Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book 16:19 - Aug 9 with 2260 viewsSouthamptonfan

Hope they will be enforcing these over the top rules with the 3000 rowdy Leeds fans on Saturday. The idiot authorities are heading for big trouble if they start dragging home fans down the steps for standing or using the word sissy, with Leeds fans abusing us and we just have to sit there f@cking taking it.

Stand up if you love the Saints will be the response. The fans will fight back against all this authority at a football ground. The fans in the Northam arn't going to just sit there and watch fans being dragged down the steps just for standing or using an offensive word towards a load of Leeds mob.

It will affect the atmosphere. It will be like a library, even more than it already is. I don't pay hundreds of pounds to sit in a prison. And on the pitch, we are useless too. This is the last season ticket I am getting.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 16:58]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 2195 viewsBLEEDRED

But the new rules do not apply to away fans. Anyone in blocks 1and 2 will be a season ticket holder, so easily identified, so will the young lads just move over to blocks 3/4 or over to the Notham? (or just stop coming!!)
What will the club do about drunken abuse coming from the boxes?
Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 17:07 - Aug 9 with 2143 viewsPatfromPoole

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 16:41 - Aug 9 by BLEEDRED

But the new rules do not apply to away fans. Anyone in blocks 1and 2 will be a season ticket holder, so easily identified, so will the young lads just move over to blocks 3/4 or over to the Notham? (or just stop coming!!)

In my case, I will stop going.

Not interested in sitting in block 3 or going anywhere else.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 17:12 - Aug 9 with 2131 viewsSaintsforeverj

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 16:41 - Aug 9 by BLEEDRED

They won't do anything about the 1000 pound a match payers in the boxes. They pay good money. They also will ignore 3000 Leeds, scousers, Mancs because, they are only there for one game and they are too scared to start throwing them out.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 17:48 - Aug 9 with 2084 viewscocklebreath

It really is pitiful what the game is being turned into , my lad is never going to experience a proper atmosphere. I don’t understand why this is the only country in the world that thinks having no noise is a good thing, is it a hangover from the 70’s and 80’s? Just weird

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 18:15 - Aug 9 with 2054 viewsBicester_North

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 17:48 - Aug 9 by cocklebreath

It really is pitiful what the game is being turned into , my lad is never going to experience a proper atmosphere. I don’t understand why this is the only country in the world that thinks having no noise is a good thing, is it a hangover from the 70’s and 80’s? Just weird

If we get relegated he might

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 18:18 - Aug 9 with 2049 viewssaint68

Wow...absolutely pathetic.

The game is dead!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 18:30 - Aug 9 with 2040 viewsChesham_Saint

20-30 years ago there was some racism at Saints matches, not a lot, but some. Not now. Is there any anti gay abuse in the stadium? I think Toffs has said some, but I do believe that’s a small minority.

If I’m ever told I can’t call a portsMouth player or fan a skate w anker then I will pack up and go home. I would never abuse someone for being gay or black or old, but I will abuse a fish fondling skate fvckwit. Boo hoo if I upset them a liddle bit. They’re just as likely to call me a scummer bastard. And guess what? Shock horror, I couldn’t give a fvck.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 20:30 - Aug 9 with 1964 viewsElijahK

It’s just pathetic, as yeah maybe certain things should change, but the whole point of the football was to go out, have a good time and wind up the oppositions fans just like they will to you.

But this sport is just becoming pathetic now, with the corruption of Qatar, the same teams always finishing in roughly the same position, all the atmospheres dying out at so many grounds, and all the best players always joking the big teams just for the money, this sport is becoming into more of a corporation/business rather than a sport.

As it’s only a matter of time until this super league will be made, and you won’t be even allowed to sing or shout at football games anymore, with the teams getting the World Cup not even being into football, but simply paying the most money.

I sure do worry and wonder about where the game that we all love is heading for!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 21:23 - Aug 9 with 1894 viewsChesham_Saint

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 20:30 - Aug 9 by ElijahK

It’s just pathetic, as yeah maybe certain things should change, but the whole point of the football was to go out, have a good time and wind up the oppositions fans just like they will to you.

But this sport is just becoming pathetic now, with the corruption of Qatar, the same teams always finishing in roughly the same position, all the atmospheres dying out at so many grounds, and all the best players always joking the big teams just for the money, this sport is becoming into more of a corporation/business rather than a sport.

As it’s only a matter of time until this super league will be made, and you won’t be even allowed to sing or shout at football games anymore, with the teams getting the World Cup not even being into football, but simply paying the most money.

I sure do worry and wonder about where the game that we all love is heading for!

For once ‘Lijah, I agree with you completely.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 22:01 - Aug 9 with 1832 viewsdwayne_dibley

seconded

the little hitlers are taking over as they always do when money is involved

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 22:50 - Aug 9 with 1764 viewsSonicBoom

Swear to god they preferred the covid games when there were no fans and they could pipe crowd noise.
Not only are they killing the atmosphere at games, they are charging you more than ever for the privilege.
Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 22:55 - Aug 9 with 1751 viewsBicester_North

Anyone know the name of this ex Millwall power crazed cock?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 08:47 - Aug 10 with 1581 viewssolent_toffee

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 18:30 - Aug 9 by Chesham_Saint

20-30 years ago there was some racism at Saints matches, not a lot, but some. Not now. Is there any anti gay abuse in the stadium? I think Toffs has said some, but I do believe that’s a small minority.

If I’m ever told I can’t call a portsMouth player or fan a skate w anker then I will pack up and go home. I would never abuse someone for being gay or black or old, but I will abuse a fish fondling skate fvckwit. Boo hoo if I upset them a liddle bit. They’re just as likely to call me a scummer bastard. And guess what? Shock horror, I couldn’t give a fvck.

I think that homophobia does happen but as you say, it’s hugely in the minority from a fan’s perspective.

That said the governing bodies taking any sort of high moral ground on this is now completely laughable with the Qatar World Cup on the horizon.

Homophobia does happen in a football context but it’s isolated incidents rather than a problem, a lot of it is online and again the vast majority of it, even related to the EPL, comes from abroad.

It doesn’t help when certain clubs like United and Liverpool back LGBT campaigns locally and then filter their content abroad to certain countries due to commercial risks.
Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 09:10 - Aug 10 with 1549 viewsSaintNick

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 22:55 - Aug 9 by Bicester_North

Anyone know the name of this ex Millwall power crazed cock?

Whilst I am against the measures being enforced and I am speaking to various people about it and especially how it is being enforced at St Mary's, we also have to look at the other side of the coin.

What they are trying to stop is anti social behaviour rather than standing up and potentially next season they will have a safe standing area at St Mary's but it won't be in the Itchen Corner next to the away fans.

Some of the posters on here have spoken to me about the Itchen corner and they admit that there is anti social behaviour ie punch ups, pyrotechnics but say mainly from those who are not season ticket holders but buy individual tickets.

From this perspective the club have done the easy thing to stamp out trouble by stopping further season ticket sales and it should be noted here that this is not just the club or a new stadium manager, but also the council who licence the stadium and the police.

The real problem is the issues between the Itchen North and away fans, the odd away fan in the Itchen has sparked trouble but the real issue is that both sets of fane ie away fans and those in the Itchen can see each other and hear each other.

At most grounds this was not a problem, in essence when two sets of fans are side by side its only a few people who can see and hear the other set, ie those sat next to the divide, most in each set can't, but with the Itchen it is unique in it is a side terrace that looks right into the away end.

There are few other grounds with this demographic, most other grounds most vocal fans aren't even next to the away fans but at the opposite end.

We seem to be one of the few to think if you want to create an atmosphere then you have to stand next to the away section, in truth it is a little counter productive as all it does is rile up the away support and drive them on to make more noise.

Next season safe standing could potentially solve the problem, we can have a home end in the chapel that can stand up and make as much noise as it likes, most of the issues will go away, there will be little flashpoints either with away fans both in the away section and the corporate areas and also in the Itchen itself, as I say we are unique in having this area where it is, most away fans who buy tickets in home areas will buy them in the main stand as traditionally this is the quietest and most sedate area, away fans at St Mary's get a nasty shock when instead of a more mellow fan they find themselves in two blocks of mayhem.

I'm not condemning what is happening with the Itchen, as i said I'm trying to do something about it vis various channels, but I am looking at what the issues are and what the solution is.

This isnt the first time there has been issues when the stadium opened there was an attempt to enforce sitting down in the Northam and trouble every week for the first few months.

This is not about making fans sit down, it is about cutting out fighting, pyrotechnics and other anti social behaviour, the club, licensing authorities and police etc are looking beyond that, for instance if someone fires a flare into the away fans against Leeds, volatile fans at the best of times it has the potential for a major riot and that is the real worry.

We are not the only clubs this is happening at, Man Utd & West Ham are having a similar clampdown. This is about a wider picture and all involved are putting stricter measures in place. See the link at the bottom for more details

This will happen for the next two games and then things will settle down a bit, so lets not have the knee jerk reactions about never going again, when someone fires a pyrotechnic into the away section on Saturday and they charge into the Itchen both during and after the game, all the talk will be about where were the police and stewards.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/english-football-launches-new-measures-to-curb-pitch-

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 1507 viewsdwayne_dibley

Think it is unfair to dementia sufferers who cannot remember who they are

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 10:46 - Aug 10 with 1480 viewsSaintNick

Don't move, Don't breathe, Don't sing, Don't Cheer, bring your book on 10:07 - Aug 10 by dwayne_dibley

Think it is unfair to dementia sufferers who cannot remember who they are

Or more to the point what pocket they have put their ID in

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024