Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taxi for Boris 06:09 - Jun 24 with 15561 viewsPatfromPoole

The end would appear to be nigh……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Taxi for Boris on 12:29 - Jul 8 with 1337 viewsJaySaint

Taxi for Boris on 11:36 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

Did Blair start the Iraq war on his own?
There are those who say that by appeasing Hitler Chamberlain bought us time to arm as we were not in a position to go to war with Hitler at the time.
Who murdered millions in the colonies? Was that down to a PM?
The Irish situation is and has always been extremely complex.
Most PMs have a list of good and bad during their tenures. You won’t find many who have behaved as badly as Johnson has in his short stint in no 10 going back as long as you like.

you are a bit strange. He seems to be living in your head rent-free.

How long till your hatred starts on his successor?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Taxi for Boris on 12:57 - Jul 8 with 1322 viewsJellybaby

Taxi for Boris on 11:58 - Jul 8 by Southamptonfan

Boris behaved badly like a naughty school kid. He did himself in with his stupid f@cking parties and lies that everyone knew was f@cking lies. But that's about all there is to it. The pandemic destroyed his time in office. It wasn't his bag. If f@ckibg covid didn't happen, he would have invested more, made Brexit work blah blah blah. And having a few drinks wouldn't have been such a f@ck up. He would have been liked for being a normal bloke who likes a drink. He got a deal for Brexit, got a huge majority and could have been good for the country. In the end he f@cked himself over. If we want someone boring who who does everything by the book, Javid is probably the best one. Will they get anything f@cking done, or just follow a rule book that nobody voted for?

The state of f@ckinh politics is pathetic. I wouldn't vote for Boris but I know some people who still would. But they won't get their say. Higher powers have decided. No democracy, just a rule book that nobody knows wrote it, saying how we should be. Whoever gets in power in the next election, they will just follow the rules book from the unknown author and the courts will decide everything anyway, so I'm voting Monster Loony party.

Exactly. Domestic politics has become nothing short of theatre for the plebs. No wonder Boris seemed so buoyant, he can claim his millions now while not being a puppet to the powers that be.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Taxi for Boris on 13:24 - Jul 8 with 1285 viewsBazza

Taxi for Boris on 12:57 - Jul 8 by Jellybaby

Exactly. Domestic politics has become nothing short of theatre for the plebs. No wonder Boris seemed so buoyant, he can claim his millions now while not being a puppet to the powers that be.

Back to the mysterious ‘powers that be’ eh Jelly, whenever logic deserts you.
Taxi for Boris on 13:26 - Jul 8 with 1292 viewsChesham_Saint

Taxi for Boris on 10:15 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

Yes, easily. You make it sound like we were the only country to get involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. We were part of a coalition that invaded Iraq which included a number of other countries too. If you are going to pint the finger at Blair you also have to point it at the other coalition leaders too.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 10:28]

Firstly, although Boris has been a naughty boy at best, these transgressions would be but the norm for say, a French President. But let's assume he deserves to be fired (and I'm not saying he doesn't). However, you're willing to overlook

1. Blair and his made up WMD thereby conning the HoC into voting for a war.
2. Alastair Campbell's horrendous bending of the truth (at best)
3. The complete fvck up of an open door policy which anticipated 50k east European migrants when in fact ten times that number came. No matter how nice they were they distorted the social fabric to the extent that we ended up leaving the EU
4. His chancellor's ineptitude in destroying what was one of the best pension scheme structures in the world.
5. His even more crass sale of our gold reserves at rock bottom prices.
6. The private public initiatives that have left so many NHS trusts in hoc for decades.

The list goes on but of course pales into insignificance compared to Boris being a a prat and not being honest.

I put it to you Soggsy, that if Blair had worn a blue rosette and Boris a red one you'd not be quite so keen to brand him the worst PM In history.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Taxi for Boris on 13:32 - Jul 8 with 1274 viewsSouthamptonfan

Taxi for Boris on 12:57 - Jul 8 by Jellybaby

Boris will write a book and make f@cking millions, like Blair did. May had integrity but didn't have a majority. She could have been a good PM but her policies were voted down by the house, who all couldn't agree on what the people voted for. We go round and round in f@cking circles. The next election we'll get a f@cking hung parliament Labour, Lib Dem with an agreement back into the single market, despite Starmer saying it won't happen. It's f@cking hopeless.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Taxi for Boris on 13:54 - Jul 8 with 1256 viewsDorsetIan

Taxi for Boris on 13:26 - Jul 8 by Chesham_Saint

Firstly, although Boris has been a naughty boy at best, these transgressions would be but the norm for say, a French President. But let's assume he deserves to be fired (and I'm not saying he doesn't). However, you're willing to overlook

3. The complete fvck up of an open door policy which anticipated 50k east European migrants when in fact ten times that number came. No matter how nice they were they distorted the social fabric to the extent that we ended up leaving the EU
4. His chancellor's ineptitude in destroying what was one of the best pension scheme structures in the world.
6. The private public initiatives that have left so many NHS trusts in hoc for decades.

The list goes on but of course pales into insignificance compared to Boris being a a prat and not being honest.

I put it to you Soggsy, that if Blair had worn a blue rosette and Boris a red one you'd not be quite so keen to brand him the worst PM In history.

You're pretty partial in your Blair summary.

The years of 1997 - 2010, were a time of huge social change, economic growth and significant investment in the NHS and Education. They didn't feel like years of stagnation. They were welcome years after the doldrums of the last years of the Tories' 17 year grind.

The years since 2010 has seen this country stagnant and distracted by the pet projects of a minority of right-wingers. The other PMs could maybe blame their tiny majorities for not being able to achieve anything. Boris can't. He was incompetent and anyone who ever worked with him said so in advance.

I hope Zahawi gets the gig. He was the vaccines minister and he doesn't seem like a shifty sh!t or complete weirdo like half the rest of them. Those two things should see him home.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Taxi for Boris on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 1216 viewsSadoldgit

Taxi for Boris on 13:26 - Jul 8 by Chesham_Saint

A naughty boy? You make him sound like Monty Putin’s Brian! I never voted for Blair and am not ignoring anything but you have ignored the positive things that happened during his period as PM of which there were many. He won three elections. Johnson didn’t even managed to see out one term. The bloke is useless. He is a congenital liar. If he had been in any other job he would have been fired for incompetence and corruption months ago. It has nothing to do with political parties. I voted for neither. I used to vote LibDem but they lost my vote when Clegg handed power to Cameron so I don’t have any party ties. Experienced political commentators have referred to Johnson as being the worst PM in living memory. It isn’t just the lies. He surrounded himself with incompetent sycophants who wouldn’t get a job in any other government. Between them they have consistently fu cked up. History will not be kind to Blair and his support for the US in the Middle East. I think history will be even more critical of Johnson’s short reign as PM. The man is Trump with a classical education. Whatever you think of Blair, he won as many elections as Thatcher.
Taxi for Boris on 15:26 - Jul 8 with 1193 viewsJellybaby

Taxi for Boris on 13:24 - Jul 8 by Bazza

Back to the mysterious ‘powers that be’ eh Jelly, whenever logic deserts you.

Powers that be, global elites, predator class, call them what you like, they are the super rich that keep us in debt and going round that hamster wheel, while they swan around in private jets, but if you want to support them then your choice. It's not even that mysterious these days' with Bill Gates being the second biggest contributor to the WHO after USA - see link; and Klaus Shwarb writing about the Great reset.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/who-funds-world-health-organization-un-co

We can choose to ignore global tyranny or expose it.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

Taxi for Boris on 15:30 - Jul 8 with 1189 viewsChesham_Saint

Taxi for Boris on 14:43 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

A naughty boy? You make him sound like Monty Putin’s Brian! I never voted for Blair and am not ignoring anything but you have ignored the positive things that happened during his period as PM of which there were many. He won three elections. Johnson didn’t even managed to see out one term. The bloke is useless. He is a congenital liar. If he had been in any other job he would have been fired for incompetence and corruption months ago. It has nothing to do with political parties. I voted for neither. I used to vote LibDem but they lost my vote when Clegg handed power to Cameron so I don’t have any party ties. Experienced political commentators have referred to Johnson as being the worst PM in living memory. It isn’t just the lies. He surrounded himself with incompetent sycophants who wouldn’t get a job in any other government. Between them they have consistently fu cked up. History will not be kind to Blair and his support for the US in the Middle East. I think history will be even more critical of Johnson’s short reign as PM. The man is Trump with a classical education. Whatever you think of Blair, he won as many elections as Thatcher.

And yet it says it all when you voted for that IRA apologist Corbyn...

Taxi for Boris on 15:54 - Jul 8 with 1159 viewsBridders2

Taxi for Boris on 10:15 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

Yes, easily. You make it sound like we were the only country to get involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. We were part of a coalition that invaded Iraq which included a number of other countries too. If you are going to pint the finger at Blair you also have to point it at the other coalition leaders too.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 10:28]

France didn't go to war, they could see through the paper thin evidence Bush and his poodle Blair had concocted.
Taxi for Boris on 17:09 - Jul 8 with 1111 viewsSadoldgit

Taxi for Boris on 15:30 - Jul 8 by Chesham_Saint

And yet it says it all when you voted for that IRA apologist Corbyn...

Where did he apologise for the IRA? He was trying to work for a peaceful settlement, something that Blair actually achieved. Something that Johnson’s lies and half baked Brexit plan has put at risk.
Taxi for Boris on 17:15 - Jul 8 with 1106 viewsSadoldgit

Taxi for Boris on 15:54 - Jul 8 by Bridders2

France didn't go to war, they could see through the paper thin evidence Bush and his poodle Blair had concocted.

There were multiple countries in the coalition including Australia, Japan and Italy. We can carry on prentending it was all about Blair if you like though. I didn’t agree with the war then, I don’t agree with it now. I am not going to pretend that I am not glad to see the back of Saddam Hussien though.
Taxi for Boris on 17:30 - Jul 8 with 1103 viewsBridders2

Taxi for Boris on 17:09 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

Where did he apologise for the IRA? He was trying to work for a peaceful settlement, something that Blair actually achieved. Something that Johnson’s lies and half baked Brexit plan has put at risk.

Millions of life long Labour voters couldn't vote for Corbyn, but Soggy did, that tells you something about his judgement.
Taxi for Boris on 18:53 - Jul 8 with 1053 viewsgrumpy

Taxi for Boris on 17:30 - Jul 8 by Bridders2

Millions of life long Labour voters couldn't vote for Corbyn, but Soggy did, that tells you something about his judgement.

The judgement that put Boris in No 10 wasn't that clever .
Taxi for Boris on 18:58 - Jul 8 with 1046 viewsSadoldgit

Taxi for Boris on 17:30 - Jul 8 by Bridders2

I voted for Labour to try and keep Johnson out of no 10. Tells you something about my judgement and all those who thought it was a good idea to vote for him.
Taxi for Boris on 19:13 - Jul 8 with 1042 viewsChesham_Saint

Taxi for Boris on 18:58 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

I voted for Labour to try and keep Johnson out of no 10. Tells you something about my judgement and all those who thought it was a good idea to vote for him.

Whereas Corbyn? He’s the good guy, right? Hammas supporting bastard that he is.

Taxi for Boris on 21:25 - Jul 8 with 982 viewsBazza

Taxi for Boris on 18:58 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

Yeah good story but you are an ardent remainer?
Taxi for Boris on 07:10 - Jul 9 with 887 viewscocklebreath

Taxi for Boris on 19:13 - Jul 8 by Chesham_Saint

Whereas Corbyn? He’s the good guy, right? Hammas supporting bastard that he is.

Why are you bringing up Corbyn every time soggy mentions Boris? Can we not agree Boris is a plank and an embarrassment to the nation.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Taxi for Boris on 07:46 - Jul 9 with 868 viewskernow

Yeah but no but Corblairn is was coulda been ten times worse innit.
Taxi for Boris on 08:34 - Jul 9 with 837 viewsChesham_Saint

Taxi for Boris on 07:10 - Jul 9 by cocklebreath

Why are you bringing up Corbyn every time soggy mentions Boris? Can we not agree Boris is a plank and an embarrassment to the nation.

Merely because corbyn was the other choice at the election (and the one Soggsy picked) so a reasonable comparator?

Taxi for Boris on 10:56 - Jul 9 with 789 viewsSouthamptonfan

The Tories have a plan. First black, female PM, who is decent, all for equality and tells the truth. People will think the Tories really have changed if she gets PM. F@cking genius. She has stormed to the favourites with the bookies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62103360

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Taxi for Boris on 11:33 - Jul 9 with 771 viewsSadoldgit

Taxi for Boris on 07:10 - Jul 9 by cocklebreath

Precisely. It is what they do to defend him. We don’t know what Corbyn would have been like as PM but the assumption that he would have been worse than Johnson is a stretch. The issue here is Johnson, not Corbyn. I don’t have a problem with people who work for peace or the downtrodden. We all wanted to see the end of the “Troubles” and who doesn’t want to see the Palestinian/Israeli conflict ended? We support Ukraine against its aggressors. Many support the Palestianianscagainst their aggressors. It is just the usual Daily Mail rubbish peddled to keep the Tories in power.
This isn’t about Party politics. It has gone way further than that. Johnson is the same as Trump. Trump was in it for Trump. Johnson is in it for Johnson. He was a terrible PM. He is incompetent. He needs to be shipped out now. When you see the names of “Corbyn” and “Diane Abbott” wheeled out you know that people have lost the argument. The Mail will go after Starmer now with all guns blazing. Anything to deflect from the Johnson debacle. The circus needs to end and we need to get back to talking about proper politics, not personality cults.
Taxi for Boris on 11:42 - Jul 9 with 765 viewsBazza

Taxi for Boris on 11:33 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

Precisely. It is what they do to defend him. We don’t know what Corbyn would have been like as PM but the assumption that he would have been worse than Johnson is a stretch. The issue here is Johnson, not Corbyn. I don’t have a problem with people who work for peace or the downtrodden. We all wanted to see the end of the “Troubles” and who doesn’t want to see the Palestinian/Israeli conflict ended? We support Ukraine against its aggressors. Many support the Palestianianscagainst their aggressors. It is just the usual Daily Mail rubbish peddled to keep the Tories in power.
This isn’t about Party politics. It has gone way further than that. Johnson is the same as Trump. Trump was in it for Trump. Johnson is in it for Johnson. He was a terrible PM. He is incompetent. He needs to be shipped out now. When you see the names of “Corbyn” and “Diane Abbott” wheeled out you know that people have lost the argument. The Mail will go after Starmer now with all guns blazing. Anything to deflect from the Johnson debacle. The circus needs to end and we need to get back to talking about proper politics, not personality cults.

You say 'Johnson is the same as Trump' nonsense, then perversely 'we need to get back to talking about proper politics, not personality cults' .

That will be like a breath of fresh air from you and your left wing buddies. Fantastic, when are you going to start?
Taxi for Boris on 11:49 - Jul 9 with 764 viewsJellybaby

Taxi for Boris on 11:33 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

Your left wing bias clouds your character judgement Sogs. Boris and Trump were both bufoons but neither went to war, so don't have blood on their hands like others do. Trump was a womaniser, but never went to Epstein Island 26 times like Bill Clinton did. I don't particularly care for left or right, but we should be honest in calling out wrongdoing regardless of political leanings.

Taxi for Boris on 11:50 - Jul 9 with 763 viewscocklebreath

Taxi for Boris on 11:49 - Jul 9 by Jellybaby

Your left wing bias clouds your character judgement Sogs. Boris and Trump were both bufoons but neither went to war, so don't have blood on their hands like others do. Trump was a womaniser, but never went to Epstein Island 26 times like Bill Clinton did. I don't particularly care for left or right, but we should be honest in calling out wrongdoing regardless of political leanings.

Trump certainly has blood on his hands

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024