Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damage limitation 16:30 - Aug 6 with 6268 viewssaint68

Tomorrow...Sack the Clown

Monday...buy a combative vocal central defender and a proper striker...season saved by these 3 simple acts.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Damage limitation on 10:37 - Aug 7 with 1581 viewsPatfromPoole

Damage limitation on 10:19 - Aug 7 by pjt50

Don't think it's ever a good idea for managers to slag off individual players in public.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/hasenhuttl-salisu-ow

It was harsh for Ralph to heap the blame on KWP for the equaliser. He could have done better but it was a difficult ball to defend & he was always going to get out-muscled by Sessegnon at the far post. The real problem was the time & space that Kulusevski had to pinpoint the cross. That came about because Djenepo isn't a defender.

I guess he'll stick with the same formation next week. It already has the makings of a crucial game.

Yup, I have just said similar on A1079’s thread.

Hassenhutl is morphing into Redknapp in 2005.

This will not end well if allowed to continue.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Damage limitation on 10:56 - Aug 7 with 1543 viewsRon11

Damage limitation on 10:19 - Aug 7 by pjt50

Don't think it's ever a good idea for managers to slag off individual players in public.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/hasenhuttl-salisu-ow

It was harsh for Ralph to heap the blame on KWP for the equaliser. He could have done better but it was a difficult ball to defend & he was always going to get out-muscled by Sessegnon at the far post. The real problem was the time & space that Kulusevski had to pinpoint the cross. That came about because Djenepo isn't a defender.

I guess he'll stick with the same formation next week. It already has the makings of a crucial game.

Harsh?
FFS Kyle Walker Peters is one of our best players and he chooses to knock him.
It's no wonder half the team look disinterested.
Damage limitation on 11:57 - Aug 7 with 1449 viewsdirk_doone

Damage limitation on 10:56 - Aug 7 by Ron11

Harsh?
FFS Kyle Walker Peters is one of our best players and he chooses to knock him.
It's no wonder half the team look disinterested.

Sadly, after every defeat, Ralph blames players and never admits any reponsibility for it himself. Also, his selection of worse players, like Adam Armstrong ahead of better ones, like Che Adams, alienates the better players, just as it did when he favoured McCarthy over Forster. I can see Che Adams following Forster out of the door when it should be Adam Armstrong following McCarthy.

To cap it all, his tactics are awful. When you have three poor central defenders and two decent full-backs, you don't play 3 at the back. We need Perraud to shore up our defence, not Djenepo dribbling down the wing.

Recruiting a bunch of youngsters for their potential sell-on value in the future, rather than the striker and central defender we urgently need in our first team now, may be down to the owners rather than Ralph so I won't blame him for that.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Damage limitation on 12:00 - Aug 7 with 1438 viewsBicester_North

Damage limitation on 09:30 - Aug 7 by SonicBoom

How does Salisu get a free pass? If Stephens had scored that own goal yesterday he would have been slaughtered.
Salisbury looks rash and impetuous to me and hasnt improved much since he got here.

That’s another problem, the non improvement or regression of players, the coaching must be sub standard. Broja and Livramento both looked fantastic early doors and went backwards

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Damage limitation on 12:38 - Aug 7 with 1386 viewsgrumpy

Most Saints fans didn't expect to get anything from Spurs, they have class players and a strong home record, but its the manner in which we lose these games that's so depressing.
How many times do we take a lead only to surrender it a short time later.
Ralphs team selection, tactics and substitutions leave a lot to be desired.
His team don't seem up for the fight and its a fight they will be into, because I cant see too many weaker squads in the Premiership.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 12:38]
Damage limitation on 17:49 - Aug 7 with 1291 viewssledger

its true we probably didnt expect much against spurs but the worrying thing was they never got out of ist gear,didnt have to cause we were shocking and the fact that 4-1 could have been loads worst.
Damage limitation on 19:05 - Aug 7 with 1266 viewsdarthvader

Damage limitation on 17:49 - Aug 7 by sledger

its true we probably didnt expect much against spurs but the worrying thing was they never got out of ist gear,didnt have to cause we were shocking and the fact that 4-1 could have been loads worst.

Ironicly we could have been two up before they scored. A lot of the games we lost or drew last season were down to fine margins, this one wasn't . We were woeful and letting them cross after cross why weren't we closing them down. ?

I'd love to speak to ralph and point out a few things that everyone but him can see.

God help us if we start with the same lot next week. Leeds will tear us a new one .

keep the faith coyr

Damage limitation on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 1243 viewsPatfromPoole

Damage limitation on 19:05 - Aug 7 by darthvader

Ironicly we could have been two up before they scored. A lot of the games we lost or drew last season were down to fine margins, this one wasn't . We were woeful and letting them cross after cross why weren't we closing them down. ?

I'd love to speak to ralph and point out a few things that everyone but him can see.

God help us if we start with the same lot next week. Leeds will tear us a new one .

The 3-5-2 formation does leave you vulnerable on the wings.

Needs two high-class full-backs. KWP and Perraud would do it.

It seems to me that we have gone to this formation as a way of accommodating both Lavia and Romeu in the side, but I don’t think pushing Romeu further forward is his natural game.

Unless we change JWP’s role in the team, we may need to revert to a 4-4-2 and it could be that we see rather less of Oriol.

Login to get fewer ads

Damage limitation on 19:23 - Aug 7 with 1236 viewsmancuniansaint

Damage limitation on 17:28 - Aug 6 by Foreverred

Why experiment with djenepo and Valery in defence. Djenepo fine going forward, but he is no defender, and valery was very poor. You have to start with your strongest side surely Perraud had to start the game, it’s seems Ralph likes to tinker with the side with players who could not get into the side last season. I know we have lynaco and Bella Kottcha in the squad, but it seems it’s going to be a long season again if today showing is any thing to go by, well it’s early days and we can only
Live in hope things can only get better, but don’t count on it with the Austrian tactician at the helm.🤞🤞

I can't remember Perraud having a really bad game in all the time he's been with us. As a left back, he may not be the world's greatest, but as a defender he is consistently reliable. And contrary to what Nick thinks, I believe he's also quite good in the wing back role. So why play Djenepo there when his skills would be better utilised elsewhere? For me, this is Ralph's worst fault - repeatedly playing people out of position.
Damage limitation on 19:31 - Aug 7 with 1210 viewsMytchettSaint

Damage limitation on 19:23 - Aug 7 by mancuniansaint

I can't remember Perraud having a really bad game in all the time he's been with us. As a left back, he may not be the world's greatest, but as a defender he is consistently reliable. And contrary to what Nick thinks, I believe he's also quite good in the wing back role. So why play Djenepo there when his skills would be better utilised elsewhere? For me, this is Ralph's worst fault - repeatedly playing people out of position.

Apparently he’s been injured and isn’t match fit enough to start. Even considering this, Djnepo isn’t good enough to be anywhere near the first team. I thought we were looking to move him on over the summer but he’s still with us stealing a living.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Damage limitation on 19:31 - Aug 7 with 1207 viewsPatfromPoole

Damage limitation on 19:23 - Aug 7 by mancuniansaint

Yeah, Perraud is our best LB by a mile.

Really like him. Think he needs his own song…..

Not sure he was 100% fit though.

Damage limitation on 19:38 - Aug 7 with 1192 viewsMrangry25

Damage limitation on 19:31 - Aug 7 by MytchettSaint

Apparently he’s been injured and isn’t match fit enough to start. Even considering this, Djnepo isn’t good enough to be anywhere near the first team. I thought we were looking to move him on over the summer but he’s still with us stealing a living.

Along with Bednarek, Valery, Redmond, A Armstrong A McCarthy
Damage limitation on 20:21 - Aug 7 with 1169 viewsElijahK

Damage limitation on 09:30 - Aug 7 by SonicBoom

How does Salisu get a free pass? If Stephens had scored that own goal yesterday he would have been slaughtered.
Salisbury looks rash and impetuous to me and hasnt improved much since he got here.

No your right, as it will be the same with Bazunu and Maura as even if they have poor games that they make lots of mistakes in, they won’t get hammered anywhere near as much if McCarthy or Redmond would. But that’s simply due to the fact that many people just have set minds on many players and will always praise/criticise them no matter how good/poor they may have been.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Damage limitation on 20:34 - Aug 7 with 1144 viewsI_would

Damage limitation on 20:21 - Aug 7 by ElijahK

No your right, as it will be the same with Bazunu and Maura as even if they have poor games that they make lots of mistakes in, they won’t get hammered anywhere near as much if McCarthy or Redmond would. But that’s simply due to the fact that many people just have set minds on many players and will always praise/criticise them no matter how good/poor they may have been.

Same as the reason why people still rate Prowse and Romeu even though they are talent-less sloths and don't do much, except for empty the midfield.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Damage limitation on 21:10 - Aug 7 with 1100 viewsElijahK

Damage limitation on 20:34 - Aug 7 by I_would

Same as the reason why people still rate Prowse and Romeu even though they are talent-less sloths and don't do much, except for empty the midfield.

Your right that even our better players also get away with a lot, as I remember when we played Chelsea at home last season, it’s gotta be the worst I’ve seen Prowse play in a long time, yet he got very little criticism for it, whilst if it had been Redmond, he’d of been out to hang for that performance. And it’s the same for Forster, as soo many times he messed up and somehow got no blame, whilst McCarthy would not manage to save a decent goal that only the very best world class keeper can save, and still somehow get stick for it.
As many people have set minds on players both for the positives and negatives (you being a prime example of someone who’s always negative towards Prowse no matter how good he is, even when he scored the most away goals of any player last season after Salah (although Salah is a forward whilst Prowse is a midfielder!))

Damage limitation on 22:16 - Aug 7 with 1022 viewsDorsetIan

Damage limitation on 19:31 - Aug 7 by MytchettSaint

He’s played in the Premier League 58 times for Saints.

3 goals. 2 first season. 1 second. None last year.

58 times and, I’d say, no discernible improvement in all that time.

It’s unbelievable and still it goes on. All you need to know about Ralph as a manager that he’s still picking him.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Damage limitation on 22:51 - Aug 7 with 993 viewsElijahK

Damage limitation on 22:16 - Aug 7 by DorsetIan

He’s played in the Premier League 58 times for Saints.

3 goals. 2 first season. 1 second. None last year.

58 times and, I’d say, no discernible improvement in all that time.

It’s unbelievable and still it goes on. All you need to know about Ralph as a manager that he’s still picking him.

He got played there as we had no one else to play there (as they were all injured/not fully fit yet) and he’d actually had a pretty impressive pre season.

Anyone who’d seen the pre season games and kept up to date with the squad availability and such would all this, yet it seems like many fans seem to overlook all of this and seem to think that we’ve got Chilwell or Shaw on the bench instead

Damage limitation on 03:26 - Aug 8 with 938 viewssaint22

And two of those should have been done already, again another poor pre season
Ralph has 5 games in my book
No manager does not have a settled defensive unit, it’s page fkn one and we have spent season upon season dicking around with personnel and formations and you just know the next game will see a different set up again
Not to mention lacking quality and playing weak poor players out of position too
It’s quite staggering we are still discussing the same faults
Damage limitation on 06:48 - Aug 8 with 886 viewssaintwizzler

Damage limitation on 22:51 - Aug 7 by ElijahK

He got played there as we had no one else to play there (as they were all injured/not fully fit yet) and he’d actually had a pretty impressive pre season.

Anyone who’d seen the pre season games and kept up to date with the squad availability and such would all this, yet it seems like many fans seem to overlook all of this and seem to think that we’ve got Chilwell or Shaw on the bench instead

Pre season means absolutely zero.
It is for building match fitness.

Djenepo at LWB and Valery at CB was a total mistake.

Been better playing Salisu at LB and another CB alongside Bednarek.
One of Lyanco, Kotchap, Stephens.
If Perraud is not fit then why name him in the squad and put him on late on?

Again Hassenhüttl doing strange things.

We have bought mediocre in the position that is desperate for improvement, Central Defence.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Damage limitation on 08:31 - Aug 8 with 820 viewsDorsetIan

Damage limitation on 06:48 - Aug 8 by saintwizzler

Pre season means absolutely zero.
It is for building match fitness.

Djenepo at LWB and Valery at CB was a total mistake.

Been better playing Salisu at LB and another CB alongside Bednarek.
One of Lyanco, Kotchap, Stephens.
If Perraud is not fit then why name him in the squad and put him on late on?

Again Hassenhüttl doing strange things.

We have bought mediocre in the position that is desperate for improvement, Central Defence.

KWP played many times at LB last season and well.

Could have plated JWP at RB, or even Valery, if you are going to have him in the team, has played there before.

Spurs are simply too good an attacking force to include a complete debutant, who has shown his frailties many times, at LB.

It is the same old story of Ralph trying to being far too clever and coming a complete cropper.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Damage limitation on 10:09 - Aug 8 with 771 viewsBerber

Damage limitation on 20:21 - Aug 7 by ElijahK

It is no surprise that players who consistently under deliver, game after game, season after season get the stick they deserve. I admire your optimism, but do not rate your judgement.
Damage limitation on 12:53 - Aug 8 with 698 viewsI_would

Damage limitation on 21:10 - Aug 7 by ElijahK

Your right that even our better players also get away with a lot, as I remember when we played Chelsea at home last season, it’s gotta be the worst I’ve seen Prowse play in a long time, yet he got very little criticism for it, whilst if it had been Redmond, he’d of been out to hang for that performance. And it’s the same for Forster, as soo many times he messed up and somehow got no blame, whilst McCarthy would not manage to save a decent goal that only the very best world class keeper can save, and still somehow get stick for it.
As many people have set minds on players both for the positives and negatives (you being a prime example of someone who’s always negative towards Prowse no matter how good he is, even when he scored the most away goals of any player last season after Salah (although Salah is a forward whilst Prowse is a midfielder!))

I'd be quite happy if Prowse put his corners on a sixpence and got a few Beckham type crosses in from the right wing and altered the results but he doesn't want the ball! Romeu tries but doesn't succeed and is long overdue to be replaced.

The best teams build a lot of attacks from midfield and we have a void there, everything goes up the wing but rarely gets crossed and we haven't got a big fella in front of goal to take advantage anyway. All our headers come from CB's. We're all over the place and need a new manager pronto before we're mathematically relegated.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024