holidays.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Re-shuffle on 10:00 - May 25 with 2177 viewssaints__fan__73

Re-shuffle on 09:54 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

He might be if they are just yes-men.

Yes, I'm sure it wouldn't be the club doing every thing on the cheap would it? There's no previous for that.

Bottom of net spend year after year, players sold and replaced with inferior alternatives, transfer windows coming and going without a penny spent.

BUT WHY AREN'T WE IN THE TOP HALF OF THE TABLE!!!!!!

Re-shuffle on 10:28 - May 25 with 2135 viewsPatfromPoole

Re-shuffle on 10:00 - May 25 by saints__fan__73

Yes, I'm sure it wouldn't be the club doing every thing on the cheap would it? There's no previous for that.

Bottom of net spend year after year, players sold and replaced with inferior alternatives, transfer windows coming and going without a penny spent.

BUT WHY AREN'T WE IN THE TOP HALF OF THE TABLE!!!!!!

I think we do pay fairly decent wages to the first-team squad relative to other clubs in the bottom-half of the Prem; excluding the basket-case at Goodison obviously.

This also covers the manager…..

Re-shuffle on 10:40 - May 25 with 2122 viewsWinchesterExile

It may be that changes to RH’s support staff can assist but the real problem is on the pitch including (1) players who just aren’t good enough for the Prem (2) suspect tactics which leave us very exposed at the back and (3) some dubious line ups and substitutions.

The fist issue needs some cash which I’m not sure we’ve got (we’ll see) and the other two issues require a new manager.

Let’s not get sidetracked by the back room stuff which isn’t the real nub of our problems.
Re-shuffle on 13:00 - May 25 with 1990 viewssaintwizzler

Re-shuffle on 10:40 - May 25 by WinchesterExile

It may be that changes to RH’s support staff can assist but the real problem is on the pitch including (1) players who just aren’t good enough for the Prem (2) suspect tactics which leave us very exposed at the back and (3) some dubious line ups and substitutions.

The fist issue needs some cash which I’m not sure we’ve got (we’ll see) and the other two issues require a new manager.

Let’s not get sidetracked by the back room stuff which isn’t the real nub of our problems.

Exactly.

Every single excuse has been used.
From VAR to dodgy drop balls. Refereeing decisions to Covid.

At Brentford the fans finally started on the real reason.
The manager.

He’s had ample time to change.
It’s the same baffling decisions made by him.
We’ve shown we can play.
We were 9th in February then it went to shit.

Thank you Ralph Hassenhüttl, but it’s time for a change.

Get Sean Dyche in. Experienced manager working on no money.
Takes no shit.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Re-shuffle on 13:03 - May 25 with 1984 viewssaints__fan__73

Re-shuffle on 10:28 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

I think we do pay fairly decent wages to the first-team squad relative to other clubs in the bottom-half of the Prem; excluding the basket-case at Goodison obviously.

Do we? 14th highest wage bill and we finished 15th. Not really that shocking is it?

Still I'm sure the bloke who did all of the heavy lifting in getting Burnley relegated would get us challenging for Europe...

Re-shuffle on 13:26 - May 25 with 1947 viewssaintwizzler

Re-shuffle on 13:03 - May 25 by saints__fan__73

Do we? 14th highest wage bill and we finished 15th. Not really that shocking is it?

Still I'm sure the bloke who did all of the heavy lifting in getting Burnley relegated would get us challenging for Europe...

There’s more chance of you going to an away game than Dyche getting us into Europe.
He might keep us up though. This clown won’t.
Without an Arab funding us our European days are gone hun x

Re-shuffle on 13:30 - May 25 with 1939 viewsSonicBoom

Ralph seems to have many blind spots.
He thinks Redmond can play upfront for example. The coaches are also a blindspot. I think he likes being unchallenged whereas any good manager in any business surrounds himself with people that challenge them and have complimentary skills. The desire to make all the decisions yourself is a weakness.

I take issue with Nick saying don't slag him off without offering an alternative. We are fans, we don't have to do that. The club constantly monitor managers and players across Europe. Of course they are aware of potential managers that we've never heard of. It's their full time job.
Re-shuffle on 14:22 - May 25 with 1873 viewssaints__fan__73

Re-shuffle on 13:26 - May 25 by saintwizzler

There’s more chance of you going to an away game than Dyche getting us into Europe.
He might keep us up though. This clown won’t.
Without an Arab funding us our European days are gone hun x

He's kept us up with zero investment for four years so why are you so certain he won't next season?

I'm loving your logic Wizbit! You think a bloke who just got a team relegated is more likely to keep us up than a manager who has kept us up for 4 seasons!

I went to an away game this season thanks sweetcheeks! Corporate hospitality at the Emirates. The food was great! xxx

Re-shuffle on 14:53 - May 25 with 1836 viewsElijahK

Re-shuffle on 10:28 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

We’re 14th in the wages table for PL teams at the start of this season, with our top 10 having the likes of McCarthy, Forster, Djenpo, Walcott, S Armstrong, Long, Romeu, Redmond, Elynousie and Lyanco. As if you remove the ones that we all want gone (like Djenpo, Long, Forster and Walcott) then we’d be 18th with only Burnley and Brentford having a lower wage bill than us.

The fact is that until we start actually paying the wages that players want (which is supposedly why we ain’t getting that Hull winger and probably no Johnstone or Pope) then we won’t ever be finishing much higher than just avoiding relegation. As the fact that we finish in like the bottom 5 every season for NET spend, money spent, wages etc just sums up of how we’re not getting anywhere until some investment comes in, irrelevant of who the coaches/managers are.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Re-shuffle on 15:10 - May 25 with 1812 viewsPatfromPoole

Re-shuffle on 14:53 - May 25 by ElijahK

We’re 14th in the wages table for PL teams at the start of this season, with our top 10 having the likes of McCarthy, Forster, Djenpo, Walcott, S Armstrong, Long, Romeu, Redmond, Elynousie and Lyanco. As if you remove the ones that we all want gone (like Djenpo, Long, Forster and Walcott) then we’d be 18th with only Burnley and Brentford having a lower wage bill than us.

The fact is that until we start actually paying the wages that players want (which is supposedly why we ain’t getting that Hull winger and probably no Johnstone or Pope) then we won’t ever be finishing much higher than just avoiding relegation. As the fact that we finish in like the bottom 5 every season for NET spend, money spent, wages etc just sums up of how we’re not getting anywhere until some investment comes in, irrelevant of who the coaches/managers are.

Are Sport Republic not going to invest then?

Same meat, different gravy?

Re-shuffle on 15:13 - May 25 with 1808 viewssaints__fan__73

Re-shuffle on 15:10 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

Of course they're not. That was said at the time and Ralph pretty much repeated this after the Leicester game.

No money from the owners, we can only spend what the club generates itself.

Re-shuffle on 15:27 - May 25 with 1795 viewsElijahK

Re-shuffle on 15:10 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

I think they may give a little bit, but not much, no. And even then I wouldn’t be gobsmacked if they spent nothing.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Re-shuffle on 15:57 - May 25 with 1752 viewssledger

ralph loves having w*nkers for his coaches,they get the blame when things go t*ts up and when they go well its down to him despite having no backroom team,the facts here as i see them are that he has lost all respect from the dressing room and if he is here next year this run will continue and we all know where that will take us
Re-shuffle on 15:58 - May 25 with 1748 viewssaintwizzler

Re-shuffle on 14:22 - May 25 by saints__fan__73

He's kept us up with zero investment for four years so why are you so certain he won't next season?

I'm loving your logic Wizbit! You think a bloke who just got a team relegated is more likely to keep us up than a manager who has kept us up for 4 seasons!

I went to an away game this season thanks sweetcheeks! Corporate hospitality at the Emirates. The food was great! xxx

Dyche wasn’t the manager when Burnley got relegated sunshine.

Corporate Hospitality, pathetic. 🙄

Emirates?

Time to put you back on ignore bwana.
[Post edited 25 May 2022 16:13]

Re-shuffle on 16:15 - May 25 with 1719 viewssaints__fan__73

Re-shuffle on 15:58 - May 25 by saintwizzler

Dyche wasn’t the manager when Burnley got relegated sunshine.

Corporate Hospitality, pathetic. 🙄

Emirates?

Time to put you back on ignore bwana.
[Post edited 25 May 2022 16:13]

Bwana?

Indeed he wasn't. The manager who took over from him did far better than he did but still couldn't keep them up!

I imagine he ticks a lot of your boxes though as he's British lol!

Re-shuffle on 17:17 - May 25 with 1621 viewsDorsetIan

If the new owners are reviewing the whole operation and whether to ditch the entire backroom staff, then Ralph's position will also be still in the air.

Imo when they've scratched their heads for long enough they'll eventually realise that it's time for a change of manager.

Let's face it, football is not a science. When a team is doing badly, who can really tell whether it's down to the players, coaches or manager and/or lack of talent/lack of effort or just a general functional breakdown? So the possibility that the manager is at least part of the problem is always going to be there.

I have seen enough to know that Ralph lacks something in the team selection/tactics department. I think the new owners will be able to see that better than me.

And when they realise the extent of the other changes that are needed, I don't think they are going to risk their new project by sticking with someone who might be fundamentally flawed.

Football is also simple. Managers have a shelf-life, and they also get sacked when they've been consistently sh!t.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Re-shuffle on 18:17 - May 25 with 1526 viewskernow

Trying to inject a bit of positivity and look forlornly for the least worse.
We've had some shit managers but Hassenhuttel isn't the shittest. That's all I can say about that.
The players have been under performing that's obvious but how much that is down to the manager I don't know.
If I were the owner I would be asking what the team manager intends to do about these extensive, perennial dips in results and performances, with an itchy trigger finger.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024