Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favour for top teams 22:22 - Aug 31 with 2325 viewssaintmary5

If ever you need proof of favour for top teams then Liverpool v Newcastle is the one!!!
I know we should have been given penalties against Man U but this match is the one which confirms favouritism towards top teams. No way should Liverpool have won this on 8 minuets out of 5 minuets into extra time.
Yes the Newcastle goalkeeper wasted about 20 seconds pretending to be hurt but adding extra 2 minuets because of this is corrupt.
I don’t even have any remote alliance to Newcastle but honestly!!
Favour for top teams on 22:28 - Aug 31 with 2293 viewsPatfromPoole

https://images.app.goo.gl/nVefqjxKzx34iam4A

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Favour for top teams on 22:29 - Aug 31 with 2277 viewsSaintsforeverj

I agree, just mentioned it in the other thread. Corrupt cheating that was. 5 minutes given but played 8. I would be furious if that was us.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Favour for top teams on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 2245 viewsfelly1

Favour for top teams on 22:29 - Aug 31 by Saintsforeverj

I agree, just mentioned it in the other thread. Corrupt cheating that was. 5 minutes given but played 8. I would be furious if that was us.

I didn't watch the game but most of the comments on BBC sport say Newcastle got what they deserved as they were time wasting and going down faking injury for the last 20 minutes.
Think they were like that when they beat us 2-1 last season if my memory serves me right.
Just to add I've no interest in either club tbh.
Favour for top teams on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 2242 viewssaintmary5

Favour for top teams on 22:29 - Aug 31 by Saintsforeverj

Don’t even know why I feel this way but something is very wrong and even corrupt about this in general.
Favour for top teams on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 2235 viewsA1079

I watched the 2nd half of the Liverpool vs Newcastle game and have no allegiance whatsoever to either team and no love for Liverpool and only marginally a little bit more for Newcastle but saintmary5 is correct. This past week really has shown the bias in decisions towards certain teams and it is now becoming so blatant that they no longer even shy away from it.

Watch Klopp - towards the end of this match he never stopped haranguing the officials on the sidelines - never. It was even commented on but of course it was seen as passion and him fighting for his team - other coaches more likely would have received a booking and being sent to the stand. He gets away with it all the time.

I could not see where the officials found an extra 3 mins on top of the 5. I know it is a minimum of........and may be an additional 30 seconds but where did the extra 3 come from! It was if, Liverpool had to win - surprise their winning goal was the last kick of the match.
Favour for top teams on 22:43 - Aug 31 with 2200 viewsRon11

Favour for top teams on 22:38 - Aug 31 by A1079

I watched the 2nd half of the Liverpool vs Newcastle game and have no allegiance whatsoever to either team and no love for Liverpool and only marginally a little bit more for Newcastle but saintmary5 is correct. This past week really has shown the bias in decisions towards certain teams and it is now becoming so blatant that they no longer even shy away from it.

Watch Klopp - towards the end of this match he never stopped haranguing the officials on the sidelines - never. It was even commented on but of course it was seen as passion and him fighting for his team - other coaches more likely would have received a booking and being sent to the stand. He gets away with it all the time.

I could not see where the officials found an extra 3 mins on top of the 5. I know it is a minimum of........and may be an additional 30 seconds but where did the extra 3 come from! It was if, Liverpool had to win - surprise their winning goal was the last kick of the match.

No doubt the gurning cu nt was dancing about like an electrocuted string puppet when they scored the winning goal.
Favour for top teams on 22:54 - Aug 31 with 2187 viewssaintmary5

Favour for top teams on 22:38 - Aug 31 by A1079

Something is wrong and we supporters and teams below top 5/6 are fodder for officials and other influence. I just don’t feel comfortable supporting Premier league anymore and delighted when we can beat top teams. That for me is like winning league (Premier etc).
Favour for top teams on 22:54 - Aug 31 with 2186 viewsSaintsforeverj

Favour for top teams on 22:43 - Aug 31 by Ron11

No doubt the gurning cu nt was dancing about like an electrocuted string puppet when they scored the winning goal.

And smiling and the usual. I watched the game and don't know where that extra 3 minutes came from. Can't stand Liverpool, don't like Newcastle much either but adding on that amount was unfair.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 22:56]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Favour for top teams on 23:07 - Aug 31 with 2155 viewssaintmary5

Favour for top teams on 22:54 - Aug 31 by Saintsforeverj

And smiling and the usual. I watched the game and don't know where that extra 3 minutes came from. Can't stand Liverpool, don't like Newcastle much either but adding on that amount was unfair.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 22:56]

Yes! have no alliance to Newcastle at all but 👍
Favour for top teams on 23:07 - Aug 31 with 2155 viewsPatfromPoole

And that completely thick utter coont Danny fooking Murphy on MOTD now……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Favour for top teams on 23:37 - Aug 31 with 2104 viewssaintmary5

Favour for top teams on 22:37 - Aug 31 by felly1

I didn't watch the game but most of the comments on BBC sport say Newcastle got what they deserved as they were time wasting and going down faking injury for the last 20 minutes.
Think they were like that when they beat us 2-1 last season if my memory serves me right.
Just to add I've no interest in either club tbh.

Yes you are right but regardless of Saints v Newcastle at that time this is about many officials completely showing favouritism towards top teams and for this match the time added on after full time was 5. Time waisting from Newcastle after 90 minuets was very little (maybe 30 - 40 sec) but Liverpool were given extra 3 minuets and after they scored at 98 minuets the whistle sounded. All wrong no matter what way you look at it. I reiterate that I have no alliance to Newcastle at all!!
Favour for top teams on 00:24 - Sep 1 with 2073 viewsElijahK

Didn’t watch the game but certainly heard quite a bit about it (and many of the comments on this thread on,y go and back it even more).
As firstly it’s a MINIMUM of 5 minutes, meaning that technically there ain’t any rules to say that they could play another 15 on top of that! But yeah so they’ve gone over by 3 minutes, but it was 1-1 when injury time started, meaning that really it didn’t necessarily directly benefit ether team as it’s not the typical “last minute equaliser” where one team wanted no injury time and the other wanted loads, as ether of the teams could’ve got the last minute winner. As I’m sure that if Newcastle fans had scored it instead then they certainly wouldn’t be complaining, yet all the Liverpool ones would.

And yeah Newcastle would’ve been more satisfied with a draw whilst Liverpool wouldn’t, but from what I’ve heard on here and the radio, there was loads of time wasting going on, as supposedly Pope was down for a few minutes, as well as them taking ages with every chance they got and faking injuries to slow the game down. As if that is what happened, then I’m sure it would’ve amounted to more than 3 minutes, and therefore the ref had all the right in the world to add on that extra bit, as it teaches the players a lesson and shows other players that there’s no benefits to time wasting in injury time or you might get booked as well as the time being added on anyway.

So I’ve certainly got no sympathy for any Newcastle fans if there was all this time wasting, as well as the fact that the ref was correct in what he did.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 1:15]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Favour for top teams on 07:49 - Sep 1 with 1941 viewsA1079

Favour for top teams on 00:24 - Sep 1 by ElijahK

Didn’t watch the game but certainly heard quite a bit about it (and many of the comments on this thread on,y go and back it even more).
As firstly it’s a MINIMUM of 5 minutes, meaning that technically there ain’t any rules to say that they could play another 15 on top of that! But yeah so they’ve gone over by 3 minutes, but it was 1-1 when injury time started, meaning that really it didn’t necessarily directly benefit ether team as it’s not the typical “last minute equaliser” where one team wanted no injury time and the other wanted loads, as ether of the teams could’ve got the last minute winner. As I’m sure that if Newcastle fans had scored it instead then they certainly wouldn’t be complaining, yet all the Liverpool ones would.

And yeah Newcastle would’ve been more satisfied with a draw whilst Liverpool wouldn’t, but from what I’ve heard on here and the radio, there was loads of time wasting going on, as supposedly Pope was down for a few minutes, as well as them taking ages with every chance they got and faking injuries to slow the game down. As if that is what happened, then I’m sure it would’ve amounted to more than 3 minutes, and therefore the ref had all the right in the world to add on that extra bit, as it teaches the players a lesson and shows other players that there’s no benefits to time wasting in injury time or you might get booked as well as the time being added on anyway.

So I’ve certainly got no sympathy for any Newcastle fans if there was all this time wasting, as well as the fact that the ref was correct in what he did.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 1:15]

Completely agree Elijah and I have no love for Newcastle any more than Liverpool and it is only a matter of time they will be seen as one of the big 6 or so and get the same favourtism (and as others have pointed out - Newcastle did alot of time wasting when we played them last year), but from a neutral point of view I did not see the 8 minutes but at the end of the day none of it really matters to us except my overall feeling of almost blatant bias in decision making at the top level.
Favour for top teams on 08:14 - Sep 1 with 1916 viewssaint68

Tuesday night we were subject to nearly 7 minutes of added time from the 5 initially signalled...

I notice the pundits have zero to say regarding the 8 minutes last night..just more fawning to the Cult of Liverpool...its a pantomime!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Favour for top teams on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 1887 viewsdirk_doone

I think the referee got carried away by the home crowd and forgot about the time. Nothing happened during the 5 minutes of added time that would have warranted another three minutes being added on. If Liverpool had been ahead, he would have blown the whistle three minutes earlier than he did.

As the referee walked off, he was looking down at his watches with an embarrassed look on his face. The cameraman zoomed in on that but the commentator said nothing.

I remember something similar happened to us at Man City, where they scored the winner in the 8th minute of added time.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 8:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Favour for top teams on 09:08 - Sep 1 with 1859 viewsSonicBoom

Who cares? Both Liverpool and now Newcastle are foul clubs.
Favour for top teams on 09:19 - Sep 1 with 1843 viewsHeisenberg

It’s the pretend injuries and time taken for substitutions that are deliberate time wasting tactics. As in Rugby if the Ref just said time off it wouldn’t be a problem. They could roll around pretending to be injured for 20 minutes or take as long as they wanted for subs and it wouldn’t make a difference. As for other time wasting the ref should warn the captain then if it it continues book him for not speeding things up.

I also noticed on Tuesday one of the Chelsea players hurling abuse at the Asst ref. The commentator apologised for the language. They need to stamp it out and issue cards for it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Favour for top teams on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 1776 viewsIanSouthstander

Can't believe there's so much sympathy for newcastle.

Vile club.
Favour for top teams on 11:35 - Sep 1 with 1744 viewsdwayne_dibley

Favour for top teams on 10:52 - Sep 1 by IanSouthstander

Can't believe there's so much sympathy for newcastle.

Vile club.

not from me

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Favour for top teams on 12:10 - Sep 1 with 1714 viewsdarthvader

Favour for top teams on 09:19 - Sep 1 by Heisenberg

It’s the pretend injuries and time taken for substitutions that are deliberate time wasting tactics. As in Rugby if the Ref just said time off it wouldn’t be a problem. They could roll around pretending to be injured for 20 minutes or take as long as they wanted for subs and it wouldn’t make a difference. As for other time wasting the ref should warn the captain then if it it continues book him for not speeding things up.

I also noticed on Tuesday one of the Chelsea players hurling abuse at the Asst ref. The commentator apologised for the language. They need to stamp it out and issue cards for it.

I saw that from the mighty chapel , the linesman was getting allsorts of shït from them once or twice in a game is almost normal but time and time again sometimes by two players at the same time ? Pretty sure if it had been moussa or A.Armstrong they would be booked.

The way their players behaved at times was embarrassing , throwing tantrums , cheating, pretending to be injured.

Luckily for us the ref could see through most of that.

Shame he didn't see the forearm or elbow to the head to, I think it was bellakotcha in the area late in the game by that girly looking fullback. Don't give me that crap about accidental , that twerp knew excactly what he was doing too.

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024